• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Airship - POSTPONED until Winter 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
M3D sticking this this early is...not appropriate.

Don't want to step on your heels but typically things don't get stuck this early and there are other nationals that are coming before this one that are not yet stuck.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
AZ, I didn't sticky it. Other mods did. You should contact me before jumping to conclusions and chastising me in my own thread. I play by the rules.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So apparently Hylian stickied it. He's a tourney room mod, right? *shrug*

Anyways, so Plank and I are discussing GPX bringing their set-ups to this, which would be freakin' sweet. I'll make it official in our first post once we work out the details.

For now, I'm going to say that we're definitely going to partner with GPX's GAMME event. The top four finishers for both Melee and Brawl at GAMME will be pre-seeded into the brackets for Airship, meaning they get to skip pools. We will be looking for three more tournaments in various parts of the country to partner with in the same way. That way we'll have 4 events + 4 top finishers from each for a total of 16 pre-seeded players. I'll get details of this tournament partnership / top finishers seeding program in the first posts tomorrow.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
viridian city #7 coming up should be one since its gonna be pretty big.

its brawl only, but you could just find a separate melee only tourney to make up for that...what's that tourney on the WC that they were gonna fly PP out for? that might be a good one

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Showdown is definitely a possibility for another partner event. I'll talk to Nope about it this week.

If the same person places top 4 at 2 of the events, what happens?
dunno yet... don't want to make a promise on that until we sort out an official system for it. I'll make sure to get the details sorted out soon so everyone knows what they are playing for this summer.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I can't not go to this. It would be my first tournament and I am going to be thrashed first round. But it sounds like too much fun to pass up and since Youko's gonna be there, I might as well see who else is gonna show up from SMYN. All in all, this is a pretty epic announcement and can't wait for July to roll around.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I can't not go to this. It would be my first tournament and I am going to be thrashed first round. But it sounds like too much fun to pass up and since Youko's gonna be there, I might as well see who else is gonna show up from SMYN. All in all, this is a pretty epic announcement and can't wait for July to roll around.
I read that as you would be TRASHED first round. Good choice, if true;)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Oh sweet, I get to meet Omegawhitemage. +1 broomer to the list.

And Overswarm, I GUESS. :p

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh sweet, I get to meet Omegawhitemage. +1 broomer to the list.

And Overswarm, I GUESS. :p
Holy crap, I managed to miss that you were helping run this!!! -_- You were one of the TO's that inspired me to start doing this. Working with you and M3D is going to be such an honor.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Sooo many awesome things is going to be here!
Brawl, Mafia, Pokemon HG/SS, even a cosplay contest! Waah! So entering all four!!
May I ask if the cosplay contest has to be video game related or can anime/manga/comics be included?! Please and thank you!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
All costumes must be either a First Party Nintendo character or have made an appearance in a Super Smash Bros. Game. This includes trophies, pokeballs and assist trophies, so go nuts. If you are not sure if your costume idea is eligible, feel free to ask one of the event coordinators.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^above

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Yeah, originally we had it as "must have appeared on a Nintendo console," but that's basically no theme at all :p you could technically dress up as Luke Skywalker, or Judge Dredd, or The Little Mermaid.

Which you still CAN, but we want the contest to be a Nintendo party. Bring on the Captain Falcons.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
so since NC is a big brawl+ state you should have B+ as atleast a side event. Either way ill most likely be attending this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom