• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yea, everyone below middle tier is garbage, and there is no arguing w/ that (unless u mean link and luigi). And roy does suck.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
there is absolutely no one placing high with roy at major tournaments. this should tell you something
you haven't done your research I see:laugh::chuckle:. Neo Beat Ken plenty of times back when Ken was the Best. Masashi is in the top 5 places for best smasher in Japan. Sethlon kicks butt, Reed pawns, roK is actually pretty good, ADHD kills, Chad owns, and Exarch wipes the floor with all Top Tier characters. Not to mention the fact that M2K beat Mow's Zelda with his Roy.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Roy is absolute trash. It takes a really good player to play just a decent Roy. IMO the tier list is something like:

Marth
Fox
Falco

Sheik
Peach
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers

Ganondorf
Luigi
Doctor Mario
Mario

Link
Donkey Kong
Young Link
Pikachu
Zelda
Yoshi
Mr. G +W

Roy
Ness
Pichu
Kirby
Bowser
Mewtwo

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
you haven't done your research I see:laugh::chuckle:. Neo Beat Ken plenty of times back when Ken was the Best. Masashi is in the top 5 places for best smasher in Japan. Sethlon kicks butt, Reed pawns, roK is actually pretty good, ADHD kills, Chad owns, and Exarch wipes the floor with all Top Tier characters. Not to mention the fact that M2K beat Mow's Zelda with his Roy.
wow ur dumb. you just joined like 2 days ago. you should stop posting until you actually know something about this game.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Neo beating Ken: I have nothing to say to that
Masashi: Masashi mains Fox, LAWL GG
Sethlon, Reed, roK, ADHD, Chad, Exarch: No comment
M2K's Roy beating Mow's Zelda: M2K is the best player in the world, and Zelda sucks anyway.

BTW, none of the people you mentioned, except M2K are like, best of the best players. Does Neo even play anymore? I've seen videos of him using Marth, so don't think he only uses Roy, as well.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
Pichu can outmanuever Mewtwo like a *****, and has a chaingrab on Fox and Falco which is why he is higher (afaik).
Well what can Mewtwo do besides that jump boost if you do an aerial move at the right moment (just wondering)?

And roy is the easiest character to learn to SHFFL with IMO.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Yea roy is definitely not a bad character to use but he is just not really high tier material. He falls short on too many things.

alcheato

Smash Ace
I can't believe I'm seeing so much support for Roy. He has a total of three good moves, can be easily combed by pretty much every character in the game, and lacks the range necessary to get anywhere near an opponent who knows how to space. Roy is teh suck.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
My thoughts.

TOP --- Fox / Sheik / Marth / Falco

PEACH --- Peach

MID-HIGH --- IC / Falcon / Jiggs

MID-MID --- Samus / Ganon / Doc

MID-LOW --- Luigi / DK / Mario / Link

LOW --- Pikachu / Game&Watch / YLink / Yoshi / Zelda

BOTTOM --- Roy / Ness / Bowser / Mewtwo / Pichu / Kirby

=====

Top is not ordered.

Peach is her own tier because she's better than Falcon/IC/Jiggs but not quite as good as the four above her by respectable margins. In an actual tier list she'd probably be tossed into top or mid.

I'm not sure what order Falcon/IC/Jiggs should be in.

I'm pretty sure Samus/Ganon/Doc is in order.

Low is not ordered.

The last three in bottom I'm not sure about but they're definitely the last three. I'm pretty sure Pichu and Kirby are worse than Mewtwo. Whether Pichu is worse than Kirby or vice versa is debatable either way since Kirby has better moves and more weight but Pichu has a projectile, more speed, less lag and is harder to edgeguard. I'm not sure about Roy vs Ness.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
absolutely not! Roy rocks. and although DK may be able to cargo juggle fast fallers, Roy can SHFFL juggle fastfaller and chainthrow them. and about the list, roy should be higher.
DK can juggle them and chainthrow them too...with an EASE, unlike Roy. DK Bair>>>>all of Roy's aerials since it has godly range and speed. His Uair alone has more combo potential that pretty much all of Roy's moves. Also, DK has an easier time killing and racking up damage (in general) compared to Roy. Look at Bum or Captain Jack's DK lol
DK can actually win...unlike Roy.
you haven't done your research I see:laugh::chuckle:.
You haven't gotten good at the game yet.
Neo Beat Ken plenty of times back when Ken was the Best.
Wrong, Ken beat him more. Ken's Fox and Marth almost 4 stocked him everytime. NEO only beat Ken in Roy dittos. Actually, it's because of Ken NEO even got good with Roy. Don't judge simply off of videos.
If you know anything about NEO, he constantly says "Roy sucks, don't use him." And in case you weren't aware, NEO uses Marth too (because he wins with him more).
Masashi is in the top 5 places for best smasher in Japan.
Masashi loses with Roy and therefore uses Fox.
Sethlon kicks butt
True, but he still loses to those better characters.
, Reed pawns, roK is actually pretty good, ADHD kills, Chad owns, and Exarch wipes the floor with all Top Tier characters.
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
Reed, Rok, ADHD, and Chad AREN'T GOOD. About Exarch, I haven't heard **** about him placing well in regional or national tournaments, however he seems to understand the game well. ANYWAYS, he uses Peach since he's aware of how bad Roy is.
Not to mention the fact that M2K beat Mow's Zelda with his Roy.
Mew2King is the BEST Smashbros player. His Roy can beat Mow's Fox (which > his Zelda) as well as alot of other player's mains.

Someone hasn't done their research, eh?

handsockpuppet, you're just making NJ players look worse. Our rep for this state is bad enough. The first step to playing a bad character is realizing that he's bad :psycho:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
He's using his join date and post content not count to show how ******** the kid is. I completely agree and think he should probably stop posting like he knows things about the game based off what he's seen in youtube videos and on the Roy boards.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Roy is not that good, and I absolutely disagree with you on how good those players are.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
1 player isn't enough. I mean, there was also Luke's Bowser and there's WarriorKnight >.>

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't get it, why are Luigi and Link low tier if everyone wants them middle tier?(which i agree too)
*remembers the good days when Luigi was top of the middle tier*
and I feel that slowly, people are dropping all characters that don't meet the requirments of high tier at least. Tourneys are becoming the same character more and more often: Fox,Falco,Marth,Sheik,and Peach(also Falcon sometimes).Within a year or so, there will only be those 5 characters and tourneys will become colorless events...

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
People aren't going to choose lower tier characters, or in other words, decrease their winning potential, just to make the tournament scene more interesting.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't get it, why are Luigi and Link low tier if everyone wants them middle tier?(which i agree too)
*remembers the good days when Luigi was top of the middle tier*
and I feel that slowly, people are dropping all characters that don't meet the requirments of high tier at least. Tourneys are becoming the same character more and more often: Fox,Falco,Marth,Sheik,and Peach(also Falcon sometimes).Within a year or so, there will only be those 5 characters and tourneys will become colorless events...
I don't think those people are dropping lower tier characters because of their place on the tier list, but simply because they're not great characters. Which may or may not be the same thing @_@

When I dropped G&W, I wasn't thinking of the tiers at all, I was thinking "wow G&W's pretty bad, I need to pick up a better character"

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't main luigi or mario but I think they should be switched.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I think ganon should be higher. Other than cf and shiek he does well against everyone. But it doesnt matter because this will never be updated.

Dragon hawks is pretty perfect.

Cort

Apple Head
Ganon can fvck Sheik up. He can CG her just as easily and kill with an fsmash from it without much trouble.

It's pretty hilarious actually.

But uh, it's really mostly his recovery that gets him. It's garbage. And he just gets ***** by Fox/Falco

Sliq

Smash Master
Jigglypuff should be above Ganondorf and Dr. Mario. That is all.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Ganon can fvck Sheik up. He can CG her just as easily and kill with an fsmash from it without much trouble.

It's pretty hilarious actually.

But uh, it's really mostly his recovery that gets him. It's garbage. And he just gets ***** by Fox/Falco

Well if thats the case, Ganon can chaingrab fox/falco and kill from it as well. :chuckle:

alcheato

Smash Ace
Man, I would hope people don't just play characters because they're high tier as opposed to characters they're actually good with. I mean, I main Doc simply because he's by a wide margin my best character no matter how many characters I've tried to learn.

toadturtle3

Smash Cadet
My opinion is that the tier list looks essentially correct (+/- a spot or 2) with 2 exceptions. I think both link and zelda are ranked a bit too low. I know its just my opinion, but a good link is capable of disrupting most characters attack plans and makes for a tough fight. Not to mention that the neutral goes through everything. Zelda on the other hand is a character most people probably never see in battle, but whenever I have fought against a good Zelda, I am always suprised at how much I struggle. She can be rather deceptive, and her f(b)airs are so much more useful/powerful than I would have imagined. I'm not trying to say her best move isn't going to be her down b, but she is one of my more feared characters to play against after the top 2 tiers.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
marth
fox
falco
sheik
peach
CF
ice climbers
jiggz
samus
doc
gannon
mario
luigi
link
dk
young link
roy

the rest

EDIT: o yea toadturtle welcome to the boards! nice intelligent first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom