• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Link’s Moveset. This new character design deserves lots of changes.

When you get your first copy of Smash Ultimate, would you rather have to pay 3.5 times the normal value to get it, or have to eat, chew, and swallow it and get a second copy half off?

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Pay the 210, because that's cheaper then the hospital bill I'd have to pay for eating a chewed-up Nintendo Switch cartridge.

WYR buff bayonetta OR add eight more fire emblem characters?

George and Lennie. I have no idea who or what Big Brother is.
He's from 1984.

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Add eight more fire emblem x3

WYR add three kirby characters or three donkey kong characters?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Kirby is a tad more familiar to me. Bandana Dee, Galacta Knight, and Marx would make good additions.

Would you rather have :ultmetaknight:‘s aerials and jab attack hit twice as fast, or allow :ultmetaknight:’s Up Special to function as either a glide like in Smash Brawl or a kill move like in Smash 4 based on a button input?

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Old item return, no doubt.

Would you rather have a Gen 3 starter or a Gen 7 starter as a playable fighter?

(Mostly talking about having either Blaziken/Sceptile vs having either Incineroar/Decideuye. And I'm not talking about relevancy either, just who would be cooler to play as. Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire and Ultra Sun/Moon are both rather relevant anyway...

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Porky and Masked Man

WYR have Gooey or Impa? (I just chose 2 characters from signature above^^^)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Impa.

WYR have 5 more echoes or just one unique fighter and Ken?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
5 more echoes. That was actually a tough question tbh...
Now for an easy one.

Karate Joe or the Chorus Kids as a Rhythm Heaven rep?

WYR have Gooey or Impa? (I just chose 2 characters from signature above^^^)
When there are 6 Kirby reps in that signature?!? All fair options though, but that's a WHOLE lot of Kirby

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Karate Joe

Up Special as a kill move
I don't think my prompt question was understood fully, so I'm going to do the same one but rephrase.

Would you rather have all of :ultmetaknight:‘s aerials and jab attack hit twice as fast, or allow :ultmetaknight: to choose between the Smash Brawl glide recovery and approach or the Smash 4 kill move any time he wants to use Up Special?

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Three more Kirby fighters. Though I do not want them that badly, the Kirby fanbase is relatively respectful and patient in my eyes.

Would you rather have all custom moves return exactly the way they were in Smash 4 (and added for the new fighters) or would you rather see only a third of them return in the movesets of echoes?

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
First option. I don't care for them really, but they shouldn't burn good echo fighter slots.

Would you rather have :ultlucario:'s aura increase damage and knock back three times more than what it already does, or increase hit boxes and projectile sizes five times more than what it already does?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
:ultlucario:'s aura increase damage and knock back three times more than what it already does

WYR have Mametchi or Don Chan as a playable character?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Ooh Don Chan... The taiko mascot! Cool.

Would you rather have the rest of the Melee stages be announced and no plans to release any more or have your top four newcomers get in but they're all moveset echoes?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'll take the Melee stages. Robin's already in the game, so I actually don't really have any other characters I desperately want in Smash. Although, there ARE some characters that I support and would like to see them as newcomers, but I honestly could live without them, especially if they'd end up being echoes of another character. It just wouldn't do them justice.

WYR have Sakurai direct the next Smash game again or have someone new, but equally as competent?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I want Sakurai, but a part of me truly believes he gets exhausted from making them, so I'm unsure to be honest. I would say the first one.

Would you rather have ports of Smash Ultimate with major updates that include 10ish new characters and maybe a moveset revamp or two each time a new home console comes out, or have new Smash Bros with lots of newcomers, but uncertainty of whether or not your favorite character will return?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
First option, no doubt. Can't really name a character who shouldn't be in Smash 5 the way it is (maybe without Young Link and Pichu).

WYR have Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia or Heihachi Mishima from Tekken as a fighter?

I got these two from the Rate Their Chances a couple days ago. They are both icons of very popular unrepresented series, and both could probably fit...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Heihachi (through I'd rather have Mappy for a second Namco rep)

WYR replace Sonic with Gotta Doh Fast
or replace Mega Man with Meg A Man?
(quote this post to see the latter picture.)

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I vaguely know what Dig Dug is, so that one.

WYR give Snake two echo fighters (Big Boss and Liquid Snake) OR give Sonic two echo fighters (Shadow and Metal Sonic)?

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Not a FE fan but Ike seems a lot more interesting, so, 4 Ikes.

WYR

have Slippy and Peppy as Fox and Falco Echoes

or

Seperate Alph from Olimar, and have Louie and Brittany as Echoes.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
No to Slippy and Peppy, I feel like their bodies and fighting don't match well (Leon for Falco would be dope, that's the one I want).

Gotta choose separating Alph and Olimar... Why are they even like this anyways? It confuses people on what echcoes are supposed to be. I predict rock pikmin will be in Smash Ultimate's final build.

Would you rather have Geno get in but he's a Jigglypuff echo, or Geno but he's a Pichu echo?

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Toon Zelda.

Would you rather restore :ultjigglypuff:‘s Rising Pound from Smash Melee and Brawl while retaining its shield breaking capabilities from Smash 4, or :ultjigglypuff:‘s Rest power and launch angle from Smash Melee?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Give me Toadette and keep Sonic's better look.
WYR have Daisy or Chrom as a unique character ala Isabelle?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I like Twilight Princess designs more, so that.
WYR change Ultimate's art style with Melee or Brawl?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultsonic:. I could care less for :ultsonic: to be honest.

Would you rather make :ultrichter: an alternate skin set of :ultsimon: like how Alph is to :ultolimar:, or make :ultrichter: too unique to even be called a SemiClone of :ultsimon:?

Last edited:
Top Bottom