• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It’s a straightforward game. Come up with two possible things that can be included in Smash.

They can be anything. A gameplay mechanic, a mode, a stage, a poke ball, a character, a circumstance, whatever. The only rule is it has to be in regards to Smash brothers switch. So the first poster posts:

“Would you rather have rayquaza as a poke ball summon or as a stage hazard?”

And then, the next guy posts:

“Stage Hazard” (unless he wanted pokeball summon, then he should have posted that.)

BUT HE’S NOT DONE! To keep the game going not only does he say what he’d rather want, he posts his own brand spanking new question with new circumstances. So he should post:

“Stage Hazard.

Would you rather have more smash run stages or a revitalized Smash tour?”

So yeah. There you go.

Would you rather have more smash run stages or a revitalized Smash tour?

D

Deleted member

I would rather not have him in at all.

Would you rather have Ridley as a boss or a playable character?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
6 posts in and it’s already a cluster**** :laugh:

I would rather have Tetris stage.

Would you rather have Balloon Fighter or Excitebiker as a playable character?

(Don’t say “neither one” because that’s completely missing the point of the game)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Larger so that there'd be more room for the characters I want.

Would you want any of the Melee clones to return?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
...what question are you answering?
Also you should ask a question yourself according to the game's rules.
6 posts in and it’s already a cluster**** :laugh:

I would rather have Tetris stage.

Would you rather have Balloon Fighter or Excitebiker as a playable character?

(Don’t say “neither one” because that’s completely missing the point of the game)
Sorry I skimmed the op and thought this was one of those those thing were everyone replied to question from the op that changed everyday and was replying to the question “Would you rather have rayquaza as a poke ball summon or as a stage hazard?” from the op. Should have read it more carefully so once again I apologize for my mistake.

Larger so that there'd be more room for the characters I want.

Would you want any of the Melee clones to return?
Yeah since why not (would prefer pichu over young link)

Would you rather have Lucina removed or bring back wavedashing?
wavedashing

Would you rather have Alm or Celica as a new Fire Emblem rep?

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Yoshi's New Island becuase I liked Yoshis in Brawl and 3DS.

Would you rather have five clones added as newcomers or an original character that you detest?

D

Deleted member

Five clones

Would you rather have 5 or 4 Kirby characters?

Skullkid507

Smash Rookie
5, definitely.

Would you rather have Sonic or Mega-Man removed?
Sonic should stay, mega man was a good brief cameo. Sonic was more wanted.

Would you rather get more individual mechanics (like shulk or Mac) or better customs?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Individual mechanics because custom moves were trash.

Would you rather have massive cuts or no cuts at all?

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
No cuts at all. (assuming you mean character)

Would you rather a Brawl equivalent story mode in smash switch or a newcomer you've never heard of.

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Pokefloats

Would you rather have the Gust bellows removed or have the paper fan return

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Gust Bellows removed.

If your most wanted character got in, would you rather have them be complete trash to the point of being completely unviable to play, or so utterly overpowered that everyone gives you a hard time for playing them?

D

Deleted member

Utterly overpowered.

If we got a new Kirby stage (as in brand new), would rather another Super Star stage or a stage from Planet Robobot/Star Allies?

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Planet Robobot or Star Allies (especially if PROGRAM plays in the background).

Would you rather have the return of the Miis Fighters or brand new Mii characters based o Miitopia classes?

Morbi

Scavenger
Planet Robobot or Star Allies (especially if PROGRAM plays in the background).

Would you rather have the return of the Miis Fighters or brand new Mii characters based o Miitopia classes?
This is actually a really tough decision, because the last thing I want is for Mii Fighters to take up even more development time; however, the classes were bad last time. If you just said "character" as in one, I would have gone with Miitopia, otherwise, I am going to stick with the OG Mii Fighters.

Would you rather another F-Zero character, or another Mother (Earthbound) character?

Troykv

Smash Master
I think a Mother newcomer has more to work... so yeah, Mother.

Would you rather have Micaiah or Celica in Smash Bros? (No matter if it's this game or another one, recency doesn't matter here)

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Celica. Bit more of note.

Two ARMs reps as playable, or two new f Zero characters and arms characters only as assist trophies

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Two ARMS reps. One for each arm.

10 newcomers, all with brand-new movesets never before seen in Smash, or 20 newcomers, half of which are clones?

D

Deleted member

10 newcomers with new movesets.

Would you rather that Ganondorf get his own moveset while giving his current one to Black Shadow, or that Ganondorf stays the way he is while Ganon (the pig form) is added as a newcomer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
Pig Ganon Newcomer!

Would you rather have them remove shield or them cutting Original Eight smasher?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Cut The shield

Would you rather have break the targets melee/64 style or would rather do brawl style

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Melee/64 style break the targets all the way. I find having them reflect what the character can do more fun personally. Plus it just gives more overall options :)

Would you rather have a full engine port with no new game modes but 20 new characters, or a new engine with new game modes but only the Inklings are new with multiple cuts?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Full engine port with 20 new characters.

Would you rather have a stage focusing on prehistoric Pokémon or a stage focused on the old Nintendo series Fossil Fighters?​

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Fossil Fighters stage. I don't know much about the series, but I'm sure some people would like to see it get some form of recognition, and Pokemon already has plenty of other locales to base a stage off of.

Would you rather Ganondorf gets a new, original moveset BUT he's still awful gameplay-wise, or Ganondorf is further taken down the semi-clone route (gains a few small adjustments to differentiate himself but still is based on Cap) , BUT vastly improved to the point where he is a high tier character?

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Definitely new and original moveset. I don't think any super heavy character should ever be super high on the tier list just bc their survivability and dmg are always high which typically makes them an easier less technical character and I think people should be rewarded for playing more skill based characters.
Plus, Ganon's moveset never really felt like Ganondorf.

Would you rather a) Subspace Emissary Part 2 b) a Mario Party-esque board game mode (the mini games would just be quick smash battles with random parameters such as pokeball only items on high or 1-stock giant melee etc.)???

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
A Mario Party-eqque board game, if done properly that could be a lot of fun.

Would you rather a) Have them remove 0 characters and add 10 new characters b) Have them remove 10 characters and add 15 new character.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Remove zero and add 10.

Make Smash a typical fighter or remove 3/4 of the cast while staying a platform fighter.

Top Bottom