• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

osby

Smash Obsessed
Weirdly enough, latter. There's always room for improvement.

WYR Spirits mode having platforming of Smash Run or SSE?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Monty Mole (assuming you mean the Mario character, but if you mean the British Commodore 64 character, I'd be fine with him as well)

WYR have Stage 13 from Yo! Noid
, or Welcome to Wonderland from Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales
be a My Music song?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just for the record, :4dedede: is actually 52nd out of 55 fighters on the tier list making him 4th worst. As for the worst fighter, it's :4jigglypuff:hanging at 55th. This is according to the NTCS tier list created for version 1.1.7 of Smash 4 on December 11th, 2017.
Whoops, my bad.
Still doesn't change the fact that he's trash in Smash 4 (Though it looks like he's mid/high tier in Ultimate).

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Have Ultimate be the final. Oh, come on!

The Stage 13 one.

WYR have the option to unlock Snake by inputting the Konami Code at the start OR have the option to unlock Sonic by inputting "UR2SLOW" into the name input thing that's been in smash since melee (i forget what it's called, but it saves control schemes, so that's what I use it for)

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Konami Code. Snake was my Smash Brawl main.

Would you rather have to unlock all the stages besides the staple stages, or have more than half the music be unlocked from randomly dropped CDs?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
more than half the music be unlocked from randomly dropped CDs

WYR have Noctis from Final Fantasy XV OR AiAi from Super Monkey Ball as a playable character?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
AiAi. I think it would be nice to see how unique his move pool involves his rolling balls

WYR have a fixed up Tournament mode or 20 DLC characters with 6 of them being Echos?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Fixed up tournament mode

WYR have the assist trophy of your choice upgraded to a newcomer OR the first-party newcomer of your choice that isn't already confirmed as an Assist Trophy?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the prior: playable Waluigi please!

WYR have the Barenaked Ladies' 2005 rock classic One Little Slip from the soundtrack of Disney's Chicken Little be the only song in the game, or have no sound in the game at all?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
:ultvillager:'s tree being four times bigger. At least :ultvillager: wouldn't be able to pocket the stage and get a guaranteed win.

Would you rather have :ultshulk:'s Monado Arts be ten times more effective in increasing the stats each individual one buffs, or have :ultshulk:'s Monado arts never negatively affect any stats when used?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultvillager:'s tree being four times bigger. At least :ultvillager: wouldn't be able to pocket the stage and get a guaranteed win.

Would you rather have :ultshulk:'s Monado Arts be ten times more effective in increasing the stats each individual one buffs, or have :ultshulk:'s Monado arts never negatively affect any stats when used?
So it's a shulk buff no matter what
2nd option

WYR lose every matchup that should be in your favor, or the rest of the newcomers are ones you explicitly mentioned you don't want?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remove K.Rool and Ridley, easiest decision I've ever made on this thread.
WYR have Kat & Ana back or have a new WarioWare AT?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
New WarioWare AT.

Would you rather have some catastrophic natural disaster hit Japan on December 6th and delay shipping of all preorders for Smash Ultimate between 2 weeks and 3 months based on where you live, or have the date of official release be pushed back to January 4th for “technical issues”?

Last edited:

HeavenWolfHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavenWolfHD
3DS FC
5155-4164-9910
Burger Time stage

WYR have your favorite character be one of the worst character in the game or be Broken Tier ?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Burger Time stage

WYR have your favorite character be one of the worst character in the game or be Broken Tier ?
My favourite characters are Zelda and Jigglypuff so former.
WYR not getting any fighters from new franchises or all new items, stages etc. from being new franchises?

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
I'll pick the second choice

WYR have a game mode similar to Freeze Tag or a game mode similar to Hot Potato?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Hot Potato. I'd imagine that the most agile would also be the most broken in a game of Freeze Tag.

WYR receive the full game extremely early but be forced to only play as your least favorite character(s) until launch or receive the full game extremely early but only allowed 30 minutes of total gameplay?

osby

Smash Obsessed
First one, I can wait.
WYR having three different directs before game or have everything in one big direct?

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
I'd say the Namvo trio seperate

WYR have a pokeball item which has a pokemon follow you and assist with attacks or a pokeball that traps other fighters in it?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
pokeball that traps other fighters in it... That would be fun

WYR cut Kirby or Pikachu?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pikachu. At least it's not the name of its series. We have Pichu anyway, so hopefully he'll evolve next game. That, or we could get Raichu and say Pikachu evolved again.

WYR have Gamecube Controllers not compatible with the Switch or tripping back?

D

Deleted member

GameCube controllers not compatible with the Switch.

Would you rather have Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden or Bill Rizer from Contra as a 3rd part NES rep?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
George and Lennie. I have no idea who or what Big Brother is.

WYR be hit by Wario's Waft or Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch in real life?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wario Waft

WYR have Bubsy, Goku and Shrek announced tonight, or have Isaac, Geno and Banjo-Kazooie DEconfirmed tonight?
The deconfirmations... Isaac, despite being one of my most wanted, would just be another character that I wanted, but didn't make it (like Mimikyu and Captain Toad). I have no attachment to the other two.

WYR have a roster start with your least favorite character and have to unlock them all in order of least favorite to favorite or have the entire roster unlocked from the beginning?

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
The deconfirmations... Isaac, despite being one of my most wanted, would just be another character that I wanted, but didn't make it (like Mimikyu and Captain Toad). I have no attachment to the other two.

WYR have a roster start with your least favorite character and have to unlock them all in order of least favorite to favorite or have the entire roster unlocked from the beginning?
Definitely the former. Unlocking the entire roster > having the entire roster to begin with, and I doubt there are many characters I legitimately dislike playing as

WYR have only 14 characters or 2 stages

D

Deleted member

Cut Sonic.

Would you rather remove the entire franchise of Pokemon from Smash Bros or remove the entire franchise of Fire Emblem from Smash Bros?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
WYR have only 14 characters or 2 stages
Wasn't this basically competitive Smash 4?

Would you rather remove the entire franchise of Pokemon from Smash Bros or remove the entire franchise of Fire Emblem from Smash Bros?
Damn... I'm a massive Pokemon fan, but I enjoy the FE characters more overall in Smash... but cutting the Pokemon ones would remove a whole bunch of diversity from the game... I'd have to say Pokemon though. It's successful enough to succeed as its own franchise and has Pokken at least.

Would you rather top characters get nerfed hardcore after Ultimate's release or have awful characters patched to be broken?

D

Deleted member

Wasn't this basically competitive Smash 4?

Damn... I'm a massive Pokemon fan, but I enjoy the FE characters more overall in Smash... but cutting the Pokemon ones would remove a whole bunch of diversity from the game... I'd have to say Pokemon though. It's successful enough to succeed as its own franchise and has Pokken at least.

Would you rather top characters get nerfed hardcore after Ultimate's release or have awful characters patched to be broken?
Nerf the top characters please.
Alright follow up question. Would rather cut :ultpokemontrainer:or:ultmewtwo:?

Top Bottom