• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
The melee portion made me cry... seriously, I'm crying right now.

Have you watched another video about melee before? This isn't a joke is it?

You know it's ok to make a video like this, who cares how well you play it's fine... but when you add crap like... "MINDGAMES" or "Best tech ever?" or "What Limits?" on a video like this, it makes you look like a JonaDiaper (douche)
Wow Jona, you've really made a name for yourself....

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... I think I'll be out of commission for the next 2 days. I had a fever of 102 this morning, and I feel horrible. Ooooohhhh.
HA. What a coincidence. I think I've had the flu for the past few days. I spent all of Saturday sleeping :(.

I'm almost better though, except for the dizzy moments >_>.

otg

Smash Master
This is very true, I will most likely end up going to No Johnz if alukard plans on hosting. You should really come down though Roman., tristate players are ****ing insane.

Also, Jona play tomorrow? I'm free ****ing all day after 11am and I'm dying to play some smash. Niko you too, when are you free?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
roman if you get your license take me everywhere. And you guys should come up to a MM, you could finally be able to convince neal to go to a tourney.

otg

Smash Master
Yedi ..... stfu lol ok? JK

If I can get a solid ride up there MM could be fun, but No Johnz is ridiculous/closer/cheaper/has no Brawl whatsoever. I dunno guys, you should get your ***** down here sometime lol. As for convincing Neal to enter tourney, I don't see why he doesn't. He's **** good and has multiple top tiers up his sleeve so wtf?

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
roman if you get your license take me everywhere. And you guys should come up to a MM, you could finally be able to convince neal to go to a tourney.
Yedi ..... stfu lol ok? JK

If I can get a solid ride up there MM could be fun, but No Johnz is ridiculous/closer/cheaper/has no Brawl whatsoever. I dunno guys, you should get your ***** down here sometime lol. As for convincing Neal to enter tourney, I don't see why he doesn't. He's **** good and has multiple top tiers up his sleeve so wtf?
I figured you guys would be teaming behind my back in some way or form...that has me going to tourneys...sure, we'll go with that.

Also, once the next weekend passes, I'll have **** tons more time hopefully. Right now, my senior project has gotten uber demanding :urg:. If I can get some more info about No Johnz, like where it is, and brush up on some tournament matchups (like who doesn't beat Kirby the most), then yea, I'd be up for a tourney. I got some spare money to kill :p.

As for convincing Neal to enter tourney, I don't see why he doesn't. He's **** good and has multiple top tiers up his sleeve so wtf?
Dude, my Kirby is better than my Sheik, Marth, Falco, and Fox combined!

...ok, maybe not. But maybe they'll have a low tier tournament. I love those!

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
This is very true, I will most likely end up going to No Johnz if alukard plans on hosting. You should really come down though Roman., tristate players are ****ing insane.

Also, Jona play tomorrow? I'm free ****ing all day after 11am and I'm dying to play some smash. Niko you too, when are you free?
yo i have school tomorrow and i get out at 3, so after that idk ill try, i wanna play too lol ill let you know, im pretty sure i dont have anything planned

otg

Smash Master
Tomorrow might not be the greatest ... I might be free, I might not be. Text me if anything.

Yo neal, on the realz if we do low tiers you will FEAR my Ness. Lately I've been ****ing with him against some of the campus scrubs, and I came up with some ridiculous tricks with him. Also, as much as I love your Kirby, let's be real;

Fox/Marth all day. Everyone who's anyone mains these two, and that includes you, me, niko, sam, mad people. Lol, it's the way it is, in the end Fox/Marth are like the only true tournament viable characters.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Tomorrow might not be the greatest ... I might be free, I might not be. Text me if anything.

Yo neal, on the realz if we do low tiers you will FEAR my Ness. Lately I've been ****ing with him against some of the campus scrubs, and I came up with some ridiculous tricks with him. Also, as much as I love your Kirby, let's be real;

Fox/Marth all day. Everyone who's anyone mains these two, and that includes you, me, niko, sam, mad people. Lol, it's the way it is, in the end Fox/Marth are like the only true tournament viable characters.
yea main the 2 gayest characters in the game woo!

um no falco/falcon. their names are almost the same i mean come on

I'll be at the DMV tomorrow. Gettin mah permitz.
lmao

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I think Climbers would also show up in tournies as winners if more people actually played them.

Possibly Jiggs as well. Especially for doubles, lawl.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I don't think climbers are anything much harder to learn versus, say, fox, lol. Their grab combos, while maybe difficult to do at first, seems fairly doable once you get it, especially versus fast fallers.

If Falcon can win tournaments, I think Jiggly can as well, though, the deciding issue is how they handle Marths. Falcon has the speed, Jiggly, not so much, lol.

Oh yeah, there's also Peach, she could win some tournaments as well, but she seems to have fallen off in popularity a lot.

Edit: Though, about Climbers, come to think of it, their big strength is when they're together, and it's fairly easy to **** combo Nana, though maybe could Climbers can figure out a way to disrupt that, I dunno.

otg

Smash Master
Guys, I'm talking about the TOP TOP TOP levels of play. Fox/Marth are really the only two viable characters at that level, they are just clearly better than the rest of the cast, and this includes Sheik/Falco. At our level of play, pretty much anyone is usable to compete, and this is not saying anything bad about us. I'm just saying, if you want to beat m2k you either need to be Mango, or play the TOP TOP tiers.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Well, Darkrain has won stuff, Chudat has won stuff, I don't know much about the best Peach players but I know some of them has won stuff. I guess if you always want to compare to m2k, maybe, but, you can call me naive/optimistic, maybe if, say, Darkrain could consistently play and practice against m2k and cactuar there might be the possibility he could beat them for tournaments, however, that's just theoretical guesswork on my part.

Though, M2K seems to be convinced that Sheik is better than everyone else gives her credit for.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yea hes says shes #1

falco and falcon and sheik both have a chance to be at top

but no one travels and plays them, like if darkrain or ss traveled everywhere it would be overrr
if like idk good falco and sheik mainers traveled it would be over as well lol

fox and marth are just more popular. people willing to travel most likely play them

Niko45

Smash Master
lol max I think you over analyze tiers and characters and stuff. Marth and Fox are not CLEARLY better than sheik, or falco for that matter.

TO4 finals that just happened was cfalcon vs jigglypuff.
DSW took m2k to last match last stock with falco.
Drephen is probably considered the person who gives m2k the most trouble historically (with sheik).
And no I know SS and pink shinobi (tho I think pink is nasty) do not count winning in norcal.

Then there are lots of high tier mains that are like top 10 or 20 in the country...cort, mango, chu dat, darkrain.

Marth/Fox are probably the characters m2k ***** the worst actually.

The real problem is that maining marth isn't good enough anymore and maining fox isn't good enough anymore. You need to main both of them and you should probably have another incredible character as well. Anything high tier or higher can at least compete from what results have shown.

otg

Smash Master
The dual Fox/Marth main is definitely where it's at, that's all I"m saying. Even if you don't main them, having either one up your pocket for CPing and what not is def necessary. In fact, I'd like to believe I could continue to use Doc at high levels of play with Fox/Marth as back up, but in the end, wouldn't I be better off just using either one of them and save myself the trouble of using a mid tier?

Don't get me wrong, I play this game for fun, which means I'd rather lose with Doc than win with top tiers, but I also want to get better and compete at high levels, particularly at No Johnz. This really means focusing on getting better with Top Tiers, why even put myself at a disadvantage.

Besides, believe it or not, I actually enjoying using Fox/Marth. I could never bring myself to play Sheik because she's mad boring, and I don't really enjoy Falco nearly as much as Fox, so thats just me.

In the end people, shouldn't we all just main Falcon?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Well, as awesome as Falcon is, it wouldn't be very interesting if everyone mained him.

Niko45

Smash Master
I also agree dual fox/marth is the best combo to main in the game by far. I also agree that they are ridiculously fun to play with. No Johns is ridiculous everyone and their cousin plays fox surprisingly fewer marths tho. I think in general playing with and against fox particularly makes you so good at this game so fast.

Or be like M2K and main sheik/fox/marth. That **** is broken.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Well, as awesome as Falcon is, it wouldn't be very interesting if everyone mained him.
are you insane???? falcon dittos all the time???? i think i would die from so much fun/awesome/sexiness

I also agree dual fox/marth is the best combo to main in the game by far.
actually i disagree with the fox/marth

i think falco/falcon is better and heres why.

falco like 0-60 fox everyday and falcon can death combo marth all day if your good enough.
it just seems like fox and marth get countered by them in the way i just said, although falco/fox is 50/50(?) on any stage other then like FD i think its slightly in falco's favor because of the guaranteed combos early on in the life. for sheik i would probly go falcon. basically falco is only for fox....which max made me do....fox is gay

Niko45

Smash Master
are you insane???? falcon dittos all the time???? i think i would die from so much fun/awesome/sexiness

actually i disagree with the fox/marth

i think falco/falcon is better and heres why.

falco like 0-60 fox everyday and falcon can death combo marth all day if your good enough.
it just seems like fox and marth get countered by them in the way i just said, although falco/fox is 50/50(?) on any stage other then like FD i think its slightly in falco's favor because of the guaranteed combos early on in the life. for sheik i would probly go falcon. basically falco is only for fox....which max made me do....fox is gay
I think Fox ***** Falco and especially on FD. I think Marth/Falcon is stage dependent and nearly even anyway. I know for a motherlovin fact that sheik ***** the **** out of cfalcon worse than any other character in this game. Marth is basically all around great against everyone except sheik/cfalcon/sort of ganon/sort of link and fox is great against all of those characters.

Anyway everyone play cfalcon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5oK9lV4dA0&feature=channel_page

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol i know fox ***** falco on FD, even tho its sorta like a whoever gets a first hit gets the kill kinda thing.
anyways <3333 your better then darkrain for not getting a reverse knee.<333333333333333

enough of that. but like i was saying maybe falco for sheik then you know? falcon ***** the non/spacies -sheik

and falco gets the spacies +sheik

Niko45

Smash Master
the problem is that fox can combo you from grab until he can kill you from grab and that is like legit from 0-200%. You can get them to 50 but then its not that easy. Ledge teching dair is actually really easy so u need bairs and fsmashes which are definitely legit just not as good as....grab.

Not to mention fox gimps on falco are just stupid.

Fox is insane he has no character he is truly at a disadvantage to. When it comes down to it tho I'd rather be marth or fox against another fox. I need to get my fox game up wow!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Yo neal, on the realz if we do low tiers you will FEAR my Ness. Lately I've been ****ing with him against some of the campus scrubs, and I came up with some ridiculous tricks with him.
gtfo my ness wud **** the balls off of yours.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
By the way, I'm happy. I won that playbox tournament thing. Not a big deal, considering that there were only 8 people in the melee singles, lol. But I beat Kenny for finals, which hopefully wasn't just a fluke on his and my part.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Tian decided not to show up. I was hoping that maybe Lin or Valdet would show up so we could beast on them some, but they didn't. It was also during the same time as the Comic Con was, so, that may have been why there was so few people this time around.

Niko45

Smash Master
I wish they could do another melee tournament at NYU. I have a feeling the rankings would switch around a lot. Way to beast, Mikael.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Yeah, it would be awesome if we could. I can try talking with Justin and see if we can get some sort of event to happen.

Thanks, though. Apparently, this Friday, lots of local pros are coming in to play smash.

Top Bottom