• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

otg

Smash Master
Yeah im pretty sure it's ok.

I can only have 1 person spend the night, and that's going to be vanz cause we already planned that.

everyone take down my number, and call me before you leave tomorrow, cause i may or may not be home.

914 217 4731
**** dude, if I can't crash at your house I don't think I can come. The last bus over to Dobbs Ferry and back is at like 6:15.

Milos

Smash Lord
I dunno who has a car?

Graham Im gonna put the kitchen tv and the tv from my room in the living room so that we have enough space. PC and I are leaving the city at noon so shoot for 1 pm but call me first I'll post again and update in like 2 hours.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
****, okay.

Well I think that Max is better than Nick/Tian, I have a harder time fighting his Marth than then both of theirs, Even though I haven't played Tian in a good while. Never really played Kenny too seriously, we picked like, Ness and Roy and stuff, so I trust Nick's judgment. I do well against Milos with Ganon and Samus, and If I remember correctly, I won about half of our matches, but I still believe he's better than me. Mikael bets me about 65%-70% of the time, so he's **** =3. I was doing pretty okay against Hazzard last time I played him, but Idk if he was sandbagging. PC, never played ( PC PLAY MEH!!! ) I'm better than my bro, but not a huge gap, but significant. Ritz, I haven't played you in FOREVER. Never played Neal, and Jona is Jona >_>

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Lots of words about TFS ranking

Here is a list of everyone right now: Sheldon, Milos, Ritz, Mikael, Chappaqua Jesse (not your bro Sheldon), Niko, Sam, Neal, Jona, Moko, Elliot (joo$), myself? Am I missing anyone? There are some others who could be on here like some of our brothers, Mr. Perry/Bucket/Nelson, City heads (M.Tian/Kenny), lol even PC Chris/Hazzard.... but I'm not sure they should be considered as I don't play them enough, some of them don't play enough or at all, and others don't technically even live in the area anymore.

So.... discuss, I'll have to think about this a lot and I'll see if I can come up with some thoughts later.
I got a request to throw up my thoughts, so here I go. Here are my thoughts of the following people I have played:

OTG: For some reason, every time I get to play you, I feel like you keep getting better. Seriously, if I had boots, I'd be shaking in them. The fact I can go nearly 50/50 with you though is kind of cool though. Your combo ability is a lot better than mine and you have a much better ability to adapt (over the course of a half hour or more). However, I think my insane gimping ability against you keeps us more even...or holds me back, but it helps me win (lol).

I don't recall anything remarkable about our team matches though only because we don't do them very often, so I won't comment on that

Niko: The one time I played you and I can say you are a beast. Both of us have strong suits. However, I think we both falter in adapting. After watching the matches I recorded, I noticed my Marth beat your Marth (set 1) and your Fox beat my Fox (set 4). This either means we don't know our main's mirror match or we need to switch mains (lol). I haven't had a chance to study your play style for specific strengths and weaknesses since I've only played you once, but just remember how awesome my Kirby was :laugh:.

Never played you in teams, no comment.

Oh, fun fact for Niko if Max hasn't told you this already: After you left, Max noticed the kill count between the three of us were equal; since you were sharing both of our controllers, the KO count for Max's controller was exactly the same as my controller's KO count. :chuckle:

Moko: It's been a while since we've played, but I remember you having the potential. I just don't remember you beating me very often, if at all when we played. We didn't get to play too many matches against each other though, so I can't support that. I would need to play you again.

As for teams, I think our Kirby/Jiggs team was too good. Other than that, I don't recall too much.

Sam: Extremely mixed bag on this one. When we play against each other, it can go either way. I remember a year ago or so when it was just you and me and your Fox was beating my Marth pretty badly. <Johns> Keep in mind this was before I started playing with Marth more often </Johns>. The most recent time we've played, I was holding my own. You were beasting on my Kirby though. However, I notice you have a hard time going up against Max. It might be because you have trouble adapting to him, but I feel like you rely on "tricks", such as the falco -->B cancel on pkmn stadium. You're better than some people I know, but you can definitely get better.

Also, our Pikachu/Bowser team was too good :p.

Mr. Perry: According to Max, we've played before, and you were the Luigi player. You were good, but I don't recall you beating me very often, if at all.

Team matches? No idea.

So if I had to rank us in tiers...

God Tier
Neal's Kirby

High Tier
OTG
SH3L (me)
NIKO

Not High Tier
Sam
Moko
Mr. Perry

If I had to throw in some of my WPI friends, I'd throw my friend Pat (aka: Trap) right next to me, Paul in between High Tier and Not High Tier (so Mid Tier basically), and I'd throw Yedi in Mid Tier below Paul.

otg

Smash Master
Word, good input. Before I put my thoughts down, I would like it if a few other people would contribute like Mikael/Sam/Moko as you guys have all played a lot of the crew, and your input would be very valuable in helping get this sorted.

Also, Smashfest tonight boys? All are invited and my friend from LI will be around, hit me up.

Niko45

Smash Master
That's really funny about the KO totals. Scarily enough that's not the first time that's happened to me playing with max. That's also really funny now that you point that out about our ditto sets. Melee is so weird. Max I could be interested in something tonight..it's so brick out I'm not sure but I'll be in touch.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Well, I know for sure that Nick and Max > Me, lol. Same with Tian, though I seem to get a somewhat skewed experience with him because he loves to play Falcon dittos with me, though I certainly don't object to that, lol.

I have to play Kenny to be more sure what my standing is with him, but I can say at the moment is that he's definitely more comfortable and familiar with his Ganon match-up versus my Falcon, which I guess is pretty much a confession of his superiority anyway. I would hazard a guess with my standing versus Milos, but I can't really tell how exactly I stand against him since I played against so many different characters of his and I don't particularly remember how I did against them.

Sheldon is improving a lot, I think. He probably could benefit more from deciding on a main, lol.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
well max said he wanted my input...not supposed to post but whatever...

well max i think is the best...hes just to smart and gay....
then comes nick, who i think does really awesome against max, since i last saw, alot better then i do/did
then theres sam, i think hes pretty good, probly cuz how close our last matches were...others dont seem to think hes that great tho...which leads me to believe im terrible...

but i wanna play again... maybe next weekend? or idk whenever...
havent played in 3 months...i just need some time to get some rust off and whatever...

ive heard about m.tian and hes apparently a really good falcon main...and thats intresting to me since im a falcon main too..
well was...anyways im gonna strictly play falcon when i get to play.... hopefully i remember my stuff and do pretty good whenever i play...

oh nick nice to know im the worst bro..even tho thats probly true right now... but hopefully ill be able to change your mind next time we play...
peace..

Niko45

Smash Master
Sorry man I really just based that off the fact that you've been inactive for a couple of months while the rest of us have been playing a ton. In smash that's a serious amount of time you can't expect to not be behind.

otg

Smash Master
Sorry man I really just based that off the fact that you've been inactive for a couple of months while the rest of us have been playing a ton. In smash that's a serious amount of time you can't expect to not be behind.
That's what I said too, but he seems adamant that he's going to beat us all up the next time we play lol.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
well max said he wanted my input...not supposed to post but whatever...

well max i think is the best...hes just to smart and gay....
then comes nick, who i think does really awesome against max, since i last saw, alot better then i do/did
then theres sam, i think hes pretty good, probly cuz how close our last matches were...others dont seem to think hes that great tho...which leads me to believe im terrible...

but i wanna play again... maybe next weekend? or idk whenever...
havent played in 3 months...i just need some time to get some rust off and whatever...

ive heard about m.tian and hes apparently a really good falcon main...and thats intresting to me since im a falcon main too..
well was...anyways im gonna strictly play falcon when i get to play.... hopefully i remember my stuff and do pretty good whenever i play...

oh nick nice to know im the worst bro..even tho thats probly true right now... but hopefully ill be able to change your mind next time we play...
peace..
I've never seen so many ellipses in a post. >_>

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i played max and i did the sexiest things ever against him but he beat me most of the matches maybe like 75% of the time if not more but i havent played in months so lol

max remember this is TFS you gotta do TFS things.... like all the stuff i did on you...im the best falcon main ever....

otg

Smash Master
even though I beat you in Falcon ditttos. Yeah, you only beat me once that was truly impressive, but still at least jona can still take a few stocks off me which is more than a few of you can say. Maybe he just knows my style, but he does better vs. me than a lot of people. Maybe I'm durnk, w'e.

Also, Milos ****ed up, i hope ****s cool thoguh,

Milos

Smash Lord
I'm sorry everyone, remember I told you about my friend who had the "reaction" to that weed I smoked with him? My mom found out about that.

im in some dumb ****, cause he almost died, and he decided to go to a Drug Enforcement Agent for help when he started bugging.

otg

Smash Master
Alright, I got info to drop but I'm busy now so it'll have to wait for later. Niko good **** yesterday, it was real fun playing against you. I think next time, I won't be going all Doc in tourney because my Fox was doing so much better overall. I just had to see how I would fare and frankly I feel I did pretty well considering every single match I faced was either:

-Doc v. Marth
-Doc v. Sheik
-Doc v. Fox <--- these were the matches I was actually doing well in.

Jman freaking went Sheik on me in tournament..... wtf is that **** lol?

Niko45

Smash Master
Haha he went sheik on me too. Your fox is LEGIT now, I gotta step my fox up. Overall I thought we did pretty well, we weren't getting completely ***** I came away pretty encouraged by everything and we're only gonna get better!

Top Bottom