• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you have File Patch v3.5.1, then yes, music will work as well, and yes, you should disable any previous versions of the code, otherwise it will likely cause an error.

Robdude123

Smash Rookie
OK so i have all the textures I wont and the code on orcarina. But when it goes to the character selection screen i dont have any new textures and it freezes in about 20 seconds. wat have i done wrong?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Rats, Alex was banned? Lame.
Yeah, but at least it's a temp ban.

OK so i have all the textures I wont and the code on orcarina. But when it goes to the character selection screen i dont have any new textures and it freezes in about 20 seconds. wat have i done wrong?
Unless you put CSPs on you won't necessarily see the textures on the character selection screen.

Also, you shouldn't be using Ocarina. Use GeckoOS 1.9, it's the exact same kind of program, the only difference being that it's not outdated like Ocarina is.

Start with that, if it still doesn't work then try explaining everything you've done and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I do apologise if this is the wrong thread, but I've recently started making textures and I'm struggling making some transparent. In particular, Zelda's dress. I've heard only +2 textures can be made transparent and her dress isn't this type of texture, but I've seen some textures of her with no dress at all or just parts of it so there must be a way.

Any help? I'm using photoshop instead of gimp if that helps in any way. :)

Robdude123

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but at least it's a temp ban.

Unless you put CSPs on you won't necessarily see the textures on the character selection screen.

Also, you shouldn't be using Ocarina. Use GeckoOS 1.9, it's the exact same kind of program, the only difference being that it's not outdated like Ocarina is.

Start with that, if it still doesn't work then try explaining everything you've done and I'll see if I can figure it out.
Ok ive done that and it still Freezes
:confused:
wat the heck?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
5ive has this problem with a couple of BRSTMs i converted. he says about halfway through the song an annoying buzz sound replaces the song. i tried the song, i got through it with no buzz. any ideas?

nfl797

Smash Cadet
Stage Texture Guide

Steps 1-4 from the character texture guide still apply so skipping to Step 5.

5. Make the following directory: private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee

6. Your texture needs to be named like this: STG[insert name here].pcs

7. Load up Brawl through Gecko OS and you should be good to go. If you are having any problems, ask questions in this thread.

Code:
Battle Field		STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island		STGCRAYON.PAC
Delphino Plaza		STGDOLPIC.PAC
75m			STGDONKEY.PAC
Big Blue (Melee)	STGDXBIGBLUE.PAC
Corneria (Melee)	STGDXCORNERIA.PAC
Jungle Japes (Melee)	STGDXGARDEN.PAC
Green Greens (Melee)	STGDXGREENS.PAC
Onett (Melee)		STGDXONETT.PAC
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)	STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)	STGDXRCRUISE.PAC
Temple (Melee)		STGDXSHRINE.PAC
Yoshi's Island (Melee)	STGDXYORSTER.PAC
Brinstar (Melee)	STGDXZEBES.PAC
Distant Planet		STGEARTH.PAC
Mario Bros.		STGFAMICOM.PAC
Final Destination	STGFINAL.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive	STGFZERO.PAC
Green Hill		STGGREENHILL.PAC
Flat Zone 2		STGGW.PAC
Halberd			STGHALBERD.PAC
Summit			STGICE.PAC
Rumble Falls		STGJUNGLE.PAC
Mario Circuit		STGKART.PAC
Warioware, Inc.		STGMADEIN.PAC
Luigi's Mansion		STGMANSION.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 1	STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 2	STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Rex)	STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Ray)	STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC
Shadow Moses (Gecko)	STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
New Pork City		STGNEWPORK.PAC
Norfair			STGNORFAIR.PAC
Bridge of Eldin		STGOLDIN.PAC
Frigate Orpheon		STGORPHEON.PAC
Skyworld		STGPALUTENA.PAC
Pictochat		STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC
Pirate Ship		STGPIRATES.PAC
Hanenbow		STGPLANKTON.PAC
Pokemon Stadium 2	STGSTADIUM.PAC
Spear Pillar (Dialga)	STGTENGAN_1.PAC
Spear Pillar (Palkia)	STGTENGAN_2.PAC
Spear Pillar (Cresselia)STGTENGAN_3.PAC
DUDE ty so mutch i couldnt find out the name thanks ^_^ :laugh:

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
What folder do I put TGA files in?
1. download CUPASH
2. get your hands on common5_en.pac, and copy that into the "neededfiles" folder in CUPASH
3. run step1_extract
4. copy the desired TGA files into "newfiles"
5. run step2_create
6. go in to the "system" folder created, and rename the "common5_en.pac" to "common5.pac"
7. if you had character#_small files, go into the "info" folder, then "portrite", and rename the InfFace.###.brres to InfFace###.brres (extra dot in there"
8. copy "info", "menu", and "system" to your pf folder of the SD card

5ive has this problem with a couple of BRSTMs i converted. he says about halfway through the song an annoying buzz sound replaces the song. i tried the song, i got through it with no buzz. any ideas?
it's either too loud or the SD card's fault

okay, I'm pretty confused on how all this works out. I thought it'd be a piece of cake.
Can somebody give me a brief explanation on how to use premade texture's in brawl? Like ones off of Stack Smash for example. Do you have to use the Homebrew Channel with Gecko OS on it?

And I'm also confused about step three at the beginning of the thread, I'm like really lost.
"3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct..................Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager)."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You have to run Gecko OS with HBC on your wii. Gecko OS needs to be on your SD card.

As for the gct, PAL is for Europe. NTSC-U is America. Make a text file out of the code you need and open it in codemanager. Name it, save it, export to gct.

endgel

Smash Rookie
I have everything set up just like it's told here but when I start the game, I always have the normal texture.

Etarip Naisa

Smash Rookie
so in the fighter i must write 01 or fitsonic01 i am confused
FitSonic01.pcs

I have everything set up just like it's told here but when I start the game, I always have the normal texture.
Did you go past the Character Selection Screen and into an actual fight? Unless you have the CSP's set up, you won't be able to see your textures in the Character Selection Screen. However, they will be seen during the actual battle.

(Someone correct this n00b (me) if I'm wrong)

endgel

Smash Rookie
FitSonic01.pcs

Did you go past the Character Selection Screen and into an actual fight? Unless you have the CSP's set up, you won't be able to see your textures in the Character Selection Screen. However, they will be seen during the actual battle.

(Someone correct this n00b (me) if I'm wrong)
I go in the battle and I always see the normal texture.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
is your sd card an SDHC? in fighter, do you have all the character files in there? in the sonic folder, or whatever character folder, are there files like "fitsonic01.pcs" etc? are the character files themselves named correctly.

endgel

Smash Rookie
I have an SDHC, Everything is just like on the first post.

I just saw something weird while been in the game, when I pause the game or change menu the game now lag and during battle only the player 1 has his character portrait beside his damage number.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, textures can be added with Iso hacking. Cool.

Is there a way yet to add it to a button so I can switch between the new texture and the original, or is still a replacer mod?

I would love to get the swimsuit samus mod in there, but I also love seeing her in her zero suit also.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Brawl doesn't support SDHC cards so things like textures/music still need an SD card. Only codes that aren't streamed from a card will work with SDHC.

haloscorpionm12

Smash Rookie
hey guys i have a question regarding part 3 of this guide: **3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).**

I'm one of the people who doesnt exactly understand how to use code manager. I have it downloaded but I don't understand step by step how to get the code under the MUSIC section that's listed into a .gct file. Could someone help me out step by step? Thanks!

pao13

Smash Rookie
i have a problem my textures don't show up !!!! does this have to do sth with boot mii not being able to install

Robdude123

Smash Rookie
FirustheHedgehog;8038848 Unless you put CSPs on you won't necessarily see the textures on the character selection screen. Also said:
Ahh dude please help me! I may be asking to much of you but i think i my might be simple to fix!

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so now I figured out how to use textures, but the Wii freezes almost everytime. Is there anyway to reduce freezing? Should I use less textures (I have like 6), or remove stuff from my SD card?

And also, what exactly is the Dynamic SD Loader? Is it better than the File Replacement Code?

Sorry for being such a noob, but thanks for your help throughout the thread.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
On the OP, I think you forgot Smashville on the stage list.

glasscitysd

Smash Rookie
does any body know how to add phoenix mario along with the other moveset edits that are out there to0 brawl?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok, so now I figured out how to use textures, but the Wii freezes almost everytime. Is there anyway to reduce freezing? Should I use less textures (I have like 6), or remove stuff from my SD card?

And also, what exactly is the Dynamic SD Loader? Is it better than the File Replacement Code?

Sorry for being such a noob, but thanks for your help throughout the thread.
The dynamic sd loader and the file replacement code are the same thing.

about the freezing, your sd card is probably too small. get one that's at least a 1GB

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info about the SD loader.

But I don't think my card is the problem, I use a 2GB. That should be enough, right?

Thanks

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
a csp is a character selection portrait. IT's what you see on the character select screen when you select a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom