• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this, as I know there's a thread about making your own textures, but this thread is far more active than that one.

I'm trying to edit the textures for 75m, and I was just editing Donkey Kong. I tried making it a few 16-bit sprites, but it kept giving me the error that the file size was too big. Thus, I went down to 8-bit, specifically Ridley's sprite from Metroid 1. But it still keeps giving me a file size error. Ridley only has 3 different colors, less than Donkey Kong, I believe, so I don't understand how it's still having a file size error. I even checked and the actual file size is exactly the same as the original.

Any tips?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this, as I know there's a thread about making your own textures, but this thread is far more active than that one.

I'm trying to edit the textures for 75m, and I was just editing Donkey Kong. I tried making it a few 16-bit sprites, but it kept giving me the error that the file size was too big. Thus, I went down to 8-bit, specifically Ridley's sprite from Metroid 1. But it still keeps giving me a file size error. Ridley only has 3 different colors, less than Donkey Kong, I believe, so I don't understand how it's still having a file size error. I even checked and the actual file size is exactly the same as the original.

Any tips?
it could be the program being buggy

CUPASH does that too

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Do you mean in that one instance or in general? I tried it with absolutely nothing for DK's texture and it did compile, and again with a texture for the flame which also compiled, so the program is at least partially working. Which ultimately confuses me more.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Ok so in my SD card i have a directory, E:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee

2 questions

1. Do i place brawl files in the /melee or /stage

2. Do .pac's work since the tutorial said .pcs's

Also the name of pictochat, copy pasted, STGPICTCHAT_en

sorry if this was already answered but 206 pages is too much

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok so in my SD card i have a directory, E:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee

2 questions

1. Do i place brawl files in the /melee or /stage

2. Do .pac's work since the tutorial said .pcs's

Also the name of pictochat, copy pasted, STGPICTCHAT_en

sorry if this was already answered but 206 pages is too much
1. All standard stages go in /melee. The only stages that don't are any SSE/Boss textures, which go in /adventure.

2. For regular character textures, you need .pcs files as well as the .pac for any transforming characters (or any characters that transform, as the guide says). However, for character effect textures, non-standard characters (Giga Bowser and Wario Man), stages, items, and so on, you only need the .pac file and there are no .pcs files for them.

To sum up, you can have only .pcs files for regular character textures, but you CANNOT only have .pac files. But for texturing anything else, you only need .pac files.

As for Pictochat, my Pictochat texture is named "STGPICTCHAT.pac" and I don't experience any problems with it, so you don't need to worry about the "_en".

UncleSam

Smash Master
I can't get my smashville texture to work, game always freezes when I pick it. Is there more to the stage than the .pac files?
I have a .pac file for every time on smashville
STGVILLAGE_00.pac to STGVILLAGE_04.pac
anything I'm missing?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You aren't missing anything...I would probably say it's something with the texture itself, though I can't be sure.

Which texture are you using?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
1. All standard stages go in /melee. The only stages that don't are any SSE/Boss textures, which go in /adventure.

2. For regular character textures, you need .pcs files as well as the .pac for any transforming characters (or any characters that transform, as the guide says). However, for character effect textures, non-standard characters (Giga Bowser and Wario Man), stages, items, and so on, you only need the .pac file and there are no .pcs files for them.

To sum up, you can have only .pcs files for regular character textures, but you CANNOT only have .pac files. But for texturing anything else, you only need .pac files.

As for Pictochat, my Pictochat texture is named "STGPICTCHAT.pac" and I don't experience any problems with it, so you don't need to worry about the "_en".
omg thank you im going to test it right now, and also, what is the name for the online training room, "STGONLINETRAINING.pac" or what?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I believe it's forgotten city
link to mofo_ stage collection where I found ithttp://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7449039&postcount=96
Hm...that's the texture I have, and it works fine, so it can't be your texture. I'm not really sure what it is.

need help with stuff. im trying to get "attack hacks" to work

e.g. http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww128/jxxxg94/?action=view&current=marthsaquaslash.jpg

i have no idea how to do this, and i cant seem to find a forum for it, can someone help me plz
Those are technically just effect textures, but regardless, if you have a .pac file, either name it FitCharacter.pac or FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac, replacing Character with the character's disk name. I've yet to find a foolproof way to know which one an effect is, so I always test the first and then if it doesn't work, try the second.

omg thank you im going to test it right now, and also, what is the name for the online training room, "STGONLINETRAINING.pac" or what?
No problem.

And yes, it's "STGONLINETRAINING.pac".

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol added the .brstm file that came with the file and it still froze
I'm going to use the new file patch code now and see if it works

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
.tga files are used by CUPASH, not by the game. You can compile a CSS directory from them (common5.pac) with that program.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
menu and then strap is where you put strap menu textures. like where it says "make sure the wrist strap is securely attached"

it goes private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/menu/strap/StrapEn.pac

-----------------------------------------------------------

and then the folder should be called info2, not info.

private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/info2/ is where info.pac goes. info.pac is edited song titles.

Isoku

Smash Rookie
I was wondering how is it possible to make a color see-through in a CSP (ex. Olimar's helmet, aura around individual squirtle, ivysaur, charizard)?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was wondering how is it possible to make a color see-through in a CSP (ex. Olimar's helmet, aura around individual squirtle, ivysaur, charizard)?
For the Pokemon Trainer portraits, just create a white lining around each Pokemon.

Regarding Olimar, his semi-transparent helmet is really annoying to edit since only perfect magenta (#ff00ff) is recognized as a transparent color by CUPASH.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
Sorry to bug people here. I'm here to ask where do I put a completed custom stage. Also where do I put the file for textures for stage PARTS.

Isoku

Smash Rookie
For the Pokemon Trainer portraits, just create a white lining around each Pokemon.

Regarding Olimar, his semi-transparent helmet is really annoying to edit since only perfect magenta (#ff00ff) is recognized as a transparent color by CUPASH.
So then it is not possible to make something transparent in a CSP?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I've run into a rather odd problem...I haven't visited My Music in a while, so I can't be entirely sure if it's my most recent addition to my hacks that's caused it or what.

Anyways, most recently I have added a bunch of music hacks into the game, converted by Dantarion's GUI program. In addition, I have filled out a texture on almost every stage and almost every character costume.

I was going through My Music testing out all of the music I added in so far. But when I got to Mushroomy Kingdom, it froze as soon as I tried to scroll down at all. I thought it was one of the songs I started to play that did it, but it ended up working when I tried it without scrolling down.

So, basically, I can't view the last two 1-2 songs. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't see how too many hacks would cause such a specific problem, though...

If it happened with scrolling in My Music at all, I would say that makes sense, but...not for just one stage.

Plus, I would imagine there are people that have hacked their game more than I have.

I should also note that when it freezes, it doesn't beep like it usually does. It just stops doing anything at all, and the Wii won't turn off without the power button being held down.

EDIT: Uh...okay, it turns out that it freezes no matter if I have codes on or not. This is...not good.

smakis

Smash Ace
is it possible to add things only to lucas back? i only find one side in the textures, so i guess its mirrored to both sides?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, it isn't; you're right, it's mirrored to both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom