• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
can someone maybe help me out, in the character select screen the characters still come up as the original colours although when selecting a certain colour which has been edited the texture hack will work. is there a way to change the character image in the select screen. also i am from europe lol

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok so here's my question:

I downloaded some textures from stacksmash.com and got .rar files. I need to know 2 things:

1. Is that normal?

2. Is all i need to do to make them work change the file name to Fit(character Name)(number replaced).pcs/pac?

Cuz i've tried that w/ the ike textures i got and it didnt work when i tried pac (no effect) and when i tried pcs the game froze....
rar is a compressed file format. there's stuff inside them that you need. they might be folders with the textures inside, or just the textures. you need to extract the textures to the right place and rename them and all at.

So, rar's, or zips have stuff inside them.

I lik using J-zip to open them.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
can someone maybe help me out, in the character select screen the characters still come up as the original colours although when selecting a certain colour which has been edited the texture hack will work. is there a way to change the character image in the select screen. also i am from europe lol
there called CSP's. i never used them. i think they work for pal though.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
textures aren't codes. they're pcs and pac files.

unless you mean the file replacement code, which is on the OP of this thread.

and if you actually read the thread, you would KNOW That they're not codes, they're pcs and pac files.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no you don't. you can just download them. >.>

although, on some things you can't click on the name; this means the download link has expired.

don't worry about CSP's or portaits if it says that.

if you download a .rar or .zip file, these contain stuff inside them. they have the pcs and/or pac files inside them.

USE THE LINKS IN THE TEXTURE DATABASE !!!!!

codfish92

Smash Ace
lol
The only guide I could find about making own textures said I need ISO hacking and all that. If there's a guide explaining how to do it without that can someone link it?
Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem
this is the title of the thread!!!!!!
your already there

textures are done on ur comp!!!!!
not the wii!!!!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure ISO hacking is pretty much obsolete. I remembered a guide saying how to make your own textures...you need programs and stuff....but I don't think you need IOS hacking.

Sorry, but I don't remember the thread. :(

and this thread doesn't talk about MAKING textures, which is what means, codfish.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I still can't get those replays to work. I've tried putting the same codes, the same textures, and running it through Gecko OS and normally. Is it corrupt just because it was recorded on a different wii? I've also recorded 3 random matches and renamed the replays to the recorded samples... it didn't work. Should I just give up on it?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Can someone explain what a .psc is please. I know .pac contains the texture itself.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
They're both textures. pcs are loaded at the start of a match; pacs are only loaded in the match itself, which is why characters with transformation needs pacs for their textures to load in the middle of a match if they switch.

and it's pcs, not psc.

Sorry for being a grammar freak. X_X

Alphatron

Smash Champion
You have to get the japanese brsar file, which is pretty big. Even then, I don't think it works with the SD loader.

Star_Wolfx

Smash Rookie
i was wondering. for characters like bowser. how do u get a pac. file if the download doesn't give you one?

DDC20XL

Smash Rookie
.rar is a compressed file format. Open the contents with a program like Winzip. Usually double clicking it will do the job, and then you can open it up.

Richard: I never tweaked the PAL texture code after I found it (made by Y.S.). I may port over the new version at some point, but I have a lot going on right now.
Rarzilla works too.
Thank you both SO MUCH.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to get rid of ganondorf's cape?

Just wondered because i saw a texture without his cape, but someone said you can't make it transparent... so... would be nice if someone can reply =)

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
I can't get the Gecko OS working... when i push menu button it said: network not connected... do i need internet for gecko???

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I have never head this problem in CUPASh before (Just started using it yesterday, and everything was coming out fine :O)

I made a custom CSP in Photoshop CS3 and ran it in Step 2. I get: Lucas is too big, you should try reducing the amount of color you use in your custom CSP.

This is the first error I have had with CUPASH since I am a newbie to it, help

codfish92

Smash Ace
Is custom music for brawl + only or can I use it for regular brawl too?
whatever codeset has the file patch code 3.1 and greater, it will have custom music

Does anyone know the file name of Tabuu's stage?
umm..., i think fireC was doing something with the boss files. you could ask him, he would know.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
so far, the only cape i know that can be made transparent is ike's
Ok, and what do you think then that they do to make a Ganondorf without his cape? =O

Can you just delete it or something? >_>

Sorry, i don't have any idea of making textures, but someone asked me and so i ask you.

D

Deleted member

I tried this, but I keep getting an error message saying ISO60 is corrupted.

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
I have PAL so I named the file: RSBP01

but then it said:

5. Now here's the tricky part everyone seems to have trouble with understanding. It is not very hard to understand at all, read carefully. Make the following directory (meaning folders) in your SD Card:

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter

DOES THE RSBE folder need the name RSBP if i use PAL?

and what happens now. I start gecko OS and then He saids Codes found and everything is fine. then he loads. but the screen stays black and my wii doesn't do anything :S

can anyone pls help me out?

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom