• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
For Warioman and Giga Bowser, since they don't have any alternate colors. Would the pac. and pcs. files for themnot have a number at the end? Example:

FitGkoopa.pcs

M.K

Level 55
If I choose to play with no items, do I still need the PCS and PAC for characters like Bowser and Wario who ONLY transform with items on, or do I only need the PCS?

Also, every single texture I try to put on "Sleepy Hat" Jigglypuff crashes my game. Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
If I choose to play with no items, do I still need the PCS and PAC for characters like Bowser and Wario who ONLY transform with items on, or do I only need the PCS?

Also, every single texture I try to put on "Sleepy Hat" Jigglypuff crashes my game. Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong?
1) gbowser/wario man are just character textures. you need them about as much as you need any other character texture.

2) pretty sure (not 100%) that you can't hack that costume. its been found before, but i don't know if anyone found a way around it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For Warioman and Giga Bowser, since they don't have any alternate colors. Would the pac. and pcs. files for themnot have a number at the end? Example:

FitGkoopa.pcs
You need to call the files FitGKoopa00.pcs and FitWarioMan00.pcs.

However, unless you're using codes that let you start a match as Giga Bowser and/or Wario-Man, only their PAC files will work; their PCS files will only work if you start a match as one of those two, which is impossible without the proper codes.

M.K

Level 55
1) gbowser/wario man are just character textures. you need them about as much as you need any other character texture.

2) pretty sure (not 100%) that you can't hack that costume. its been found before, but i don't know if anyone found a way around it.
Thank you so much for the answers ^_^ After I posted, I just realized I had made a Giga Bowser and Warioman folder XD.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
You don't have a code for each texture, you have files that are the textures that are loaded by the codes......
Oh! I think I understand now what you meant. However, I am still having some problems.

1.) Does the Brawl+ package already contain that needed(?) code on the first page?

2.) My textures are not showing up when I load the game. And as far as I can tell, my folders are correct. Private>Wii>APP>RSBE>pf>fighter.

And as an example, I'm using the Mario 2 Wart texture for Dedede and it looks like:
Private>Wii>APP>RSBE>pf>fighter>dedede with the FitDedede04.pcs to replace his green color.

I do have some folders with characters that lack textures, if that effects anything.

Any idea on why it doesn't work for me?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Oh! I think I understand now what you meant. However, I am still having some problems.

1.) Does the Brawl+ package already contain that needed(?) code on the first page?

2.) My textures are not showing up when I load the game. And as far as I can tell, my folders are correct. Private>Wii>APP>RSBE>pf>fighter.

And as an example, I'm using the Mario 2 Wart texture for Dedede and it looks like:
Private>Wii>APP>RSBE>pf>fighter>dedede with the FitDedede04.pcs to replace his green color.

I do have some folders with characters that lack textures, if that effects anything.

are you using the latest nightly build? earlier B+ codesets don't have the texture codes with them. also, make sure you have the latest geckoOS.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

First of all, FitDedede04.pcs replaces Dedede's 6th recolor (the grayscale Dedede recolor). In order to replace his green recolor, you need to rename the PCS file to FitDedede02.pcs.

Just don't name any of your Dedede textures as FitDedede01.pcs since that file name will not be recognized at all.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Frozenpopo:

I think so, but possibly not, as I got my .gct in a package from here on one of the stickied(?) topics.
The Gecko os however, is the latest.

MSG:

Oops, sorry, I said the wrong one lol. I'm using the list on the first page, so I know which is which, I just posted the wrong #.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Frozenpopo:

I think so, but possibly not, as I got my .gct in a package from here on one of the stickied(?) topics.
The Gecko os however, is the latest.

MSG:

Oops, sorry, I said the wrong one lol. I'm using the list on the first page, so I know which is which, I just posted the wrong #.
here, this is the codeset you should be using: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232823

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Frozenpopo:

I just posted that exact same url in my post that you just quoted. That was where I said I got it from, but it wasn't working.

Should I remake the folders for each character with a .pcs file? Or should I format the sd card and start over with the .gct, gecko, and and textures?

^I say that because I don't know if the private folder differs any with this .gct from the other .gct.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Frozenpopo:

I just posted that exact same url in my post that you just quoted. That was where I said I got it from, but it wasn't working.

Should I remake the folders for each character with a .pcs file? Or should I format the sd card and start over with the .gct, gecko, and and textures?

^I say that because I don't know if the private folder differs any with this .gct from the other .gct.
no, no, that top link should start the download automatically once you press it.
here, try this: http://files.me.com/shane_mulligan/cx04bg

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
no, no, that top link should start the download automatically once you press it.
here, try this: http://files.me.com/shane_mulligan/cx04bg
Sorry, but it still didn't work for me. I find my sd on the computer, erase my old .gct and then put in the new .gct. I then put it in the Wii, go to the homebrew>Gecko os 1.9.0.1 and it loads the codes. I'm playing the Brawl+, but my chosen textures won't show up still.

Any idea on whats my problem?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Sorry, but it still didn't work for me. I find my sd on the computer, erase my old .gct and then put in the new .gct. I then put it in the Wii, go to the homebrew>Gecko os 1.9.0.1 and it loads the codes. I'm playing the Brawl+, but my chosen textures won't show up still.

Any idea on whats my problem?
no idea. that codeset should let you use textures in B+. do you have textures for every character? i don't want to say that you might have bad textures, but it COULD be a possibility....

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ey, I had heard there was a program that let you view your textures on your computer (on the character model and everything)...
Am I mistaken, or does such a thing exist? If so, where can I get it?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
no idea. that codeset should let you use textures in B+. do you have textures for every character? i don't want to say that you might have bad textures, but it COULD be a possibility....
Darn, this is really annoying. I have all the files named correctly as far as I know as well.

Does it matter if they are capitalized at all? Like the (F/f)it(C/c)aptain00.pcs?

Also, my textures have mostly been from Stack Smash, though some are coming from the other sites.

Must I erase any character folders that are empty?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I swapped my .gct with the new one and it didn't bring up the textures. It was the same as my last try.

I've got an idea. Could you, or someone with a working Brawl+/Textures type out what their sd card is like?

IE: the paths and what's on them like this (mine btw):

Also, the codes on the first age ARE included in the .gct that I can get from the nightly builds site correct?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
On the wii, so I can't help much. Personally, I capitalize the F and the first letter of the character's name. But I don't have brawl+ yet so this may not be the problem.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Alrighty, so I still have a few questions.

I would like to have BOTH Brawl+ and the textures of characters. I know this is possible because I've seen some videos.

I have the most recent .GCT for Brawl+ from the Nightly Builds site.

~~Am I supposed to need the codes on the front page now, or does the .GCT from the Latest Nightly Build already contain them?~~

I ask this ^ because I've been messing around with my textures and I can't get them to load. I already have the Gameconfig.txt and latest Gecko os.

My textures look correct. I have it as Private>Wii>RSBE>pf>fighter>dedede>FitDedede02.pcs

This .pcs is of Wart Dedede from Stack Smash, and I already renamed it correctly, as far as I can tell.
After having my other textures correct, I've made sure to check the 0*s, I put the sd card in the Wii and load up the Gecko os.

The problem is that I get to play Brawl+, but the textures don't show up.

Any idea why this is?

Sonikku305

Smash Rookie
how do u make textures for final smashes to work i put FitLinkFinal00.pac or other number for him but doesnt even seem to work everytime i put it in links folder

pf>fighter>Link

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
how do u make textures for final smashes to work i put FitLinkFinal00.pac or other number for him but doesnt even seem to work everytime i put it in links folder

pf>fighter>Link
You need to name the texture, FitLinkFinal.pac in order for the texture to work. No numbers are included.

For the Pokemon Trainer though, you'll call his Final Smash texture, FitPokeTrainerFinal##.pac. The numbers represent which recolor the Final Smash goes with.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Alrighty, so I still have a few questions.

I would like to have BOTH Brawl+ and the textures of characters. I know this is possible because I've seen some videos.

I have the most recent .GCT for Brawl+ from the Nightly Builds site.

~~Am I supposed to need the codes on the front page now, or does the .GCT from the Latest Nightly Build already contain them?~~

I ask this ^ because I've been messing around with my textures and I can't get them to load. I already have the Gameconfig.txt and latest Gecko os.

My textures look correct. I have it as Private>Wii>RSBE>pf>fighter>dedede>FitDedede02.pcs

This .pcs is of Wart Dedede from Stack Smash, and I already renamed it correctly, as far as I can tell.
After having my other textures correct, I've made sure to check the 0*s, I put the sd card in the Wii and load up the Gecko os.

The problem is that I get to play Brawl+, but the textures don't show up.

Any idea why this is?

You need the SD loader code and the B+ codes all in one .gct
ask around, you can get the .txt files from somebody

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace

You need the SD loader code and the B+ codes all in one .gct
ask around, you can get the .txt files from somebody
I'd expect the first post to have something mentioned about this, in case of Brawl+ users like I, and a bunch of the the other people in this thread who asked the same thing without getting help.

*EDIT*

The nightly build site now has both the .GCT AND .txt file that people were looking for here:
Yay, Right here

Hopefully this'll work for me.

*2nd EDIT*

Dammit! I have both sets of codes in the RSBE.txt document and I made 1 .GCT which should be a combination of the 2. However, it's still not showing the textures in-game!

Does anybody know if it matters where you place the text in the document? Say top of the document or bottom?

I have mine as:

RSBE01
Smash Bros Brawl (US)

File Replacment: v2.1a[Phantom Wings](NTSC) <---- On top
*Codes are here*

Brawlplusery Codeset vs.4.2 <----- On bottom
*Codes are here*

Either way, I can still checkmark the codes, but the resulting .GCT still lacks the textures.

Any ideas on what to do?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
private>wii>app.

You forgot the app folder. But the link you provided contains both the brawl+ codeset and the texture replacement code in the same GCT, right?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
private>wii>app.

You forgot the app folder. But the link you provided contains both the brawl+ codeset and the texture replacement code in the same GCT, right?
Are you sure about that? You do know that there is an app folder, then there is an apps folder, which is where the code manager is.

About the 2nd thing you said:

No. The Brawl+ codeset is located there, and apparently (=P) the other codes are on the first page of this thread. We're suppose to put both sets of codes in the RSBE.txt file. You then load up the code manager with the RSBE and save those codes, which makes one .GCT.

However, as correct as it seems, that did not make the textures appear on my Wii. I'm once again playing Brawl+, but textureless :(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Are you sure about that? You do know that there is an app folder, then there is an apps folder, which is where the code manager is.

About the 2nd thing you said:

No. The Brawl+ codeset is located there, and apparently (=P) the other codes are on the first page of this thread. We're suppose to put both sets of codes in the RSBE.txt file. You then load up the code manager with the RSBE and save those codes, which makes one .GCT.

However, as correct as it seems, that did not make the textures appear on my Wii. I'm once again playing Brawl+, but textureless :(
why are you making your own .gct? just use the one they give you one the site.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
why are you making your own .gct? just use the one they give you one the site.
Because it seems that people in this thread don't wanna help all the people who are having problems with putting together BOTH Brawl+ and textures.

I asked earlier about whether or not the Latest Nightly Build's .GCT contains the necessary codes to load both Brawl+ and the textures, but I received no answers.

So what should I do now? Get the nightly build's .GCT and use that again? Then what after that? The textures still don't work for me.

I'm very confused here :(

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Because it seems that people in this thread don't wanna help all the people who are having problems with putting together BOTH Brawl+ and textures.

I asked earlier about whether or not the Latest Nightly Build's .GCT contains the necessary codes to load both Brawl+ and the textures, but I received no answers.

So what should I do now? Get the nightly build's .GCT and use that again? Then what after that? The textures still don't work for me.

I'm very confused here :(
i've ****ing told you, the latest build lets you use textures with B+. there's no reason to ****ing make a new set when the current set already does it!

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm sure. The app folder is what you put the RSBE folder in. The app folder goes in the wii folder.

I personally put the Gecko OS in the apps folder, which has nothing to do with the app folder. I never even put code manager in there.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
i've ****ing told you, the latest build lets you use textures with B+. there's no reason to ****ing make a new set when the current set already does it!
That's good to know. It makes things a little easier.

But even so, why is my sd card not loading the textures? Everything seems to be correct?

Actually, I was thinking about starting over on the sd card to make sure I did it all right, once again. Am I able to make the RSBE , private, wii, etc... folders myself, or should I not?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
That's good to know. It makes things a little easier.

But even so, why is my sd card not loading the textures? Everything seems to be correct?

Actually, I was thinking about starting over on the sd card to make sure I did it all right, once again. Am I able to make the RSBE , private, wii, etc... folders myself, or should I not?

it should work even if you make them yourself.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Frozenpopo, are you absolutely sure that the nightly build's .GCT supports the textures? Do you even have any yourselves, WITH this code?

I don't understand. I've erased all of the stuff in my sd card and added what I thought to be the bare minimum.

Codes, Private (with all the rest inside), apps, and gameconfig.txt. Why the hell aren't the textures showing up? That, or what the hell did I do?

God, this is frustrating. Any more help I can get?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frozenpopo, are you absolutely sure that the nightly build's .GCT supports the textures? Do you even have any yourselves, WITH this code?

I don't understand. I've erased all of the stuff in my sd card and added what I thought to be the bare minimum.

Codes, Private (with all the rest inside), apps, and gameconfig.txt. Why the hell aren't the textures showing up? That, or what the hell did I do?

God, this is frustrating. Any more help I can get?
If your card is an SDHC card, then the textures will not work at all. Brawl only supports standard SD cards (2 GB or less).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom