• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almas

Smash Lord
Perhaps you are putting the textures in the wrong folder. New texture codes often have them placed in the SD root (so starting from /fighter/)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'll try a different sd card soon, M&SG. Mine is an 8 gig and I didn't know that the size mattered.

It at least loaded the Brawl+ codes though, which I find weird if it shouldn't be able to read the codes in the first place?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Perhaps you are putting the textures in the wrong folder. New texture codes often have them placed in the SD root (so starting from /fighter/)
Thats 2.1b, which I believe is very glitchy. I personally don't like the system because I have enough in the root with VBAWii and Bootmii and other things like Mplayer CE to last me a lifetime.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I'm trying a different sd card, this time it is smaller, 2-gigs and a non-sdhc.

My directory:
F>private>wii>RSBE>pf>fighter>*insert character name here*>FitCharacter00.pcs

Now in a bunch of the characters' folder, like Dedede's, I have textures. One of Dedede's is Wart, from Stack Smash, and I'm using it to replace his green color.

Therefore, it looks like this:
F>private>wii>RSBE>pf>fighter>dedede>FitDedede02.pcs

However, the textures, once again don't work. Does it matter at all if there is a "title" folder right before the RSBE? My friend's sd card had it so I deleted and put the other folders in to make the directory look right.

This time my sd card is 2-gigs and a non sdHC, therefore, I really don't know what the problem is. Is there a certain brand of sd card that doesn't work?

Help please?

Jolt1030 aka Jolt

Smash Rookie
So I just tryed to change one costume of lucas and add a fulgore,when I turn on the wii the old costume was still there I tryed downloading the file again and it still doesn't work...I changed the 01,02, and the same costume as before appears I bet if I delete the lucas folder nothing would change...anyone help??

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I can't get game and watch to work?
I added a folder called "gamewatch"
then when I download the texture and extract it, i copy it into that folder and name it "FitGamewatch00.pcs" but it doesn't work.
Every other characters textures function fine except his.
Help?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I can't get game and watch to work?
I added a folder called "gamewatch"
then when I download the texture and extract it, i copy it into that folder and name it "FitGamewatch00.pcs" but it doesn't work.
Every other characters textures function fine except his.
Help?
Game and watch works for each version of it, so you only get 1 and you have to use an emerald texture or it doesn't work.

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Can someone help me? It wont Load up the CSP's in the character select screen. They load up in the winning screen but not in the character select screen :(

also im pal...

any idea's?

Almas

Smash Lord
I found a version of the PAL code in this thread, ported by Y.S. I personally tested it, and have taken the liberty of adding it to the OP.

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
ok I used that but the same thing happens... The csp wont load. is it the dynamic SD loader code or something?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Ok....... good news and bad news.... the good news is that...my wii keeps freezing

How is this good news?

Because my wii is finally responding to the commands...

Bad news....its freezing..

How bad is it?

I go to the character and without yet selecting him i change to the desired color...and my wii freezes...every time...every texture aside from the "competitive" made textures.

Almas

Smash Lord
Can y'all PM me bug reports with the PAL port. I only tested it with normal textures - it's a possibility that it's faulty for some certain texture changes (like CSPs or Stage hacks), but not others. The more specific, the better. I'm busy until atleast Wednesday but I'll try my best to solve any problems then.

Hooblah2u2

Smash Apprentice
I thought I read that sdhc cards don't work... is this still true with a v4.0 wii?

Since I am having trouble, will someone else review my set-up? Many times we catch each other's mistakes.
J:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\link\FitLink05.pcs

Thanks.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I thought I read that sdhc cards don't work... is this still true with a v4.0 wii?

Since I am having trouble, will someone else review my set-up? Many times we catch each other's mistakes.
J:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\link\FitLink05.pcs

Thanks.
SDHC cards don't work for Brawl, IE, your game won't recognize it. That doesn't mean GeckOS won't recognize it, that I'm not sure. Its a completely separate issue but just saying, even if GeckOS does recognize it, you can never save replays and the like to the SD card unless there's a code specifically made for it.

Hooblah2u2

Smash Apprentice
SDHC cards don't work for Brawl, IE, your game won't recognize it. That doesn't mean GeckOS won't recognize it, that I'm not sure. Its a completely separate issue but just saying, even if GeckOS does recognize it, you can never save replays and the like to the SD card unless there's a code specifically made for it.
Ah well thanks for the help, the smaller card works!

Too bad I don't have a small one of my own... Oh well. I'm sure a 2 gig wouldn't be more than a couple dollars at walmart.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ah well thanks for the help, the smaller card works!

Too bad I don't have a small one of my own... Oh well. I'm sure a 2 gig wouldn't be more than a couple dollars at walmart.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!
Your welcome, I recommend an official one just because those are guaranteed to work with Homebrew, not all SD cards work.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Okay I've been using the phazonfair texture for norfair but for somereason I sometimes get an invisible side wall off phazon.

Its literally invisible, you cannot see it but it does hit you, and hit hurts.

Thing is its not consistant, it happens maybe one out of every 5 times. I've had this issue for months now.......any suggestions or tips?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Okay I've been using the phazonfair texture for norfair but for somereason I sometimes get an invisible side wall off phazon.

Thing is its not consistant, it happens maybe one out of every 5 times. I've had this issue for months now.......any suggestions or tips?
Its that thing where your on the stage and you get damage right?? Isn't that default for the normal stage or what?? I never knew.

jokey665

Smash Ace

It's not the side wall, it's the pillars of lava. They're invisible 100% of the time on Phazonfair.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
It's not the side wall, it's the pillars of lava. They're invisible 100% of the time on Phazonfair.
For me think its both................

I've tested trying to run into the invincible from below the stage (A place where pillars don't reach) and I get hit.......

but you could be right jokey. I'll retest thanks man.

ToonRaZeR

Smash Rookie
Heya, I searched for them, but nothing was founded...
Has someone cool textures fpr Final Destination and Smashville??

Thanks!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager)..
I'm a noob at this whole texture thing. Please help, no idea what this is, how do I knw what region i"m in.:(

I've got the code manager downloaded and opened but know what? thanx in advance.

Almas

Smash Lord
Australian games are PAL. Unless you imported your copy of Brawl, it is likely that this is the case. For confirmation, look on your Brawl box. If it says PAL in the bottom right corner at the front, that'd be a surefire indication.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
For CSPs with the SD Card.

In CUPASH, after I run step 2, it successfully converts all of the CSPs and the application does what it's supposed to do, and all that...

When I check in the newfiles folder.....
common5_en.pac is in the system folder, as expected.
Nothing is in the info/portrite folder, but that's ok, I dont care about in-game battle portraits right now.
But..... nothing is in the menu/common/char_bust_tex folder. The .brres files are supposed to be in here, right? Well, they aren't there in my CUPASH's char_bust_tex folder. I tested it anyway, with the common5.pac and no .brres files, and it froze right before I tried to go to the CSS. I'm not using any CSS codes, if that helps.

I tried Wolf_of_Ice's CSP pack, and it works no problem. I think his works because he has all the .brres files, which came up after I ran step 2 with his .tga files.

So...... what's the deal with my CUPASH not making the .brres files for my .tga files?
I dont think I did anything wrong. I'm leaning towards the fact that I just copied all the .tga files from the templates folder and pasted them into the newfiles folder. Was I supposed to edit the .tga files in the templates folder? It's the only possible thing I did wrong I could think of. Please answer, I really want to get these CSPs working! :chuckle:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For CSPs with the SD Card.

In CUPASH, after I run step 2, it successfully converts all of the CSPs and the application does what it's supposed to do, and all that...

When I check in the newfiles folder.....
common5_en.pac is in the system folder, as expected.
Nothing is in the info/portrite folder, but that's ok, I dont care about in-game battle portraits right now.
But..... nothing is in the menu/common/char_bust_tex folder. The .brres files are supposed to be in here, right? Well, they aren't there in my CUPASH's char_bust_tex folder. I tested it anyway, with the common5.pac and no .brres files, and it froze right before I tried to go to the CSS. I'm not using any CSS codes, if that helps.

I tried Wolf_of_Ice's CSP pack, and it works no problem. I think his works because he has all the .brres files, which came up after I ran step 2 with his .tga files.

So...... what's the deal with my CUPASH not making the .brres files for my .tga files?
I dont think I did anything wrong. I'm leaning towards the fact that I just copied all the .tga files from the templates folder and pasted them into the newfiles folder. Was I supposed to edit the .tga files in the templates folder? It's the only possible thing I did wrong I could think of. Please answer, I really want to get these CSPs working! :chuckle:
First of all, NEVER edit the portraits in the templates folder. Any portraits that you create must be stored in the newfiles folder.

On a side note, you only have to place the edited portraits into the newfiles folder. Any portraits that were not edited will be stored in the new common5.pac once step 2 is complete.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
First of all, NEVER edit the portraits in the templates folder. Any portraits that you create must be stored in the newfiles folder.

On a side note, you only have to place the edited portraits into the newfiles folder. Any portraits that were not edited will be stored in the new common5.pac once step 2 is complete.
Alright, now I know a bit more...

But I really need to know why CUPASH isn't making the new .brres files. If common5.pac is the file that contains unedited textures, then .brres files must have the newly edited textures right?

Well, my game freezes even though all I have is the common5.pac file. Is it possible for a .tga file to be messed up and crash your game? I'm pretty sure I indexed them, didn't change thier size or renamed them.

Really, it should be working for me right now. >_>

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Alright, now I know a bit more...

But I really need to know why CUPASH isn't making the new .brres files. If common5.pac is the file that contains unedited textures, then .brres files must have the newly edited textures right?

Well, my game freezes even though all I have is the common5.pac file. Is it possible for a .tga file to be messed up and crash your game? I'm pretty sure I indexed them, didn't change thier size or renamed them.

Really, it should be working for me right now. >_>
The file, common5.pac, will contain your new portraits, as well as the unedited portraits when step 2 is done.

Additionally, you should be getting some files called, MenSelchrFaceB###.brres, inside the directory, newfiles\menu\common\char_bust_tex, afterwards. The MenSelchrFaceB###.brres files are used for the match results screen. If you don't include those files, you will not see your big portraits at the results screen.

Anyway, if you do have a corrupted portrait, then the game will likely freeze. When running step 2, make sure that everything works properly. If something goes wrong, check the new portraits that may need to be fixed. Most big portraits that you make should have a maximum of 72 colors or less. Also, I suggest enabling the RLE Compression when saving your new portraits to reduce their file size.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
The file, common5.pac, will contain your new portraits, as well as the unedited portraits when step 2 is done.

Additionally, you should be getting some files called, MenSelchrFaceB###.brres, inside the directory, newfiles\menu\common\char_bust_tex, afterwards. The MenSelchrFaceB###.brres files are used for the match results screen. If you don't include those files, you will not see your big portraits at the results screen.

Anyway, if you do have a corrupted portrait, then the game will likely freeze. When running step 2, make sure that everything works properly. If something goes wrong, check the new portraits that may need to be fixed. Most big portraits that you make should have a maximum of 72 colors or less. Also, I suggest enabling the RLE Compression when saving your new portraits to reduce their file size.
So the .brres files are ONLY for the results screen? Well, I don't think I care about the textures at the results screen. Seeing textures at the CSS is my highest priority right now. And about the unedited textures, I deleted them from the newfiles folder. When I once ran step 2 without editing them and keeping them in the newfiles folder, it gave me some errors, involving "file too big" or "errorenus colors" or something.

And yes, the game IS freezing... I don't think have any corrupted portraits. While I ran step 2, there were no errors or warnings. I know I indexed all my textures to 72 colors..... A G&W portrait screwed up though, saying that it should be 42 or 48 colors or less, I can't remember exactly. I deleted it afterwards... Is that ok?
Also, is it ok to run Step 2 more than one time? I might do it in order to "update" my CSPs, ya know...
I'd also like to know about this RLE Compression! :) Dumb question, but is it a computer program or something? I never heard of it, sorry. I'm using GIMP 2.6 throughout all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom