• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the .brres files are ONLY for the results screen? Well, I don't think I care about the textures at the results screen. Seeing textures at the CSS is my highest priority right now. And about the unedited textures, I deleted them from the newfiles folder. When I once ran step 2 without editing them and keeping them in the newfiles folder, it gave me some errors, involving "file too big" or "errorenus colors" or something.

And yes, the game IS freezing... I don't think have any corrupted portraits. While I ran step 2, there were no errors or warnings. I know I indexed all my textures to 72 colors..... A G&W portrait screwed up though, saying that it should be 42 or 48 colors or less, I can't remember exactly. I deleted it afterwards... Is that ok?
Also, is it ok to run Step 2 more than one time? I might do it in order to "update" my CSPs, ya know...
I'd also like to know about this RLE Compression! :) Dumb question, but is it a computer program or something? I never heard of it, sorry. I'm using GIMP 2.6 throughout all of this.
You only need to do step 1 once. Afterwards, you can do step 2 as many times as you want. However, you can only do step 2 when step 1 is completed.

Regarding your Mr. G&W portraits, I can't help you very well there, since I have not done any portraits for Mr. G&W; I don't even have any custom textures for him.

Regarding the RLE Compression, that's a feature that's unique to TarGA images (.tga). When you save an image as a TarGA image, you get the option of enabling the compression. I don't know too much about the RLE Compression feature myself, but it's very clear to me that it does make the images use less memory than when the compression is disabled.

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Wait a Minuite. Do I have to get the SSBB Iso to make the CSP appear and edit them by that?

Almas

Smash Lord
Region.
NTSC-U (abbreviated to NTSC) is America, NTSC-J is Japan, PAL is Europe/Australia

Super_Smasher6

Smash Cadet
Hello

I have the PAL version of the game and when i launch it with Gecko Os with the file replacement code, i get a black screen and nothing happen :urg: I must have done something wrong :bee: I think i probably made a mistake with the .gct file...

Can you help me?

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
The textures do the CSP doesnt :/ someone needs to fix that up cuz its getting to me that I dont know what texture Im picking

Queitaro

Smash Rookie
North Carolina - I'm always up for a serious chall
Heeeeelp!!! :o

Oh,,,,MY.... GOD!!!

I am having the worst time trying to get all this stuff figured out...

when I load the game using Gecko...
it tells me this...

Game Id RSBE 01
Code error too many codes
1486 lines found 424 lines read

Does anyone have a Diagnosis!?
Please, suggestions... please... I've been dealing with this all day....

Oh my god... I'm hungry....

VietGeek

Smash Hero
with the file replacement 2.1, will I have to have the disable custom stages code still on?
No, that code will no longer be relevant.

Oh,,,,MY.... GOD!!!

I am having the worst time trying to get all this stuff figured out...

when I load the game using Gecko...
it tells me this...

Game Id RSBE 01
Code error too many codes
1486 lines found 424 lines read

Does anyone have a Diagnosis!?
Please, suggestions... please... I've been dealing with this all day....

Oh my god... I'm hungry....
Download gameconfig.txt: http://files.me.com/shane_mulligan/yzcrzn

put it on the main/root directory of the sd card.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
ok, problem. when i try to edit zelda's eyes and then run the create step in ASH, it says maximum colors allowed 128, if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture.

now i have tryed adding it into the created pcs/pac, and when i run that color. the game freezes.

mind you, the targa im working with came straight out of the default pac file...

this is making my brain hurt -___-

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ok, problem. when i try to edit zelda's eyes and then run the create step in ASH, it says maximum colors allowed 128, if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture.

now i have tryed adding it into the created pcs/pac, and when i run that color. the game freezes.

mind you, the targa im working with came straight out of the default pac file...

this is making my brain hurt -___-
The information below came from my post from the Kitty Corp. forums. I suggest you read it Peachkid, since your texture is an indexed texture.

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy (Kitty Corp. forums) said:
What you have there is an indexed texture. Any texture that has a +1 or a +2 on its file name requires an indexed palette.

Most indexed textures have to be indexed through Photoshop, especially those that use a small palette.

To index a texture in Photoshop, go to Image, then Mode, and then choose Indexed Color....

Looking at the above image, set the palette to Local (Perceptual), and then set the maximum number of colors for the texture.

Regarding transparency, all +1 textures have no transparency, so transparency has to be disabled for those textures.

For the +2 textures, however, they can have transparency. If a +2 texture has any transparent parts, enable the transparency when indexing the texture.

For any +2 texture that has transparency, fill in the transparent areas with the color magenta (#ff00ff) before indexing the texture.

On a side note, magenta represents transparency ONLY for the +2 textures. For the normal textures, you need to mess with the Alpha Channel in order to choose the spots that you want transparent.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Ok, so my textures are working pretty good so far.

However, I noticed something. I don't know how long it's been like this, but my characters like to stand perfectly still when I'm not moving. They don't even do their idle animation.

^ That confuses me, and I don't know if it happened because of a texture I downloaded, or whatever.

Any idea on how to fix this "perfectly still character" problem? It's ONLY happened when my characters stand still so far.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm having trouble..
Gecko says its read the codes but the textures don't come up when I select my character.

One thing I want to get clear is...

F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\captain

and then in the captain folder I can have:

FitCaptain00.PCS
FitCaptain01.PCS
etc etc
without being in folders right? They should all just be under the captain folder?

I can't figure this **** out : (

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble..
Gecko says its read the codes but the textures don't come up when I select my character.

One thing I want to get clear is...

F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\captain

and then in the captain folder I can have:

FitCaptain00.PCS
FitCaptain01.PCS
etc etc
without being in folders right? They should all just be under the captain folder?

I can't figure this **** out : (

Yours looks just right to me. Mine looks like that as well, and mine work.

And yes, like you said, don't make separate folder inside of the captain folder. Only put the textures files in their.

Maybe the .pcs is case sensitive? All of mine are lower case .pcs'. Hopefully you'll figure it out.

**EDIT**
Actually, my problem was just solved when I restarted my Wii and loaded the codes. I don't know why it happened in the first place but if anybody here knows anything about it that I should know, please tell me.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Ok, well I think I have the .pcs files and such right.

I think it might be the actual codes themselves?

nvm, i re-did the codes and everything. i cant figure it out

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Ok, well I think I have the .pcs files and such right.

I think it might be the actual codes themselves?
Are you using them with the Brawl+ codes? If so, you don't need to worry about making codes for the codemanager. All you'll have to do is what you're doing now.

Otherwise, make sure you have the Gameconfig.txt file and the latest version of Gecko os.
Both can be found right here: Huzzah

QUIVO

Smash Master
This is just for regular brawl. Let's see the check list:

- Homebrew Channel
- Apps > Gecko 1802 > Boot.elf (ELF File), icon (PNG File), meta (XML Document), main.dol (DOL File)
- Codes > RSBE01.gct (GCT File) - NTSC Version - American Right?

- F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\(Insert character)\Fit_____xx.pcs
____ = character
xx = Number/color

Could there be a file missing from Gecko OS?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
American if your Wii is also American.

Your Gecko os doesn't appear to be the latest, if that really matters. In the link I posted above you can get the latest. It should be 1.9.0.1 or something.

Your stuff looks pretty solid though. Try the Gecko I mentioned. Hopefully that'll help.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't think it is case sensitive. According to the original post, you capitalize FitCharacter00.pcs, but RPGsFTW says you don't need to.

I originally tried to put the files in by myself, but later on decided that I could just DL youko's textures (which is practically every character/color). Still no luck.

As for giving it time, I let it idle for a bit, and still nothing

Lukenessmonster

Smash Apprentice
Ok i really need help with this. Before i got textures i had brawl+ and they had tourny textures on them alreaedy. So i finally figured out how to ge ttextures and whenever i start gecko os, i only get to play brawl not brawl+. idk where brawl+ went and how i switch off between them. i have the download for b+ but everytime i download and extract the files to my sd card, it just makes another codes file so i have E:codes/codes/codes/codes and it has RMBE01 or whatever in it. please tell me how to get brawl+ back and how i can switch off

QUIVO

Smash Master
Can someone tell me specifically what to put in the code manager?

Game ID: ???
Game Name: Super Smash Brothers Brawl??

Under add a code/comment/category:
RSBE01?? - with NTSC codes??

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
^^^
Game ID: RSBE01 (because you have a US Wii)
Game Name: doesn't matter, but you should have the actual game's name for easy reference.
Click on "Under add a code/comment/category" to add a code. This means you write the name of the code, and insert thecode after. Then, click "Store" to save the code.

After you have finished adding all the codes that you want, click file<save as .txt file.

Then, when you want to load this .txt file, just click file <load .txt file.

Simple.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Well, I just had a friend send me his code manager gtsc file or whatever.

The no tripping hack seems to work, but still no texture hacks.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Is there a way for me to un-GCT the file? Like I said, a friend sent me his file last night.
His textures and no tripping hack work for him
Textures arent working for me, but no tripping hack is.

Also, I downloaded Youko's compilation of textures to ensure that it was done right.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
My CSPs are still freezing!

But I just tried something, when I put common5_en.pac into private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\system and keep it's name as common5_en.pac, it doesn't freeze. When I rename it to common5.pac, it freezes when I try to go to the CSS. I don't get it. I swear, throughout my step 2, there were NO errors at all. Why is it freezing? The only thing I can think of is other codes I entered causing problems. I'm not sure, but there is no reason for it to not be working right now.

And, when I kept the name as common5_en.pac, I saw the CSPs on the Results screen, but not on the CSS. Anyway to fix that?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
My CSPs are still freezing!

But I just tried something, when I put common5_en.pac into private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\system and keep it's name as common5_en.pac, it doesn't freeze. When I rename it to common5.pac, it freezes when I try to go to the CSS. I don't get it. I swear, throughout my step 2, there were NO errors at all. Why is it freezing? The only thing I can think of is other codes I entered causing problems. I'm not sure, but there is no reason for it to not be working right now.

And, when I kept the name as common5_en.pac, I saw the CSPs on the Results screen, but not on the CSS. Anyway to fix that?
Because CSP's can be glitched. Lemme guess, you made them yourself. And lemme guess, you put magenta in the middle of a character, IE, its surrounded by non-magenta. This causes a fatal glitch that can corrupt your entire selection screen or just a character or just an individual outfit, but its bad. Slows down the Wii a lot or freezes it, now, the fix is...

either, don't use CSP's (naming in common5_en.pac would do that, makes it a useless file) or just redo them without that magenta in the middle. If the magenta isn't touching the side, it will glitch.

iPawn

Smash Rookie
ok can someone plz help me explain where i can get the wii code manager thats mentioned on the first post?

i can follow the rest of the directions, but i am just confused as to how i get this program to get the code file

thx

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I found a texture for Lucario's Aura in the model rip data. Can I insert that into a custom texture using ASH, or is it only the files that come out of the PAC that can be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom