• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
But thats like the worlds most basic use of a hex editor......Ctrl F + replace is sooo easy.

Compare that to replacing stuff and using mipmaps and the like.
Meh... It gives people options... it will be a matter of preference...

Just got done with Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and Halberd...

It's easy, but time consuming to make these... lol

I'll just do a little a day :)

Sasuke3759

Smash Rookie
I'm using Brawl plusery v. 4.1 and I am having trouble using stage textures.

I'm actually not sure if it supports stage textures, but the faq stated that versions 4.0 and higher support texture hacks, but it does not specify if this includes stages. My character texture hacks work fine.

I have the correct directory made for stage textures.

Now, are all stage textures supposed to be in the "Melee" folder, or just replacements of Melee stages?

I currently am trying to replace flat zone 2 and I have the texture I want in the "Melee" folder and the file is named "STGGW.pac."

I tried it with the texture just in the "Stage" folder and it did nothing, but when I put it in the "Melee" folder, it just freezes up my game.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Brawl+ 4.1 works with all textures. What is the texture you're trying to use for that stage?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm using Brawl plusery v. 4.1 and I am having trouble using stage textures.

I'm actually not sure if it supports stage textures, but the faq stated that versions 4.0 and higher support texture hacks, but it does not specify if this includes stages. My character texture hacks work fine.

I have the correct directory made for stage textures.

Now, are all stage textures supposed to be in the "Melee" folder, or just replacements of Melee stages?

I currently am trying to replace flat zone 2 and I have the texture I want in the "Melee" folder and the file is named "STGGW.pac."

I tried it with the texture just in the "Stage" folder and it did nothing, but when I put it in the "Melee" folder, it just freezes up my game.
Upgrade to a nightly B+ which has File Patch 3.5, which fixes the problem with stage textures that aren't made by STASH and have "irregular" file sizes.

This may be your problem, might as well give it a try?

And yes, put it in the folders that caused your game to freeze. xD

auroreon

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell me how I would go about creating a CSP for a character? All I have is the CSP and PAC for the texture.
Thanks in advance.

Hentekorino

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a GCT of the nightly build with the new File Patch code?
I tried putting it in myself with that Brawl+ tweaker but it didn't work, the constant freezing from 3.2 is pissing me off.

Sasuke3759

Smash Rookie
I upgraded to the latest version of the B+ nightly build and I am still having the same problem.

I'm trying to use a Melee Final Destination hack from this page:

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=383.0

And just for the sake of documenting all of my changes, I now am trying to have the texture replace Mushroomy Kingdom.

I have two of the same file in the "Melee" folder, one named "STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC" and the other named "STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC."

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Textures only work on the stage for which they were created. That goes for all normal stages, plus stages that have multiple forms. The two Mushroomy Kingdoms are different, as are the 3 Spear Pillars, 3 Shadow Moses Islands, and 3 stage builder parts. In your case, the texture goes on Final Destination.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Where can I find a guide to help me get started on stage texturing? Also I want to know how I can make stage textures transparent.

auroreon

Smash Ace
CUPASH, download it lol
I was under the impression that CUPASH only made CSPs if you had a .tga file for it. All I have is the .pcs and .pac file for a texture and I want to create a CSP for it, is that possible solely through using CUPASH?

Thanks for the help.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
That's what CUPASH does. Go find a picture of the character or take a screenshot in the game, put it on your computer, open it in Photoshop/Gimp, and save it as a TGA (following the instructions for indexing and whatnot). You put that TGA in CUPASH and convert it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I was under the impression that CUPASH only made CSPs if you had a .tga file for it. All I have is the .pcs and .pac file for a texture and I want to create a CSP for it, is that possible solely through using CUPASH?

Thanks for the help.
Technically if your smart, but otherwise not really. You can use a model preview and stuff to actually make a snapshot just through it, but the best way is to get a snapshot through pictochat (black or white background).

auroreon

Smash Ace
Technically if your smart, but otherwise not really. You can use a model preview and stuff to actually make a snapshot just through it, but the best way is to get a snapshot through pictochat (black or white background).
Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for the info, I'm pretty sure there are guides on how to do that so I'll check those out.

Masterboss

Smash Rookie
I checked and could not find the answer to how to change Game and Watch's Texture. Can someone tell me what his Nintendo given name is. Ex. Bowser is koopa............

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Yup, that's it, thanks.

*has custom song titles*
*Continues working on code RAM write versions for custom titles*

It's for the less compression savvy... or lazy people like me :p

XD

I'll be needing people to test those as with all these codes for each song, I'm bound to make a mistake on AT LEAST one of them...

VaKe

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question i was wondering about while reading the guide:
In the example he used FitCaptain00.pcs , must FIT be there to work right or is it just the name of the model or anything?

Saltix

Smash Lord
I don't have my wiimote ATM, but my textures weren't working with 3.5

now that 3.5.1 is out, I'll try it when I get my wiimote, but if they still don't work, Should I run 3.5.1, AND 2.1?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm getting a freeze right after the loading screen after I added info.pac to my SD card. It happens even before the codes are loaded through the snapshot method.

And yes, I am using the latest code.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question i was wondering about while reading the guide:
In the example he used FitCaptain00.pcs , must FIT be there to work right or is it just the name of the model or anything?
"Fit" must be there...

That's the exact name of the .pcs file on the disc you a replacing with the File Patch code....

I don't have my wiimote ATM, but my textures weren't working with 3.5

now that 3.5.1 is out, I'll try it when I get my wiimote, but if they still don't work, Should I run 3.5.1, AND 2.1?
You should NOT... 3.5.1 File patch was meant to replace that code... unless you're running 4.0 Wii System Menu version, you shouldn't have any issues making the textures work...

Yeah, I'm getting a freeze right after the loading screen after I added info.pac to my SD card. It happens even before the codes are loaded through the snapshot method.

And yes, I am using the latest code.
I have no idea then ._.

Mine's working fine through the snapshot method... though I never tried it with an info.pac...

If it still doesn't keep working for you, you could always try the music title codes I'm working on ;)

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
If it works for you, then I guess you can keep using it :)

Phantom did state that it was meant to replace it though ._.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
My friend's asking this question.
I have no idea what he's talking about tho. *copy pastas*

when i go write the filename the prompt ask me 2 write, after i write it, it says the system cannot find the specified file and it dosent save in the edit songs folder even though it says it does.

any help on that?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Problem is, I don't know the second BRSTM you're supposed to replace, if someone would tell me I would've put that quote in the OP a lonnnngggg time ago.
It's E03. Note that the song will start over when seasons change.

Wut? It doesn't seem to work even though the song ID is correct.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Huh, my newest info.pac came out 1 KB bigger than the original (so it doesn't load)... I've only been editing exact length titles. Any idea why this would happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom