• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

links24

Smash Ace
man im still having trouble with these textures they just wont load. my directory is all exactly what yall say and the codes are loading but for some reason the textures wont load. i have one texture for every char and none of the textures work...can somone tell me what i might be doing wrong?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Since this apparently doubles as the music hacking guide thread, I guess I'll ask this here:

When I reset the hertz to 32,000 in Audacity, the song plays slower than it does normally. Will this still be apparent in-game, or is it just Audacity?

comboking

Smash Master
Do you have a gamecube memory card inside the Wii?
I have 2 GC memory cards in and it doesn't effect textures.

Not really for anyone. DVD Dumper, Dump 1 Layered Brawl disc (you already have Homebrew, cIOS249 is safe to install I believe even on LU64), and its easy. Burn a 1 layered disc and you get everything but VC games and Subspace.
i think He means that he does not want to do it because it is Illegal

Saltix

Smash Lord
I have 2 GC memory cards in and it doesn't effect textures.

i think He means that he does not want to do it because it is Illegal
I'm having the same problem; Ever since the music file replacement code, my textures stopped loading.
Songs load, and CSS and other codes load, but not my textures.

I just updated to 3.5, and that hasn't fixed my texture problem :(

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Since this apparently doubles as the music hacking guide thread, I guess I'll ask this here:

When I reset the hertz to 32,000 in Audacity, the song plays slower than it does normally. Will this still be apparent in-game, or is it just Audacity?
You're changing the playback rate, not the resample rate. You slow down the songs like this.

Also, you're using Audacity. You don't need to change the hertz at all.

I don't have stable computer acees(posting from the wii now) and I don't want to resort to ISO unless it has a huge advantage over the SD loader.

Revven

FrankerZ
i my freind recently told me that my textures wont load if my SD card is a SDHC type you think that might be the problem?
Yes because Brawl does not read SDHC cards, it only reads regular 2 GB SD Cards. Nintendo never updates their older games with the newer functionality the Wii has to offer now so you're SOL until you buy a new 2 GB or lower SD Card.

That's the playback rate, you want to touch the resample rate but in Audacity, Slashy says you don't have to mess with the resample rate.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Stupid Question: How do you change effects of characters (like Lucario's Aura, marth's Sword Slash colors etc.? I've got the files I want to change them to.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Previously, the game froze when I started a match using a costume texture.

New issue, which baffles me- With 3.5, my custom CSS has "Random" in place of where the individual Pokemon should be. I rechecked that I had Custom Random, etc. on, and the issue doesn't show up with the old File Replacement (2.1). When the cursor goes near these Random slots, the game freezes.

There isn't a new set of CSS codes that I missed, is there?

Edit- Remade my .gct, and I've had no problems. Not sure what happened.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
i've heard a rumor that old 256 mb SD cards don't work with the music swapping. can anyone else confirm this? for example, my 256 mb SD card creates tons of static

V-K

Smash Ace
Since there are no custom portraits in the PAL Version I ripped the common5.pac from my Brawl disc but stil doesn´t work lol
Only portaits after the fight.

Could it be a problem of the code?

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does that 100 MB sound file (I forget the name) work with the current File Patch code? If so, where do I put it on the SD card?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
whenever I tried to use the file patch v3.5, the game froze when i started a match. (I was using character textures.) However, when I went to back to file patch code v3.2, everything worked perfectly. It must be an error in the file patch code v3.5. :|

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
whenever I tried to use the file patch v3.5, the game froze when i started a match. (I was using character textures.) However, when I went to back to file patch code v3.2, everything worked perfectly. It must be an error in the file patch code v3.5. :|
you might have copied it wrong
it works for me...

Revven

FrankerZ
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does that 100 MB sound file (I forget the name) work with the current File Patch code? If so, where do I put it on the SD card?
It doesn't and I wouldn't expect PW to work on that next... it's a pretty huge file to stream into the Wii's memory... he'd have to find A LOT of space for it... you have to consider other codes being used with the File Patch code so..... I don't think you'll be seeing this anytime soon.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, ISO hack people!!!!!
Stop telling us to ISO hack, 99.9% of us CAN'T.

Sorry, but I've tried 100 times to ISO hack. I literally cannot burn the DVDs, so I'm stuck with this.

Now, will someone PLEASE explain why the info.pac and mu_menu.pac don't work?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Stop telling us to ISO hack, 99.9% of us CAN'T.

Sorry, but I've tried 100 times to ISO hack. I literally cannot burn the DVDs, so I'm stuck with this.

Now, will someone PLEASE explain why the info.pac and mu_menu.pac don't work?
Use a USB Loader, and use IMGBurn to burn DVD's. Its beyond basic.

And Frozen, I advanced a lot in it though :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I currently can't...but what are the benefits and side effects of ISO hacking?
The benefits are its much better on your SD card, IE, you won't have to buy a new one and it allows you to edit and control much more stuff.

The side effect is that any issues that are in your ISO become magnified by like 1000. In short, the normal Roy texture for Ike is glitched. It has a small issue that with a File Replacement code causes freezing very rarely. However, in an ISO, it stops the music and makes it so you can move from the character select screen without it freezing every time. Just selecting the character does this.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Use a USB Loader, and use IMGBurn to burn DVD's. Its beyond basic.
I did exactly that, and my wii can't read it. It has trouble reading gamecube discs and brawl anyways, though. I'm not going through the trouble fixing my wii, either.

And still ignoring the info problem.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
~New at texturing here

Is it possible to make stage textures transparent? I'm trying to make some objects in Bridge of Eldin disappear... Also is there anyway to preview the textures before you export them as a .pac file? or do you just have to load up homebrew each time you want to see the texture.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
couple questions:

1. How do you know which region you're in?
2. Do you actually put code manager on your SD card and do the .gct stuff?

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Since there are no custom portraits in the PAL Version I ripped the common5.pac from my Brawl disc but stil doesn´t work lol
Only portaits after the fight.

Could it be a problem of the code?
You must use File Replacement 1.3 (with disabled custom stage, dynamic sd loader and sd codes) since File replacement 2.1 doesn't work with CSPs.

Also, I can't find the common5pal.pac, I'd appreciate it if you sent me that file. Maybe I can make it to work.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
You must use File Replacement 1.3 (with disabled custom stage, dynamic sd loader and sd codes) since File replacement 2.1 doesn't work with CSPs.

Also, I can't find the common5pal.pac, I'd appreciate it if you sent me that file. Maybe I can make it to work.
File replacement 2.1 does work with CSPs. I'm using 2.1 and it's working fine.
Also, when using PAL you need "sc_selcharacter_en.pac" for the CSPs for some reason, not "common5_en.pac".
I made some of my CSPs myself so I can confirm it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom