• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I NEED HELP WITH THIS STEP

3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).

I don't know how to do this
never mind guys, my friend IRL can help me.

Slashy

Smash Lord
it Could Just Be My Sd Card....

If It Helps, I'm Using The 7/10 Nightly Build, Using The Snapshot Loader (with The File Patch Codes In The Snapshot Loader)

Maybe I'll Double Check Without The Nightly Build Turned On

Has Anyone Else Had Troubles Using Music With The Nightly Build?
No, Do Not Put The File Patch Code In The Snapshot.

It Must Be Loaded From The Gct.

Revven

FrankerZ
By replacing the English version of .brsar with the Japanese one? Does it work with the File Replacement Code?
Ummm no you can't because that one only works for textures, the Patch works with music and textures, only thing I am not sure about is the .brsar. File Patch is essentially an upgrade from File Replacement... we just don't know if it can do .brsar yet. Feel free to try it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
What is the snapshot loader I keep hearing about? I just run brawl+ and everything on my SD card with code manager and a gct. file? Is that wrong or something?

Revven

FrankerZ
No Alphatron, snapshots are just an alternative method to loading codes, such as if you're using the USB Loader or loading Brawl from a burned disc. You're fine.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Guys, I have a small question. What if the texture hacks are RAR files? I've found some really good ones, but I can't use them because they aren't PCS files...

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Falco400 said:
b. If you have v 1.3, you can just go ahead and press start once you've selected your color. MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DISABLE CUSTOM STAGES V 1.1 WITH THIS CODE! OTHERWISE, IT WILL NOT WORK RIGHT!
My textures aren't working and I think it's because I don't have this code where can I download it and where does it need to be saved?

Also Mic said there was a program that lets you make a .pac file from the .pcs file in the case where its needed but not suppplied with the texture download. Does anyone know where this can be found?

Slashy

Smash Lord

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
ok, i'm on the verge of giving up :(

i still am not sure whether my SD card or my file converting ability is the problem, so could someone else test out my converted file for me? if it's the file that's the problem, could someone else also make a better one with the mp3 that i provided?

thanks in advance

MP3
Converted File

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Ok, I got a big problem. I tried getting online with my friend, but when I did, I got a disc read error. Then I got rid of all the hacks and I still got the same error. So I thought that maybe it's my Wii or Brawl disc. But it played City Folk perfectly fine and the ONLY time I got the error in Brawl was when I try to get online with my friend. And this never happened before until AFTER I tried the music hack. Does this hack have some sort of lasting effect on your disc or system or something!?

Revven

FrankerZ
No PK, it doesn't, your Wii has been having problems since you've dropped it a **** ton. Likely, it will soon stop reading AC:CF too. Brawl is a dual layered disc and thus, is special, so the Wii has a HARD *** time reading it, hence why AC:CF didn't get a disc read error but, SSBB did. Trust me, SSBB was the only game for me as well until suddenly, MKW started to not work either.

Get your Wii fixed already.

Also, PW fixed freezing (hopefully) with a new code, v3.4, it is in the OP. I recommend people update ASAP. Here's what he had to say:

Phantom Wings said:
But in any case, I've posted the File Patch Code v3.4 in the code thread. Contrary to my initial prediction, it's actually shorter than v3.2. I'm pretty sure this one will quell all of the most prominent bugs that are being reported out there.

I made sure to give it a test run by blasting through all the characters in the CSS four at a time simultaneously, (each had a texture) then selecting two PT's, Samus, and Zelda, (holding R on Samus for good measure) and then selecting FD which has a texture and custom music track on. (all while there was a custom music track playing in the CSS) I also ran a test in training which involved spamming v-B with Zelda while holding a Smashball (textured FS) and having a custom music track playing. Both tests did not yield any freezes so I guess only time will tell the rest.

The only thing left to fix now is the SD security system that the Wii seems to employ.
So if you still experience bugs, it is still in your best interest to report them (if they are new).

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
MILK dropped it, not me! :(

Anyway, I just thought maybe the code might have something to do with it sense other people said it didn't work when going online. I dunno if it said disc read error on their screen or not, but yeah, my Wii's messed up. :urg:

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Yea, just give it some time. They usually follow suit shortly after the NTSC version.
Nice then, though there are some interesting codes unported. Anyway, I understand that it's voluntary work and there aren't too many coders... so yeah, just keep porting to PAL!

Revven

FrankerZ
The issue with porting it to PAL is that the NTSC-U version usually goes through a lot of versions until it is bug free, so porting any version to PAL while the bugs are still there is fruitless. So, porting v3.4 without multiple people testing it out and then actually finding out there are bugs, would mean the time used to port 3.4 would have been wasted.

So, likely, a PAL version will come once this is deemed complete (as in, no bugs and/or is the last version PW plans to put out).

WolfBiker

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to use other codes with the file patch code? I know there is room for it but when I put other codes in the game doesn't load.

Revven

FrankerZ
Theoretically it should be fine, but that may be a bug currently. Use 2.1a or ISO loading.
Is it possible to use other codes with the file patch code? I know there is room for it but when I put other codes in the game doesn't load.
Yes it is possible, I just tried it just now with Longer Replays and the File Patch code, no black screen and my textures appeared to work (the CSPs showed up). Likely, you messed up on creating your GCT.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it is. I have been just playing B+ with File Patch 3.4 and Snapshot codes and it works flawlessly.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
My wii freezes whenever I try this code when using the custom music title files (info_en.pac and mu_menumain_en.pac. If I try it without the _en, it freezes. If I try it with the _en, nothing is changed)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Eh, on 3.2 I ran brawl+ and used custom music and textures just fine.

My game would freeze whenever Captain Falcon used his FS. After the car hit the enemy and they were sent flying, it always froze right at the part where the cinematic would end. I'll test this with 3.5 when it gets added to the B+ gct.

Also, my friend says that running music through the in game Sound Test causes it to ignore your files. He said the game would just play its own music, but sped up.

@ above post: Custom music title files? o_O Why aren't they brstm?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Eh, on 3.2 I ran brawl+ and used custom music and textures just fine.

My game would freeze whenever Captain Falcon used his FS. After the car hit the enemy and they were sent flying, it always froze right at the part where the cinematic would end. I'll test this with 3.5 when it gets added to the B+ gct.

Also, my friend says that running music through the in game Sound Test causes it to ignore your files. He said the game would just play its own music, but sped up.

@ above post: Custom music title files? o_O Why aren't they brstm?
Because .brstm are music files....... Not text files....

And go to ISO hacking please.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I misread. Thought he meant title screen music.

And ISO hacking is pretty much unavailable for me anyway.
Not really for anyone. DVD Dumper, Dump 1 Layered Brawl disc (you already have Homebrew, cIOS249 is safe to install I believe even on LU64), and its easy. Burn a 1 layered disc and you get everything but VC games and Subspace.

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
Hey, when I try and run (let's say, Metroid trainer) through Lz77ex instead of making it a PAC file, it's an out file. How can I fix this? ><

Also, for some reason my Squirtle textures don't show up in the game even though Ivysaur and Charizard work fine! The file name is pokezenigami, did I name it wrong or something?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Hey, when I try and run (let's say, Metroid trainer) through Lz77ex instead of making it a PAC file, it's an out file. How can I fix this? ><

Also, for some reason my Squirtle textures don't show up in the game even though Ivysaur and Charizard work fine! The file name is pokezenigami, did I name it wrong or something?
Isn't it zenigame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom