• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm just guessing there are just certain variables that cause freezing but aren't occuring for most of us because we don't use said variables. I'll try random later and see if I get any freezes.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hmmm, when I set the hertz to 32000, my songs become slower too... I know some of you said that hertz has nothing to do with song rate. So to show what i did, i took screen caps of what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

1- Left speaker, unedited length of song = 4:00 ; 2- changed to mono ; 3 -setting the hertz ; 4-hertz @ 32000 ; 5- the song then becomes slower and elongates to 5:30

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/01MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/02MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/03MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/04MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/05MusicHack.jpg
Yeah. Goldwave seems to make the song slower itself whenever I change the Hx to 32000. Not sure why this is happening, but how can I fix it?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've got a quick question regarding music changing: I was playing on Yoshi's Island (not pipes) and it only played the custom music part of the time, and the rest of the time it played the normal song, it changed when the stage changed seasons, how do you fix this?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
FFFFFFFFFF-

Ignore my previous post. I was changing the Hz under Playback Rate, not resample. My bad. >___<

Revven

FrankerZ
I've got a quick question regarding music changing: I was playing on Yoshi's Island (not pipes) and it only played the custom music part of the time, and the rest of the time it played the normal song, it changed when the stage changed seasons, how do you fix this?
As far as I know, it only seems to happen with Obstacle Course. It happens on my ISO as well (and it's been happening a lot more often now too). I don't think there's a way to fix this, as if it happens with the ISO too then it's probably something odd about the song. It never happens with the other songs on this stage so I don't know what to say.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
4 gold wave you know there are two hz buttons
click the one that says
resample Hz
the other one will cause your song to play slower

and i have a small issue, my editedsongs folder is not a folder when it is completed, its a normal file that i cant open =/
suggestions would be great

Alphatron

Smash Champion
As far as I know, it only seems to happen with Obstacle Course. It happens on my ISO as well (and it's been happening a lot more often now too). I don't think there's a way to fix this, as if it happens with the ISO too then it's probably something odd about the song. It never happens with the other songs on this stage so I don't know what to say.
That probably happens because you're trying to replace one of the two good songs on that stage. :p

But which obstacle course song though?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
FFFFFFFFFF-

Ignore my previous post. I was changing the Hz under Playback Rate, not resample. My bad. >___<
Haha, I did the exact same thing! Well, I tested the songs out with the new hz, but it still gets static-y. Someone else told me to lower the volume when saving the left and right components, so I'll try that. The music doesn't even play that loudly on the stage, so i wouldn't think it's too loud... Well, I'll just change the music-sound fx ratio in the wii menu i guess.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
It's the very first song on the list for Yoshi's Island Brawl.
So the other one should work fine when replaced at least.

Also, I have another question. When doing songs in stereo, at the point where you save the left and right channels as different files, do you save those respective files as mono, or as stereo?

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
So I have the File Replacement code on and have some music on my SD card. When I go into My Music and look at the tracks for Mushroomy Kingdom, the game freezes when I try to scroll down past the four songs already on screen. Moreover, when I play in Mushroomy Kingdom (in the underground level), sometimes the music doesn't load. None of the songs I have on my SD card are intended to replace anything on Mushroomy Kingdom.

The only other codes I have on are those for Balanced Brawl and a custom character select screen, and they worked perfectly before the File Replacement code. And I am using 3.2b, or whatever the latest version is.

Can someone help me out?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Check the brstms. They are corrupt if they froze at the My Music screen.
Or, you may have mislabeled them, hence them being in the wrong place.

In other news, the other obstacle course song has it's own ID. Replace that song with whatever song you wish. I THINK it's E03.

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
All of the music that I put on my SD card play fine in their intended stage. I just checked again, and none of the songs on my card should be playing in Mushroomy Kingdom. Here are the IDs I'm using: A14 (Delfino Plaza), C05 (Bridge of Eldin), D02 (Norfair), F09 (Halberd), H02, H03, H05 (all Pokemon Stadium 2), H07 (Spear Pillar), I06 (Port Town), R10 (Pictochat), S07 (whatever Snake's stage is called), and U11 (Green Hill Zone). None of those should have anything to do with Mushroomy Kingdom.

I got my files from 112's topic here, if it makes a difference.

And yeah, the second Obstacle Course song is E03.

Edit: It's doing the same thing when I try to enter Battlefield's My Music. And in the interest of being specific, these are the music files I'm using from that topic:
Persona 4 - The Almighty
Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage [20th Anniversary Rock Edition]
Kirby 64: Crystal Shards - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy X - Enemy Attack (Boss Battle)
Pokemon Gold/Silver - Championship Theme (Remix by AMTRAX91)
Chrono Cross - Brink of Death [by Vyse] (loops better)
Pokemon Colosseum - Vs. Miror B [by Vyse] (loops better)
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show [by lensho] (loops better)
No More Heroes - N.M.H.
Pokemon Battle Revolution - Lagoon Colosseum

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Apparently it starts to overload for me when it loads character/stage textures for both players + custom music.

Sooo... with this... I might just go back to replacing the iso :|

EDIT: Also, does this work on wifi for anyone here? Cause it froze for me during wifi but not locally.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Since no one can tell me how to loop a song, and since I can't seem to have the patience for this any longer, does anyone have a list of .bstms that I can download besides Stacksmash and Elite Smash Hackers?

Revven

FrankerZ
All of the music that I put on my SD card play fine in their intended stage. I just checked again, and none of the songs on my card should be playing in Mushroomy Kingdom. Here are the IDs I'm using: A14 (Delfino Plaza), C05 (Bridge of Eldin), D02 (Norfair), F09 (Halberd), H02, H03, H05 (all Pokemon Stadium 2), H07 (Spear Pillar), I06 (Port Town), R10 (Pictochat), S07 (whatever Snake's stage is called), and U11 (Green Hill Zone). None of those should have anything to do with Mushroomy Kingdom.

I got my files from 112's topic here, if it makes a difference.

And yeah, the second Obstacle Course song is E03.

Edit: It's doing the same thing when I try to enter Battlefield's My Music. And in the interest of being specific, these are the music files I'm using from that topic:
Persona 4 - The Almighty
Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily Stage [20th Anniversary Rock Edition]
Kirby 64: Crystal Shards - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy X - Enemy Attack (Boss Battle)
Pokemon Gold/Silver - Championship Theme (Remix by AMTRAX91)
Chrono Cross - Brink of Death [by Vyse] (loops better)
Pokemon Colosseum - Vs. Miror B [by Vyse] (loops better)
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show [by lensho] (loops better)
No More Heroes - N.M.H.
Pokemon Battle Revolution - Lagoon Colosseum
The problem sounds to me like your My Music pages are screwed up. Use the My Music Reset codes for BF and MK1-1/1-2 to alleviate this problem (ASSUMING it is the correct solution, tbh, I am just guessing).

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I whent to private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter and made a luigi (not capitalized) folder and put in a Cosmic Luigi texture, but it didn't work, so I changed the name to FitLuigi00.pcs, and it still doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm just having slight trouble with making stereo files, but the code works fine for me. Haven't used random or smash balls yet though, or wifi.

But wifi really doesn't work?

amount18

Smash Cadet
Does the texture hack work when not all of the characters are playable? My game must be scratched as TL and wario don't work. I can't seem to get the textures to work for the other characters and I was wondering if this could possibly have to do w/ the broken characters. I made files and gct as listed.

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
Would anyone happen to have a list of the numbers for the csp's? I bookmarked what I believe was a thread on allisbrawl a few months ago that contained such a list. However, I recently checked it, and it's a dead link. I asked this question over there too, but no one's answered.

Explodo

Smash Rookie
Can someone please tell me how to loop a song? Oh, and the link doesn't seem to be working for me for the Androu1 tool thing.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
i can say from testing and personal experience online,

the music and textrures work online

and i used someone else's tool and it works perfectly lol

now all i need to do is figure out how to loop it lol

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
My game freezes when I host or join a game online (as soon as I pick my character).... I have deleted all my character in game battle portraits and all my custom tracks stream fine in My Music.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, the new file replacement code freezes my game whenever it tries to load a texture. I have them in a way that worked for the Brawl+ GCT as of 2 GCTs ago (the one before 6/26/09) and have no songs on my SD card.

Odd.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I decided to switch one of my menu themes (X03, Menu 2 I believe) and the minute that it was supposed to play, my Wii froze, is that normal? Also, my .brstm file is 0 bytes : /

Revven

FrankerZ
Hmm, I decided to switch one of my menu themes (X03, Menu 2 I believe) and the minute that it was supposed to play, my Wii froze, is that normal?
The .brstm might be corrupt, remake it and try it again, if it freezes again I suggest resetting your My Music Menu page with the My Music Reset code for the Menu.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
The .brstm might be corrupt, remake it and try it again, if it freezes again I suggest resetting your My Music Menu page with the My Music Reset code for the Menu.
Oh wait, I don't have the original .bstm of what I want to change >.< dang, should have caught this. Now, I have to find the original, and I do not know where to go so I can find the
X03 brstm.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I whent to private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter and made a luigi (not capitalized) folder and put in a Cosmic Luigi texture, but it didn't work, so I changed the name to FitLuigi00.pcs, and it still doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?
^^ Anyone know? When I got GeckoOS from a friend, it already had all the Brawl+ hacks on it, as well as a few textures, i.e. demonic/tree hugger/volcano Falco, Blue Olimar, Shanic the Hedgehog, and Gold Sonic, so this proves that textures do work on my Wii.

So, after you read the quote, what am I doing wrong?

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I whent to practice mode and picked Luigi default, and he was default, not cosmic.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Try getting the .pac, if you loaded the game immediately, it sometimes does a .pac load. .pac load is for single player and fast loading, .pcs is for slow loading. IE, try using lz77ex to get the .pac and try it.
What is that? Also, the textures that came with it are .pcs, and they work.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Would that explain why one of my Sheik textures and one of my Zelda textures only show up after I've transformed first? I have both the pac. and pcs. files though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom