• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Popertop

Smash Champion
No!
Bad Cy! Bad!
No!

We'll Talk It Over With Noah And Brent First!
No!

And cool you can chew food lol.
I remember Jello is too good those first few days.

CY

Smash Ace
No!
Bad Cy! Bad!
No!

We'll Talk It Over With Noah And Brent First!
No!

And cool you can chew food lol.
I remember Jello is too good those first few days.
easy easy, i know brent and noah will accept. crew battles are so fun, even if it's against amazingly hard players(not in this case).

santi and dojo.... who else? cake? nah **** him.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
heres A New Idea I Have Been Thinking About.

There Are States That Have And Do Want To Ban Meta But They Are Afraid It Will Hurt Thier Oos Exp. While I Agree With This I Also Find It Truly Messed Up That A Broken Character(dont Argue, He Is) Is Still Legal Even Though There Are A Billion Things To Merit A Ban.

So!

Here Are 3 Options. Pease Choose The One That You Think Will Make You Have Fun, Make The Others Around You Have Fun, And Promote A Good Tournament Atmosphere.

Option 1.

We Ban Metaknight. No Questions Asked. We Get Rid Of A Character That Truly Is Broken. How Many Times Have You Beat Some Ones Main But Then They Switch To Meta Just So They Can Beat You? How Many Metaknights Did You See At Hobo11? Remember?

Option 2.

We Leave Metaknight Alone.

Option 3.

Ban Metaknight For Tourney Play But We All Agree To 2nd Or 3rd Metaknight In Friendlies. This Will Allow For A Good Time At A Tournament But Also Will Keep Us Sharp On Metas For When We Travel Oos.
i Super Agree With Zeth I Will Go With Option 4 Period And End Of The Story

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you want to ban metaknight, I either suggest doing what Sethlon said or Banning him in singles but allowing him in teams(but no double MK since it's impossible to avoid a 1v1 situation in that scenario with MK).

So if you go with option 1, leave him unbanned in teams. GW and Snake are both better characters in teams then MK. Double MK is a little broken though since if it comes down to 1v1 there will always be a MK. Other then that MK is fine in teams.

That gives us MK practice while keeping the format the same at the tournaments.

Honestly, MK isn't broken enough to warrent a ban on his own. He is beatable. You just need to improve. My reason for him being banned though was that the game would be very balanced without him since he doesn't have bad match-ups. I don't think he's unbeatable though, so I am neutral on the subject.

Seriously though, don't ban MK in teams >_>.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Dojo, Santi, Cake, and Dbar would be our crew. You won't even get to the rest of them. ;)

If you want to ban metaknight, I either suggest doing what Sethlon said or Banning him in singles but allowing him in teams(but no double MK since it's impossible to avoid a 1v1 situation in that scenario with MK).

So if you go with option 1, leave him unbanned in teams. GW and Snake are both better characters in teams then MK. Double MK is a little broken though since if it comes down to 1v1 there will always be a MK. Other then that MK is fine in teams.

Honestly, MK isn't broken enough to warrent a ban on his own. He is beatable. You just need to improve. My reason for him being banned though was that the game would be very balanced without him since he doesn't have bad match-ups. I don't think he's unbeatable though, so I am neutral on the subject.

Broken Arrow will live? <3

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i think yall should leave him alone. yes he is ****ed up but get over it. play better and if u cant go cry about it.

btw is anyone that stay in the sugar land area goin to drink station today?
you dont play brawl so you wouldnt know what meta can do.

Why not option 4; alternate? If we really want him banned, switch off...next hobo allow him, hobo after that hes banned, allow him at the next, etc. That way the meta mains get to use their chars, and the people who despise metaknight can still get their tournies without him.
I gave 3 options. there are only 3. its all or nothing.

i think texas needs to either ban or unban him..not both since most states will follow our example. Once we ban him other states will definitely follow. Everyone will be like Texas banned mk we should too and eventually hes banned throughout the nation whether sbr wants it or not.
kown truly is amazing. we need to set an example or jump on the bandwagon with others.

for now I'd go option 2 or MAYBE 4

That's because each time I go out of state I'll be out of metaknight practice. :(
there isnt an opton 4.

and if u read option 3 you would know u will get plenty of meta exp.

Xyro, i like your option 3. We need to make a list of states that will keep MK banned.
sinz, contact me when you have time and we can talk about this.

The SBR hasn't failed anyone, you're blowing things out of proportion and it's starting to seem like you have a gift for that.

Option 2, just like it should be. If I want to be able to play a character I should be able to; although I can understand why people would vote option 4.
yet again, there is no option 4. I do not blow things out of porportion, i bring subjects to the table and tell them like they are. You just fail to see the problem....mostly cause you main metaknight.

you mustalso realize that then some people will say "oh looky, Metaknight's banned in this tournament, I just won't show up" or "What do you know, Metaknight players are taking over this tournament, screw it!"
jimbo. very smart. your the ONLY one who caught this. thanks

option 1/2/3 are the choices. and no matter what happens. i will allow him for teams.

Dojo

Smash Champion
What happened to it being "Mk is banned this ONE time."

I don't understand why you're so strict upon this anyways. The only MK's in Texas that do exceptionally well are D4ba, Infinity, and I. I can't even think of who plays a strong MK much less MK at all in Houston... We do have Stiltz and he hasn't attended a tourney since Hobo 11 and didn't do so hot.

Xyro77

Iji, i read your post and i understand.

Heres the thing about Houston/tx. People will go to events if good people are there. San angelo traveled even when there best player(dojo) couldnt use meta.

I wouldnt worry about numbers or whatever.

and to everybody who wanted option 4(that doesnt exist) plz change your vote to 1 or 2 or 3 or be left out.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
*pats back* there, there, we still love you...

I don't understand why you're so strict upon this anyways.
Okay I'm not trying to suck up to Xyro cause I'm his friend and all, but he's strict because sometimes you need to be able to put your foot down in situations like this. Notice he seems to be one of the best at running tournaments (people have actually asked him to help them run it), and that is mostly because he's not gonna let people throw him around.

Say Xyro gives into an option 4, well then someone else can go and make up an option 5, 6, and 7, and soon it will totaly be out of proportion. You can't have that happen if you're going to run things. If you let people walk all over you, you might as well change the prices of what it costs to participate and how much you give the venues.

What I'm trying to say is that he's not being strict to be a douche, he does it so there can be a sense of order going around. HOBO's deal with 100+ people, and you can't have them running around like monkeys.

Yeah...

Xyro77

What happened to it being "Mk is banned this ONE time."

I don't understand why you're so strict upon this anyways. The only MK's in Texas that do exceptionally well are D4ba, Infinity, and I. I can't even think of who plays a strong MK much less MK at all in Houston... We do have Stiltz and he hasn't attended a tourney since Hobo 11 and didn't do so hot.
i have beaten all of your characters except for metaknight.

i have beaten d4ba falco but not meta.

ive beaten stiltz olimar but not meta.

i have beaten roys marth but not his meta.

MORAL: do i really have to tell you?

its not about TX or houston. its about getting rid of a character that clearly has too much: power/speed/priority/recovery options/good match ups/broken techs(tornado)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
and to everybody who wanted option 4(that doesnt exist) plz change your vote to 1 or 2 or 3 or be left out.
You confuse me. Why pretend that that option doesn't exist when nearly all of the people who posted their opinion agree that it would be the best course of action?

CY

Smash Ace
You confuse me. Why pretend that that option doesn't exist when nearly all of the people who posted their opinion agree that it would be the best course of action?
yes, i think you should expand your options allan and allow option four. it is the community you are trying to please, right? ^_^

Xyro77

because its a hassle to switch back and forth.

because it still doesnt fix the meta problem.

Dojo

Smash Champion
You beat my Falcon. XD

But seriously you did beat a few of my characters. That was at a time where I played strictly MK and should have no relevance to that argument. Its like you playing a character you've played on a small occasion against my MAIN. Eh?

I understand MK gives you trouble. But you're trying to beat the best character in the game with a low tier. It won't happen. I understand he is the best character in the game. Easy. But he can be beaten. Roy has done it. Stiltz has done it. Santi's done it. Thien's done it. Leemartin ***** me...

And these are the TOP MK's that they've done it against. I'm not saying the SBR is always right, but this is one of the most controversial issues they've worked with and have all put in work and thought into it and they've come with a more antiban outcome even after a test.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because TGM is a dictator of the houston smash scene :). Tyrants don't let you make more options XD.

Also, good to hear he won't be banned in teams. I honestly don't care what you guys do since I'm neutral.

I'll vote option 2 because I travel OOS a lot and want good practice.

CY

Smash Ace
Because TGM is a dictator of the houston smash scene :). Tyrants don't let you make more options XD.

Also, good to hear he won't be banned in teams. I honestly don't care what you guys do since I'm neutral.

I'll vote option 2 because I travel OOS a lot and want good practice.
in soviet russia, cars drive you.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If we were to ban metaknight period, it would CREATE a problem. Not only in alienating the MK players, but it would seriously dwindle our practice against him. Everyone picking up meta as a secondary for friendlies is NOT going to be as good as an MK in their prime like Dojo or Infinity.

And how would it be a hassle? Its simple as saying "This tournament he's banned." And then "This tournament he's not banned." Typing out like a single sentence is all it would take.

Option 4 would be the best solution because it caters to both sides of the argument.

Sethlon for prez

Xyro77

You beat my Falcon. XD

But seriously you did beat a few of my characters. That was at a time where I played strictly MK and should have no relevance to that argument. Its like you playing a character you've played on a small occasion against my MAIN. Eh?

I understand MK gives you trouble. But you're trying to beat the best character in the game with a low tier. It won't happen. I understand he is the best character in the game. Easy. But he can be beaten. Roy has done it. Stiltz has done it. Santi's done it. Thien's done it. Leemartin ***** me...

And these are the TOP MK's that they've done it against. I'm not saying the SBR is always right, but this is one of the most controversial issues they've worked with and have all put in work and thought into it and they've come with a more antiban outcome even after a test.
im not looking for a win. im looking for whats fair.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
Umm guys? I know I'm gonna sound like a huge douche and all, but if you have forgotten, the HOBO's are Allan's tournaments. Can we please let Allan make the decision and let Allan give us the choices for HIS tournament? You really don't have to attend... Sorry for being a jerk.

CY

Smash Ace
Umm guys? I know I'm gonna sound like a huge douche and all, but if you have forgotten, the HOBO's are Allan's tournaments. Can we please let Allan make the decision and let Allan give us the choices for HIS tournament? You really don't have to attend... Sorry for being a jerk.
jimbooooooooo why are you such a jerk? from murdering harmless ducks on the street corner to ruining the entire Houston scene. you animal, you.

Xyro77

banning a char is a big deal. we need to talk this out.

it seems people like losing to unfair things.

-Ran

Smash Master
I think it could be agreed by everyone [even an out of region guy like me. Interloping ftl] that the worst thing that could happen is splitting your player base. If Xyro77 plays the 'ZOMG MY TOURNAMENT, MY RULES' card, then another tournament host will spring up. Now suddenly your city is split.

CY

Smash Ace
i Think It Could Be Agreed By Everyone [even An Out Of Region Guy Like Me. Interloping Ftl] That The Worst Thing That Could Happen Is Splitting Your Player Base. If Xyro77 Plays The 'zomg My Tournament, My Rules' Card, Then Another Tournament Host Will Spring Up. Now Suddenly Your City Is Split.
in soviet russia, smash plays you.

Xyro77

I think it could be agreed by everyone [even an out of region guy like me. Interloping ftl] that the worst thing that could happen is splitting your player base. If Xyro77 plays the 'ZOMG MY TOURNAMENT, MY RULES' card, then another tournament host will spring up. Now suddenly your city is split.
the city wont split. id allow meta rather than let that happen

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
You know, one of these days we're going to look back upon this and laugh. Remember, there was a time when America had to make a big decision about whether we should ban slavery or not. Now thanks to the fickle finger of fate, we're at an impass once again. See where this is going anybody?

I vote option 3.

Mostly because of what Kown said. If other states decide to join us and ban Metaknight, sweet! But if Texas is overpowered and later in the future we have not choice but to unban him (seeing as option 3 plays out), then we wouldn't have to do as much catching up as we would if we completly ban him.

I understand leaving MK alone because others love him, but look at Japan.

Besides, no offence guys, but I'd like to see somebody do better than TGM. He's able to host 12 mindblowing (except 11, boo!) tournaments with 50+ people attending (some breaking 100), and since he's strict, he's able to keep order among the people. Honestly, I trust TGM more than CY. But that's cause he's a meanie.

Top Bottom