• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
because its a hassle to switch back and forth.

because it still doesnt fix the meta problem.
It's a hassle to update a thread title once a month? Johns.

im not looking for a win. im looking for whats fair.
Fair to everyone or fair to you? It's certainly unfair for me to have put close to a years worth of work into a character only to have someone who wants to whine about him remove him from gameplay. Your character has an awful matchup against him. Deal with it.

banning a char is a big deal. we need to talk this out.

it seems people like losing to unfair things.
You're absolutely right, banning a character is a big deal. In fact, it's such a big deal that's been voted on TWICE by the major Smash players and on BOTH OCCASIONS it has been shut down. We do NOT need to talk this out because the deicision WAS ALREADY MADE and you're just pissed that they didn't agree with you on it.

I thought you were an alright guy, but you're doing a fantastic job of ruining my opinion of you. I've even defended you on a few occasions when people talk to me about you, but I'm starting to rethink that because of your obsessive whining about losing to a character. Metaknight is and should remain legal to be fair to everyone and shouldn't be banned just because YOU think he is unfair.

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
I thought you were an alright guy, but you're doing a fantastic job of ruining my opinion of you. I've even defended you on a few occasions when people talk to me about you, but I'm starting to rethink that because of your obsessive whining about losing to a character. Metaknight is and should remain legal to be fair to everyone and shouldn't be banned just because YOU think he is unfair.

Umm dude, that's why he made this into a debate, so others could decide. It's obvious what his choice is if it were up to him, but notice he gave us three choices to let us decide. Remember, everybody has a right to an opinion. Besides, I honestly believe it to be a horrible thing to do to make an opinion about a human being based off of the fact he believes Meta's broken and he wants him out.

Besides, he's not whining that much, he's just saying he doesn't want Metaknight. If everybody chooses to leave him alone, he'll leave him alone. Please calm down.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
in my opinion, option 3 is probably the worst. i forgot who said it earlier, but practicing against someone's secondary metaknight in friendlies is in no way equivalent to playing one in a tournament. people put much more efforts into their mains.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's a hassle to update a thread title once a month? Johns.
a hassle none the less. and thats not what i meant in the first place. i meant its stupid running a different event every other month. it shouldnt be like that. ban him or dont....its simple.

Fair to everyone or fair to you? It's certainly unfair for me to have put close to a years worth of work into a character only to have someone who wants to whine about him remove him from gameplay. Your character has an awful matchup against him. Deal with it.
again you people dont get it.

its not UNFAIR to me. its unfair to every character in the game and every person in the game who loses to a character that DOESNT HAVE A BAD MATCH-UP. And just so you know. there are match-ups in this game that are impossible....assuming both players arnt too far aprt in skill.

You're absolutely right, banning a character is a big deal. In fact, it's such a big deal that's been voted on TWICE by the major Smash players and on BOTH OCCASIONS it has been shut down. We do NOT need to talk this out because the deicision WAS ALREADY MADE and you're just pissed that they didn't agree with you on it.
you mean the SBR said no to the ban? yea i know. they are afraid to do the right thing. its been common since melee. im not pissed they dont agree with me. never have been. i just do what i want.

I am an alright guy and 90% of people can agree to that. And i do thank you for defending me on whatever was said about me. thats good to know people still do that in 2008. Im not whining, im simply pointing out that meta is broken. its your CHOICE to think im complaining. Things i have pointed out ar enot opinion...they are fact.

Unlike dallas or the rest of texas, i tend to be fair with my events. If i see people getting beat with a persons 2ndary(meta) but win against thier main....i ge upset. its further proof th character is messed up.

Oh and i could say all sorts of things about you and change my opinion of you and do all that stupid stuff, but i wont. im not against you. just the character you use.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is Planking or edgecamping banned? For HOBOs? I think it would be a good way to show what stages should be removed from the CP list. I would like to use that as a demonstrating tool in tourney play, but obviously not if I would lose the match on that basis.

And yes, my question is serious, not a joke.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
As far as xyro banning meta because he cant beat meta thats untrue.

Out of 11 hobos (looking at brackets) Xyro has lost to meta 5-7 times out of 22 losses all to players like d4ba, stiltz, dojo ect. legitimately good players that could beat xyro with or without meta (given enough practice and time to get a new main)

The ban will seem harsh at first but it would vent out the good players from the players that are only good with meta

Im not for or against the ban atm, i have arguments going both ways

Also is it a smash fashion to riducule a smashers credibility or your opinion of them? just call the guy a ***got.

<3

Popertop

Smash Champion
Is Planking or edgecamping banned? For HOBOs? I think it would be a good way to show what stages should be removed from the CP list. I would like to use that as a demonstrating tool in tourney play, but obviously not if I would lose the match on that basis.

And yes, my question is serious, not a joke.
this.

Corneria Fin camp and Norfair SIX LEDGE CAMP.
Also, Luigi's Mansion.

Also, @ Furbs: It's a stone Luigi! You didn't make it!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You say that Dallas' events are poorly run, but you've never even been to one dude. The only people I can think of that have been to any Brawl events in Dallas are Hylian and DMK. The San Angelo guys have been to a couple of Smashfests before major tournaments, but haven't been to any of the events IIRC. Our events are actually very well run and I've never had a single complaint about them. KirbyKid runs a very good biweekly tournament, it'd be awesome if some of you guys would come up to one of them once since Dallas has made multiple trips to out of town tournaments. Except for Hylian because every time he shows up there are only like 12 people.

You're saying Metaknight has no bad matchups, which says to me that you're on the bandwagon and looks a lot like a complaint to me. Metaknight has flaws just like every other character, but I honestly feel like if I tried to point them out to you then you would likely just not listen to them. I actually hate debating on the internet, so next time we're at the same location I'd be glad to debate about the character and even suggest things to you in your gameplay to beat him out. You've got my vote; I'm done with this conversation for now.

@ Stiltz - Did you quit or something dude? Where you been?! >.<"

Edit - **** this thread moves fast o.O

JIMBOOOO

Smash Cadet
thanks infinity, next time please don't attack other users over their opinions. It's not cool man.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
As far as xyro banning meta because he cant beat meta thats untrue.

Out of 11 hobos (looking at brackets) Xyro has lost to meta 5-7 times out of 22 losses all to players like d4ba, stiltz, dojo ect. legitimately good players that could beat xyro with or without meta (given enough practice and time to get a new main)

The ban will seem harsh at first but it would vent out the good players from the players that are only good with meta

Im not for or against the ban atm, i have arguments going both ways

Also is it a smash fashion to riducule a smashers credibility or your opinion of them? just call the guy a ***got.

<3
As much as Xyro has begged me, I've never used meta against him in tournament.

"The ban will seem harsh at first but it would vent out the good players from the players that are only good with meta"

QFT. I believe this is the number one reason to ban meta.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You say that Dallas' events are poorly run, but you've never even been to one dude. The only people I can think of that have been to any Brawl events in Dallas are Hylian and DMK. The San Angelo guys have been to a couple of Smashfests before major tournaments, but haven't been to any of the events IIRC. Our events are actually very well run and I've never had a single complaint about them. KirbyKid runs a very good biweekly tournament, it'd be awesome if some of you guys would come up to one of them once since Dallas has made multiple trips to out of town tournaments. Except for Hylian because every time he shows up there are only like 12 people.

You're saying Metaknight has no bad matchups, which says to me that you're on the bandwagon and looks a lot like a complaint to me. Metaknight has flaws just like every other character, but I honestly feel like if I tried to point them out to you then you would likely just not listen to them. I actually hate debating on the internet, so next time we're at the same location I'd be glad to debate about the character and even suggest things to you in your gameplay to beat him out. You've got my vote; I'm done with this conversation for now.

i wont debate something thats obviously broken.

However

Ill allow metaknight to stay for a bit longer. In fact, if u use a real character on me ill use samus...if u use meta, ill use meta.. I guess you people need to be beaten more to get the truth into your head. You people are obviously not smart enough to get it from seeing hobo 11 results.

case closed untill i bing it back up again.

kown

Smash Lord
if you were truly good with meta than it shouldnt be to hard to switch chars if your a meta main.
second: other states dont have a meta problem like we do. SO the chance of playing an OOS meta is less likely.
third: if we ban meta than we are setting an example for numerous states to go ahead and ban him also. Once one state takes the lead others will follow in a similiar fashion

EDIT...woops i didnt know xyro closed the debate

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
thanks infinity, next time please don't attack other users over their opinions. It's not cool man.
I'm not attacking anyone at all; I'm defending my character choice. I actually have a pretty decent level of respect for Xyro for being able to run tournaments like this. However, when he just blindly says something is "obviously broken" and a character "has no bad matchups" then I'm going to say something to try and change his mind, which clearly isn't going to be changed regardless of the proof I am perfectly willing to show him.

And I honestly don't care if you think I'm cool, lol.

I'm going back to my normal lurking now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Um, even though the majority of the backroom doesn't want MK banned, pretty much every single one of us agrees that he has no bad match-ups so lol. It's mainly lack of evidence for him being too broken to warent a ban. MK'd are still being beat all over the country, including M2K. Only Texas and NJ have metaknight dominating practically every event. California isn't worse according to thier tournament results. DSF just dominates there. There isn't enough support from actual results to ban MK nationwide.

My personal opinion is that the game would be better off in the future with MK banned based soly on the fact of match-ups. GW doesn't do well in tournaments almost anywhere anymore. You know why? It's because all the MK's. Since snake is the best character to pick against MK and GW's worst match-ups are Snake-Marth-Meta in that order GW is forced to play against a counter character more often then he should be only because of one character. So Metaknight is directly influencing the placings of many characters in this reguard. This wouldn't happen with other characters if he were banned because every single one of them has several counters or characters that do very well against them. You arn't going to see a million falco players just to deal with snake, because you can also pick characters like DDD,Rob,kirby,pikachu,diddy, and several other characters that do fine. Same with all the other characters. They don't directly effect tournament character variety like MK does.

With all that being said, it's being proven over and over again that MK is beatable. M2K just lost a tournament set to Ninjalink..again. Snakee's ZSS took M2K to the third match and two stocked him one. There are many examples of amazing MK players being beat. I don't think he is good enough to warrent a ban on his own.

So I am neutral on the subject. If you think the match-up thing is enough to ban him then you understand my view. If you think he shouldn't be banned because he is beatable then I understand yours.

I'm fine going to either MK banned or non-banned tournaments.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can't you all see that Meta just wants to be your friend?

Someone have smash this weekend. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, you can't really bring up Snakeee as an anecdote... M2K was clearly unsure of how that matchup was supposed to be played XD
How do you know that?

No johns :).

Smoom77

Smash Master
ARG! I have a region band concert that day! Can we have it like the 13th? xD Since I'm new, I think I deserve it. :p

Top Bottom