• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Smoom77

Smash Master
Axxo, is the AwL MoBO at 2:00 at your house? I'm pretty confident of coming.

But, how many people are usually there? :)

kown

Smash Lord
Hey kown I just want you to know before I started doing well in Brawl, Alan was telling me the same exact **** he's telling you now. I was just like you, except with a little experience in melee, which I was garbage at. Though, I was still good enough to own Baytown and everything east of it including Beaumont (GET AT ME BEAUMONT!). But now look at me..... I hate this game. Save yourself the trouble of placing well at a few tournies to end up inevitably hating the game. That's my $.02.
thnxs for acknowledging me. I wouldnt hate this game becuase i didnt play melee competitively..so i have nothing to compare it too. Therefore i dont know how i could hate the game.

Why do u hate the game?
I mean you are famous....

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey kown I just want you to know before I started doing well in Brawl, Alan was telling me the same exact **** he's telling you now. I was just like you, except with a little experience in melee, which I was garbage at.
see what i did? tell you your nothing but garbage and guess what? you became 100 times better than me now.

i truly am an enigma

PS: i want drink station battles today! who wants to meet me there?

PPS: get on the chat room guys!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey kown I just want you to know before I started doing well in Brawl, Alan was telling me the same exact **** he's telling you now. I was just like you, except with a little experience in melee, which I was garbage at. Though, I was still good enough to own Baytown and everything east of it including Beaumont (GET AT ME BEAUMONT!). But now look at me..... I hate this game. Save yourself the trouble of placing well at a few tournies to end up inevitably hating the game. That's my $.02.

Do you think you're cool?
So this means Stiltz has retired from Brawl?

It's feelings like his that make me see little future left for Brawl. It's lasted longer than I thought, culminating in HOBO 11. I doubt there will be a bigger tournament than that next year.

If anyone played Melee but sucked and ended up good in Brawl, it can become dissatisfying that the people who were good at Melee are still good at Brawl (M2k, DSF, Azen, etc). People will try to defend Brawl all day long, but it's a simpler game. There's no reason why people who played a more advanced game wouldn't still succeed at it.

I have to commend Stilz for deciding to give up because he has grown to hate the game (it seems).

Xyro77

So this means Stiltz has retired from Brawl?

It's feelings like his that make me see little future left for Brawl. It's lasted longer than I thought, culminating in HOBO 11. I doubt there will be a bigger tournament than that next year.

If anyone played Melee but sucked and ended up good in Brawl, it can become dissatisfying that the people who were good at Melee are still good at Brawl (M2k, DSF, Azen, etc). People will try to defend Brawl all day long, but it's a simpler game. There's no reason why people who played a more advanced game wouldn't still succeed at it.

I have to commend Stilz for deciding to give up because he has grown to hate the game (it seems).
brawl will still be the game of choice....with out without him.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
*Depressed* :(

I hate brawl too Stiltz :(...The game is stupid
Get an arcade stick and join me in playing games that leave you with a satisfied feeling while you play them and after you play them.

thnxs for acknowledging me. I wouldnt hate this game becuase i didnt play melee competitively..so i have nothing to compare it too. Therefore i dont know how i could hate the game.

Why do u hate the game?
I mean you are famous....
That's exactly it. I'm famous. I do it for the fame. I'm getting horrible at this game so I'm going to lose fame but now that I'm retiring I gain even more fame. King Mosquito is a perfect example. He never acknowledged me before, but I say I'm retiring and he says "WATZZUPPPPPP!!!!!?"

they sell drinks there...which are quite good...on a side note...im not depressed about Oh Snap anymore...my lady friend cheered me up :)...
: ( I thought I found a fellow enlightened one.

Xyro77

lol. brawl will never die. there are 5 times as many players in this era. in fact, most of the hard core melee states arnt getting a smuch melee as they used to. the ship is sinking

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Get an arcade stick and join me in playing games that leave you with a satisfied feeling while you play them and after you play them.

That's exactly it. I'm famous. I do it for the fame. I'm getting horrible at this game so I'm going to lose fame but now that I'm retiring I gain even more fame. King Mosquito is a perfect example. He never acknowledged me before, but I say I'm retiring and he says "WATZZUPPPPPP!!!!!?"

Well you've only been to one of my tournaments.... not like I've had much chance to talk to you.

But I lol'd at the retiring thing making you famous. It's true. Retiring will only make you more famous.

As for the whole sinking ship thing, whatever, I know it's true, but I don't really care. I'm with Stiltz. Play games that leave you satisfied while you're playing them and after you play them.

I think Brawl could be a sinking ship. That's just my opinion. Unless Hobo hits 100 people again.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
But Brawl Haz Sonic An Wifiz!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna try going all Metaknight at the Drink Station Brawl. If i truly end up doing better, then this game can suck my balls. I will probably go back to Melee (not like i was ever into it in the first place) until MK is banned. Or, i'll just main metaknight. Hmmmm.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
But Brawl Haz Sonic An Wifiz!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna try going all Metaknight at the Drink Station Brawl. If i truly end up doing better, then this game can suck my balls. I will probably go back to Melee (not like i was ever into it in the first place) until MK is banned. Or, i'll just main metaknight. Hmmmm.
I just wish Sonic didn't suck :(

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Well you've only been to one of my tournaments.... not like I've had much chance to talk to you.

But I lol'd at the retiring thing making you famous. It's true. Retiring will only make you more famous.

As for the whole sinking ship thing, whatever, I know it's true, but I don't really care. I'm with Stiltz. Play games that leave you satisfied while you're playing them and after you play them.

I think Brawl could be a sinking ship. That's just my opinion. Unless Hobo hits 100 people again.
Yea, I know. I was just jerking your chain.

Hell, Hobo could hit 30 people and it would still be considered a success compared to other fighting games.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
gar, you should goto more events.....poop face
haha. i don't think i can make drink station since its right in the middle of my finals week =(

i'll definitely try to make the next hobo though.

I'm around Katy, I'm 25 minutes away from you. Are you free today?

Online or irl?
hmm. i won't be free for awhile >_< at least not until school is over, lol

Gnes

Smash Master

Oh sir

dont get me wrong...i do dislike brawl very much...I was just really sad at what happened to me the day before Oh Snap...the only time i have fun is when im playin like Roy, Flip, Gea and a few others(u never play me so :mad:)...its so sad...im startin to play Street Fighter and Guilty Gear(so awesome!!!) Im gettin good at Soul caliber too :D...Brawl fails in comparison to these...most likely cuz its meant to be a noob vs noob game...

2 pages for my essay done punks...who wants to brawl tommorow?

Top Bottom