• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might IV IS STILL ON! [UPDATE] March 7th, Cleveland, Ohio

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
So if I can get my computer to stop being so gay on me and actually be able to download brawl+, we could feasibly have 3 setups for it? Maybe it could be a side tournament at later incarnation of this (because right now it's not finished, I think). As long as it doesn't replace melee :) Hopefully it wouldn't take that long because people who hadn't played wouldn't enter and would just play friendlies instead. Also, is the no-tripping code allowed for use in the standard brawl tournament?

elfen lied is amazing. that is all.
also, im going to circuit eventttt.
Elfen lied is amazing. Did you watch the anime or read the manga? I've seen the anime twice and read the entire manga once, and I definitely recommend the manga over the anime because it doesn't have a cliffhanger ending with tons of loose ends and has so much more plot, characters, etc. The point where the anime ends is roughly 1/3 of the way through the manga, iirc, but it had already skipped a ton of stuff.

i just remember the first episode being super weird

havent continued on
you should. The anime is only 14 episodes.... But then it forces you to read the manga because of the cliffhanger ending, bwahaha.

Revven

FrankerZ
So if I can get my computer to stop being so gay on me and actually be able to download brawl+, we could feasibly have 3 setups for it?
I told some of the B+ers that are in Ohio to try and come to this and bring B+ set ups (around three other players... there might be one more) so, in essence, we could have 6-7 setups for Brawl+ (which could also be used for regular Brawl too).

Maybe it could be a side tournament at later incarnation of this (because right now it's not finished, I think). As long as it doesn't replace melee :) Hopefully it wouldn't take that long because people who hadn't played wouldn't enter and would just play friendlies instead.
I'd LOVE it as a side tournament for this honestly, I WOULD, but it's up to Joe. And, no, it's not finished yet there's a few code sets you can try as a newbie and then there's the BrawlPlusery code set (which is in beta right now, it's basically the code set that's working it's way to be the standard one for Brawl+ once everything is agreed upon and we have all the bugs worked out). So, a side tourney would be something we'd probably have to organize for the future ones if Joe allows it.

But yeah, if there's plenty of interest after this tourney, I don't think Joe would have a problem with it being a side tourney before/after Brawl. The sad part is, Brawl takes SO long because of Doubles and Singles so... it'd be hard to say if Melee/Brawl+ could both be side tourneys but, eh, maybe it's possible. IMO, the faster games should go before Brawl does. >_>

Also, is the no-tripping code allowed for use in the standard brawl tournament?
AFAIK, most tourneys if someone has a softmodded Wii (with the HBC and No Tripping on it and everything) will use that Wii + No Tripping for the Grand Finals. I don't think we could have it on every Wii, it would have to be for finals only and it'd be up to Joe. Not only that, but, someone would have to have a spare SD Card that has just No Tripping and longer replays on it because one SD Card can't have two different code sets on it (unfortunately). Unless of course the computers at the venue could be used to change the code set (which hopefully so as long as there's a visible USB port for the SD reader, which there should be lol).

In short, this one would have to be up to Joe as well, SOME people don't even like the slightest changes to Brawl, even if it's tripping, last I checked. But, IMO, it should at least be gone for the finals. (And, before anyone asks, no the code does not affect moves that trip).

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it could be a side tournament at later incarnation of this (because right now it's not finished, I think).
Maybe it could be a side tournament at later incarnation of this
Maybe it could be a side tournament
side tournament
Yes yes yes yes, this would be so awesome to possibly have a Falcon main in the grand finals of a Brawl tournament.

Sakuraba Neku

Smash Cadet
I'll definatly be coming to this one.

But just to be sure: Did you get the date changed to the 7th or is it still the 21st?

Edit: Also whats the address for the venue?

ITT - If you go to the Midwest Circuit, I would like to tag along. If you don't, then I'm going to this.

Joe, as always, I have people coming up with me so you count on atleast 5+ from me. Also, I PERSONALLY think we should do a Marth ditto MM and a Snake ditto MM.

ANY QUESTIONS!!!1!!11!!!!

CALLING YOU OUT JOE!!!!!!!1111!!111!!!!!

Screw you

4% APR

Smash Champion
Beegs-I would offer to team again but I'm so rusty it probably wouldn't be a good idea

Revven

FrankerZ
Dude, Joe, the coldfusion site still says the 21st, what's going on? You couldn't get it for the 7th? I'm not sure now if SFG and I can make it because he's going to be gone that day. PLZ try and change it!!

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
You couldn't just get a ride with another person if SFG can't take you? I mean, Cleveland is really close to the venue, I'm sure a lot of people pass through there.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I just e-mailed the owners for clarification, we should be okay for the 7th. I'll confirm as soon as I get a response probably within a day or so, maybe even less.

The venue isn't open the 14th vayvay, sorry =[

Beegs I haven't played since the last tournament, we'll see how if I get any free time but I'm mad rusty, we should have a smash fest with the CF guys to brush some off.

anything else I missed?

Oh. Brawl+.

I'll consider it, show me there's more than 10 people that want to actually do it and we'll see.

So do people still want melee?

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
For Brawl+, I think the best way to do it is this: During the March 7 tournament, have friendlies with Brawl+ to see if people who haven't tried it yet actually like it and if enough people like it, then maybe have side tournaments for it starting at the tournament after the March 7th one.

In my experiences with Brawl+ with different code settings, at first I thought it sucked, but then I would get used to it and it would be tons of fun because you can just go balls out and do crazy stuff.

nojoes

Smash Ace
same time, SFG round up B+ setups please, also we'll use no tripping for finals, I'll get around to the OP editing in a bit and no, asking if people want to play melee is not a stupid question because if there's only 7 people then it's really not worth running.

(Beegs being Joe) - I suck at this game...majorly

That is all

soap

Smash Hero
if there is under 10 for melee i wouldnt bother.

i am not coming to this btw, i have my first kali/escrima tourney.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
asking if people want to play melee is not a stupid question because if there's only 7 people then it's really not worth running.
sorry if I came off as abrasive I normally get like that when I'm joking around. It works better in real life when people can hear your voice.

But anyway, I still think it was a dumb question. See, even if you were only to get 7 people for melee those 7 people would still answer that the melee tournament was worth it. You're just asking for response bias. (Again, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, I'm just joking around... actually, for all I know you could be joking too lol) Anyway, I think the melee turnout will be ok. I'm probably going to bring a carful of melee people that I have magically spawned this time around.

Revven

FrankerZ
same time, SFG round up B+ setups please, also we'll use no tripping for finals, I'll get around to the OP editing in a bit and no, asking if people want to play melee is not a stupid question because if there's only 7 people then it's really not worth running.
Well, as far as B+ setups are concerned for THIS Saturday, I don't think it's going to happen unless SFG and I can make it somehow. And if SFG can't make it, I could try and get a ride with someone else I guess... dunno how well that's going to go. Unless you meant like for the 7th, which we can definitely make that.

If I DO make it to this Saturday, I'll be bringing a B+ setup. But, it's probably unlikely for this Saturday. I could see if any of the other B+ers in Ohio will go this Saturday and pick me up on the way...

I'll get back to you.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait, this Saturday.... The title says March 7th... Am I missing something?
The coldfusion site still has one listed for the 21st. It looks to me like Joe is going to have both, the one this Saturday and the one on the 7th. But, maybe I'm wrong... and am misunderstanding ****. :laugh:

Skyson

Smash Ace
Anyway, I think the melee turnout will be ok. I'm probably going to bring a carful of melee people that I have magically spawned this time around.
Testamenting to this. Melee 4 life.

Brawl+ would be lol, but I still wouldn't play it.

Brawl, no.

Having the venue and (appearing) to have the date works for me. I'll see what I can do about getting people together.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'll definitely come for melee. I'll come for brawl if I get a chance to play it a couple times before the tourney.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So is there or is there not a tournament on the 21st? I think I'll go to the one down in columbus on the 21st but I know someone very close to the venue that would go to the one on the 21st.

nojoes

Smash Ace
no tournament the 21st, we've been confirmed for march 7th and we're waiting for them to change it on the site.

other changes such as to the OP will come soon.

any more issues to be addressed?

Finns7

Smash Ace
Anyone near youngstown going, I Need a ride, will contribute for gas, plus i gotz setups.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
Running Melee really is pointless in Cleveland, Brawl has literally killed the Melee scene here. Really, just go to Columbus for Melee, the guys there have pretty much always been better than Cleveland plus the tournaments there have pretty much always had more people than ones in Cleveland.

As far as I know, Melee attendence for TYM hasn't gotten over 15, and the last one had like 8 people rofl.

Melee's dead here. I know it's not nice to say, but it's the truth, and this is coming from someone who likes Melee more than Brawl. Brawl killed the Melee scene here, and that's the way it is.

Revven

FrankerZ
Running Melee really is pointless in Cleveland, Brawl has literally killed the Melee scene here. Really, just go to Columbus for Melee, the guys there have pretty much always been better than Cleveland plus the tournaments there have pretty much always had more people than ones in Cleveland.

As far as I know, Melee attendence for TYM hasn't gotten over 15, and the last one had like 8 people rofl.

Melee's dead here. I know it's not nice to say, but it's the truth, and this is coming from someone who likes Melee more than Brawl. Brawl killed the Melee scene here, and that's the way it is.
I'd be willing to say that even Brawl+ would get more attendance than Melee would simply because it's Brawl (even though there are changes to it, at its core it still is Brawl). But, I guess I'll see come March 7th.

I will force you all to play it, ****, I'll even make sure the B+ setup is RIGHT next to grand finals for Singles and play friendlies with SFG and WOW people.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Sci-Fi guy you're such a pessimist

but you're right. Melee isn't really worth it at this point unless we can get at least 15 people to show commitment. I guess I'll have to go to king yoshi's to play melee and to see ITT, FlipX, and SFG more. SFG you better keep being awesome at melee or I'll get surly with you.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Anyone near youngstown going, I Need a ride, will contribute for gas, plus i gotz setups.
I find these two words difficult to believe... Youngstown/Warren has no Smashers... :p No offense... I grew up in Niles... It's just that the entire metro area had 0 Melee players... :(

Finns7

Smash Ace
I find these two words difficult to believe... Youngstown/Warren has no Smashers... :p No offense... I grew up in Niles... It's just that the entire metro area had 0 Melee players... :(
I think we have smashers, its just they dont know where to go to meet others idk, gah nvm we gots 0 smashers T_T

Revven

FrankerZ
If people want a preview of what to expect of Brawl+, watch some of my matches with SFG on youtube. Some time soon I am also going to do a combo video of the **** we did (probably gonna start it tomorrow) so, expect that as well.

www.youtube.com/user/smk2

Have fun.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
This is something that I plan to attend also.

I think Beegs is still up in the air due to his work... T^T (Beegs is not cool either apparently)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Might wanna post this up on AiB and possibly copy paste the old first post from another TYM on the first post to try and boost attendance.

Top Bottom