• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Vts

Smash Champion
Is it sad that this makes completely logical sense, but literally we'll need 2 days to do this. How about best out of 3 though???
3/5 makes it closer

more matches more show of skill

say i 2-0 u and then 2/1 another person and u 1/2 the other person it makes it looks like he's better but if i 3/0 you then 3/1 the other guy while you lose to him 1/3 then it shows a bigger gap

in the long run it will be better but much longer

also people try many different characters if they feel that their main doesn't do well against someone

so they play their 2ndary that might not be as good as main but against certain person it would do better

example is my IC vs g.vice ganon, close games but it's so hard on me but if i go sheik it's so much easier on me or even my puff which i almost ever play.

3/5 would be great

and since it's summer you can easily do the pools for power rankings in 2 days if at the right place but it also brings up how consistent people are. Day 1 you play really good but day 2 you play like crap and you waited to play people around your skill level and lose to them due to bad play and the rankings are lower than what they should be.

then again you could have 2 really bad days and lose to people you've never lost to in tournament but fail when power rankings comes around.

overall the old system with bunbun's is cool but we can mix the 2 also.

keep records of every match of a person (i'll do a mock up right fast) online somewhere of your score vs someone and the power ranking Admin or w/e has to edit it.

if you had a bad set during the huge pool you can challenge someone at a tournament/smashfest to replace your old match.

then for the power rankings all you do is open your huge pool folder with everyone's score and edit that 1 person's match if they lost more or won.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
3/5 makes it closer
and since it's summer you can easily do the pools for power rankings in 2 days if at the right place.
I actually have less time now than during school. I've been working an 8-5 job and I have had no time for anything. I now understand why people in the workforce want to lay around and do nothing in the evenings. It's all starting to make sense lol. :urg:

Ambix

Smash Ace
So... why exactly do people care about PRs?
People that have been smashing for 2ish years are usually the only ones that care about the power rankings.

They want their improvement quantified which is only natural.

Iori you're dumb and i'm MO BETTER than you.

Nite

Smash Champion
As far as the power ranking goes, you guys could take me off whenever you feel like it. I haven't cared about it for quite some time now. I don't check smashboards very often, so I don't know when most of the tournaments/smashfests go down, so I haven't played smash in months.

A big part of my inactivity is my crew as well. That was where I got most of my practice and most of my rides to tournies. And at this point the only person including myself that plays on a semi-regular basis is Zero.

I really would like to hang out and shake off some rust with you guys sometime though, so any of my people who are friends with me on facebook, that's the easiest way to get in touch with me.

Vts

Smash Champion
As far as the power ranking goes, you guys could take me off whenever you feel like it. I haven't cared about it for quite some time now. I don't check smashboards very often, so I don't know when most of the tournaments/smashfests go down, so I haven't played smash in months.

A big part of my inactivity is my crew as well. That was where I got most of my practice and most of my rides to tournies. And at this point the only person including myself that plays on a semi-regular basis is Zero.

I really would like to hang out and shake off some rust with you guys sometime though, so any of my people who are friends with me on facebook, that's the easiest way to get in touch with me.
12 year olds unite!

we gotta get a smash fest going sometime i got jun 2nd off if i recall

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
12 year olds unite!

we gotta get a smash fest going sometime i got jun 2nd off if i recall

That might or might not work for me. I'm running a L4D2 LAN party on June 3rd. Therefore, I might, or might not, be busy depending on how easily this IBM server wants to let me install a L4D2 server on it.... :awesome:

iQuick

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you all know that in about a month the Mid West Championships will be held in Nashville. There will be many games to be played with cash pots; Melee, SSFIV, Tekken 6, MvC3, Third Strike, BlazBlue and Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

More info can be found here and here

Also, if you live near Clarksville and enjoy fighting games, check out the link in my signature. Thanks!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I just wish to tell you that the hub of the Memphis scene is not at PowerPlay on Wednesdays. I'm pretty sure that has ended. But we do all meet from 6-11 on Wednesdays at the VUE. That might be why PowerPlay stopped lol. Sorry, I had to correct that egregious mistake. :) Also the Wednesdays at Hastings the only game played is MvC3.....

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Man, I haven't checked this place in a long time. I miss Smash.

Nite, I got your message the other day. I have just been really busy. But man, I have been itching to play some Smash. Maybe Tuesday buddy.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hey Tennessee! We're having a tournament in Huntsville, AL (which is in North AL, pretty close to you guys). There is no entry fee for first place if you pre-register online (takes like 20 seconds), and there is no venue fee. The payout for first place is $300. We already have over 30 people from AL, GA, and MS confirmed, so come join us and make this tournament big!

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303951

iQuick

Smash Rookie
I just wish to tell you that the hub of the Memphis scene is not at PowerPlay on Wednesdays. I'm pretty sure that has ended. But we do all meet from 6-11 on Wednesdays at the VUE. That might be why PowerPlay stopped lol. Sorry, I had to correct that egregious mistake. :) Also the Wednesdays at Hastings the only game played is MvC3.....
I don't know anything about Memphis so I can't vouch for that.

Here's the new thread, so maybe it's updated?
http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/...nt-adventures-of-daxtecks-and-srkfadc.137465/

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Hey errrbody! Hope to see you guys tomorrow at the VUE for some melee! Also if anyone is going to the tournament in Huntsville (HASL)- June 25th, please let me know cause I would like to go and want to figure out rides and stuff sooner than later.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hey errrbody! Hope to see you guys tomorrow at the VUE for some melee! Also if anyone is going to the tournament in Huntsville (HASL)- June 25th, please let me know cause I would like to go and want to figure out rides and stuff sooner than later.
I think Moogle is going to try to convince some Melee players from Memphis to come down. If that's the case, then you might be able to hitch a ride with them. If you want, I can get back to you with that info later this week.

EDIT: Unless of course you ARE one of the Melee players he would be talking to -.-

Milln

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Milln, here, and probably none of you know me or recall who I am to my dismay, but I thought you'd all be interested in this. I see Quick has already posted, but I figured a more concise link to a local thread would be helpful. Unless, of course, Quick's already posted up a smashboards thread too that I didn't see or catch through Search Function in which case I humbly request an "Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess."

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304464

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
But we do all meet from 6-11 on Wednesdays at the VUE. That might be why PowerPlay stopped lol. Sorry, I had to correct that egregious mistake. :) Also the Wednesdays at Hastings the only game played is MvC3.....
I don't care about pr, I just want people to know I can kick their *** while wearing stunner shades.
And then I am reminded again of how epic this scene really is.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
How many darn tournaments are happening on June 25? We are planning a tournament on the 25 in Memphis too! This is troublesome. That is a popular date lol. Hmm... I can move it back a week if it'll help us. Especially if we can trade players (i.e. we come to one on the 25th, and then in return you guys come to our tournament on July 2. You let me know if this works. I'm all about increasing the scene in the Mid-South.

FYI, this is the link to our tourney: Who Spiked the Falcon Punch?

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
How many darn tournaments are happening on June 25? We are planning a tournament on the 25 in Memphis too! This is troublesome. That is a popular date lol. Hmm... I can move it back a week if it'll help us. Especially if we can trade players (i.e. we come to one on the 25th, and then in return you guys come to our tournament on July 2. You let me know if this works. I'm all about increasing the scene in the Mid-South.

FYI, this is the link to our tourney: Who Spiked the Falcon Punch?

This would be great if we could do something where we could schedule the tournaments on different days cause I know people in Memphis would like to go to other tournaments as well!

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Howdy everyone, I would like to inform you all that my birthday is coming up soon. I would like to use such a day, as an excuse to get everyone together for some group get togetherness. I was thinking we could wait for the weekend and maybe play lazer quest or something.

Its next week, so if your free Im me about what would be a good time for you.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Apparently TN has tournaments.

Last weekend was the big Brawl/Melee thing. This weekend there is a Melee tournament at Power Play. I'm not sure if I'm going yet because I may go out of town. TN and especially Memphis threads shouldn't be dead. I know you guys don't have actual lives.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Cyner is your phone still not working?
it still is not. I'll get it turned on before going to the Vue today... if i'm not too lazy that is.

I have my cube and stuff with me so I could go straight there but i'm still deciding on whether I want to bring my sexbox and BB/MvC3 with me.

BunBun

Smash Master
Instead of getting a cell phone, may I suggest something?

Get a SpicSignal.

It's like the bat signal, except it shows an outline of George Lopez.

_Pixel_

Pink Squirtle is best Squirtle.
Hey guys! I've had this account for such a long time and finally might get some use out of it.

I'm Roshi (anyone know if I can change that name? lol), and I'm in Franklin over here in middle TN. I main Link, but delving myself into Fox a bit. Trying to step up my game with some more practice (as it does make perfect!).

Does anyone around here live in the middle TN area? I didn't see anything in the first post, but you never know ;)

Also on a side note, the local video game shop is having a free melee tournament in August if you want to check it out, link is here.

yoshiiscool

Smash Journeyman
There are a few people in mid TN that play from murfreesboro area, nashville area, and (where everthe hell mr. pickle is from). I'm the murfreesboro guy, and once I'm back in the area (come mid august) I'd be up for smash, and I'll also try to hold some relatively decent sized smashfests that people from all over the state will come to (and some OoSers too hopefully). Yup, that's about it though as far as I know.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
There are a few people in mid TN that play from murfreesboro area, nashville area, and (where everthe hell mr. pickle is from). I'm the murfreesboro guy, and once I'm back in the area (come mid august) I'd be up for smash, and I'll also try to hold some relatively decent sized smashfests that people from all over the state will come to (and some OoSers too hopefully). Yup, that's about it though as far as I know.

Prime example of how most yoshi players become friends.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
A national with MK banned? I'm sure that hundreds of people will be interested in that. Also hundreds will be trolled. I know that I can actually beat good Snake players with good ole bottom tier Link so I think it would be lulzy.

Top Bottom