• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teen kills his mom and wounds his dad over videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Perhaps the fact that 9mm was right besides the copy of Halo 3? It must of made him snap.
Didn't I hear (or rather read, but you get the point...) somewhere in this thread or the net that the boy had a preminition?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Yeah, who the hell locks a game with a 9mm? Isn't the on like the list of things you shouldn't do when you have an angsty teen?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's pretty sad, he destroyed his family over nothing. What's even more amazing is that his Dad forgave him. It takes a strong mind to forgive someone for such an act, it's what separates us from animals.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
But he still got his game back. I'm just saying...
I know he got his game back, But I do not Justify the Sacrafices that was made.
A persons life cannot be compared to a 60$ Game.Unless you believe thats what a humans
life is worth.However, we all have our Opinions.

A_man13

Smash Master
I hate when people do this. It's a game and unlike food and water revolting when it's taken away is bad. My parent's took away my pokemon game on a variety of occasions when I was getting obsessed with it and I was never tempted to get rid of them over the game. Was he truley that addicted to the game when murdering it for the game was worth it? Did he have any other mental disorders that may have prevoked this?

This is exactly why my parents don't allow me to play halo (and Pokemon to a lesser extent); people will get so hooked on it that they will do anything in their power to make sure they can play it.

Mith_

Smash Champion
People make me wonder sometime.

Seriously. Shoot your parents so you can play Halo?

I just don't get it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I had no idea we had so many bleeding hearts.

Guys, take it from someone that makes a point of studying violent crime -- I plan to do homicide investigation for a living.

This kid knew exactly what he was doing. He was a legitimate psychopath. Any person that values a prized possession over human life -- especially their own well-meaning parents -- is a psychopath. Not ill.

Ill means you have some variant of paranoid schizophrenia, perhaps, and you really can't tell the difference between what you're doing and, for example, healing people with a magic wand in rainbow land.

That's not the case. He planned it for weeks. Premeditation. Psychotics do not premeditate their murder, it just happens on impulse, which is why they are typically apprehended, because the crime is sloppy.

This kid may be young, but he is cold-hearted and cruel. He planned and planned, he tricked his parents, who apparently loved him enough not to see this coming, and he tried to STAGE IT AS A GOD**** MURDER-SUICIDE.

He is not ill. The only sickness this person had was a lack of the compassion for other human life that you seem to feel he merits.

He doesn't.
I was going to say in my earlier post that I'd draw the line at calculating psychopaths. I guess he is one, then.

Well, my point still stands against people who ARE violently ill, though it's my understanding the iller you are the less likely to become violent you are. ... It's just when they do go violent they can get REALLY violent.

It probably comes from my older brother, who grew into a paranoid schitzophrenic, and apparently mentioned the diea of killing me and my youngest sibling numerous times, because he felt it was the best thing for us. Since then I've always sort of had a spot for the mentally sick, no matter how deranged they can be.

Psychopaths, however. I still have a deep interest in them, but I guess I do draw the line there. I draw the line at anyone fully aware that they're commiting such a crime. Then you enter monster territory.

I'm still sort of figuring out where I am on these kinda issues I guess. ._.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just don't get some people, sad man, I hope he rotts his azz in jail for a long time, no X-box 360 there dude.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I was going to say in my earlier post that I'd draw the line at calculating psychopaths. I guess he is one, then.

Well, my point still stands against people who ARE violently ill, though it's my understanding the iller you are the less likely to become violent you are. ... It's just when they do go violent they can get REALLY violent.

It probably comes from my older brother, who grew into a paranoid schitzophrenic, and apparently mentioned the diea of killing me and my youngest sibling numerous times, because he felt it was the best thing for us. Since then I've always sort of had a spot for the mentally sick, no matter how deranged they can be.

Psychopaths, however. I still have a deep interest in them, but I guess I do draw the line there. I draw the line at anyone fully aware that they're commiting such a crime. Then you enter monster territory.

I'm still sort of figuring out where I am on these kinda issues I guess. ._.

Likewise I draw my hard-nosed stance at the other end, genuine mental illness, and am influenced by my own experiences.

I live in a city and country with a joke of a criminal justice system where criminals parade their way through the court and back out to freedom inside a dime for violent crime on nine out of ten occasions. Canada needs to toughen the hell up and realize not all criminals are powerless products of their environments, and also that people always have a choice in what they do no matter how dire the circumstance.

If your brother had killed you, there would have been no apparent motive. I doubt he'd be triggered by a video game taken away if his mindset was truly that he somehow felt it would be the best for you. I wouldn't have labelled him a psychopath... that would clearly be the actions of someone who did not understand what they were doing on a real-world plane, which is exactly what schizophrenia is and why it is a legitimate defence.

He also wouldn't have left a parade of evidence indicating that he'd planned it for weeks, nor would he try to stage the crime as anything other than what it was. When apprehended his response to the allegations would have been remorse (my illness got the better of me), obstinacy (it was for the best), or confusion (I did what now?)

He wouldn't try an elaborate lie, nor would it take persuasive interrogation to get him to fold.

And you are quite right. Those with mental illnesses, even the really complex and hard to medicate ones, make up I believe ten percent of violent criminals. The other ninety is made up by real b******s who know what they're doing while they do it.

Like this one.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Heard this in class a few days ago. Our teacher made a brilliant segue, riding the shock value into a speech about 'gettin the gays this state', to paraphrase slightly.

<3 Political slants on murder.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
This is exactly why the government goes all crazy on censorship and trying to ban violent video games. Seriously though, this kid was a nutcase.

I have been addicted to video games in my earlier adolescence and yeah I got in fights with my parents when they tried to restrict me but

GEEEEEEEEEZE.

"Close your eyes, I have a surprise for you"

That scared the living F**K out of me!!!!!!!

Poor dad.. who survived.. I am not one to say or impose what is best on others but I feel so bad for the dad who LIVED through this knowing his wife is now dead and his son attempted to take his life to.

I weep for the world.

I am now officially depressed.

>.<

:SSSSSS

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I'd like to punt this kid's head off his shoulders. Seriously, it gives gamers a bad name. For example, I showed my friend this article, he showed the article to his father, and his father is restricting his video game time because of it, even though my friend has never shown any addictive tendencies.

(sarcasm)Gotta love crazy censorship (/sarcasm)

Samochan

Smash Master
I'd like to punt this kid's head off his shoulders. Seriously, it gives gamers a bad name. For example, I showed my friend this article, he showed the article to his father, and his father is restricting his video game time because of it, even though my friend has never shown any addictive tendencies.

Exacly why one shouldn't show things like these to parents who are overprotective and yet do not understand anything about the subject. <_<

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think that they should let all the other inmates around him play Halo 3, for the lulz
Assuming he doesn't get the death sentence, or was he sentenced already? I haven't looked into it

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

You want to punt his head off his shoulder's for that?

How about for ruining an innocent man (his own father)'s life?

I mean, I am absolutely anti-censorship and despise all assumed connections between any entertainment mediums and psychopaths of this nature, but there is seriously something more important than your copy of Halo 3 right now. It kind of depresses me that most of the sympathy in this topic has been offered for the kid, and few people think of the father, whose wife (and, for all intents and purposes, son) is/are dead. That man will never be happy about it again.

But guess what? The industry will live. You'll play Halo 3 once more. That guy's wife will never be alive again, and his son will never be normal.

Pull your head out of your *** and think about that next time you're enjoying a video game.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I think you went a little too far with the next time you're enjoying a video game. We didn't actually do it, and it is hard for us to relate considering 99.999999% of us don't want to murder our parents.

But yeah I'm totally with you, if you read what I said I was extremely sad for the dad... who has no wife and like you said, his son is the culprit.

It is probably worse than if it was a stranger, because you also feel betrayed and I bet he feels responsible.

For him it must be the most ****ty experience of his life. =/

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, there was an overabundance of OMG VIDEO GAME CENSORSHIP IS GONNA EXPLOAD. Just a little food for thought, my point is video games will prevail, and ruined lives will not, so maybe give others a thought, yeah?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
True.

I did talk about censorship as well but it wasn't in a "OH NOEZ CENSORSHIP STRIKES BACK!!" context

Was more like "This is exactly why the government thinks they know what they are talking about," because they place the blame of horrible accidents (or horrible homicides) such as this, and say it is the VIDEO GAME'S fault and not the kid who played it.

But in the end, my sympathies are all on the kid's father. He has it worse than anyone else. The feeling of betrayal and loss must be impossible to compare to. =/

Edit: Bungie didn't shoot those parents, the kid did. It is his fault and his alone, and he deserves whatever sentence he gets (except Death Penalty but that's just personal belief)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
You didn't edit that in.

ETA: This was spam, i sorry =[.

Also, apparently if you edit it fast enough it doesn't show up.. my apologies.

BowserPower119

Smash Rookie
Over Halo? that game sucks.

Deff Penotee all the way.

that kid is going to be so mad if halo 4 comes out.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Over Halo? that game sucks.

Deff Penotee all the way.

that kid is going to be so mad if halo 4 comes out.
Way to bring humor into a dark situation BP!
Anyway, yes, I do feel sorry for the father, who is a holyman for goodness sake! Imagine how he will be repremended at his job. But seriously, that guy is saint-like in his talent for being forgiving. If I was the father, I would flipped him off and removed my nads in public so I couldn't reproduce.

However, this will have so many reprocussions on not only the game industry, but the entertainment industry as an entity.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
In the weeks and weeks that he planned, he could've just saved some money and get a new copy of Halo 3.

**** psychopaths, always wanna do it the hard way.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
In the weeks and weeks that he planned, he could've just saved some money and get a new copy of Halo 3.

**** psychopaths, always wanna do it the hard way.
1) Open gunlocker
2) Take gun
3) Pawn gun
4) Buy 50 copies of Halo 3

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Say what? Somebody can be found guilty without a charge laid, and to the best of my knowledge, sentencing doesn't have its own court date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom