• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teen kills his mom and wounds his dad over videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist

Smash Master
People shouldn't be complaining that games create violent reactions in people. There are way too many outside influences and variables to even seriously begin to think that. Of course, the knee-jerk reaction would be: 1. kid plays halo 2. kid kills parents for halo 1+2= video games make people kill people for them.

It's just the nature of people. Why do you think we take pleasure in stuff like that in the first place? People define their lives by misery, drama and violence. If you're lacking of any of the three, than you're considered to have "no life"

Just look at any form of the media and you see misery, drama and violence.
Movies? Check.
TV? Check.
Magazines and newspapers? Check.
Internet? Double check.
Music? Check.

It's not just video games. I'm surprised no one has this knee-jerk reaction when some gun busting gangster decides to shoot his neighborhood up like his favorite song tells him to, or when people attempt to mimic serial killers to get the attention from the media.
It also has to do with his parents. Sure, his father is willing to forgive him, that's great and whatever, but it makes me think - what else did they allow him to get away with and just forgave him when he bat them a thousand eyelashes? I'm willing to bet there are a thousand more kids like him willing to kill for something as stupid as this because they know they can get away with it.

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
It also has to do with his parents. Sure, his father is willing to forgive him, that's great and whatever, but it makes me think - what else did they allow him to get away with and just forgave him when he bat them a thousand eyelashes? I'm willing to bet there are a thousand more kids like him willing to kill for something as stupid as this because they know they can get away with it.
He didnt get away with it though, he's going to prison for life. Hopefully this is a lesson to any other psychopathic gamers in our midst. Heck, I wonder whether or not he'd be better off with the death penalty. I dont say that cuz he deserves it, it may be more enjoyable than spending the next, possibly 70 years in prison.

Darkslash

Smash Master
That's the problem with M rated video games. Get way too addicted to them and you could cause mass murder on your family.

Personally, I hate all M rated games because of their intense violence, drug references, AND the endless supply of blood. I stick to the E-T rated games since they're less violent overall.

Watch this.
Say again?

And the fact that your blaming a video game makes you look a little more ignorant.

Like Evil Eye said this guy was a psychopath. He knew where the gun was kept, and planed this stuff for weeks. Halo 3 was just the straw that broke the camel's back. You can replace Halo 3 with Barbie horse adventures and still get the same result. Its sad but its the truth.

rhan

Smash Hero
So did that post just prove....That even some T rated games are more violent then M rated?

I think you just made the situation worse. :(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This game is made from the same people who made conkers bad fur day. Personally I think their art is kinda weird. This game probably should have been M rather than T but probably not enough to make it an M.

And the fact that your blaming a video game makes you look a little more ignorant.

Like Evil Eye said this guy was a psychopath. He knew where the gun was kept, and planed this stuff for weeks. Halo 3 was just the straw that broke the camel's back. You can replace Halo 3 with Barbie horse adventures and still get the same result. Its sad but its the truth.
Then how do you explain why he left the house with the game? Where was he planning to go and was he just going to go to his friends house and say "hey, i just killed my parents, they wouldn't let me play halo 3 so I left and came here, wanna play?" I think he had a little bit more connection to the game then what we've heard in the article.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kills his mom and his dad forgave him?

Maybe he wasn't exactly a faithful husband...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Watch this.
Say again?

I was only in Middle School when that game was out, and even though I had a Nintendo 64 at that time, I was too young to play that game.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
: (

I really, REALLY feel bad for the father...to be able to forgive his son is amazing. If something like that happened to me, I would probably just try to repress the memories of it, move somewhere else, and never talk to the kid again...give myself a fresh start.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

I really, REALLY feel bad for the father...to be able to forgive his son is amazing. If something like that happened to me, I would probably just try to repress the memories of it, move somewhere else, and never talk to the kid again...give myself a fresh start.
You clearly have never had children.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I refrained from posting in this thread for a while, but EE is right:
the kid is a psychopath.

And sadly, it's a growing trend.
Video games aren't to blame here - if it wasnt Halo 3 it would have been something else.
He needed help, but sometimes it's a lot harder to tell whether a teenager is just being a teenager or if there is seriously something wrong.

Liex Link

Smash Apprentice

His father is probably too afraid to be angry at the kid.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Then how do you explain why he left the house with the game? Where was he planning to go and was he just going to go to his friends house and say "hey, i just killed my parents, they wouldn't let me play halo 3 so I left and came here, wanna play?" I think he had a little bit more connection to the game then what we've heard in the article.
He was a **** psychopath. You can replace Halo 3 with DS, Barbie Horse Adventures, Laptop any thing and get the same result. Halo 3 is the variable in this equation. He couldn't get it, he snaps, and kills.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
It was pre-meditated murder.Who kills the people that raised them,loves you unconditionaly,and know whats best for you.This kid obviously never thought about the consequences and what exactly what he took away from himself and his father.I could never live with myself if I had done this.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
my friends and i were talkin about this yesterday it is a key example of bad parenting lol

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
^
^
^
Your not funny. This kid has issues, he needs to address them while serving LIFE IN A CELL.

Oracle

Smash Master
^
^
^
Your not funny. This kid has issues, he needs to address them while serving LIFE IN A CELL.
It wasn't a joke. Also "your" should be "you're"

It really is an example of bad parenting. He clearly developed problems because of the bad parenting.

battousai555

Smash Ace
It wasn't a joke. Also "your" should be "you're"

It really is an example of bad parenting. He clearly developed problems because of the bad parenting.
I'm pretty sure he said that in response to Megajosh2 saying "He should be sentenced to death by decapitation with a Halo 3 disc."

Perfect example of why we use the quote function.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
...Why didn't he take the Xbox, also? Anyways, it's not Microsoft's fault. They released the game for the intention of entertainment, not for plotting the murder of your parents. IMO, the responsibility lies with the kid, or the parents.

head shot. misses the double kill.

that kid must be crazy dude. i hate how video games get blamed. but I guess it can inspire the crazies to do ridiculous things. but really i doubt halo had anything to do with it on a large scale.

the kid thought they would not be dead forever? lol he thought people respawn in 5 seconds. unless of course you commit suicide. then you gotta wait 10 seconds.

Darkslash

Smash Master
head shot. misses the double kill.

I think Alt or Mic did this already

that kid must be crazy dude. i hate how video games get blamed. but I guess it can inspire the crazies to do ridiculous things. but really i doubt halo had anything to do with it on a large scale.
So here was the deal. Parents wouldn't let him play Halo 3. Kid uses his own money to buy it. Parents catch him and take Halo 3 away. Kid snaps. Kid plots murder. Kid finds Lockbox that has Halo 3. Beside it is a 9mm. He takes the 9mm, tells his parents that he has a surprise, and kills his mom and wounds his dad.

Yes Video games shouldn't be to blame, but Halo 3 was the variable that made the kid snap.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Clearly, there was not enough family time in this kid's life.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
At least the other kid who had a fit about Video games used Tacos instead.This Kid should of used the gun on himself for this.

Smudge

Smash Lord
As disgusting as it is

Does this quote basically contradict the fact that it was over Halo 3

evidence also showed he planned the crime for weeks, said Burge, who found the teenager guilty of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and other charges.
I hate how the media jumps on the bandwaggon at any chance.

Panix

Smash Ace
As disgusting as it is

Does this quote basically contradict the fact that it was over Halo 3

I hate how the media jumps on the bandwaggon at any chance.
they could of taken the halo 3 away from him weeks before he shot them.

and, I have to say to him. Don't drop the soap.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Really? Halo 3... Psshhh thought it was Melee
PARENTS FAULT
inorite?
I love America.
me too man...
they could of taken the halo 3 away from him weeks before he shot them.

and, I have to say to him. Don't drop the soap.
how about they HIDE THE GUN BETTER NEXT TIME
there is none

tbh, its no different than the two nlggas fighting over a nickel and one gets shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom