• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teen kills his mom and wounds his dad over videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Did anyone see the picture of the ****er? He looks like a god **** mutant. Like others have said, people like this deserve the death sentence, why spend tax dollars on them letting them rot in prison? I mean, shooting your parents in the head because of Halo 3?
I dunno. I know I'm probably being preachy here, but the guy is no doubt very, very ill. Dangerously ill, no doubt, and in need of help.

I say mental asylum for criminally insane, not death sentance. He's still young, after all. He ended someone elses life, so now he pays for it locked up, but hopefully he'll get treatment and understand what hes actually done.

Though, if you want him to 'suffer' for what he did so much, life in prison would be much worse than instant death, as far as I see it.

Seriously people, I'm not saying he's a good good here. He's FUBAR. But I mean, death sentance? That ****'s barbaric. Maybe I'm too soft on this stuff. I've got a thing for the ill, I guess.

EDIT: Screw the spelling errors, I'm sleep deprived!

Church

Smash Cadet

...too soon?
I was actually going to write "DOUBLE KILL!" In my post by decided against it for tastlessness. Not to mention that the father was a h4x0r and didn't die.

I dunno. I know I'm probably being preachy here, but the guy is no doubt very, very ill. Dangerously ill, no doubt, and in need of help.

I say mental asylum for criminally insane, not death sentance. He's still young, after all. He ended someone elses life, so now he pays for it locked up, but hopefully he'll get treatment and understand what hes actually done.

Though, if you want him to 'suffer' for what he did so much, life in prison would be much worse than instant death, as far as I see it.

Seriously people, I'm not saying he's a good good here. He's FUBAR. But I mean, death sentance? That ****'s barbaric. Maybe I'm too soft on this stuff. I've got a thing for the ill, I guess.

EDIT: Screw the spelling errors, I'm sleep deprived!
The point is not to make him suffer. The point is to be DONE WITH IT without wasting federal tax dollars. Ended someone elses' life? Yeah, his mother... Perhaps I'm not sure what's "right" but I can't help but become enraged over stories like this.

istudying

Smash Lord
I read aout this at school. Like dude Halo3 isn't great and shooting your parents without notice is insane.
This is horrible. What happend to the Humanity.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I read aout this at school. Like dude Halo3 isn't great and shooting your parents without notice is insane.
This is horrible. What happend to the Humanity.
lulz, without notice? I think shooting your parents after notifying them is just as bad.....

EDIT: I think it's just as bad...

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I understand Halo 3 is a FPS so it makes sense he used a gun. Just wondering though...if a smash player was in a similar situation how would it have been different?

Would he push em off the edge of a building and yell "YOU MUST RECOVER!" ?

L__

Smash Master
"My parents took ______ away from me so I attacked them"

No matter what you stick in, you get a violent moron.
virginity?

And did anyone hear about the suicide that occurred after some kid got his RuneScape account stolen?

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
I always thought brats should be locked up, and anyone who raises brats should be shot.

What are the odds of that?!

rhan

Smash Hero
And did anyone hear about the suicide that occurred after some kid got his RuneScape account stolen?
I have no sympathy for idiots that kill themselves or others over videogames. If they go suicidal then they wasn't worth anything in the world to begin with.

.Marik

is a social misfit
This is sad.

I think that kid is arrogant, selfish, and does not understand the severity of the crime he commited.

Also, I don't know if it says this in this exact article, but his dad put the kids Halo 3 in the same safe that the father had his gun in.

As if that didn't give the kid enough ideas.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I had no idea we had so many bleeding hearts.

Guys, take it from someone that makes a point of studying violent crime -- I plan to do homicide investigation for a living.

This kid knew exactly what he was doing. He was a legitimate psychopath. Any person that values a prized possession over human life -- especially their own well-meaning parents -- is a psychopath. Not ill.

Ill means you have some variant of paranoid schizophrenia, perhaps, and you really can't tell the difference between what you're doing and, for example, healing people with a magic wand in rainbow land.

That's not the case. He planned it for weeks. Premeditation. Psychotics do not premeditate their murder, it just happens on impulse, which is why they are typically apprehended, because the crime is sloppy.

This kid may be young, but he is cold-hearted and cruel. He planned and planned, he tricked his parents, who apparently loved him enough not to see this coming, and he tried to STAGE IT AS A GOD**** MURDER-SUICIDE.

He is not ill. The only sickness this person had was a lack of the compassion for other human life that you seem to feel he merits.

He doesn't.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well... at least it's things like this that keep me from getting (too :/) addicted to video games... I don't know how unstable I would be if I made them (completely) revolve around my life...

As for the article itself... why is this kid still alive? If Ike were here, he would've given that kid the death sentence as he and I wouldn't give him any sympathy. :ike:

God d***, who in their right mind would kill their own parents over this kind of thing? Nothing anybody could possibly think of would be able to justify this. Shows how much respect he had for them even though they gave him the stupid game in the first place... Sheesh.

Oh well, if he won't die, I hope he has a good time in prison, especially in the showers. Dropping that slippery soap and whatever else goes on in there.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Did anyone check the polls in the original article? The first one is ok but the second one, in my opinion, just shows how stupid people are when it comes to the subject of videogame violence.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Or maybe..... maybe the kid always hated his parents. And maybe he always had the idea of killing them off floating around in his psychopathic mind.

When the parents took away his game it probably threw him over the edge....

The problem goes deeper than the video game itself. His anger must have been building up for years, but this is just an assumption.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I am not sympathetic to this ***** because he killed his parents in cold blood, but I sorta understand where he coming from.

I was suicidal earlier in my life. I simply detested school because not only was it something I hated, but I simply did not like the amount of rescriction it placed on me. I would be in denial if I said video games did not contribute to these feelings; they allowed me freedom, something school never did. Provided, I was an attention seeking, lazy boy so those two factors prevented me from actually acting on my thoughts even though I knew then and now that they were serious, but such tunnel vision towards suicide/homicide, I beleive, is not something society in general understands (though I don't know if this guy was depressed at all).

Yes, I am not close to being relatable to him since I value other human life highly, even over my own, and I am also autistic, ergo automatically being more intelligent than him, enough so that I can understand the concept of consequences and accountability, but I still can't help but feel sorry for him. I know he needs to be held responsible for his actions, but had I been in the judge's shoes, I would not have been so quick to write him off as a monster and lock him up and throw away the key.

Then I remind myself that I am an Ike mainer and as such need to abide by a strict code of conduct which includes not giving sympathy, especially to pieces of crap like him which only exist to make the lives of bigger prisoners slightly more bearable. Too bad it is unconstitutional to give juveniles the death penalty regardless of how evil they are.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Who voted no on the polls?!

:mad:

Edit: besides that, what a lovely lady that was in the photo...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Or maybe..... maybe the kid always hated his parents. And maybe he always had the idea of killing them off floating around in his psychopathic mind.

When the parents took away his game it probably threw him over the edge....

The problem goes deeper than the video game itself. His anger must have been building up for years, but this is just an assumption.

Does it really matter if he was angry for a while? H still planned it in advance. It wasn't a "You cann't have Halo anymore. Noooooo *bangbang*" thing. He went away, planned it, and acted.

F1r3w0lf

Smash Apprentice
Stop having a boring tuna...stop having a boring l
I agree with Evil Eye. The kid obviously has mental issues. Recently they ruled that a "video game addiction" is not a psychological disorder, and he can stand trial. I'm not going to blame the game for this. Only two rather ludicrous studies have linked violent video games to aggression (aggression meaning hitting an inflatable punching bag and sounding an air horn). Kids in focus groups have said that they realize the difference between games and life, and would never do anything violent they see in a game.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Does it really matter if he was angry for a while? H still planned it in advance. It wasn't a "You cann't have Halo anymore. Noooooo *bangbang*" thing. He went away, planned it, and acted.
lol It doesn't matter anymore, the guy killed his own mother and attempted to kill his father. Whether or not he was mad at them for awhile won't change anything.

I'm just saying video games, or Halo 3 in this case, probably isn't the only factor that caused him to shoot his parents. If it was then I'd be kinda surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom