• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 2! BRING SETUPS! Ken, Mango, Axe - April 13th, 2013 - Pasadena CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I played Emerican. I know he's mad good. I 'know' Silly Kyle's better. Alex19 I'm assuming is still good. ComboFest, I just believe in! Not sure if he can actually do it or not, but he's my kokujin, and I support him 100% of the way.

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Hey Crimson, I'll be a little late, hope you dont mind. I'm not in doubles so it shouldnt be too big of a deal. I was up late last night finishing physics so I can have the weekend free and I'm pooped.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I played Emerican. I know he's mad good. I 'know' Silly Kyle's better. Alex19 I'm assuming is still good. ComboFest, I just believe in! Not sure if he can actually do it or not, but he's my kokujin, and I support him 100% of the way.
OK OK understand :3...
Combo fest does have this.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
please remove swordsaint from the mic. he talks over everyone and rarely has anything intelligent or thoughtful to say. just a noob hanging out on the mic. almost everyone in the stream is bashing him, self included.

one good commentator like mango or wobbles by themselves >>> adding in a 2nd noob to fux things up

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Son of a dbfkngsilgskfgdlgvk.

Ok, explain to me how you transfer money, looool. Because I have no idea how to do it.

Anyone want to bet on crews? $30 socal wins.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
please remove swordsaint from the mic. he talks over everyone and rarely has anything intelligent or thoughtful to say. just a noob hanging out on the mic. almost everyone in the stream is bashing him, self included.

one good commentator like mango or wobbles by themselves >>> adding in a 2nd noob to fux things up
lawl "self included" lawl

clowsui

Smash Legend
this tourney got a really high turnout, but what about NCR? :< how many people from socal are planning to make the trek up for that?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Round 2 Pools!!

Player name (Region) - Round 1 seed

Pool 1
Mango -1
baka4moe -1
jpegimage (V) -2
Darrell (N) - 2
Corigames (AZ) - 3
Hairy Nipples - 3
Mogwai (N) - 4
Matticus - 4

Pool 2
Axe (AZ) -1
s2j - 1
Bizzarro Flame (C) -2
Peligro - 2
SideFX (N) - 3
Joejoe - 3
VGBC.GimR -4
Combofest - 4

Pool 3
PewpewU (N) - 1
okamibw (AZ) - 1
Alex19 - 2
L (N) - 2
A Rookie -3
Anto - 3
Nawnscents - 4
69% (C) - 4

Pool 4
Fly Amanita - 1
scar (N) - 1
Bimbo Mexico (MX) - 2
khepri - 2
Sheen (C) -3
Emerc 3
BluefoxXT (N) - 4
AppleApple (AZ) - 4

Pool 5
Shroomed (N) - 1
sung - 1
Tai (AZ) - 2
coolkid - 2
Dunk (C) - 3
pwrfulfish (N) - 3
Prinny (V) -4
Manatee - 4

Pool 6
Wobbles (AZ) - 1
stabbed - 1
Rickety - 2
Eclipsing Binary (N) -2
Hyuga (N) - 3
Swordsaint (V) - 3
Zeo - 4
TwoD Nando (V) - 4

Pool 7
Westballz - 1
silly kyle (AZ) - 1
trahh (V) - 2
Toph (N) - 2
The Germ (N) - 3
PracticeMan - 3
SniperFox - 4
DanteFox - 4

Pool 8
SFAT (N) - 1
macD - 1
J666 - 2
Bacon (V) - 2
Violence (N) - 3
Oksas (AZ) - 3
SacaSuMoto -4
Sizzle - 4

Top 4 make it to a 32 man bracket

LLDL

Smash Hero
Wait where is this coming from, the stream isn't up and isn't it only 10am over there? Did he say he wouldn't be coming today?

Nvm I see he's not in the pools list

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Based on the fact that ManaCloud's not listed either I'm guessing they had to dip for day 2. : \

Rickety

Peace and Love
Despite their stellar performance in pools yesterday,
Ken and Manacloud couldn't make it for day two due to conflicting work schedules. :[

Eep, I really should head over to the venue now!
I've got pool matches to lose! <3

Revven

FrankerZ
this tourney got a really high turnout, but what about NCR? :< how many people from socal are planning to make the trek up for that?
This is what I was concerned with too. CrimsonBlur or Sheridan shoulllddddd use this opportunity to sign people up who haven't and are able to go.

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
Inebriated Toph and Darrell: the new school Waffles and Phil? Norcal for best commentators excluding lovage and wobbles.

Speaking of Wobbles, I had money against him on every set of his losers bracket run, and he decisively came out on top every time. I think its high time people started including him in that "sub-elite 5" list of players with Axe, KK, Hax, Fly, Shroomed, PPU, etc. Good stuff.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I think Wes was the other #7. The event was very nicely run and it was nice seeing a ton of old and new faces.

edit:
Speaking of Wobbles, I had money against him on every set of his losers bracket run, and he decisively came out on top every time. I think its high time people started including him in that "sub-elite 5" list of players with Axe, KK, Hax, Fly, Shroomed, PPU, etc. Good stuff.
Wobbles has been an extremely high level player for many years; I think he's only been under-appreciated lately due to being a little less active, although he still consistently performs very strongly whenever he does enter.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to TCB and VGBC for the most entertaining melee stream I've ever seen. The downtime and hate on some commentators was not a big deal, overall, it was a super amazing stream. I wish I could have been there, and I hope there's a KoC3 after evo :)

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Wobbles has been included in that sub-elite 5 for as long as I can remember. Don't impose your own ignorance of his continuing national success on others.

Axe broke my heart when he chose Pikachu on Dreamland against you though, Fly. **** the crowd, he should've gone Young Link and camped his ass off.

Nos

Smash Rookie
Wobbles has been included in that sub-elite 5 for as long as I can remember. Don't impose your own ignorance of his continuing national success on others.

Axe broke my heart when he chose Pikachu on Dreamland against you though, Fly. **** the crowd, he should've gone Young Link and camped his *** off.
Actually the crowd was fine with him going young link or pikachu. We just thought it was dumb of him to go falco and it was. But only Scar and his friends really booed about the young link. His young link wasn't even camping, so we didn't boo it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom