• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 2! BRING SETUPS! Ken, Mango, Axe - April 13th, 2013 - Pasadena CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
How will stream time be decided? Will each pool get stream time? Will Ken be favored and get a lot of stream time?

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
UPDATED ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS

Due to some requests, we've made small modifications to the round 1 pools we posted previously

Here is the new batch:

WAVE ONE POOLS 1-8

Pool 1
Darrell (N)
OkamiBW (AZ)
Manacloud (S)
PracticeMan (S)
Prinny (V)
NoTechSkill (C)
Ne$$ (S)

Pool 2
Wobbles (AZ)
Mogwai (N)
Coolkid (SB)
Emerc (S)
StudMuffin (S)
Moi (S)
Ziff (S)
PikminButDeadly (N)

Pool 3
Shroomed (N)
Trahh (V)
A Rookie (S)
Gem (AZ)
PikaZoo (SD)
Zeo (S)
ajtwist (S)

Pool 4
Ken (S)
Baka4moe (S)
Dunk (C)
Eclipsing Binary (N)
AppleApple (AZ)
Aceflight (S)
TKD (M)
Daniel (S)

Pool 5
PewpewU (N)
J666 (S)
DanteFox (SB)
Sheen (C)
2jar (S)
fist (M)
Lobo (S)

Pool 6
MacD (IR)
Bizzarro Flame (C)
Corigames (AZ)
The Crimson Blur (S)
LittleOne (N)
TwoD Nando (V)
KoopaTroopa895 (S)

Pool 7
Westballz (S)
Hyuga (N)
Peligro (S)
Nawnscents (SD)
Wha? (S)
P34chfuzz (AZ)
KrustyKurt (S)

Pool 8
GC | SFAT (N)
Bimbo Mexico (M)
VGBC_GimR (EC)
Anto (IR)
Midg (S)
RapidRage (SB)
Captain Fabulous (S)

WAVE TWO POOLS 9-16

Pool 9
Mango (S)
Swordsaint (V)
L (N)
The Phenom (S)
blindhobo (S)
Rovl (C)
Boscoman (S)
Sizzle (SD)

Pool 10
stabbedbyanipple (IR)
SideFX (N)
Bacon (V)
Matticus (S)
Fortefreak (AZ)
A-1 (S)
Styles (C)

Pool 11
Scar (N)
Tai (AZ)
Joejoe (SB)
SniperFox (S)
Krad (M)
Wieners (S)
WAGs (S)

Pool 12
Axe (AZ)
The Germ (N)
Khepri (S)
SacaSuMoto (SB)
Jackpot (S)
Kitten Mittens (S)
ChumpMeatMaestro (S)

Pool 13
Sung666 (S)
JpegImage (V)
BluefoxXT (N)
Oksas (AZ)
Girlxx (C)
Silva562 (S)
JeezImSoBored (S)

Pool 14
s2j (S)
Toph (N)
HairyNipples (S)
Manatee (S)
Dr. R (AZ)
PandaCobo (C)
Ricardo Mexico (M)

Pool 15
Fly Amanita (IR)
Rickety (SD)
Violence (N)
69% (C)
ResidentWaffle (S)
ToxicReflection (S)
Trypt (AZ)

Pool 16
Silly Kyle (AZ)
Alex19 (S)
Combofest (IR)
pwrfulfish (N)
Fred (N)
vioxx (V)
ItalianStallion (C)

Wave 1 = pools 1-8
Wave 2 = pools 9-16

Top 4 make it out. A 2nd round of pools, 8 pools of 8 (top 4) will be on Sunday.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Teams crews lineups are officially set!

Team SOCAL:

Sung666 / Stabbedbyanipple *lead*
Fly Amanita / MacD
Westballz / Baka4moe
S2J / Alex19
Ken / Mango

Team NORCAL:

Darrell / Toph *lead*
Shroomed / Hyuga
Scar / L
BlueFoxXT / Bizzarro Flame
GC | SFAT / PewpewU

[The format is just like singles crews. Each team picks a lead, they stage strike, and the winning team keeps their remaining stocks into the next match. The losing crew counterpicks a team, and the winning team bans a stage. This goes until one team has 0 stocks --- the only rule thats different than singles is players can steal stocks before 3-2-1 go if they are at 0 going into the next match. So, for example, if Pewfat win a match with PewPewU at 2 and SFAT 0, SFAT can steal a stock before the match]

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
LOL,at ken and scar's pictures in that trailer. And mango and ken in teams? Is this a dream?

Sooo I'l; say it once again.

$30 on Socal for crews.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Now that we're only a day before the event, its time for some final reminders:
  • BRING A SETUP. Last time, we were carried by MikeHaze's ~8 setups. This time we won't have that luxury. So we need everyone to step up. The entire tournament depends on this.
  • COME ON TIME (10:30-11). Line outside begins at 10:30, and venue opens at 11. Theres a check-in process, so we need everyone in at that time; please don't wait until noon. Account for traffic, its Socal. No johns.
  • BRING AN ID. The tournament is in a bar. An ID is mandatory.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Fuuuuuuuu
My ride bailed
Anyone passing through 818?

And if I can't find ride, can I transfer my fee???

Chnlsurfr: if I can't transfer it, and u don't use my entrance, ill pay up

Silva562

Smash Rookie
Id like to bring a friend with me to the Tourney . Hes not gonna play , just gonna spectate . Any fees of some sort for thatt ?

Silva562

Smash Rookie
Now that we're only a day before the event, its time for some final reminders:
  • BRING A SETUP. Last time, we were carried by MikeHaze's ~8 setups. This time we won't have that luxury. So we need everyone to step up. The entire tournament depends on this.
  • COME ON TIME (10:30-11). Line outside begins at 10:30, and venue opens at 11. Theres a check-in process, so we need everyone in at that time; please don't wait until noon. Account for traffic, its Socal. No johns.
  • BRING AN ID. The tournament is in a bar. An ID is mandatory.
The being there on time thing worries me . I work overnight and i get to sleep at 7; 00 am . So yeah i cant go in that early . Im planning on arriving there at 2pm . Koopatroopa895 is also tagging along with me , so that makes 2 of us .

WHA?

Smash Ace
Nvm, I can make it
Does anyone wanna buy my copy of melee?
I wanna bet on ken v scar, so I can put it up vs $25
If anyone wants to do that

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Notes for stream viewers:

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The being there on time thing worries me . I work overnight and i get to sleep at 7; 00 am . So yeah i cant go in that early . Im planning on arriving there at 2pm . Koopatroopa895 is also tagging along with me , so that makes 2 of us .
Id like to bring a friend with me to the Tourney . Hes not gonna play , just gonna spectate . Any fees of some sort for thatt ?
Answered via phone to KoopaTroopa :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
rickety's winning this! he's the best player in the world

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Nvm, I can make it
Does anyone wanna buy my copy of melee?
I wanna bet on ken v scar, so I can put it up vs $25
If anyone wants to do that
25$??? Really id def would love to buy it if i had the money. Man such a sweet deal someone should pick that up fast!!!! Rofl

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I apparently win the KoC pools lottery. Last time I got Link, DK, G&W, and Puff. This time I get two other Peaches and Puff.

Also I vote that I replace Wes in doubles crews because double Peach too good.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oh, goodness!

Predictions:

Pool 15
1. Fly Amanita (IR) - You're my kokujin. You got this.
2. Rickety (SD) - Rickety, I wanna put Jackpot over you, but love you too much to do that.
3. Jackpot (S) - Ding ding ding ding ding ding. I wanna see Jackpot bring down Rickety and Joejoe.
4. Joejoe (SB) - Haha, no love for someone I haven't played yet!! (even though I know you're good :x)
Gulp! Okami, you really are giving me too much credit!
I can say with great confidence that I will certainly not be the second seed in my pool!
In fact, I'm very sure that that I won't be winning any matches at all, let alone actually making it out!
Fly is much too good at this game (he beat me way back in 2007, so I certainly wouldn't have a chance against him now!), and JoeJoe's star only continues to rise! I have no doubt that he will soon take his place as one of the West Coast's premiere Sheik players! I'm not sure who Jackpot is (is he from Arizona?), but I know that anyone who has Okami's blessing will certainly prove to be a formidable opponent, and should not be underestimated! <3

Matches i'm looking forward to in some pools:
15: JoeJoe vs Rickety
Eep! Aw, thank you for the thought, SacaSuMoto, but I'm just sure that this match will be pretty lopsided and boring to watch! The only thing that I could ever hope to beat JoeJoe in would probably be a pie-eating contest or something! Unless he decides to go easy one me! Fingers crossed! <3

rickety's winning this! he's the best player in the world
Aw, you are much too sweet, Strong Bad! Thank you for the vote of confidence, but I'm afraid that I'll only be letting you down! If I can take at least two stocks off of someone in my pool, I'll be one proud boy! Either way, though, I can promise you that I will have lots of fun at this tournament, no matter how badly I get beat! I just wish that you could have made it over! It was such a pleasure getting to meet you at the last one! <3

---

Ugh, I can't wait for the tournament! There are so many people that I'm looking forward to seeing tomorrow that I'm actually finding it hard to fall asleep! Thank you, Smash Community, for being so wonderful and welcoming! <3

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Lol, Rickety, you're definitely making it out of round 1 pools. Either 2nd or 3rd seed between you and joejoe.

Haven't played you two in too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom