• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 2! BRING SETUPS! Ken, Mango, Axe - April 13th, 2013 - Pasadena CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Big reason I'm going to go to this is I heard that you'd be able to let me on the commentary set ups, can I get verification on this Crimson Blur? I was the commentator for the Vegas monthly about week back.
Also, is the venue / tournament staff okay with me bringing and selling perler bead sprite necklaces and keychains on the side as well?
Regardless, Vegas should be coming to this in a fairly nice group size; I'm pretty excited. :)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Never thought I'd say this, but... conversations with some SoCal people have swayed me into betting for Ken in his showdown vs Scar.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
So I think I registered, but it might not have gone through. If I register again and get billed twice can you refund me Crimson?
Please don't register twice. Yes, I can refund you, but its a hassle with Paypal and I'd rather not.

What name did you register under (first / last / gamertag)? Sometimes it takes time to process. I can check for you.

Big reason I'm going to go to this is I heard that you'd be able to let me on the commentary set ups, can I get verification on this Crimson Blur? I was the commentator for the Vegas monthly about week back.
Yes; I like your commentary a lot. I'd love to have you as part of our commentary team :)

Also, is the venue / tournament staff okay with me bringing and selling perler bead sprite necklaces and keychains on the side as well?
We can't give you a booth or anything but as long as you do it discrete I don't think there'd be a problem with it. I'll have to ask though.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Never thought I'd say this, but... conversations with some SoCal people have swayed me into betting for Ken in his showdown vs Scar.
People don't know how much better Ken has gotten.

If Scar's walking into this thinking he's facing KoC1 Ken he's got another thing coming for him

Has scar even agreed to this?
Yeah, Scar's down.

And why scar out of all the people?
Scar kept ****ing with Ken on the MioM show (kicking him out of the skype call, etc) and Ken's not having any of that so he challenged him to a battle.

Beeeeefff

Can't disrespect a legend, son.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Lol how come no one wants to take bets on scar vs me. I mean... I'm not even ranked in socal and scars like 4th or something in norcal. Also I'm at work ill post more later!

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Yes; I like your commentary a lot. I'd love to have you as part of our commentary team :)

We can't give you a booth or anything but as long as you do it discrete I don't think there'd be a problem with it. I'll have to ask though.
Awesome and awesome! :D It'll be cool to meet and commentate with a lot of the people I didn't get the chance to at Genesis 2.
For the perlers; I just sell them out of a medium sized plastic container I would carry with me, I can make sure it doesn't get in the way of anything else. But if it is a problem in any way I can keep them away from the venue.
(Oh, I'll also put $10 on Scar just for the heck of it if I find someone fun to bet with.)

Sedda

Smash Champion
Do you know which day you guys are streaming the ken vs scar exhibition. Don't want to miss Scar getting whooped.

Scar

#HarveyDent
pretty nervous about my moneymatch with ken

i think he has a pretty good shot

he is the king of smash

after all

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

JUST BRING IT

Battlecow

Play to Win
oh NOW he has money

Really can't decide if I should throw money behind scar or not

my heart tells me yes

but my brain tells me no

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
For what it's worth, Beat of Azia was amazing. I am tempted to watch some of those old school Knivez/BoA/EdreesesPieces/David "DC" Chavez matches on YouTube to see if I can contextualize the era and fruitlessly compare their skill level to current-era players in the spirit of The Red Queen.
ROFL I did not expect that post to end like that but I approve.

anyway I need to buy my ticket to this, ****

I'm definitely going though

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
oh NOW he has money

Really can't decide if I should throw money behind scar or not

my heart tells me yes

but my brain tells me no
You should always go with your heart no matter what.

Scar beats me, ill take off work and go to EVO. He'd be the people's man hahaha

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Either of you actually want to do this? I'm down. Paypal works?
Uuh, I suppose paypal might work. I'm not too experienced with it though. I just buy stuff off of ebay. If you know how the system works then we can do it that way. Otherwise, I'll be at EVO, and we can just exchange money there.

You should always go with your heart no matter what.

Scar beats me, ill take off work and go to EVO. He'd be the people's man hahaha
Woah, so I win no matter what.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Anyone going just for one day? (saturday) and heading back the 101??

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
can anyone house a carpool of 4-5 people from arizona? (including myself and wobbles)

Engo

Smash Ace
How much has Ken practiced since KoC1? It doesn't matter, how much, Ken has practiced.

But seriously if I was there I'd put 10 on Ken. Mostly for fun but also a feeling in my heart.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Is there something we need to print out and bring to show we registered, or is it under our ID? I think I registered under my middle name, hope that isn't an issue.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Hey y'all
I am selling a copy of the MELEE for $26

I'm prolly gonna use it for the ken scar bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom