• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team OXY presents: Kings of Cali 2! BRING SETUPS! Ken, Mango, Axe - April 13th, 2013 - Pasadena CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Quick facts for April 3rd:

-New exhibition! Teams crew battle, Norcal vs. Socal 6v6. Standard crew format, but with teams instead of singles. Crews need give me lineups by Apr 10th.
-We're proud to announce the singles bracket will be full best of 5. :)
-Schedule updated in OP:

10:30 line outside begins
11:00 venue opens
12:00 doubles bracket to top 4
2:30 singles pools round 1 wave 1
4:30 singles pools round 1 wave 2
6:30 ken v scar bo7
7:30 norcal v socal teams crew battle
9:00 venue closes

10:30 line outside begins
11:00 venue opens
12:00 singles pools round 2
2:00 teams top 4
3:30 singles bracket
9:00 venue closes
And, finally, but most importantly, Registration ends in 3 days. April 6th. Register at team-oxy.com/register.

SwordSaint892

Smash Rookie
Vegas should have about 10 coming participants, and I'll bring about 100 different perler sprites for sale (provided that's still okay). Especially excited to get behind the mic too!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
For out-of-region attendees not getting housing from locals, the official hotel for Kings of Cali 2 is the Valley Hotel in Rosemead. Its extremely cheap ($59 a night for two beds. Split 4 ways thats less than $15 per), and has CRT TVs. Only downside is its ~10 miles from the venue but assuming you have transport to and from, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Other Smashers are already reserved there, so if you plan on being where the party is at, the Valley is the place to be. There are only 15 rooms left for the weekend, so we recommend you reserve now, but to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there were rooms available on walk-in if you get stuck.

Team OXY (me, Sung, etc) and VGbootcamp (aisight, Gimr, etc) are confirmed to be there :)

Zoap

Smash Master
Doubt this will get matched or even close to it, but I've got $500 to put on Scar. Rarely check here so either PM me or hit me up on facebook. I'll split it up too so no need to for anyone to have to match the whole. Also I will most likely not be in attendance so it will be PayPal or through a mutual contact.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Zoap do you know a good way to escrow

I don't wanna do the honor system with $500 lol

thinking about taking you up

Zoap

Smash Master
Is there a smasher you're comfortable being the third party and holding both wagers?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Oh man, big paper being thrown around now :smirk:

what time does the food open

LOL
I haven't 100% confirmed it yet but probably around 2. And it will be open for 2 hours.

Both days.

Vegas should have about 10 coming participants, and I'll bring about 100 different perler sprites for sale (provided that's still okay). Especially excited to get behind the mic too!
Veeeegaaaasss

<3

Zoap

Smash Master
I'm ok with Sung or Crimson holding it if battlecow is. I can PayPal or send cash directly with a NorCal homie whichever creates less hassle

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd trust crimson, I know sung only likes to deal in cash so that's prolly not gonna work

I still need to think about whether I like Ken for this. But if I do bet it'll be all $500 for sure.

You down, Crimson?

SNPR

Smash Journeyman
Who is going to play this week before the tournament and can i join in? I want to play at least once before the tournament.

Zoap

Smash Master
I'm unfamiliar with Goose, do you happen to know violence or maybe juggle guy if he is willing.

Techskill

Smash Rookie
Ken, if I come to this, would you give me the honor of playing versus you in a best of 5 as a 24th birthday present :D?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm unfamiliar with Goose, do you happen to know violence or maybe juggle guy if he is willing.
Oh my B he said he knew you

apparently his norcal connections are overrated

uh I don't know violence. Juggle guy seems cool, I'd trust him.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Zoap - How do you not know Silly Goose aka AJ goslin. He slept in the same hotel room as us at APEX

Zoap

Smash Master
Oh if sillygoose is AJ Gosling then I'm ok with him being the 3rd party. Daniel I didn't recognize it because I never called him by anything other than AJ Gossling. Are we paypaling him or is there some way that won't charge(I remember PayPal charging for that).

EDIT:Does this mean you accept the bet?

oksas

oak-sauce
j666, practice man and ppu are listed as international? lul

hey silva562, wanna $1 MM? :p

WHA?

Smash Ace
Crimson, plz remember to change chanlsurfr to WHA?
J666, my money
Ace flight, my goddam money

Also reminder I'm selling a melee copy for $26

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yo how the **** did registration jump from 20 to 112. Is Kings of CALI THAT HYPE!? Tourney kinda impromptu also

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Because most people are lazy/afraid to commit until the latest time possible. KoC2 is THAT hype though.

Scar vs. Ken MM is gonna rock. I'll probably place bets at the venue because Paypal hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom