• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like Valve's halloween promo started. You can now use the new taunt if you hold the taunt button and the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head now appears if you equip it.. Not to mention the new background in the main menu lol.

edit: maybe not the halloween promo where Valve releases hats etc but "halloween" time where it allows the things I mentioned.

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
How much is the Conscientious Objector worth? It's the new peace sign weapon. I just found one off a random drop.
I'm not going to sell it, just curious for it being new and all.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Personally I saw someone trade one for 3.6 refined last night.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've seen someone trade a max head for a nametag, doesn't mean that's what it typically goes for.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Advice or stuff regarding Chargin' Targe vs. Splendid Screen?
What weapon do you intend to use with the sheilds?

iirc the Targe is currently glitched. You can use the charge at any range and still get the crit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Assuming you use either the Bottle, Persian Persuader or Half Zatochi the damage with the charge and crit is 245. With the Screen it's 270. The only class that falls between those is an overhealed Demo. However, with how low health they'll have and you being in melee range, they'll probably kill themselves with explosives. Seems pretty negligible to me.

The Eyelander, on the other hand, gets a damage boost from the Splendid screen. 2 heads with the Targe gives you 265 damage, whilst 2 with the Screen will give you 304 damage, enough to take out overhealed Soldiers or unbuffed Heavies.

So basically, if you're running Eyelander OR the enemy team has few explosive classes (or pyros I guess, but Shield hardly matters there, just depends on nade aim) I would run the Splendid Screen. Otherwise, stick with the Targe.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I really like the Eyelander, so I guess I'll save metal to craft the Splendid Screen. Thanks, Seikend.
I sent you a trade request earlier when you were on but you didn't respond so I'll let you know here lol. I'll give you an extra The Splendid Screen for free xD

edit: metal? I'm pretty sure they go for a scrap or 2 random weapons

edit2: oh you meant craft.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I sent you a trade request earlier when you were on but you didn't respond so I'll let you know here lol. I'll give you an extra The Splendid Screen for free xD

edit: metal? I'm pretty sure they go for a scrap or 2 random weapons

edit2: oh you meant craft.
Oh. Well this helps nicely if you're willing to part with it. I'll be on Steam after a much needed nap.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'd want 1 scrap for it, so just give me any 2 weapons I could craft into scrap, or do that yourself and trade me the scrap.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
A lot, they're in series 30 crates. Your best bet is to get a series 30 crate rather than trading for one.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You suck and Im jealous.

Newish trading site I've been using a lot recently, makes for fast and convenient trades: tf2wh.com
I came across that today actually and yes it is amazing.

Expert's Ordnance, where have you been all this time :embarrass:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
How many people here would be interested in a TF2 tournament? I was thinking something along the lines of 6v6, KoTH and on Harvest.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'd recommend Viaduct over Harvest for 6v6, but I also probably wouldn't enter.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Halloween 2011 Event
Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
Updated effects for The Cow Mangler 5000
Updated in-game abuse reporting tool to include option for reporting abusive game servers
Added mapcycle_halloween containing all Halloween event maps
Fixed team colors and styles not updating properly in store previews
Fixed bug in reputation trend status display for registered servers
Fixed a problem that could cause repeated stutters after joining a server
Fixed the Spine-Chilling Skull not appearing when equipped by soldiers
New Halloween-themed community-created items submitted to the Workshop are now available in the Mann Co. store

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Blehh. More cosmetic updates. Was hoping for a new weapon or two.

Still, I'm, really glad they got rid of the server stutter bug. Used to get it all the time joining my favourite server :/.

Top Bottom