• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Foster's Facade as a Misc.

Two Misc Slots.

Reserve Shooter for the Pyro.

Oh god steam why won't you just work ; ~;

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Im excited to have my facade on my pyro, but my only issue is I painted my facade team spirit, and my merrywether is pink. I feel like that's gonna clash pretty bad, so I'll have to repaint one.

Additionally, reserve shooter for Pyro just might be amazing.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
The Foster's Facade is bugged. It clips with the pyro's gas mask.

The Reserve isn't as great as I thought it would be. Sticking with my flare, thanks.

but maaannnn I love this update.

Strange Weapon Notifications are apparently now just in the chat. No annoying sounds or having to constantly cancel them!

Everything bought instore becomes tradable after a few days. You can buy hats for less than 50 pence at the moment. Craft hats and.. things in general all lose their ingame value. You will be able to actually buy the cheaper things (i.e. not keys, buds, bills, unusuals) at affordable prices.

Is good day.

EDIT:

RECENT UPDATE

"Items purchased from the store are no longer craftable. "

GODDAMNIT TF2.

M@v

Subarashii!
messed around for about a half hour to see the changes(all the time i had today, mad busy this week)

TF2 likes to freeze and crash now, but otherwise all the new stuff seems legit.

I can finally trade stuff I bought that I dont want anymore, lol.

Does anyone have the high five taunt? I just want to see it used.

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you wish to idle...I've got a server that's hopefully up all the time. :p

;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
RECENT UPDATE

"Items purchased from the store are no longer craftable. "

GODDAMNIT TF2.
Haha yeah, that got me too. Picked up a couple of em to craft. At least I picked ones that aren't too bad (Pyro's propeller hat and the spy's fedora) Probably will give them to a couple of friends.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I never really got the idea of strange weapons altogether

you can level it up to Hale's Own just by killing people with that weapon in an achievement/idle server

New update killed several of my favorite Saxton Hale servers though =(

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The point isn't togrind it up, its so you can see how manY kills you have with each item.

:phone:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah. I could go and do that, but where's the fun in that?

Also, really liking the rental feature. Borrowed the Widowmaker for Engie and really liking it. It's something like 70c so with the additional 25% off I'll probably end up buying it.

M@v

Subarashii!
What killed me with the store changes is how ol snaggletooth dropped in price like 6 bucks T_T.

I bought it a while back to complete my croc 'o style kit(which I have as a preset if I ever need it by the way :p)

•Col•

Smash Champion
What killed me with the store changes is how ol snaggletooth dropped in price like 6 bucks T_T.
Wat.

Why would you spend 10+ dollars on a hat when you could just buy a single key to trade for the hat? >_>

Some people, I swear....

trollface.jpg

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You can't die to a headshot, except for when you're hit with 2 in a short period of time. So short that it has to be 2 snipers/spies/whatever else headshotting you.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You can't die to a headshot, except for when you're hit with 2 in a short period of time. So short that it has to be 2 snipers/spies/whatever else headshotting you.
That's pretty cool. I actually think I have the full set minus the hat, because the SMG sucks anyway.

•Col•

Smash Champion
That's pretty cool. I actually think I have the full set minus the hat, because the SMG sucks anyway.
Just to let you know, if you get headshotted with the set on, you drop down to 1 hp. It doesn't negate headshot damage at all.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Is anyone else having tf2 problems? (As in, the game will crash at random times while online)

I did a virus scan, and it didn't seem to be anything from steam, so i'm curious to find out.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else having tf2 problems? (As in, the game will crash at random times while online)

I did a virus scan, and it didn't seem to be anything from steam, so i'm curious to find out.
Yup, constantly getting hl2.exe crashes. It's a very common problem at the moment caused by recent updates.

Not much anyone can do but wait for the next update.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Yeah, as I stated in another thread, TF2 crashed for me amidst a heated battle (I was medic healing my teamz while the other team was rushing) :mad:

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So thus far, I hadn't really experienced the mid-game crashes people were talking about.

And then today happened.

- Twice while I was about to backstab.
- Once while I was about to Spycap the final point.
- Once while I was Uber'ing a Heavy.

=.=

M@v

Subarashii!
Strange machina finally exists!

If any of you come in possession of it, or a salvaged mann co crate(series 30), I will pay nicely for either.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Yeah, I've been experiencing freezes/crashes. :mad:

D

Deleted member

I've gotten a couple of crashes as of late. The only one I really remember the context of was when I was trying to pack up a sentry last night.

M@v

Subarashii!
Strange machina going for 15-20 refined.
After crying in the corner, I'm switching back to regular sniper rifle.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Why not look around for a crate that carries the Strange Machina and buy a key? xD

I'm planning on buying crates and keys soon so if I do find one, I'll give it to you for FREE (if I manage to find a bunch of crates by then lol).

M@v

Subarashii!
That won't work sadly. The strange machina comes in a special ultra rare crate called the salvaged mann co crate(#30). It uses the same key and stuff, but looks different. The crate itself isn't going cheap either since everything in it is really good.

If you open it, you get one of the following stranges:

-Machina
-Gunslinger
-Kritzkreig
-Holy Mackerel
-Ulapool Caber
Or the chance at an unusual as with all crates.

If you do come by one in a random drop, I'll gladly buy it off you though.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
#30 crates are in random drops??????

also selling Virtual Reality Helmet

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Series 30 are really rare random drops that are apparently going for 8-10 refined. Also known as just short of 5 keys or so.

M@v

Subarashii!
#30 crates are in random drops??????

also selling Virtual Reality Helmet
Yes. Someone in a server I was in found one, and unboxed a strange machina. That's how I first found out they existed, and I was also jelly. :3
Its my goal to get that weapon; its the one strange I've cared about getting the most(since the regular machina was released) then of course they make it an ultra rare making my task much harder.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I want a Strange Eternal Reward, and I think that's really the only one I super want.

On another note, why are spies so universally reviled? Even when I'm being super credit to team landing tons of backstabs / sapping sentries people are like "man why is this guy a spy" and then the other team just hardswaps Pyro and spychecks constantly.

Note: Spychecking is an extremely stupid mechanic and they need to put in some downside to doing it, like igniting (not damaging, just a 1dps dot) anybody you "check" and then seeing how they react to it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
People only get really annoyed when there are 27 Spies on their team and are at the bottom of the leaderboard.

You're asking to nerf the Pyro. No thanks. :3

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
So I was thinking that Valve should add a voice command that says "Extinguish me!" so that a Pyro nearby can extinguish you with the airblast.

Yea or nay?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's because those are awful Pyros. I usually run with a Heavy / Medic pair. I set people ablaze to make the Heavy's job easier, and if they were burned I'll just airblast away. I also get to pick up dropped weapons from the kills by the Heavy for more ammo. The only time I run roaming Pyro is with the Backburner, so.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Hence why Valve should add that voice command so that people can make the connection that airblast extinguishes teammates on fire. I sometimes forget that I can extinguish people xD

Top Bottom