• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Publisher: Valve
---------------
Highlander Details
[collapse=Smash World Fortress]Team: Smash World Fortress
Division: UGC Steel
Tag:「SWF」

-Starters-
Morino - Scout
Ant - Soldier
Colaya - Pyro
John2K4 - Demoman
Krynxe - Heavy
Bionic - Engineer
Terywj - Medic
M@V - Sniper
Ulises - Spy

-Backups-
Rei, UltMario, GwJumpman, Fuelbi, Eikelmann, D4rk T1n, PNAleek, Handorin, Krisp

-Mumble-
TBD

-Practices-
TBD

-Schedule-
TBD[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

I have Steam and TF2, but I haven't played TF2 a whole lot since the Engineer update, and barely any since I found an addiction to Steam sales.

Still:

Sonic the Baron: baronofbarons

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How do you get stuff in this game anyways? Do you just run around the map randomly or level up or something? I know I get stuff, I just don't know how I get it

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think you either have to just play the game normally and you randomly get items (you can get more than 1 of the same item) or you can buy them from the store. (i.e. Hats)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah great!! I thought nobody even cared about this game, add me as well :)

Nametag:OmegaX

I love the items, been waiting for an update since engineer.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ill gladly trade that for a stronger pistol. I use it as my long range weapon and want it to have some punch. Besides the reload should still be fast.

It might hurt the new scattergun though. At least the force-a-nature reloads fast. They didn't say this one does.

PS the bat will go well with my bonk helm, lol

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Steam id: bionick7

and wtf @ the Atomizer LOL. Gotta use it if it grants a TRIPLE JUMP.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
How do you get stuff in this game anyways? Do you just run around the map randomly or level up or something? I know I get stuff, I just don't know how I get it
yeah like F8AL said you get them randomly through drops. there's a weekly cap too if I got that right.

ndayday

M@v

Subarashii!
Probably won't even need the FaN though, lol. I like the scattergun and FaN almost equally; its so hard me to decide which one to use. I've been favoring the scattergun recently though because of its better overall firepower. And since I won't need the fan or the basher to get extra jumps now; the only advantage the FaN would give is give faster surprise kills on every class minus the heavy.

The drawback to the bat is that its nearly useless as a melee weapon, but that's not even that big of a sacrifice. You do lose 10hp for every 3rd jump; that's there to discourage people spamming it. If they do the scout's going to be even easier to kill.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other than the random drops, the class milestone achievements also give you a specific item. You can also scrap items into scrap and then create new items (and hats!) with said scrap.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I hope Valve ****s themselves, I paid money for this **** and now it's free.

Let me guess, now they're gonna give us hats saying that we paid 15$ for this game?

D

Deleted member

I'd calm down for the time being. Valve themselves haven't said anything about it being entirely F2P.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I hope Valve ****s themselves, I paid money for this **** and now it's free.

Let me guess, now they're gonna give us hats saying that we paid 15$ for this game?
Just curious, when did you buy it? Dunno about you, but I bought it about 4 years ago, so it doesn't bother me too much. More surprised that it's still going.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think I bought my copy of the Orange Box back in 2009 for $10 or $20. Worth every penny. It was like $2.50 for an hour during Halloween one year I think.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Just curious, when did you buy it? Dunno about you, but I bought it about 4 years ago, so it doesn't bother me too much. More surprised that it's still going.
I bought it a year ago

Idk, to me a year still means I haven't made my money's worth

D

Deleted member

I got The Orange Box for Xbox for $20 a little after Meet the Spy came out. I got the PC version a few months later, and I've barely used Xbox Live Gold since.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well yeah. So how many/what ones? I can only think of 3 myself that I've played that long, not counting TF2. 2 were MMO's, the third wasWarcraft 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Let me see Portal, Gears 1, Gears 2, CoD MW, WaW, and a couple of other games I'm too lazy to look at my games library and see if I still play them

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Looks like also a larger backpack, ability to trade, craft more gear and have the chance of hat drops.

Valve said:
Q. How does Free-to-Play affect existing users?

It doesn’t. You can keep enjoying TF2 as you have before, with all the features and content you’ve come to expect from TF2.
Q. What do I get if I paid for the game?

To thank you for your years of support, we will be giving players who have purchased TF2 a special Proof of Purchase hat to wear on any character in-game.

Q. Who has a free account?

Anyone who has downloaded the game for free and has not made a purchase in the in-game Mann Co. store has a free account.
Q. Who has a premium account?

If you've ever spent money on TF2, you have a premium account. This includes purchasing the game before it was Free-to-Play, activating a retail version of the game, or making a purchase in the Mann Co. in-game store.
Q. How is a free account different than a premium account?

Premium accounts have a few extra features, including access to rare and cosmetic items through random item drops, the ability to store more items in your backpack, and more powerful trading and crafting abilities. Otherwise, the gameplay experience will be identical for both accounts.

Also

Free
Backpack: 50 slots
Items: Standard
Crafting: Limited blueprints
Trading: Receive items only
Gifting: Can receive gifts

Premium
Backpack: 300 slots (expandable up to 1000)
Items: Standard, Rare and Cosmetic
Crafting: All blueprints
Trading: Full trading
Gifting: Can give and receive gifts

Q. Won’t going Free to Play mean more griefers and cheaters?

If a new player on a Free account upgrades to a premium account and indicates that you were their most helpful friend, you will receive a wearable item. Helping new users via the Coaching feature is a great way to meet new players and help them out!
Q. How does the Coaching feature work?

We’re increasing our focus on making sure that hostile players can’t ruin your fun. Specifically, we’ll be keeping a close eye on players exploiting the ability to make infinite free accounts to bypass bans. We’ve built systems that’ll allow us to measure and track what these players are doing, and respond quickly.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm still stuck at downloading an update at 33kbps... at 27% left

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I honestly don't think all that stuff makes this game going free fair enough, but I guess at least we get something.

Also, when does this update come up? And that video is pretty sweet. I honestly thought that the Medic was the serious character in the game or something

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh he's serious.

Seriously mad!

The update is live, just finished Dloading it.

M@v

Subarashii!
I got my Tf2 for free. Friend gave it to me as a gift when it was on sale for $2.50 one weekend.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been playing TF2 since I bought the Orange Box in 2007.
I can't really say I like the game being free.
Feeling salty that I paid for my thousands of hours in game that's now free.
Yeah, thousands of hours is more than worth the price of any game and it still feels fresh.
Still, just an odd feeling.

Top Bottom