• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

fkacyan

Smash Hero
People only get really annoyed when there are 27 Spies on their team and are at the bottom of the leaderboard.

You're asking to nerf the Pyro. No thanks. :3
Spychecking functioning the way it does now is the sole reason spies aren't viable on small teams.

Well, that and Scout being broken as hell.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I think he meant how much (money) and not how long
So I was thinking that Valve should add a voice command that says "Extinguish me!" so that a Pyro nearby can extinguish you with the airblast.

Yea or nay?
I use the command help, if they don't understand that you probably were never going to be put out.

But most competent pyros will just extinguish you.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Well, yeah, if they're the least bit competent, they will most likely extinguish you. However, I'm talking about those that aren't competent and in my experience, is a lot of people. Same thing with Medics when I was standing right in front of the Medic spamming E because I was about to die and he would not heal me. It's not that big of an issue but I figured a lot of people would find it handy.

Also, TF2 crashing comes in handy when I'm just about done. TF2 crashed? Oh well, I'm done :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Spychecking functioning the way it does now is the sole reason spies aren't viable on small teams.

Well, that and Scout being broken as hell.
Then go on servers that are larger.

Every class has a Kryptonite. Pyro is the Spy's Kryptonite.

Also Scout is pretty good, but Broken as hell? Pfft. If anything, it's just that Scouts are a particularly hard target for Spies, especially ones REALLY BAD WITH THE PISTOL. If you played other classes, like say Heavy, you'd find that Scouts are not much more than an inconvenience.

I've played a decent 14 hours of Scout. Being one isn't easy, especially when you play on servers with good people.

If you really need to know a server with high quality players and usually rather filled servers, try ProTF2.

M@v

Subarashii!
Class on left with the hard counter on the right:

Scout-heavy/engy
Soldier-none
Pyro-Heavy/Engy/Sniper
Demoman-none
Heavy-Sniper/spy
Engy-Demo/spy/soldier
Medic-Anything lol. He's not meant to fight
Sniper-Scout/Spy
Spy-Pyro

Demo and soldier are easily the 2 most well rounded classes.

There's a reason the standard competitive team composition is 2 scout/2soldier/demo/medic.
Demo and medic are limited to one.
Scout's counters aren't prevelant in competitive play because they are too immobile.

M@v

Subarashii!
Pyros are not hard to kill because unlike the scout or spy, they don't have a safe way to get close to the sniper unless is being an idiot with his eyes jammed in the scope and never moves.

If the snipers good enough, he can neutralize most scouts who don't use bonk as well.

Only Safe weapon sniper has against scouts is the SMG. Jarate+bushwacka(what I use) isn't reliable vs good scouts because they will just stay outside your melee range.

SMG is better for dealing with scouts close.
Jarate+bushwacka is better for dealing with spies close.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well, in my experience the only good time to engage a Sniper is if you run into one by accident or something while roaming. Doesn't even matter if you end up Jarate'd because the Bushwacka makes them more susceptible to whichever flamethrower you're using.

Too bad the SMG has such pitiful damage output. >=\

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
The Pyro might not have a means to get near to the Sniper like the Scout or Spy, but the Detonator is one of the best Sniper harrassment weapons there is.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Only additions I'd made to that list.

Soldier gets wrecked by Heavy.

Demo can't touch a good Pyro.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I randomly got really interested into the TF2 competitive scene and have been watching The Prophets a lot.

Learning a lot about how to play classes in 6v6 games and just played my first tf2lobby game. I think I'm in love.

M@v

Subarashii!
The only way a scout can stand a chance against a heavy is if he's using the scattergun, and surprises the heavy while his minigun isn't revved. Or a sandman ball to the face then proceed to scattergun point blank.

If the heavy has a tomislav your pretty much ****ed regardless.

Natascha is the next worst for a scout, but it has a longer rev up.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice

Scout-heavy/engy
Soldier-none
Pyro-Heavy/Engy/Sniper
Demoman-none
Heavy-Sniper/spy
Engy-Demo/spy/soldier
Sniper-Scout/Spy
Spy-Pyro

Demo and soldier are easily the 2 most well rounded classes.

There's a reason the standard competitive team composition is 2 scout/2soldier/demo/medic.
Demo and medic are limited to one.
Scout's counters aren't prevelant in competitive play because they are too immobile.
I don't think heavy counters scout, the scout just avoids him until he can flank and or attack with his team. Also, in 1v1 scout wins most of the time against anything except soldier.

I would put scout before sniper on pyro counters, I don't see how pyro has anymore trouble with snipers than any other classe.

Scout counters demo fairly well, he can get past his traps, avoid pipes and get in close(demos weak ponit)more easily than any class.

Demo is pretty good against heavy.

Scout counters spy pretty well.

Demo is limited to 1 at least partially because he slows the game down to much, heavy often gets the same restriction for the same reason.
The only way a scout can stand a chance against a heavy is if he's using the scattergun, and surprises the heavy while his minigun isn't revved. Or a sandman ball to the face then proceed to scattergun point blank.

If the heavy has a tomislav your pretty much ****ed regardless.

Natascha is the next worst for a scout, but it has a longer rev up.
Its not like his other primaries are worth using, other than shortstop which isn't bad against heavy either. And you can attack a revved heavy by surprise and stand a decent chance, especially tomislav.

Too bad the SMG has such pitiful damage output. >=\
LIES!!!!!

•Col•

Smash Champion

Scout-heavy/engy
Soldier-none
Pyro-Heavy/Engy/Sniper
Demoman-none
Heavy-Sniper/spy
Engy-Demo/spy/soldier
Sniper-Scout/Spy
Spy-Pyro
You should add Scout(in open areas), Medic(with Blutsauger), and Demoman (at mid-range) to the Pyro counters.

No I am not joking.

•Col•

Smash Champion
At that point, you might as well say "Anyone who is competent enough to spy check" as a Spy counter, then.

-.-
No? Because he can still get the jump on his opponents using invisibility/disguises. In a direct fight, if he doesn't get the first hit in, he should typically lose.

But anyway, Mad Milk Scout kinda wrecks Spy.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
>disguises
>spy checking

=.=

But even then, the idea is a hard counter, and that means lack of specificity on weapon loadout or environment.

•Col•

Smash Champion
>disguises
>spy checking

=.=

But even then, the idea is a hard counter, and that means lack of specificity on weapon loadout or environment.
Yeah you're totally right. Loadouts or environments isn't a factor at all in matchups.

Demoknight and Battle Engy do JUST as effective as their stock counterparts.

And Pyro does just as well in wide open areas as he does in narrow passageways, right?

Totally.

And yeah Mic is right. Scout beats Demo pretty badly.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
TF2 got updated and I got excited thinking it's a fix for the crashing. But nope, I crashed within a couple of minutes. :(

John2k4

The End of an Era
The crashing is really bothering me...I log on to idle the day away while I am at school, and come home to find that it crashed within 30 minutes of me leaving. :glare:

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Who here knows about Team Fortress Arcade? :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5sRThU_G3U

Download
Actually already played through all of it acouple of days ago. A good thing to pass time. But Scout is wayyy to over powered in this. Didn't die as him once :awesome:

I only started getting crashes yesterday. I hadn't gotten any before that.
I've gotten a bunch of face stabs lately. Feels good killing a pyro going down the spiral on 2fort and after killing him survive and cap the intel :bee:

John2k4

The End of an Era
I put TF2 arcade on my NeoGeo cabinet. It's 100x more fun playing it on there. :bee:

S l o X

Smash Champion
B> Strange Scattergun.

I lied, I finally got one. :X

tf2lobby so fun. it feels good not being the worst one on your team too, even if it's your first few actual games.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
>Get money
>Goes to buy Keys
>TF2 DOWN DUE TO MINOR UPDATE

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I typed in the name of an unusual hat and it said you will get 120 credits. Then I see a Buff Banner going for 200 credits

wat

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Night of the Living update?

Night of the Living Update
October 21, 2011 - TF2 Team

Someone passed a link to us that pointed us to this Night of the Living Update! We really wanted to explore more of the house but were denied by some sort of a haunted multi-day lock mechanism. Dreadful. Suppose we'll just have to wait to see what other treats are unveiled over the next few days.

Boo!

Almost had you.
Source: http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=news

The site it links is: http://halloween.tf2mods.net/index.php

There's this hat that's like completely a rip off of this guy:

Top Bottom