• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer

Swag.

I'm also going for haunted pyro items.

Have a haunted steel-toed stompers I'll trade away.

Totally just crossposted this from the Disco Room

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
>Trade for a couple of hours yesterday, make 5 refined in profit.
>Buy 2 keys for 5 refined (They've gone up in price due to the halloween effects)
>Sell 2 keys for Bioshock

I am happy : D.

Only item I really want in tf2 anymore is the Merc's Price Scarf but a buds for one is silly. Gonna wait until there's more store-bought ones in the market; really want a Pyro with Napper's Respite and the Scarf :3.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want a Genuine scarf cause I'm a perfectionist.

The only item I've ever bought is the new skull hat cause it's only available through the store. I consider not being able to craft an item as an imperfection and it bugs the hell out of me.

I have a sticky and rocket jumper that are store bought and just that bugs me.

I think I have a problem.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Hey guys. I've been playing tf2 off and on since around '08. I'm a heavy main, I play on and administrate the SLAUGHTERHOUSE servers. (Server info below) I haven't been playing much lately, but I hop on every so often.

My steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/krynxe

[COLLAPSE="SLAUGHTERHOUSE info"]
The server is an alltalk, music friendly servers with a really good community of skillful players. Stock+custom map rotations. I highly recommended it for people who are more experienced and enjoy playing with players who are skilled and use teamwork more efficiently, while still being able to be lax and socialize.

Website & Server List:
http://www.bhslaughter.com/servers.php

I'm not here to advertize or anything, it's just these are usually the only servers I play on considering I'm an admin. I do, however, really enjoy VSH mod and join servers with it frequently. I'd be fine for joining on one of you guys to play, too.
[/COLLAPSE]
Also, I don't really keep up with the tf2 economy at all. I rarely trade and I honestly
don't really give a **** about hats or vanity items. I just want to play the game and have fun.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well, I was expecting a huge wave of hate. :cool:

So, what exactly is the conversion rate of USD to metal? lol
Idk what anything is worth though, other than how good unusuals are worth so much you have to pay in like buds and bill's hats. (Which I find odd, since there's a limited amount of buds and bill's hats whereas time progresses more and more unusuals are being uncrated. The value for unusuals has seemed to go up.)
Also, I'm trying to trade my spare v. sola topi for a v. modest pile (since one of my friends needs a hat for like every class.) Is that an even trade, or is the modest pile worth a lot more since it equips on every class?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ah, thanks. That's an interesting site.

V. Tossle Cap worth 4-5 refined. Too bad my account with it got VAC'd lol. :urg: At least that's the only thing of value I lost.

John2k4

The End of an Era
You can't ttrade items away from a VAC'ed account?
What if you giftwrap it?

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm pretty sure I got all my items taken. I'll check again though when i get home today.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I thought they left everything alone (for the most part), and just flagged the account as VAC banned to prevent connecting to most servers. I haven't heard of them taking items...

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, all my items are gone. I also can't connect to the mann co store. That's just my alt account though, oh well.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I actually talked with a friend of mine who couldn't believe I didn't care about hats, just weapons.

Ah, Slaughterhouse, I'll have to stop by sometime. My (other) friend's best friend runs ProTF2, so I've been going there a lot too haha.

You play Saxton Hale too? i've been trying to find active ones, the only one I can find that has people playing are TFF's but their servers are still broken atm. OzFur had like 30 different hale's but they had to shut down for a few weeks because of a security compromise.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah I love VSH. I have a few subbed servers, but I usually don't have any particular server I play on.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I now have a full Haunted Heavy Setup

Only cost 4 Rec.

Trying to sell Halloween items to bring that to a net difference of losing 2 Rec. Probably on Nov 4th or something late in the event, I'll sell my whole Haunted Heavy Set to do a little better than break even.

ayup.

AND AFTER ALL THIS HALLOWEEN IS OVER MAYBE SOMETHING OTHER THAN EYADUCT TRADE SERVERS WILL BE ACTIVE AND I CAN ENJOY THIS GAME FOR WHAT IT IS AGAIN.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I know it, Eyeaduct has consumed my past 5 days. I've almost obtained a full page of costume pieces now, sometimes I just hop on those servers where WHOA people are actually not farming them and I usually get at least 2 in a row, the people are much more focused on killing each other haha.

It's obviously a mentality thing but I seriously do feel like I do better when I'm wearing cool hats. Because come on who wouldn't feel badass wearing a gold-colored rubber glove on their ghost-head?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
This one time while I was in the underworld as a Heavy, I was eating a Sandvich when I notice there's a gift right in front of me! Then some Scout came and took it :(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I always go Gas Jockey Pyro and airblast the poor Scouts away.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Found a Haunted Blazing Bull Today.

Had a buyer seconds after I picked it up lol.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Pretty happy I got this. :b:

That's the second time I've found this same hat this month. ;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Have they fixed itemtest yet?I want to see how that helm would look with the blighted beak + medic mask

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, but I need to actually have that hat to do it :p

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We should try to get a 9v9 and play on that one mode where it's like arena and the class limit is 1, everyone with their dedicated class.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Ah yeah, that's what it's called. If we do 6v6s though there won't be very good character balance. (The effectiveness of defensive/team oriented characters like heavy/medic/engi raises significantly while classes like sniper seem almost wasteful.) There also definitely needs to be a class cap of at most 2 for the 6v6, and I'll go ahead and say no more than one medic or heavy. IMO

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well. I would like to get a signups thread going so we can gauge how many people will be up for it, but at the same time, if we don't get enough, the whole thing will be for naught.

Highlander does have more merit at this point over six-man teams though, definitely.

Top Bottom