• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~=Team Boosted Presents: SMASH F^3=~ [It has been done.]

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
For a while now, Team Boosted has been holding small tournaments in our basements, and they were always invite-only...But now, because of our expansion into the true competitive scene, we offer you the next installation of our main series to be public...

SMASH F^3

That's pronounced "Smash Eff-Cubed". It's the third tournament in the SMASH F series, and hopefully it will be our largest to date. The place of Team Boosted's tournaments has varied over the months, but by now we've solidified the main smash gathering area to be my father's house. The address will be mentioned later.

For now, you HAVE to register by emailing me if you want to come. My email address is SypherPhoenix@gmail.com

The tournament is $5 entry and $5 more if you want pizza for yourself later in the evening. The singles tournament payout is going to be 60% of the pot for 1st place, 30% for 2nd, and 10% for third. We will hold a doubles tournament but it will not involve money.

*NOTE THAT ONE $5 PORTION WILL GO TOWARDS PIZZA. TRUST ME, THERE WILL BE NO MONEY LEFT OVER*

yeah...i end up having to pay for like half of it even when everybody brings $5.

Also, for drinks, we will have a huge supply of Dr. Pepper. If you don't like it, too bad...unless you are fine with water. I might have SOME Sprite, but a very limited supply. Drinks will be free.

•4 stock

•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•5/7 grand finals

•8 minute time limit

•Items off

•Tied deaths will result in the match being done again

•First stage random

•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set.

•Double Blind character pick can be called for the first match of any set.

•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.

•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.

•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.

•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is banned.

Singles Stages on random:
Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.

Singles Stages Banned:
Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Onett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's Island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

Doubles Stages on random:
Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Kongo 64, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story and Pokemon Stadium.

Doubles Stages Banned:
Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue,
Yoshi's Island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

All other levels open for counterpicks.

If you look at the flyer I posted before the rules, you will see the time, date, and address.

If you can't see it for some reason:

Address: 3206 Cambridge Court, Fairfax VA, 22030
Time: arrive at 12:00 noon; tournament starts at 1:00 PM.
Date:THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE ON JUNE 7TH, 2008.

This tournament is going to have Melee as the main attraction. After the tournament, we will have one Brawl setup, and anybody else who wants to bring a Wii and Brawl can do so. We'll set it up AFTER THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER. Speaking of after the tournament, we'll have mass amounts of friendlies. You can stay until around 11:00 PM that night, so time isn't much of an issue.

When you arrive, if nobody answeres, call me on my cell phone. I'm sure that it's simply the noise in the basement that's keeping us from hearing you.

Cell number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Something I need to ask of all you coming....Bring setups. A TV, Melee, and all the appropriate cords. If someone could bring a power strip then that's be great, too. I have lots of extension cords but...you never know. If you're going to bring a setup I suggest you email me telling me that you'll bring it. We will definitely not have enough for a tournament if nobody brings setups.

If you have any other questions about the tournament, post it here.

2nd EDIT: Nevermind...You still should to email me with your gamertag and first and last names. It would be preferable to have this information in the database BEFORE everyone shows up...I will collect $5 at the door for the tournament, and $5 later for when we order pizza.

ULTRA EDIT LOLOL: You can also give me the info via AIM. My screenname is "samaster6".

WHARRGARBL EDIT: Okay, I officially need setups.

GCs/Wiis + Melee
SypherPhoenix
TheSage?
SOJ
krnred225
Rikuna?
knightpraetor

TVs
SypherPhoenix
SypherPhoenix
SypherPhoenix
SypherPhoenix
TheSage? <--FAIL
krnred225

I would prefer to have at least six setups. VOLUNTEER PEOPLE, ZOMG.

I'll keep the information up for anybody that is curious as to how this worked. Here are the tournament placements:

1: Boss
2: Chinesahh
3: knightpraetor
4: Kiwi
5: TheSage
5: krnred225
7: AfroS
7: Stream of Justice
9: SypherPhoenix
9: Lexi

Last edited:

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'll go, do I still need to e-mail you even though I told you over aim?
yes, it would be preferable as i am keeping a record via email and i'm giving out additional info.

and WOAH WOAH @ Lord Knight..."Location: Northern-southern-western-central Jersey"

NJ? holy **** i'm pulling OoS-ers

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
yes, it would be preferable as i am keeping a record via AIM and i'm giving out additional info.

and WOAH WOAH @ Lord Knight..."Location: Northern-southern-western-central Jersey"

NJ? holy **** i'm pulling OoS-ers
Ok, I'll e-mail you 2morrow.

And @ Lord Knight: people must be desperate for melee.

Also: I'm going all Peach (maybe some Marth/Flaco) this tourney as my Melee Ness feels to weird to play with. I'm too used to playing brawl.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Hell yes I'm coming. I'll pass the word on to 2Math (parenthesis and #2).

Ikagi_chan

Smash Rookie
****it Sypher, you've really gotta let me know about these things earlier. I'm on your freaking crew for god's sake!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
wait...when is prom? time-wise?

the tournament starts at 1:00 and should be over fairly quick, so can you at least make that?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
nah, you don't have to email me, i already have you in the database. but everyone who hasn't been to one of smashfests needs to email me! >=[

and we'll start as soon as everyone expected to come arrives. i need to give people some time to show up.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I'll probably come, along with one friend who is pretty new to the game.

I mean, cheap entry fee plus decent players in attendance, and melee to boot...can't really resist that....even if i hvae totally forgotten how to play melee during the last 3 months.

i'll try to confirm soon.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'll probably come, along with one friend who is pretty new to the game.

I mean, cheap entry fee plus decent players in attendance, and melee to boot...can't really resist that....even if i hvae totally forgotten how to play melee during the last 3 months.

i'll try to confirm soon.
Just play two nights in a row and then keep alternating between melee and brawl and you'll be able to keep up both games. That's what i've discovered.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
no, we're just going to put everyone in the bracket from the start. there's nowhere near enough people to have to eliminate them like that.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
do i really need to shoot out an email?
unless i work on sat, ill prob come. gotta get ready for FL -.-

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
sup (its L@wl btw)
i probably wont be able to make man...sorry...i know i missed like the last....70 O_o....

but ill probably be able to make it to any of the next ones....
my schedule is probably going to free thanks to the summer....

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
do i really need to shoot out an email?
unless i work on sat, ill prob come. gotta get ready for FL -.-
eh, i'm loading everyone into the database anyways. I already have the info i need, thanks to All is Brawl. I looked up just about everyone who said they'd come and i got the right stuff. so no, don't bother at this point.

sup (its L@wl btw)
i probably wont be able to make man...sorry...i know i missed like the last....70 O_o....

but ill probably be able to make it to any of the next ones....
my schedule is probably going to free thanks to the summer....

BLARRRRGHLETYABARBRBRRRR

COME ON.

meh, it's alright. i'm going to be holding smashfests in the summer, and you'll be able to make those....i guess...>____>

Top Bottom