• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Arlington Presents: *Pound* 3 Feb 2nd/3rd Be there by 11!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea, I already posted my flight plan on here too, but no replies about anything. Just kinda curious how were gonna get around and where were gonna sleep.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you should think about taking a bus/taxi around, and then renting a hotel. a taxi ride from BWI airport to the UMBC campus should go for around $20 roughly, thats just my guess it could be more or less, but its only 10 miles from the venue so id imagine its around there. I believe Plank has hotel information for the best possible deal available, although im not sure where he keeps this information. i plan to make a post summing up all public transportation and hotel needs sometime soon. safe holidays to all!

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
That would be cool, but generally I take the hit on the bills, so I'd prefer not to go that much further into debt with my parents. I think I'll practice and try to win lol.

hova

Smash Champion
Sounds like someones house is getting egged tonite. I got somethin special for your window, champ.
you can't just randomly post after 9 years of nothing

i'd be willing to drive some people from the hotel to venue and back and such, but i'm not doing any airport duty

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dayumn, Sensei, you just had to post.
um, I'll MM you only for $5 haha.

But yeah, anyone else? We're NJ players...so, yeah, MM us.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
there is no smash 64 tournament. were all here for melee remember?

and NJz you are money matching me for $10 or more. you have no choice, you have to, because you have almost 5,000 posts, have had over 50 sigs, yet you barely go to tournies. not to mention you probably arent the finest in New Jersey, id say maybe 15th finest or so. this qualifies you as "forum nerd", and money matching is the only way to redeem yourself

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Here Azn Lep and my own's flight info in case anyone could help out with rides or housing :p

San Diego CA (SAN) to Atlanta GA (ATL) on Thursday, 2008-01-31
Flight: FL0618
Depart: 22:25 (SAN)
Arrive: 05:15 (ATL)
Cabin: Coach
Seat(s):
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700 Jet

Atlanta GA (ATL) to Baltimore Wash MD (BWI) on Friday, 2008-02-01
Flight: FL0484
Depart: 08:05 (ATL)
Arrive: 09:48 (BWI)
Seat(s):

Baltimore Wash MD (BWI) to Atlanta GA (ATL) on Monday, 2008-02-04
Flight: FL0461
Depart: 06:40 (BWI)
Arrive: 08:32 (ATL)
Seat(s):

Atlanta GA (ATL) to San Diego CA (SAN) on Monday, 2008-02-04
Flight: FL0611
Depart: 09:40 (ATL)
Arrive: 11:25 (SAN)
Seat(s):

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
and NJz you are money matching me for $10 or more. you have no choice, you have to, because you have almost 5,000 posts, have had over 50 sigs, yet you barely go to tournies. not to mention you probably arent the finest in New Jersey, id say maybe 15th finest or so. this qualifies you as "forum nerd", and money matching is the only way to redeem yourself
Actually, after meeting up with CunningKitsune and some other players in college, I've became alittle more active as far as tournies go.
Fact: I'm better than almost all of the 15 ranked players in NJ (if anyone of you ranked players read this, you can money match me if you want). Given the fact I live in the Midwest for college, I don't go to NJ tourneys, so I can't be ranked ///johnz
*Not trying to sound amazing or anything since NJ isn't that great at Melee lol.*

But yeah, I'll take on that MM (for $10).

Drephen

Smash Master
i think this question goes out to TA and anyone else.

Is there anyone who can do stuff like commentary and recording vids?

Since this will be the last big melee tourney, we should get setups like at FC3 with BACH or the high tech setups like at MLG's

It would be up to TA if you got paid or not but i think this kinda stuff should be at pound

Commentary, recorded vids, split screens, intro music. I think this stuff is appropriate for a tourney this size

So anyone out there volunteer for this? Or TA or guys know anybody from around the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom