• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yoshi has powerful jaws...why? A fruit eating dinosaur doesn't seem likely to have particularly powerful jaws, especially for fighting of all things. Unless you mean this one, who's not canon anyway, I don't see him doing significant(bites will still hurt, but they won't be deadly) enough damage with his mouth alone. Mewtwo's not specifically made for fighting(his body, at least), but his tail isn't hindered by him not being able to maneuver well, as Yoshi's head is by his build. If Mewtwo can knock Yoshi down by hitting his head with his tail, Yoshi's screwed.

Sonic's quills aren't lethal, and even if they were, they are seriously hindered by his lack of mobility and their position on his body. I don't see how he'd even get close to Mewtwo's neck if he can't walk on his legs. Mewtwo just has to play smart and not hurt himself trying to kill Sonic. Even if he touches the spines once, he'd most likely be smart enough to avoid them from then on. As the above post suggested, all M2'd need to do is choke them with his tail, or alternatively break their arms/necks if possible and wait for them to bleed to death.

TL beats him, though. Even coming from a weak kid, getting hit with any weapon(sword, boomerang, even sticks, bombs/arrows, or using his shield as a weapon) would do some serious damage to Mewtwo's body(neck(s) especially).

REL38

Smash Lord
And as I've said before, M2 has kangaroo like legs but he lacks the build to perform kanga moves. Matterfact, let me dig in the archives of MUs and find some quotes of this discussed already:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9029532&postcount=15485
Post I made addressing M2 when he faced Zard.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9106622&postcount=15672
Post JOE! made about why MK beat Kirby....and why M2 is being discussed now against these three.
Now Zard lost that MU since you proved how bad his bite really is and he has too big of a weak spot to do anything about it. However, Yoshi has way more powerful jaws and Sonic can still stick him until he bleeds to neck. Consider the OHKO in the back of M2's neck and the fact that he can't really kill them and I see a draw.

M2 bashing his skull could work to Sonic, but it would harm M2 as well. And Yoshi's head is bigger than M2's tail so Yoshi could bite his tail. The drop kick thing can work on the both of them though.

Sonics's quills being non-lethal? Why was that determined?

He has a very good base so keeping balance isn't necessarily much of an issue
A drop kick isn't too far-fetched

But more of the attacks would be more tail-based

IsmaR covered the rest for the most part

This hardly gave any reasoning to Luigi being stripped of his trump weapon

And this is what I agree with. keep it "FD" type and keep it neutral from there.

And since you're in charge, everything you do will have some backlash and people who complain. You can't please everyone, so do what you do best and stick to your guns.

Final Destination is faaaaarrrr from "Neutral" in Smash
It favours some and puts others at disadvantages

Exact same applies to any of these fights

Nova9000

Smash Lord
If Yoshi and Sonic are retired why is Mew2 fighting them? He would just strangle them with his tail matches over.

Anyways Mew2 loses to kid with bombs.
Because even retired smashers can stand to some of the shenanigans that are pulled by the other warriors. It isn't a "auto win" just because we didn't discuss them anymore.
Yoshi has powerful jaws...why? A fruit eating dinosaur doesn't seem likely to have particularly powerful jaws, especially for fighting of all things. Unless you mean this one, who's not canon anyway, I don't see him doing significant(bites will still hurt, but they won't be deadly) enough damage with his mouth alone. Mewtwo's not specifically made for fighting(his body, at least), but his tail isn't hindered by him not being able to maneuver well, as Yoshi's head is by his build. If Mewtwo can knock Yoshi down by hitting his head with his tail, Yoshi's screwed.

Sonic's quills aren't lethal, and even if they were, they are seriously hindered by his lack of mobility and their position on his body. I don't see how he'd even get close to Mewtwo's neck if he can't walk on his legs. Mewtwo just has to play smart and not hurt himself trying to kill Sonic. Even if he touches the spines once, he'd most likely be smart enough to avoid them from then on. As the above post suggested, all M2'd need to do is choke them with his tail, or alternatively break their arms/necks if possible and wait for them to bleed to death.

TL beats him, though. Even coming from a weak kid, getting hit with any weapon(sword, boomerang, even sticks, bombs/arrows, or using his shield as a weapon) would do some serious damage to Mewtwo's body(neck(s) especially).
Yoshi is an omnivore; he swallows the enemies in SMW and other games. And gorillas have powerful jaws yet they primarily eat fruit to, so it's not just a case with Yoshi. And since M2 has to have a second spinal cord, you would think that's a sensitive area right? Hence why minor injuries to your spine can cause paraylsis. Same concept really. Yoshi's head is a drawback obviously, but that has nothing to do with the fact he can still bite M2's tail. Or he can make M2 fall.

About Sonic's quills....cacti aren't that sharp until you puncture them with enough force. I could make the same case for Sonic. And how strong is M2's tail anyway? And would it actually be able to pick up Sonic like you imply it can (Yoshi is too big to do that)? How flexible is it? Would it hinder it's balance in any way?

TL<M2.

He has a very good base so keeping balance isn't necessarily much of an issue
A drop kick isn't too far-fetched

But more of the attacks would be more tail-based

IsmaR covered the rest for the most part
I corrected your picture...

He's standing in this pic, but note that his feet has his weight on the balls of his feet and not the ball and sole. For a lower body that big and wide, he's gonna need more than that to support him. Then look at his tail. Normally animals extend their tails to give them balance. Most pokemon follow this(Zard, Squirt), but M2 doesn't. All this to say that he couldn't do this in real life. Anything with that kind of balance and weighs 270 lbs. is false.

This hardly gave any reasoning to Luigi being stripped of his trump weapon
Take it up with JOE! then. We made all of this clear before, but now it's an issue.
Well how about this then?
We give Luigi the scope Mario had at first. Since Falcon and the spacies have lethal lasers now, its only fair right?
And give him the Kuribo shoes. Anything he lands on is squashed so he can be Paul Bunyon.
And he keeps the Polt as well?
I've been trying to find a solution and you and Yonder just complain.
But now Weegee has a lethal weapon and can win some MUs. Does that satisfy you?

Final Destination is faaaaarrrr from "Neutral" in Smash
It favours some and puts others at disadvantages

Exact same applies to any of these fights
Well then define a even battlefield...
Oh wait...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Take it up with JOE! then. We made all of this clear before, but now it's an issue.
We give Luigi the scope Mario had at first. Since Falcon and the spacies have lethal lasers now, its only fair right?
And give him the Kuribo shoes. Anything he lands on is squashed so he can be Paul Bunyon.

Oh wait...

Lol i don't even care anymore, do what you guys want it's just an internet thread :p

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Is Sonic assumed to adopt the practice of Poisoning his quills like real Hedgehog do?

I thought those were echidnas...but I could be wrong...

Lol i don't even care anymore, do what you guys want it's just an internet thread :p
No one ever had any discrepancy about Weegee until now. But if it's cool with JOE! he can have that and stand a chance again.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
wait....what?
Hedgehogs have extremely strong salive and can actually hold many poisons in their mouth without harm to themselves as long as they do not swallow. Hedgehogs frequently chew on and mix with their saliva all kinds of rotten dirty and poisonous substances they find in their natural habitats and then spit it out and wipe the spit on their spines causing the wounds they leave to be extremely unclean and often lead to poisoning and infections. Its why you are always advised to be very careful to clean the wound if you prick or scratch yourself on their spines despite how small and inconsequential it may seem.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hedgehogs have extremely strong salive and can actually hold many poisons in their mouth without harm to themselves as long as they do not swallow. Hedgehogs frequently chew on and mix with their saliva all kinds of rotten dirty and poisonous substances they find in their natural habitats and then spit it out and wipe the spit on their spines causing the wounds they leave to be extremely unclean and often lead to poisoning and infections. Its why you are always advised to be very careful to clean the wound if you prick or scratch yourself on their spines despite how small and inconsequential it may seem.
i dont think sonic would be doing that...

real hedgehogs can pull that off due to them being so small, Sonic doing the same would need to have so much "****" in his mouth to do the same that he'd inevitably be poisoned himself

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I thought I was the demotivator here...:(...

This is tru fax.

Wikipedia said:
Hedgehogs occasionally perform a ritual called anointing. When the animal encounters a new scent, it will lick and bite the source, then form a scented froth in its mouth and paste it on its spines with its tongue. It is unknown what the specific purpose of this ritual is, but some experts believe anointing camouflages the hedgehog with the new scent of the area and provides a possible poison or source of infection to predators poked by their spines. Anointing is sometimes also called anting because of a similar behavior in birds.
And may I note this...

The hedgehog's back is made up of two large muscles, which control the positioning of its quills. There are about 5,000 to 7,000 quills on the average hedgehog, and these are durable on the outside, while being filled with air pockets on the inside. The hedgehog uses its quills to protect itself from predators, using muscles which draw their quilled skin to cover their full body, and pulling in the parts of their bodies not covered, such as their head, feet, and belly. This form of defense is the hedgehog's most successful, but is usually their last resort.

JOE!

Smash Hero
sonic clearly lacks this though...seeing as he only has 3-6 spikes...on his HEAD depending on what version you use :(

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
i dont think sonic would be doing that...

real hedgehogs can pull that off due to them being so small, Sonic doing the same would need to have so much "****" in his mouth to do the same that he'd inevitably be poisoned himself
He would simply have to do it in more mouthfuls, it would work just as well. The only change would be that it would take him longer, seeing as this is something he has done before in his own time it would not affect the fight.

REL38

Smash Lord
Yoshi is an omnivore; he swallows the enemies in SMW and other games. And gorillas have powerful jaws yet they primarily eat fruit to, so it's not just a case with Yoshi. And since M2 has to have a second spinal cord, you would think that's a sensitive area right? Hence why minor injuries to your spine can cause paraylsis. Same concept really. Yoshi's head is a drawback obviously, but that has nothing to do with the fact he can still bite M2's tail. Or he can make M2 fall.

Omnivore or not, that isn't very notable for bite strength

Since he swallows everything whole

Mewtwo won't be getting his tail bitten
Mostly due to the fact that Yoshi has very, very limited range of biting with that huge head/small neck

Not to mention a whipped tail doesn't move as slow as molasses

About Sonic's quills....cacti aren't that sharp until you puncture them with enough force. I could make the same case for Sonic. And how strong is M2's tail anyway? And would it actually be able to pick up Sonic like you imply it can (Yoshi is too big to do that)? How flexible is it? Would it hinder it's balance in any way?

TL<M2.
Sonic's hair quil has no lethality

Mewtwo's tail has length and muscle to control it
The extra bulb at the end looks similar to that of a whip
Given, lessened speed due to tail size, but still enough force to give a good blow
(hopes Beren makes some equation for this)

I corrected your picture...

He's standing in this pic, but note that his feet has his weight on the balls of his feet and not the ball and sole. For a lower body that big and wide, he's gonna need more than that to support him. Then look at his tail. Normally animals extend their tails to give them balance. Most pokemon follow this(Zard, Squirt), but M2 doesn't. All this to say that he couldn't do this in real life. Anything with that kind of balance and weighs 270 lbs. is false.
As if those 270 lbs are brain weight
That's pure, toned muscle seeming to be compromised mostly in his lower body

Standing on the balls of feet isn't difficult
A human can do it
It's found in many martial arts

Just as in Lucario's case
Only Mewtwo has more of the muscle to remedy the lack of surface area Lucario has

Not to mention being bipedal means free movement to not fall down
The tail is hardly an issue when he has the base to maintain balance

I recall Payas questioning the validity of the Superscope due to the game it came from
Is Luigi even in that game?

Kuribo Shoes is a shoe which is absolutely useless
It's the equivilant of a sack used for a sack race

The Poltergust is laughable for a weapon
Luigi had easy access to hammers as he was from the same game

It's hardly complaining when a character is getting screwed over "just to make them different"

Because all in all, that is the ONLY reasoning there has been for taking hammers away from Luigi
A very poor reasoning, may I add

Well then define a even battlefield...
Oh wait...
"Even Battlefield" varies

My personal view of "even" battlefield is one, say, in the woods with scattered open fields

But even here, certain characters are given advantages

@Spit

No evidence of Sonic having harmful spit
Not one instance

Not to mention what type of hedgehog Sonic's based off of is uncertain

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, does Mewtwo lose to anyone except Yoshi, Sonic and the obvious lolphail characters like Kirby?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd like to point out something that I guess people didn't notice... mewtwo's frame is extremely far forward, so far from unbalancing him, the tail COUNTERBALANCES him, without it, he'd have extremely bad balance and probably fall flat on his face.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Omnivore or not, that isn't very notable for bite strength

Since he swallows everything whole

Mewtwo won't be getting his tail bitten
Mostly due to the fact that Yoshi has very, very limited range of biting with that huge head/small neck

Not to mention a whipped tail doesn't move as slow as molasses
Snakes swallow everything whole. Doesn't mean they can't have strong jaws. I have a ball python so I know ;). Just because he swallows things whole maens nothing about the power of his jaws. Yes, he has limited range, but if he uses that tail to aim for his neck, why can't Yoshi grab it? Why can't he roll over and bite it? And Yoshi has a whip like tongue as well, but no one cares....

Sonic's hair quil has no lethality

Mewtwo's tail has length and muscle to control it
The extra bulb at the end looks similar to that of a whip
Given, lessened speed due to tail size, but still enough force to give a good blow
(hopes Beren makes some equation for this)
The same equation that disproved Yoshi having a whip like tongue?
Sonic can control his quills as well. Look at the quote from Wiki I put up. So just because he hardly uses them doesn't mean that they aren't lethal. Not saying that they're OMG OHKO quills, but if M2 bashes them like you say he will, Sonic will probably die and M2 will bleed to death. Sounds like a draw to me.

And about his tail....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail#Function
You're saying that he has a tail like monkeys which can grasp things called a prehensile tail while I'm saying he has it for balance like cats and kangaroos. Both tails cannot function in the same way since his tail has to have bones in it similar to kangaroos or like spider monkeys. So for M2 to perform tail grabs and even attacks, it's going to affect his balance. M2 lacks that agility like monkeys so his tail has to be for balance, ruling out anything involving him grab anything with his tail. Not to mention, him actually picking up anything with his tail that big is far fetched.

As if those 270 lbs are brain weight
That's pure, toned muscle seeming to be compromised mostly in his lower body

Standing on the balls of feet isn't difficult
A human can do it
It's found in many martial arts

Just as in Lucario's case
Only Mewtwo has more of the muscle to remedy the lack of surface area Lucario has

Not to mention being bipedal means free movement to not fall down
The tail is hardly an issue when he has the base to maintain balance
How the heck is he toned when he relies on psionic powers? The thing has an obese lower body. And you don't see 270 lb humans moving on the balls of their feet all the time. Why? Because eventually you're going to hurt your ankles doing that. Martial artists normally aren't 270 lbs.

Lucario I can accept being toned since he actually walks. M2 levitates all the time, so when does he use muscle to become toned? :urg:

What exactly do you know in reality that has like no upper body and obese thighs and walks on the balls of their feet? The tail is the issue because of how his body is composed. If Squirt had no tail, he'd fail more than MK. Tails are very important to animals, and M2 is no exception.

I recall Payas questioning the validity of the Superscope due to the game it came from
Is Luigi even in that game?

Kuribo Shoes is a shoe which is absolutely useless
It's the equivilant of a sack used for a sack race

The Poltergust is laughable for a weapon
Luigi had easy access to hammers as he was from the same game

It's hardly complaining when a character is getting screwed over "just to make them different"

Because all in all, that is the ONLY reasoning there has been for taking hammers away from Luigi
A very poor reasoning, may I add
We also questioned the lasers of spacies and of Falcon. during that time, they sucked. Since JOE! has the future tech clause, the super scope is valid. Maybe Mario gets that back and Luigi gets the hammers and people get off my case, no?
And don't be hatin on the Kuribo shoes. If they were A 1s, you'd wear em lol.

"Even Battlefield" varies

My personal view of "even" battlefield is one, say, in the woods with scattered open fields

But even here, certain characters are given advantages

@Spit

Not one instance

So we leave the enviorment out of it altogether. Easiest and simpelest way to deal with it.

And we didn't know what kind of gorilla DK was...but just saying...

So, does Mewtwo lose to anyone except Yoshi, Sonic and the obvious lolphail characters like Kirby?
You be the judge, bro.

I'd like to point out something that I guess people didn't notice... mewtwo's frame is extremely far forward, so far from unbalancing him, the tail COUNTERBALANCES him, without it, he'd have extremely bad balance and probably fall flat on his face.
Are you supporting what I'm saying about the tail in a sense? I'm not too certain what you're saying here...

Sieguest

Smash Master

@Spit

Not one instance

In the case of Sonic and extreme anthropomorphism, I'd agree that Sonic probably wouldn't be pulling something like that.

The only thing I don't agree with is the last sentence, seeing as how the "type" of hedgehog would be irrelevant. As it seems the trait is common among all hedgehogs. Just throwing that out there.

a52735

Smash Rookie
Due to the old thread being abandoned by it's OP, I have taken the liberty of taking over the thread.

This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible.

For example, week one featured Link vs Marth. We took into account that Link had better armor overall than Marth due to having leather clothes, chainmail, and a shield. Marth only sported shoulderpads, while good for attacking his neck...left the rest of his body wide open.

ROUND 1 RESULTS:​

ROUND 2 RESULTS:​

ROUND 3 RESULTS:​

ROUND 4 RESULTS:​

ROUND 5 RESULTS:​

ROUND 5 RANKINGS

Rankings of the characters are based on their win/loss/draw ratio

A win adds +1 to their score, a draw adds nothing, and a loss adds -1 points

ON HOLD:

RETIRED: :yoshi2: , :sonic: , :dedede: , :squirtle: , :pichu: , :metaknight: , :jigglypuff: = :kirby2:
-retired characters are still ranked, so yoshi is 8th worst, while kirby/jigglypuff (they're just alphabetical) are the worst.

score x5:
:link2: , :samus:

score x4:
:ivysaur: <-so ****** that she has her own tier

score x3:
:diddy: , :falcon: , :mario2: , :ike: , :bowser2:

score x2:
:fox: , :snake:

score x1:
:luigi2: , :zelda:/:shiek: , :zerosuitsamus: , :ness2:

score x0:
:dk2: , :roymelee: , :pit: , :wolf:

score x-1:
:mewtwo: , :marth: , :lucario: , :pikachu2: , :lucas: , :popo:

score x-2:
:falco: , :wario:

score x-3:
:charizard: , :ganondorf: , :peach:

score x-4:
:drmario: (space filler :p )

score x-5:
:olimar:

Revisions round 4.5

DEADLIEST BOSS

META RIDLEY

GIGA BOWSER

RIDLEY

DUON

GALLEOM

PORKY

RAYQUAZA

PETEY PIRANHA

This Week's new matchup is......

:goomba: VS :shyguy:
WHEN THESE TITANS GO TO BATTLE...

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

Same stats as previous matches

viagra uk
buy tadalafil

CURRENT RANKINGS

this chart displays all past MU's and the like, and shows the rankings at the far right based upon win/loss

NEED TO BE DONE: (a WIN means the character being talked about beats the character on the list, wheras a LOSE means the character loses vs the character listed)

v. :snake:: DONE
:falcon: - Win
:fox: - Tie
:zerosuitsamus: -Tie

v. :luigi2:: DONE
:ness2: - Lose
:lucario: - Lose
:lucas: - Lose
:peach: - Lose
:toonlink: - Lose

v. :falco:: DONE
:zelda:/:shiek: - Win
:zerosuitsamus: - Lose

v.:marth:: DONE
:roymelee: - Lose
:pit: - Lose

v. :mewtwo::
:yoshi2:
:sonic:
:toonlink:

v. :lucario::
:lucas:
:popo:
:peach:
:ness2:

v. :pikachu2::
:yoshi2:

v. :wario::

v. :toonlink::
:lucas:
:dk2:
:ness2:

v. :charizard::

v. :sonic::
:squirtle:
Good job. :)

UncleSam

Smash Master
pretty much.
<3 TL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sadly I lost phantom hourglass, how am I supposed to 3 heart it if I don't have it?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
:toonlink::rocket:

Anyway, IMO Lucario loses every MU. And this is why....

@ JOE!:
I made the suggestion to give Luigi the Super Scope so that he could have a plausible weapon. Since the Spacies and Falcon have lasers that are lethal, the Scope should be valid. If not, give the tomahawks to weegee and Mario gets the Scope. That's why I haven't updated Luigi's MUs yet.

EDIT: @ REL:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8860296&postcount=14765

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Just sayin bro....when I refuted the different weapon thing, you corrected me. But still, if Mario gets the scope and Weegee the tomahawks, is that cool with you?
And yea, yellow is so lame....

JOE!

Smash Hero
so yeah

i think lucario loses vs Tink...peach...and ICs

so that leaves Olimar and the mother bois for discussion?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lucario would get bombed by the EB boys...and if not they have a stick and bat...GGs Luc.
And Olimar is taller than him...and Lucario has been known to eat plants....enter white Pikmin...GGs Luc...again...
And JOE! I need an answer with the Mario bros...

REL38

Smash Lord
Lucario would get bombed by the EB boys...and if not they have a stick and bat...GGs Luc.
And Olimar is taller than him...and Lucario has been known to eat plants....enter white Pikmin...GGs Luc...again...
And JOE! I need an answer with the Mario bros...
Oh, now I remember
Both get hammers, but only Mario gets a bomb

No scope since canon is questionable

Mother Boys have a myriad of knick-knaks to use

Olimar should be shorter than Lucario

Some more stuff

????

Profit

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Oh, now I remember
Both get hammers, but only Mario gets a bomb

No scope since canon is questionable

Mother Boys have a myriad of knick-knaks to use

Olimar should be shorter than Lucario

Some more stuff

????

Profit
How is teh scope questionable? And Oli was buffed to 4 ft and Luc is 3 ft and some change.
I c what ur trying 2 do....

REL38

Smash Lord
How is teh scope questionable? And Oli was buffed to 4 ft and Luc is 3 ft and some change.
I c what ur trying 2 do....
Payas pointed that out a good while ago

That the Super Scope toy needed a gimick game which just so starred some of the Mario Bros.
Not even sure Luigi's in it

Olimar is just way to big to be taller than Lucario
The image just doesn't settle well :/

JOE!

Smash Hero
if we switch up the mario bro.s' weapons, we'd need to go over their ranking again

also, lucario loses vs all but oli now?

(wanna get through with this, as I have in mind a whole new roster of brawlers for the new...season)

Top Bottom