• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That could work, but like you said before how strong is Pit?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/JCudney/Kid_Icarus.jpg

That Pit looks strong enough to accomplish that feat.

http://www.players4players.com/fotosnoticias/6323830184a537121d93be.jpg

This one doesn't.
And you really want to give him a hammer he hardly uses in comparison to his bow and arrow? Because of the bow is why he won so many matches, so by stripping him of his bow you actually hinder Pit than help him.
Unless thats your plan...
But THIS one who actually came from the games and probably served as a base for the Pit that we have in Brawl probably can do that feat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7bOnr_LYe8

3:10

After all, that one is big as Palutena and have some HUGE BULGING MUSCLES!

But if we can't allow that, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmCbf8zN1Y

Pit is not exactly a ****** compared to Marth. He is only one head below Marth. And let's not mention that Marth also isn't the most muscular person in the series eiher, nor is he the strongest.

And yeah, the hammer has enough force behind it to crush a human skull and impale another one in under two seconds.

Now replace skull with shield and the other skull with Marth. Sure, Marth may survive that, but having an injury like that would cripple him.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
But THIS one who actually came from the games and probably served as a base for the Pit that we have in Brawl probably can do that feat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7bOnr_LYe8

3:10

After all, that one is big as Palutena and have some HUGE BULGING MUSCLES!

But if we can't allow that, then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmCbf8zN1Y

Pit is not exactly a ****** compared to Marth. He is only one head below Marth. And let's not mention that Marth also isn't the most muscular person in the series eiher, nor is he the strongest.

And yeah, the hammer has enough force behind it to crush a human skull and impale another one in under two seconds.

Now replace skull with shield and the other skull with Marth. Sure, Marth may survive that, but having an injury like that would cripple him.
Oh yea we did decide on that Pit. Too bad his muscles have nothing on mines :chuckle:

And I'm aware marth isn't the strongest in FE either. You can tell by the hair lol.

And should Pit have both his hammer and arrows? Would only make sense...

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I went surfing for a better idea of what Marth is equipped with, and I came across his original box art for Fire Emblem:

Judging by this, he doesn't appear to be that strong. I feel like the tipper mechanics in Brawl make him out to be a lot stronger than he actually is. I'd say that Marth and Pit are similar in terms of strength, though Marth may be slightly taller.

So down to business. Since shooting arrows doesn't seem a plausible strategy here, it seems that Pit's best equipment would be his hammer, a quiver of arrows, and his shield. (I am, however, reluctant to say that blocking a sword strike with the shield could result in throwing Marth to the ground; as their both the same stature, I don't see this happening, and it just doesn't seem realistic. [Ha, realistic :laugh:] At most he might slightly set him off balance.) Marth, on the other hand, has nothing but his sword to rely on. (He didn't have a shield before so we can't give him one now.)

The battle commences. Marth would charge in immediately and start hacking away with his sword, and Pit would parry attacks with his sword. At this point, I feel Pit's best option is to hold an arrow in his other hand; as long as Pit is adept at using his shield, all he must do is wait until he can parry or sidestep one of Marth's attacks long enough to jam an arrow into his arm (or any part of his body really). If he strikes Marth in his sword arm, then it's game over - getting a shot to the head at that point shouldn't be difficult at all. If it's anywhere else, the pain alone would serve to disable and distract Marth. If he's still lucid enough to fight effectively, Pit just repeats until he's in such a bad state that Pit has time to raise the hammer and bring it down on his head, thus ending the match.

Of course, the central question to all of this remains: can Marth attack better than Pit can defend, or is it vice versa?

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Lol I tried finding Kid Icarus but didn't, maybe cover art isn't the best judge :chuckle:

Also, seconds on the even gayer than usual on Marth o_o;

So what's the verdict on their respective sizes? Even or is Marth larger, and by how much?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It's not a miniskirt, it's just a very long shirt.

He is wearing absolutely nothing at all down there. Nothing at all. NOTHING AT ALL.

Anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisca

The Roman historian Procopius (c. 500 - 565) described the Franks and their use of throwing axes:

"...each man carried a sword and shield and an axe. Now the iron head of this weapon was thick and exceedingly sharp on both sides while the wooden handle was very short. And they are accustomed always to throw these axes at one signal in the first charge and thus shatter the shields of the enemy and kill the men."

I am not saying that axes=hammers, but they do have a very similar structure. I bet that, by throwing force alone, Pit could shatter Marth's shield in long range if Marth tries to block it. And if he doesn't, then Pit already won. And Pit could find a buttload of hammers in his game, so losing one wouldn't really matter.

Then Pit takes the chance to go close and do what we established he would do. Anyway I'll clear up on how Pit would make Marth lose balance. I am talking about Pit tackling Marth with the shield to down him or just delivering a powerfull blow to do it, not blocking his attack and making him suddenly fall on his knees.

And then Pit would finish Marth up with his hands alone. It takes 80lbs of pressure to crush a testicle. The hand can squeeze up to 150lbs.

Marth's balls are ****ed.

Well, he could do that or use the hammer to crush his head. Just like in that real life photo of a war-hammered skull!

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
It's not a miniskirt, it's just a very long shirt.

He is wearing absolutely nothing at all down there. Nothing at all. NOTHING AT ALL.

Anyway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisca

The Roman historian Procopius (c. 500 - 565) described the Franks and their use of throwing axes:

"...each man carried a sword and shield and an axe. Now the iron head of this weapon was thick and exceedingly sharp on both sides while the wooden handle was very short. And they are accustomed always to throw these axes at one signal in the first charge and thus shatter the shields of the enemy and kill the men."

I am not saying that axes=hammers, but they do have a very similar structure. I bet that, by throwing force alone, Pit could shatter Marth's shield in long range if Marth tries to block it. And if he doesn't, then Pit already won. And Pit could find a buttload of hammers in his game, so losing one wouldn't really matter.

Then Pit takes the chance to go close and do what we established he would do. Anyway I'll clear up on how Pit would make Marth lose balance. I am talking about Pit tackling Marth with the shield to down him or just delivering a powerfull blow to do it, not blocking his attack and making him suddenly fall on his knees.
Buttloads seems a bit unrealistic, but I could see him having two - one in his hand and one on his hip (the other hip is for his quiver of arrows). I'm also still unsure as to whether Pit could knock Marth over, even if he did tackle him; this is why I'd like to decide what their relative sizes are. If Marth's significantly bigger than him, he's not going to have enough force to topple him. The only way I could see that happening is if he gained some momentum first, and if he charges directly at Marth, all Marth has to do is sidestep him and take a stab - game over :/

So let's make a decision. Obviously Pit isn't going to be larger than Marth, but are they the same size? Or is Marth bigger, and by how much?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Buttloads seems a bit unrealistic, but I could see him having two - one in his hand and one on his hip (the other hip is for his quiver of arrows). I'm also still unsure as to whether Pit could knock Marth over, even if he did tackle him; this is why I'd like to decide what their relative sizes are. If Marth's significantly bigger than him, he's not going to have enough force to topple him. The only way I could see that happening is if he gained some momentum first, and if he charges directly at Marth, all Marth has to do is sidestep him and take a stab - game over :/

So let's make a decision. Obviously Pit isn't going to be larger than Marth, but are they the same size? Or is Marth bigger, and by how much?
A teenage boy grows exceptionally fast which Pit is, and males will usually outgrow adults (I'm taller then both my parents by like 4-5 inches already), pit will have well... more of him then marth and will hit harder. Marth has experience tho and could stop the charge, but with the shock from a hammer blow that could change.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
K, so does it say Luigi loses against every single character in that bracket? Cause I know for sure Luigi would at LEAST beat Peach. Dunno bout the others.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
A teenage boy grows exceptionally fast which Pit is, and males will usually outgrow adults (I'm taller then both my parents by like 4-5 inches already), pit will have well... more of him then marth and will hit harder. Marth has experience tho and could stop the charge, but with the shock from a hammer blow that could change.
But Marth isn't an adult; if I'm not mistaken, he's somewhere between 18 and 23, right?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Pit has a shield similar to this one, which was used in ancient Greece:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scutum_1.jpg

It was called scutum.

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/scutum.html

ctrl-F and search weight. Look for Dura Europas Scutum

That shield weights 12 pounds.

http://silverssimstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/pit-mirrorshieldgold.jpg

Pit's shield is obviously heavier because it has an inside made out of steel.
Which absorbs blows worse than wooden shields but doesn't break as easily as wooden ones. This will be important in case Pit fights a powerhouse like Ganondorf or Ike later. And that important thing is NOT good for Pit.

Pit has the heavier equipment but Marth has more Mass. This should mean that they are roughly equal.

Anyway, if Pit really was trained by Palutena in order to command his army,then he should have learned how to use that weapon. Greek soldiers were trained so they could learn how to put all of their weights in concentrated spots to take hits and tackle enemies with similar sizes and weight. This was usualy compensate by enemy soldiers by having a very similar training.

But Marth does not have that kind of training here. He comes from a time were the battle was won by the skillfull use of cavalry and archers, leaving infantry to deal with whatever weak force survived the onslaught. Because of that, he should not have the skils or the experience to deal with a soldier from a civilization whose main force consisted on infantry.

So Pit should have the better chances to win.

But Marth isn't an adult; if I'm not mistaken, he's somewhere between 18 and 23, right?
15 in fire emblem part 1, 18 in part 2. Each war took one year to finish and there was a 2-year timeskip between each part, so he could be anywhere from 15 to 19 years old.

So he is not that old compared to Pit.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Pit has a shield similar to this one, which was used in ancient Greece:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scutum_1.jpg

It was called scutum.

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/scutum.html

ctrl-F and search weight. Look for Dura Europas Scutum

That shield weights 12 pounds.

http://silverssimstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/pit-mirrorshieldgold.jpg

Pit's shield is obviously heavier because it has an inside made out of steel.
Which absorbs blows worse than wooden shields but doesn't break as easily as wooden ones. This will be important in case Pit fights a powerhouse like Ganondorf or Ike later. And that important thing is NOT good for Pit.

Pit has the heavier equipment but Marth has more Mass. This should mean that they are roughly equal.

Anyway, if Pit really was trained by Palutena in order to command his army,then he should have learned how to use that weapon. Greek soldiers were trained so they could learn how to put all of their weights in concentrated spots to take hits and tackle enemies with similar sizes and weight. This was usualy compensate by enemy soldiers by having a very similar training.

But Marth does not have that kind of training here. He comes from a time were the battle was won by the skillfull use of cavalry and archers, leaving infantry to deal with whatever weak force survived the onslaught. Because of that, he should not have the skils or the experience to deal with a soldier from a civilization whose main force consisted on infantry.

So Pit should have the better chances to win.

15 in fire emblem part 1, 18 in part 2. Each war took one year to finish and there was a 2-year timeskip between each part, so he could be anywhere from 15 to 19 years old.

So he is not that old compared to Pit.
Mmmm. So they're basically the same weight/size, but Pit has more experience in this type of combat. Seems good to me. If I was going to call this match, I'd say Pit wins, but he only has a slight advantage, as Marth is still quicker on his feet and has range. Disagreements?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So it sounds like Pit wins this MU?

And @ Yonder, I asked people for their input for weapons, and everyone has practically ignored Luigi. Seems like he has the vacuum only.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
So it sounds like Pit wins this MU?

And @ Yonder, I asked people for their input for weapons, and everyone has practically ignored Luigi. Seems like he has the vacuum only.
Yea, barring any objections I'd say Pit won this, by a narrow margin and with Palutena's blessing

payasofobia

Smash Champion
So Marth:

Loses against Roy.

Wins against Charizard.

Loses against Pit.

Guess he is the next Ganon. Who shall we review next?

I say we review Link vs Ike. I just found some new proof and knowledge that could help him tie or even win the match. That proof being the shield thingy info I just found and armour actually being capable of deflecting arrows.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*drops by randomly*

In-game stats are meaningless since their only useful comparison is internally.

You have other stuff to look at for Marth vs. Roy, please do a bit more digging.

*vanishes*

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yea, barring any objections I'd say Pit won this, by a narrow margin and with Palutena's blessing

Great. I'll update the chart tonight.
Next is Mewtwo v. Yoshi, Sonic, and Tink.

So Marth:

Loses against Roy.

Wins against Charizard.

Loses against Pit.

Guess he is the next Ganon. Who shall we review next?

I say we review Link vs Ike. I just found some new proof and knowledge that could help him tie or even win the match. That proof being the shield thingy info I just found and armour actually being capable of deflecting arrows.
We did Link v. Ike already. But if you have proof tht your boi Ike can beat Link then post it and we can make a call from there.

*drops by randomly*

In-game stats are meaningless since their only useful comparison is internally.

You have other stuff to look at for Marth vs. Roy, please do a bit more digging.

*vanishes*
Then drop some know-how about the MU. Don't be a stranger man...

*misses the good days when Paya and Adum had their debates...*

EDIT: Chart updated except for Luigi MUs; I'll wait a bit longer and see if anyone has anything for him to use. This also means I have some final results for some more characters:

:fox: 35-1-2
:falcon: 30-8
:falco: 32-6
:snake: 34-1-3
:zerosuitsamus: 34-3-1
:zelda:/:shiek: 30-8
:roymelee: 23-14-1
:marth: 22-16

So now the chart is updated and JOE! can update that part of the OP.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*pops in again*

It's more about school then anything else. I have projects I'm working on, and when I get directly involved, you know how in-depth I go.

*vanishes*

payasofobia

Smash Champion
We did Link v. Ike already. But if you have proof tht your boi Ike can beat Link then post it and we can make a call from there.

1) The fact that the Hylian shield is made up of metal would seriously diminish the impact that it absorbs. A hit from a strong weapon like, say, a two hander would transfer all the force without issues into Link's arm, maybe even breaking it if the blow is strong enough. And because of this, any hit into Link's shield would most likely make him lose balance or simply lose his shield (as in dropping it into the ground) because of the impact of the blow.

This reason right here is why all shields were made out of wood in the olden times. Metals suck when it comes to being good shields.

But I am aware that Link has a wooden shield, but then Ike also has a tomahawk. These weapons could easily chop and break shields when they impacted them when thrown.

So: Link uses Metal shield? Ike gets close and any hit, shielded or not, counts. He either shields, feels the full impact of the force, gets his arm injured and falls down which equals death in these scenarios. If he doesn't, then he is chopped.

And if he uses a wooden shield, then Ike throws a tomahawk, breaks his shield making it useless and then just goes for the kill.

Add this to an incredible close combat skills that surprass that of Link's and you got yourself an insta win here.

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour

Ctrl-F arrows. Plate mail I.E high quality armour could deflect arrows with little issues unless said arrows were fired incredibly close to the armoured person because of the materials, how slippery metal was and the curved angle armour has.

I'll say it right now, Ike does not have a complete armour set, so his protection is limited. But he does have something that could double for a nice replacement if used well.

He has some a complete set in his left arm. He will use it to protect his lower torso when he is approaching Link, and while his legs and head are uncovered, it is indeed very hard to target those body areas in the real life. This is the reason why sharpshooters always go for the torso: trying to hit the head or the legs is pretty **** hard, especialy if the person is moving.

Also, Ike won't need to approach that much actualy.

He only needs to be 75 feet or less from Link to reach him technicaly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG1STYKMF8&feature=related

Look at this video. It only took one second for an axe to reach a target 75 feet away from him, and it dealt nice damage to a sturdy target like the piece of wood.

So Ike just needs to get just within 75 feet to throw an axe to Link, forcing him to block. Dodging with such a fast projectile coming towards you is almost impossible unless you do a mad flip that throws you into the ground. Then Ike uses this chance to do a mad dash towards Link while he is recovering from the blow and get close enough for Link to consider ditching the Long bow for the sword.

Ike could also throw even more axes while approaching. Ike isn't limited by one in his games. He could bring three.

JOE!

Smash Hero
isnt the hylian/hero hield wooden, but with a metal coating?

EDIT: also, on the chart, Charizard beats marth again?

this particular MU is flipping so constantly...lol

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Marth wins against failrizard.

Also, being made out of wood with a metal coating just gives it the worst of both worlds and ends up very heavy.

A better and more historicaly correct coating would be leather. Which reminds me that Link's wooden shield lacks leather, so it would break even more easily.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
he still has a long way to go.

Well I'm still playing catchup to him so :ohwell:

1) The fact that the Hylian shield is made up of metal would seriously diminish the impact that it absorbs. A hit from a strong weapon like, say, a two hander would transfer all the force without issues into Link's arm, maybe even breaking it if the blow is strong enough. And because of this, any hit into Link's shield would most likely make him lose balance or simply lose his shield (as in dropping it into the ground) because of the impact of the blow.

This reason right here is why all shields were made out of wood in the olden times. Metals suck when it comes to being good shields.

But I am aware that Link has a wooden shield, but then Ike also has a tomahawk. These weapons could easily chop and break shields when they impacted them when thrown.

So: Link uses Metal shield? Ike gets close and any hit, shielded or not, counts. He either shields, feels the full impact of the force, gets his arm injured and falls down which equals death in these scenarios. If he doesn't, then he is chopped.

And if he uses a wooden shield, then Ike throws a tomahawk, breaks his shield making it useless and then just goes for the kill.

Add this to an incredible close combat skills that surprass that of Link's and you got yourself an insta win here.

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armour

Ctrl-F arrows. Plate mail I.E high quality armour could deflect arrows with little issues unless said arrows were fired incredibly close to the armoured person because of the materials, how slippery metal was and the curved angle armour has.

I'll say it right now, Ike does not have a complete armour set, so his protection is limited. But he does have something that could double for a nice replacement if used well.

He has some a complete set in his left arm. He will use it to protect his lower torso when he is approaching Link, and while his legs and head are uncovered, it is indeed very hard to target those body areas in the real life. This is the reason why sharpshooters always go for the torso: trying to hit the head or the legs is pretty **** hard, especialy if the person is moving.

Also, Ike won't need to approach that much actualy.

He only needs to be 75 feet or less from Link to reach him technicaly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG1STYKMF8&feature=related

Look at this video. It only took one second for an axe to reach a target 75 feet away from him, and it dealt nice damage to a sturdy target like the piece of wood.

So Ike just needs to get just within 75 feet to throw an axe to Link, forcing him to block. Dodging with such a fast projectile coming towards you is almost impossible unless you do a mad flip that throws you into the ground. Then Ike uses this chance to do a mad dash towards Link while he is recovering from the blow and get close enough for Link to consider ditching the Long bow for the sword.

Ike could also throw even more axes while approaching. Ike isn't limited by one in his games. He could bring three.
This would be cool...except Link didn't beat Ike by his sword skills. The fact that he has a bow makes the whole first point kinda invalid. He would never allow the battle to become close range so shielding anything is uncalled for.

Now about the armor, as you said yourself Ike doesn't have a entire set of armor. So a shot from the bow on his right side is death for Ike. Matterfact, Link can still hit the torso or his chest and kill Ike. If it isn't a kill it's going to be a fatal injury.

Next about the tomahawks. Sure Ike can throw them 75 feet, but look at how much has to be done for that to happen. He has to throw it with two hands, over his head, and hit Link with it. 75 yards is long enough to see a tomahawk coming and move. And remember Link is no slouch at moving, so I can't see that happening either. By the time Ike commits to throwing the tomahawk, Link has an arrow drawn and is aiming for his neck.

And maybe you forgot, but Link also has bombs; Ike has no real answer for those. Such if he does get close, uses his sleeve of armor to tank arrows (100 mind you), and gets into range to try and tomahawk Link, he can launch a bomb as well to Ike.

And since I feel creative, if Link can light his bombs, then why can't he throw them and while they're airborne, shoot an arrow? Instant explosion. :p

isnt the hylian/hero hield wooden, but with a metal coating?

EDIT: also, on the chart, Charizard beats marth again?

this particular MU is flipping so constantly...lol
Charizard has fire in that MU and he lost. There's no need to review that one. but if you want me to I can disprove Zard winning in detail.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Alright, first order of business on the new matchup: what weapons do the fighters have?

Mewtwo: I'd say he retains his aura powers and can also use moves he would have learned in the Pokemon series, TMs included

Yoshi: In Yoshi's Island, there are three different types of melons he can ingest that give him certain power, those being the water melon, which allows him to spit seeds; the fire melon, which allows him to breath fire three times; and the ice melon, which allows him to breath ice three times. While he probably couldn't carry three melons in a real fight, he could probably bring one.

Sonic: I figure it's safe to say he keeps all of the powerups from his game; I can only remember his light dash shoes, but I'm sure one of you can name some more.

Tink: Of course he's got the sword and shield; my only questions are about his bombs and arrows - how many of each does he get? Also, should he be able to bring a fairy/milk along with him? Oh yea, and grapple shot is also a go. Guess I should include his boomerang too. Actually, how many of these things can he actually carry?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Alright, first order of business on the new matchup: what weapons do the fighters have?

Mewtwo: I'd say he retains his aura powers and can also use moves he would have learned in the Pokemon series, TMs included

Yoshi: In Yoshi's Island, there are three different types of melons he can ingest that give him certain power, those being the water melon, which allows him to spit seeds; the fire melon, which allows him to breath fire three times; and the ice melon, which allows him to breath ice three times. While he probably couldn't carry three melons in a real fight, he could probably bring one.

Sonic: I figure it's safe to say he keeps all of the powerups from his game; I can only remember his light dash shoes, but I'm sure one of you can name some more.

Tink: Of course he's got the sword and shield; my only questions are about his bombs and arrows - how many of each does he get? Also, should he be able to bring a fairy/milk along with him? Oh yea, and grapple shot is also a go. Guess I should include his boomerang too. Actually, how many of these things can he actually carry?
Phail...

This is transposed into real life and aproximately current tech level on earth. Basically if it couldn't have evolved, and we can't produce it (exceptions for things that current science tells us is possible, but we can't produce yet) it's out.

Basically, read the OP.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
So Mewtwo is just...a thing? With arms and a tail? He's kinda screwed. Sonic doesn't have much to work with either. Would Yoshi still be able to jump?

And there's still the question of how much stuff Tink can carry. Which is also kind of dependent on how large his bombs are.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
We previously explored a lot of those issues, take a look at the back posts.

They all have issues to varying degrees, but we went pretty indepth into a number of them.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Now about the armor, as you said yourself Ike doesn't have a entire set of armor. So a shot from the bow on his right side is death for Ike. Matterfact, Link can still hit the torso or his chest and kill Ike. If it isn't a kill it's going to be a fatal injury.
Not the chest seeing it is protected by plate mail. And about the torso, I said it in the post. Ike will be covering said spot with his gigantic arm protection while appraching. And while his side is unprotected, if the arena is open ended and Ike can see where Link is facing, then Ike won't let Link go to his side to harm him and will always be facing him.

Also, I am going to clear up something. Ike will not be approaching with his chest facing Link. He will be approaching sideways like a crab. This will let his arm protection, his armour skirt, his chest armour and his leg armour cover the most out of the vulnerable body when approaching Link.

This is how protected Ike would be if he approaches from the side. All the parts not coloured are his weak spots. Said weakspots are the hardest parts of the body to snipe from afar and he could even grab Ragnell with his left hand to cover his legs even further.

Next about the tomahawks. Sure Ike can throw them 75 feet, but look at how much has to be done for that to happen. He has to throw it with two hands, over his head, and hit Link with it. 75 yards is long enough to see a tomahawk coming and move. And remember Link is no slouch at moving, so I can't see that happening either. By the time Ike commits to throwing the tomahawk, Link has an arrow drawn and is aiming for his neck.
It took that much time to throw it because the man was calculating how to throw it and he wasn't under pressure. Have someone skilled enough to throw an axe and it becomes much faster than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PyBZd0z1tM

Just look at some of these guys.

You can also throw it with one hand if the need arises, liek it is shown in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prl3YFep7TE

And maybe you forgot, but Link also has bombs; Ike has no real answer for those. Such if he does get close, uses his sleeve of armor to tank arrows (100 mind you), and gets into range to try and tomahawk Link, he can launch a bomb as well to Ike.

And since I feel creative, if Link can light his bombs, then why can't he throw them and while they're airborne, shoot an arrow? Instant explosion. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior

Look at the pirate vs Knight synopsis. The grenade couldn't penetrate the knight's armour, even at incredibly close ranges. If Ike is approaching like I said + protecting his leg with Ragnell, then Ike wouldn't take that much damage.

But the bomb has other issues. one being the relatively long amount of time they take to blow up. Bombs like the ones Link uses weren't even used for standard combat because of this. They were used mostly in tight places were dodging explosions is a lot more difficult. In open areas they are a lot more easy to dodge, the only thing to worry about being the shrapnel, that with enough distance from it said shrapnels would be very spreadt, losing their damage capabilities.

Link could cook up the bomb before he throws it, but then Ike would see the bomb in Link's hand long before he throws it and prepare himself for it.

And then there is the general unreliability with bombs. They are very likely to blow up on your face. Not to mention the worse range than the tomahawks and the fact that, once Ike gets in close range, using them is suicide.

And also the fact that these things are very ****ing huge, and his bags can't realisticaly carry more than one.

And Link blowing up the bomb with his arrows seems pretty darn unrealistic.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Well, it is known to science that things like brain waves exist. It is also known that some electromagnetic energy can upset electrical signals, including nerve impulses, though this sort of thing is only really known to occur in people with disorders like weak nerves in areas like the heart, etc. Also, areas open to reception such as the senses are known to be effected by electromagnetic energies, such as radiation and stuff. So, theoretically, Mewtwo could have some sort of ability to build such energy in his mind, and then release. Probably the most plausible ability would be confusion. It may not be something common to creatures of our day, but let's remember that he was genetically engineered.

Yoshi would just be a weird, dinosaur like creature. I'd imagine him to be a slow, small, fat velociraptor kinda thing. Would probably be really strong, but slow and clumsy, considering how anatomically off he is. He'd be dangerous to get close to. I also don't think he could run that fast, considering that his head is so huge, it would make him top heavy, and front heavy. Also, that huge jump just completely defies to laws of physics. A sticky tongue is plausible, and would be annoying as **** if he got you. It'd be like that scary *** plant thing from jumanji, if you know what I'm saying...

Sonic could definitely NOT run that fast. None of his gadgets make any sense. He'd just be a walking, talking, deformed hedgehog, and would probably get ***** to death by all the weird sonic furrys before he could do any damage.

Toon link would not have his bombs, or else be very slow. His arrows and boomerang, fine. But all that stuff would make him clumsy. His sword skills are minimal, and his sword is very short. His mirror shield would be interesting, blinding enemies, though it honestly wouldn't work to well against blows, unless it has a strong steel backing, i which case that would shatter anyways.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Which back post? I'm fine with going back but...there are 1155 page O_O lol I'd have no clue where to look, is there an index with links? I looked in previous matchups but only found brief blurbs concerning past battles

UncleSam

Smash Master
Which back post? I'm fine with going back but...there are 1155 page O_O lol I'd have no clue where to look, is there an index with links? I looked in previous matchups but only found brief blurbs concerning past battles
lrn to 40ppp jk I only have 433 pages in this thread lol
what I do is find a M2 matchup in the OP that's linked,
find that post,
look at posts preceding it
???
profit

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Not the chest seeing it is protected by plate mail. And about the torso, I said it in the post. Ike will be covering said spot with his gigantic arm protection while appraching. And while his side is unprotected, if the arena is open ended and Ike can see where Link is facing, then Ike won't let Link go to his side to harm him and will always be facing him.

Also, I am going to clear up something. Ike will not be approaching with his chest facing Link. He will be approaching sideways like a crab. This will let his arm protection, his armour skirt, his chest armour and his leg armour cover the most out of the vulnerable body when approaching Link.

This is how protected Ike would be if he approaches from the side. All the parts not coloured are his weak spots. Said weakspots are the hardest parts of the body to snipe from afar and he could even grab Ragnell with his left hand to cover his legs even further.
I'm still not buying it. I figured you meant walking like a crab when I read it the first time, but then how effective is moving like a crab? Not very well; crabs would rather walk like us than the method they're forced to use. And you're implying that Link can't just shoot him from a different angle. If you're serious about him walking like a crab, then Link can just run away and fire. Going in a circle can also expose Ike's weak side. And with 100 arrows, Link can do this all day. His armor can tank a few arrows, but 100? Link would always have Ike on the defensive as long as he has arrows.

It took that much time to throw it because the man was calculating how to throw it and he wasn't under pressure. Have someone skilled enough to throw an axe and it becomes much faster than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PyBZd0z1tM

Just look at some of these guys.

You can also throw it with one hand if the need arises, liek it is shown in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prl3YFep7TE
That's not really the point I was getting at. Link's bow is so much more effective at long range than Ike's tomahawk could ever be. It's faster, more accurate, and more lethal. And as I said before he has to aim the thing before he throws. If Ike tried to aim then he'd expose himself for Link to take a shot at him. Mute point IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior

Look at the pirate vs Knight synopsis. The grenade couldn't penetrate the knight's armour, even at incredibly close ranges. If Ike is approaching like I said + protecting his leg with Ragnell, then Ike wouldn't take that much damage.

But the bomb has other issues. one being the relatively long amount of time they take to blow up. Bombs like the ones Link uses weren't even used for standard combat because of this. They were used mostly in tight places were dodging explosions is a lot more difficult. In open areas they are a lot more easy to dodge, the only thing to worry about being the shrapnel, that with enough distance from it said shrapnels would be very spreadt, losing their damage capabilities.

Link could cook up the bomb before he throws it, but then Ike would see the bomb in Link's hand long before he throws it and prepare himself for it.

And then there is the general unreliability with bombs. They are very likely to blow up on your face. Not to mention the worse range than the tomahawks and the fact that, once Ike gets in close range, using them is suicide.

And also the fact that these things are very ****ing huge, and his bags can't realisticaly carry more than one.

And Link blowing up the bomb with his arrows seems pretty darn unrealistic.
Why wouldn't the arrow idea work? Either way, maybe the bomb doesn't do that to armored people...but Ike isn't fully armored. Link has too many lethal weapons for a sleeve of armor that Ike has. And Link can use the bomb to distract him and pop him with an arrow.

Well, it is known to science that things like brain waves exist. It is also known that some electromagnetic energy can upset electrical signals, including nerve impulses, though this sort of thing is only really known to occur in people with disorders like weak nerves in areas like the heart, etc. Also, areas open to reception such as the senses are known to be effected by electromagnetic energies, such as radiation and stuff. So, theoretically, Mewtwo could have some sort of ability to build such energy in his mind, and then release. Probably the most plausible ability would be confusion. It may not be something common to creatures of our day, but let's remember that he was genetically engineered.

Yoshi would just be a weird, dinosaur like creature. I'd imagine him to be a slow, small, fat velociraptor kinda thing. Would probably be really strong, but slow and clumsy, considering how anatomically off he is. He'd be dangerous to get close to. I also don't think he could run that fast, considering that his head is so huge, it would make him top heavy, and front heavy. Also, that huge jump just completely defies to laws of physics. A sticky tongue is plausible, and would be annoying as **** if he got you. It'd be like that scary *** plant thing from jumanji, if you know what I'm saying...

Sonic could definitely NOT run that fast. None of his gadgets make any sense. He'd just be a walking, talking, deformed hedgehog, and would probably get ***** to death by all the weird sonic furrys before he could do any damage.

Toon link would not have his bombs, or else be very slow. His arrows and boomerang, fine. But all that stuff would make him clumsy. His sword skills are minimal, and his sword is very short. His mirror shield would be interesting, blinding enemies, though it honestly wouldn't work to well against blows, unless it has a strong steel backing, i which case that would shatter anyways.
Mewtwo has a body based on a kangaroo, so he walks like them but with less balance because of how his foot is shaped. He's 6 ft tall though, so he would kill most enemies with his tail or strong legs. Any other energy-based things are unrealistic.

Yoshi is also about 6 ft, but his head is so big and his neck isnt that he has to keep on the ground. He can push up but it won't last long. But his headbutts and body slams kill.

Sonic has the same problem as Yoshi, except it's the quills on his back that keep Sonic on all 4s since he cannot support himself bipedally. Hitting someone with his quills is his method of winning.

TL has arrows, bombs, boomerang, and sword and shield. His weapons and skill aren't as strong as regular Link, but he still has them.

Top Bottom