• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
Link had 5 wins. SO now we move on to 4. Bowser had 3 so we'll get to him.
I just thought you were randomly picking high ranking characters.

I thought we did it because of Shelda...does this really need justification?
If JOE! took out ZSS then how much more grief would he have gotten?
We probably should have taken out Pichu though, now that I think about it...:ohwell:
JOE be cuttin' up

Tsk, tsk

JOE!

Smash Hero
you know, doctor mario couldve been cool

cus you know, he prescribe spoison to the fighters after their battles....

auto-wins...

sammy p

Smash Lord
so this may be a REALLY stupid question, so dont yell at me, but are you planning to keep this going or is this tier list the end of it? cuz its not like a posted at all, but i lurked this thread more than anything since ive been here hahahah

UncleSam

Smash Master

auto-wins...
so you're talking about characters that should are the same and stuff and you bring up doctor mario.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

sammy p- I think we still go on and modify the list every so often.
we still have many MU's to go.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
My predictions for the next round.

Bowser > Mewtwo
Bowser > Pit
Charizard < Zamus
Mewtwo > Olimar

Galleom > Ridley
Galleom > Meta Ridley

@Galleom: I have a concept I've been using for a character of mine for his skeleton. For vertical movement of the arms, it uses a sort of MagLev track system underneath the shell covering the shoulder joint, with the main servomotor is on the main torso. Galleom's lower arms make use of my experimental pivot joint design (I cannot provide a picture, I have forgotten my password for my Photobucket account).

It consist of a set of three (or nine) gears, two large one (or sets) and a single, smaller gear (or one set), mounted on a frame that is connected to a pin at the base of the lower arm, holding the gears together and allowing it to connect with the 3/4 gear(s) also on the base of the arm (which is stationary). It's power is controlled by a main servomotor in the arm, that also shares functionality with other motors controlling the hands.

Apply the same concept to his legs, and make his pole-like forearms be made of a steel core rod wrapped in titanium wire with fiber optic cables interwoven into them, making the forearms exceedingly strong and flexible despite their thickness.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I just thought you were randomly picking high ranking characters.

Yea...but I'll work on Ivy. Hopefully I get help from other people this time lol.

JOE be cuttin' up

Tsk, tsk

Lol. JOE! can't win for losing. You'd think he was a politician or something.

auto-wins...
Not really. We give Doc needles of H1N1 and he kills every1.
lololol.

so this may be a REALLY stupid question, so dont yell at me, but are you planning to keep this going or is this tier list the end of it? cuz its not like a posted at all, but i lurked this thread more than anything since ive been here hahahah
We won't have this thread end. Rd. 6 will feature more characters. So we're just wrapping up that's all.

so you're talking about characters that should are the same and stuff and you bring up doctor mario.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this.

sammy p- I think we still go on and modify the list every so often.
we still have many MU's to go.

Well know this. Sheik and Zelda are the same. Link and Young/Toon Link are roughly the same. Mario and Doc are the same. So what more do you need to respond to?

*Bro fist*

UncleSam

Smash Master
@Galleom: I have a concept I've been using for a character of mine for his skeleton. For vertical movement of the arms, it uses a sort of MagLev track system underneath the shell covering the shoulder joint, with the main servomotor is on the main torso. Galleom's lower arms make use of my experimental pivot joint design (I cannot provide a picture, I have forgotten my password for my Photobucket account).

It consist of a set of three (or nine) gears, two large one (or sets) and a single, smaller gear (or one set), mounted on a frame that is connected to a pin at the base of the lower arm, holding the gears together and allowing it to connect with the 3/4 gear(s) also on the base of the arm (which is stationary). It's power is controlled by a main servomotor in the arm, that also shares functionality with other motors controlling the hands.

Apply the same concept to his legs, and make his pole-like forearms be made of a steel core rod wrapped in titanium wire with fiber optic cables interwoven into them, making the forearms exceedingly strong and flexible despite their thickness.
Meta Ridley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galleom

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Sam: it was a joke :p

@Boss fights: theyre done and over with...

@continuation: afterthe tier list is done for smash characters, other character will join in (like MEga Man....)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ REL:
If Pichu gets the boot then TL should come back.
And yea I quit on solarbeam.

@ JOE!:
Just bring back TL since we're gonna input more chars. Just input an odd # so it balances out. Problem and ranting solved.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, but still (relates to Pichu and Zamus too i guess) what is the point of having those kinds of characters where there are clearly "clone" superiors of them?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
ok, but still (relates to Pichu and Zamus too i guess) what is the point of having those kinds of characters where there are clearly "clone" superiors of them?
So that you don't catch heat like you're doing now. It's either this, Pichu, TL, Sheik, ect. So it may be better off if you allow them all in for Rd. 6. From what I've witnessed in this thread, you get bashed quite often and this seems to be the most peaceful way to go about this.

JOE!

Smash Hero
either way i get bashed because it's impossible to please everyone.

Im like sakurai only im able to be contacted directly...

Anywho, all i am saying is this:

Why have Toon Link/Pichu/Zamus when there is Adult link/Pikachu/Samus, which is toon link/Pichu/Zamus 2.0?

(or to get even weirder, Zamus/Shiek and Samus/Zelda when they'r ethe SAME PERSON?)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
The question is, do you really want an answer to that?
Considering you lose either way, adding characters would be the solution. Clone MUs are assumed to be regular MUs. I say this for all except Shelda. I get your point, but not everyone cares if it makes sense.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, it started when we realized the 1st connundrum with this: When Shiek fought Zelda.

it's gonna re-occur if we do Zamus vs Samus, and will just be lulz if we do Adult Link vs Young/Toon link...

UncleSam

Smash Master
either way i get bashed because it's impossible to please everyone.
actually giving the people what they want can satisfy everybody easier, then just doing it yourself and stick with it no matter the opinion. I don't think Sakurai followed this. He should of had like a discussion somewhere and ppl get to post what they want. Well, at least we have the smash workshop.

instead of complaining we should be moving onto the next character. oh and me and Nova are almost done with a tier list.
way faster than this :p

Nova9000

Smash Lord
well, it started when we realized the 1st connundrum with this: When Shiek fought Zelda.

it's gonna re-occur if we do Zamus vs Samus, and will just be lulz if we do Adult Link vs Young/Toon link...
Then let it be lulzy then. At least you won't have to hear about people complaining about why this character isn't in here. Besides, it could make things more interesting for all we know.

actually giving the people what they want can satisfy everybody easier, then just doing it yourself and stick with it no matter the opinion. I don't think Sakurai followed this. He should of had like a discussion somewhere and ppl get to post what they want. Well, at least we have the smash workshop.

instead of complaining we should be moving onto the next character. oh and me and Nova are almost done with a tier list.
way faster than this :p
Actually, I prefer both ways-the tier list and the data so support it. This way, when random Sonic mains come in asking dumb questions it will have all the data there. I'll post my chart in a few of what we have so far and have everyone take a look at it and we judge from there.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Then let it be lulzy then. At least you won't have to hear about people complaining about why this character isn't in here. Besides, it could make things more interesting for all we know.
meh, i suppose...

but Young/Toon Link are the same, along with Shelda still...

which brings in just Toon link I guess?

JOE!

Smash Hero
sweet chart dude, what are you using for it?

anywho, think we should just go by the chart and work on...Ivysaur is looks like?

seeing as he is rather ****. it may be easier to list who obviously beats him:

:samus: , :link: , :toonlink: , :zelda: , :fox:& Friends, :snake: , :falcon:

and potential to be discussed:

:bowser: and :charizard: : may be a wash due to fire breath, but we'll see

:pit: , mario characters/guys with in-accurate ranged weapons: Ivy's small, and low to the ground, kindof odd to hit

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about DK and Ganondorf? They're strong enough to kill Ivysaur fast.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true, but at the 1st sign of trouble IVy releases spores, rendering essentially all melee combatants to tie at best with it

Nova9000

Smash Lord
sweet chart dude, what are you using for it?

anywho, think we should just go by the chart and work on...Ivysaur is looks like?

seeing as he is rather ****. it may be easier to list who obviously beats him:

:samus: , :link: , :toonlink: , :zelda: , :fox:& Friends, :snake: , :falcon:

and potential to be discussed:

:bowser: and :charizard: : may be a wash due to fire breath, but we'll see

:pit: , mario characters/guys with in-accurate ranged weapons: Ivy's small, and low to the ground, kindof odd to hit
I used Excel. Added color to match the background of SWF.

And those look about right. Unless Zard can use his wings then maybe he loses.
Mario ***** him with hammers, Pit uses arrows. but the rest of the cast who uses bimbs I'm iffy about. But anyone who goes melee or swords loses. You should also put the link in the OP so that we can find it easily. I'll update it when we move on.

What about DK and Ganondorf? They're strong enough to kill Ivysaur fast.
DK tied with Ivy already. Ganon could, but the spores would get to him first.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't Ganondorf take off pieces of armor and throw them at it? Would he be able to with enough force and accuracy to kill it? It's not like it can dodge.

Or a different thought, but one that requires foreknowledge, remove his cape and throw it over Ivy so it suffocates.

JOE!

Smash Hero
updated OP:

foreknowledge is banned due to the obviousness of foreknowledge = EPIC advantage...

and as for taking off his armor, byt the time he removes plated armor by himself ivysaur itself could be long gone, then again it would also require forknowlegdge of: "oh snap, if i get close I WILL DIE" on the part of ganon for him to do such a thing as attempt to throw **** at ivy

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
updated OP:

foreknowledge is banned due to the obviousness of foreknowledge = EPIC advantage...

and as for taking off his armor, byt the time he removes plated armor by himself ivysaur itself could be long gone, then again it would also require forknowlegdge of: "oh snap, if i get close I WILL DIE" on the part of ganon for him to do such a thing as attempt to throw **** at ivy
Okay, good to know. So basically unless you have a lethal projectile, Ivy kills you. Link probably dies too, as he's likely to stab it instead of shoot it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
problem with that is, out of 1000 times, im sure link is more likley to use one of his many ranged weapons....

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Is he really? He seems more like someone who would go in and stab it rather than hang back and shoot it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
hey, bow and arrow usually 1-shots things in the games, where he'd need 2-3 sword hits to kill it normally

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
This debate comes down to figuring out the fighting style of someone we never really see fight outside of gameplay.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true, but if link has the bow and arrow, as well as a few other ranged weapons at his disposal....

more likley than not he'd be killing Ivy from a safe range

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
No I mean, yes, he is capable of killing Ivy effortlessly.

But unlike the gun wielders, would his bow be the go-to weapon, or his sword?

He COULD kill Ivy, but WOULD he?

JOE!

Smash Hero
due to the out of 1000 matches clause, yes, he would

saying he'd allways use his sword each time is like saying every time Bowser fought Pichu, bowser trips over a rock and breaks his leg, letting pichu technically win by living

Nova9000

Smash Lord
No I mean, yes, he is capable of killing Ivy effortlessly.

But unlike the gun wielders, would his bow be the go-to weapon, or his sword?

He COULD kill Ivy, but WOULD he?
Lol. Let it go man. Link kills Ivy. If you want to see what arrows do in RL, I'll find a link on youtube or sumthin. It's because of arrows that Link beat Ganon as well, so don't count arrows out just because Link has been known for his sword use. Your argument sounds like the one brought up for Peach and Ness.

@ JOE!:
OP looks good if I may say so myself. And unless anyone objects today, I reckon we have Ivy's losses tallied up.

I deserve a win for this...lol...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I will when I get home lol.
So we're on to Diddy right?

I have him losing to:

:mario2: :falcon: :ike: :bowser2: :fox: :snake: :shiek:/:zelda: :zerosuitsamus: :ness2: :roymelee: :pit: :wolf: :marth: :falco: :charizard: :ganondorf: :peach:

All have better projectiles/swords and can kill a chimp with them.

Debatable ones:

:dk2: :lucas: :popo: :warioc: :toonlink: :olimar:

DK...Diddy is a guitar hero, and DK has no weapons...
Lucas could be under the sam ecategory as Ness, but I wanted more verification on it.
ICs have teamwork...Diddy only has one guitar...
Wario is the same as DK...
Tink has the weapons, but lacks the strength that most competitors have...
If Oli works any way that I propose, then this could be a win in his column.

@ JOE!:
I added Tink as well, so the W/L ratio is out of 39. I added it in the chart under its own category.

Diddy had lucky MUs from the looks lol...

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, who else was added since it was out of 37 before?

also, you really think DK is a match for Diddy? :p

Nova9000

Smash Lord
wait, who else was added since it was out of 37 before?

also, you really think DK is a match for Diddy? :p
:embarrass
With Tink added it's 39 brawlers.
Subtract 1 MU since you can't fight yourself and you have 38.

And I'm only saying that because of the guitar. A smack on the head could be lights out for DK. otherwise, DK just beat his buddy up.
And now that I think about it, would Charizard actually beat Diddy?

Top Bottom