• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

Too bad MK was less realistic even though it involved mortals. Is Link able to use his longshot though?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not with the experience again. We're using adult Link, and whereas they would have some CQC, they're more or less trained to fly, hence the name pilots. So it becomes less of CQC and more of a weapon thing (TDB = weapons>>>>>.......>>>melee). I can't think of a plausible scenario where they would both be restricted to CQC so the main focus should be on the weapons.
I'm sorry, but no, standard military training includes a good deal of CQC training, it's considered absolutely essential.

Link on the other hand, picked his training up on the fly, thus his trainiing is inherently gonna be shoddier, no matter what Link he is.

Experience is VERY important, I've personally beaten people sparring with swords using on empty hand combat, it's difficult, but if you're good enough, then it's not only possible, but reliable.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wolf v link, wold shoots link, link either

A: blocks it with his shield, then gets shot in the foot several times and gets picked off by random blaster fire where ever the sheild isnt covering, and dies.

or

B: the laser melts right through the shield and kills link

problem solved kiddies.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Olimar has plant slaves called pikmin
k, and...?

anywho, I think Link loses to the spacies in general simply due to the fact he's out-gunned. Allthough it wont be a cakewalk for them, and they would get ripped apart in melee range (Sword > CQC training for MERCS that dont deal with swords, + link is strong and athletic as hell)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
well, looking at it it *could* work, but it'd be a bit bulkier than what we see in games
I was thiking that. Plus the practicality of it seems iffy; it takes up one of his hands and how strong would it be. :ohwell:

I'm sorry, but no, standard military training includes a good deal of CQC training, it's considered absolutely essential.

Link on the other hand, picked his training up on the fly, thus his trainiing is inherently gonna be shoddier, no matter what Link he is.

Experience is VERY important, I've personally beaten people sparring with swords using on empty hand combat, it's difficult, but if you're good enough, then it's not only possible, but reliable.
That's fine. But how much skill do you actually need to swing a sword? (look at MK) All I'm saying is that CQC is rather inconsequential if they both have weapons. We wouldn't compare Falcon and Snake in CQC because they both have guns.

wolf v link, wold shoots link, link either

A: blocks it with his shield, then gets shot in the foot several times and gets picked off by random blaster fire where ever the sheild isnt covering, and dies.

or

B: the laser melts right through the shield and kills link

problem solved kiddies.
Good job captain obvious! You deserve applause!

Olimar has plant slaves called pikmin

I don't think I really need to comment...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's fine. But how much skill do you actually need to swing a sword? (look at MK) All I'm saying is that CQC is rather inconsequential if they both have weapons. We wouldn't compare Falcon and Snake in CQC because they both have guns.
Very little, but what matters is effectiveness, it takes a LOT of skill to use a sword effectively, a good CQC fighter will get inside your zone incredibly quickly and proceed to kick your **** because you're too jammed up and slow, that's why melee shiek beats marth. Course if you can outzone the person, it's a simple match, but the real problem is there's no reason to assume that link has the skills to do that.

The reason why it isn't brought up much is because it's usually not MU deciding when you're dealing with two ranged fighters, but if it's almost even, that can make the different, otherwise, it gets overwhelmed by the other factors. Also in that MU, there's no reason to assume that they have any practical difference in skills (but snake has a knife IITC).

Fair enough?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Not with the experience again.
don't complain.
We're using adult Link.
and? which one? cuz TP adult has little experience as well.
That's fine. But how much skill do you actually need to swing a sword? (look at MK)
MK has had decades of training, probably hundreds? haven't watched the anime in forevers. but he's a star warrior butt loads of training right there.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
MK has no thumb, it's not a fair comparison.

Which reminds me, what's the point of this thread if we're not gonna rip literally everything apart, if the mighty samus falls because she's unrealistic, I say, so be it, an arms race for who can find the most ****ing flaws for characters IS worthwhile for interesting debate, it only gets boring when arbitrary limits are imposed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Then only link samus and snake are left.

But honestly I think you underrate a number of them, the biological possibility is there, a lot of them just have serious flaws.

JOE!

Smash Hero
and?

how is having like 3 "actual" contestants left interesting compared to there being multiple matches?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Because the "screwed by irl" chars can have interesting matches between each other. Also, keep in mind, creative biology.

Also, I had a thought, maybe we should do another round with lower gravity? A lot of things that wouldn't work before could (ex. giant ape DK). It would be quite interesting.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sort of, similar to earth, but with lower grav, need a discussion on what changes would be a direct result (ex. topography, plant life, etc), and the planet would have to be further away from a more powerful sun in order to be able to support an atmosphere with those conditions, but it could work.

REL38

Smash Lord
Sort of, similar to earth, but with lower grav, need a discussion on what changes would be a direct result (ex. topography, plant life, etc), and the planet would have to be further away from a more powerful sun in order to be able to support an atmosphere with those conditions, but it could work.
What in the world are you guys talkin' about?

I hear realism of todays standards (+) and then I read moon bases with anti-gravity jellyfloats on?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Very little, but what matters is effectiveness, it takes a LOT of skill to use a sword effectively, a good CQC fighter will get inside your zone incredibly quickly and proceed to kick your **** because you're too jammed up and slow, that's why melee shiek beats marth. Course if you can outzone the person, it's a simple match, but the real problem is there's no reason to assume that link has the skills to do that.

The reason why it isn't brought up much is because it's usually not MU deciding when you're dealing with two ranged fighters, but if it's almost even, that can make the different, otherwise, it gets overwhelmed by the other factors. Also in that MU, there's no reason to assume that they have any practical difference in skills (but snake has a knife IITC).

Fair enough?
*shrugs*
So for an answer to the question, does Link beat Falco and/or Wolf?

don't complain.

and? which one? cuz TP adult has little experience as well.
So answer the question, does Link beat Wolf and/or Falco? Training takes the entire thread out of context.

MK has had decades of training, probably hundreds? haven't watched the anime in forevers. but he's a star warrior butt loads of training right there.
Ok...and training without any thumbs is like...yea...welcome to RL...

Wait...so now with low gravity, Jiggs dies because she's a balloon? And this point is rather hypocritical; you want to kill every character, but allow gravity so they become valued...;so low gravity and no air...make up your mind Adum...

Sieguest

Smash Master
And this point is rather hypocritical; you want to kill every character, but allow gravity so they become valued...;so low gravity and no air...make up your mind Adum...
Not true, low gravity won't change the biology of a character, if a character still biologically fails then they still... die so using jiggly as an example is a moot point.

Low gravity will only change the behavior of certain actions taken. Some characters that do fairly well in normal gravity may do worse in low gravity and vice versa yada yada.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Not true, low gravity won't change the biology of a character, if a character still biologically fails then they still... die so using jiggly as an example is a moot point.

Low gravity will only change the behavior of certain actions taken. Some characters that do fairly well in normal gravity may do worse in low gravity and vice versa yada yada.
Well IMO that won't change much at all then. But w/e; I guess no1 cares about the tier list. So let's discuss low gravity reality then!:p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*shrugs*
So for an answer to the question, does Link beat Falco and/or Wolf?
Don't think so, not positive atm, would need to review past arguments.

Wait...so now with low gravity, Jiggs dies because she's a balloon? And this point is rather hypocritical; you want to kill every character, but allow gravity so they become valued...;so low gravity and no air...make up your mind Adum...
Totally separate discussion, next round of TDB. Seeing how the tier list changes in slightly different conditions is where the fun is at.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ohh I get it, contributing to the current discusion makes you an idiot, right thanks for pointing that out nova9000, how old are you, 10?

hows puberty treating you?

JOE!

Smash Hero
ohh I get it, contributing to the current discusion makes you an idiot, right thanks for pointing that out nova9000, how old are you, 10?

lulz, are you sure you arent expressing your own feelings about this issue onto nova to make you feel better?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Don't think so, not positive atm, would need to review past arguments.
Ok. So on to the next one then...

Totally separate discussion, next round of TDB. Seeing how the tier list changes in slightly different conditions is where the fun is at.
So let's finish this round then. We can discuss all of that stuff afterwards.

It's Nova9000 first of all. And JOE! everyone needs a hug once in a while...some more than others...

Next, your post just stated what we already knew. People swear they're so smart when in reality just reading a few posts will let you know what we're discussing. That's what makes you captain obvious.

I'm old enough to insult you well enough. A 10 year old can do that. But what you posted meant nothing at all. Not my fault I can read and contribute. Nor is it my fault your post failed to answer anything.

If you want to contribute, then try to draw a conclusion. Your witty remark implied that we're dumb or something when we've been doing this for a while. In other words,

Learn to lurk and help simultaneously. Or expect to get no respect.

Now, do you want to try again and make valid points, or contunue stating something that we already know?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh snap, Nova is starting to charge his final flash...prey he doesnt unleash it's full power on you

anywho, I think Link is essentially barely beat out by the spacies, but what about falcon? (just rounding up space tier)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lol. I just have a major disdain for people who don't read or contribute. And this is why I post pics, because as US has stated before, nobody reads. And because I do, I'm apparently a kid; I love the hate. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Xia did this, when I posted proof that Pika's cheeks don't work that way. Then he came at me wrong so I replied in a cynical manner. But neither here nor there, Pika has electricity.

Pluvia did this when he made Bowser seem like he can beat electrolasers. However, Pluvia did contribute, so all in all it was a mistake on my behalf. :embarrass

But it's posts like Captain Olimar's that make me wish Hooked on Phonics was instilled in elementary school. And luke's explanation would have been cool if he went into a bit more detail. But this is why Vegeta is the favorite while Goku is the hero; he speaks his mind.

/ranting

I think Falcon would lose. Arrows **** anything that can't force Link to put up a shield. Unless his gun has more range than it did in the pic...

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
If we went entirely realistic, Snake wouldn't even be left. He would've been accidentally aborted by crazy 70's scientists trying to clone Big Boss.

REL38

Smash Lord
If we went entirely realistic, Snake wouldn't even be left. He would've been accidentally aborted by crazy 70's scientists trying to clone Big Boss.
But, but . . . . we don't know what kind of crazy junk the governments kept from us!

But yeah, cloning back then was fail
Don't think it even existed.

*inbeforeJOEclumpsNakedSnakeakaBigBossintogetherwithSolidSnakewhentheyaren'teventhesamepersonjustliketheLinksandZelda*

JOE!

Smash Hero
links and zeldas are the same people essentially tho, big boss and snake arent, as they are actually different characters

JOE!

Smash Hero
the reasoning is essentially that:

what is fundamentally different between young/little/toon link aside from bieng smaller than regular/adult link, and maybe having a different weapon here or there?

Sieguest

Smash Master
the reasoning is essentially that:

what is fundamentally different between young/little/toon link aside from bieng smaller than regular/adult link, and maybe having a different weapon here or there?
Actually according to the good old snake codec information on from Shadow Moses Island Shenanigans:

Link isn't the same person, he's just characterized as a person in green attire with heroic intentions or something like that?

Where'd I get that from: Brawl
How much stock can you put into this?: Nova's sig.

But seriously- I don't think that they could necessarily be mash together, because none of the Links are the exact same. Hmmm I bet there's a post in the depths of this thread somewhere that explains it better than I do.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true, but from a technical standpoint: what is really different between each character in regards to the thread, i mena what would be the point of having young link when there's adult link?

(also, this does bring up why we have ZSS and Samus....)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What happened to Bowser?

Ivy's gonna drop the most spots here
Just like Zelda in the new Tier List
Link had 5 wins. SO now we move on to 4. Bowser had 3 so we'll get to him.

O hai der...;)

No you didn't

Laterz.

<3
Hmmm....seems as if I didn't after lurking :embarrass I just posted a summary of Pika's stuff. My bad...lol...

Actually according to the good old snake codec information on from Shadow Moses Island Shenanigans:

Link isn't the same person, he's just characterized as a person in green attire with heroic intentions or something like that?

Where'd I get that from: Brawl
How much stock can you put into this?: Nova's sig.

But seriously- I don't think that they could necessarily be mash together, because none of the Links are the exact same. Hmmm I bet there's a post in the depths of this thread somewhere that explains it better than I do.
Funny you say that when I quoted you talking about Toc.

true, but from a technical standpoint: what is really different between each character in regards to the thread, i mena what would be the point of having young link when there's adult link?

(also, this does bring up why we have ZSS and Samus....)
I thought we did it because of Shelda...does this really need justification?
If JOE! took out ZSS then how much more grief would he have gotten?
We probably should have taken out Pichu though, now that I think about it...:ohwell:

Top Bottom