• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Lolwow.

Technology.....technology......
Are the settings anything near the DS?
BTW who here plays World of Warcraft?
If anyone here has Pokemon D/P/PT i'll play them on wifi :D
And I have a feeling I'll play WoW, but I don't feel like selling my soul yet.:lick:

UncleSam

Smash Master
Lolwow.

Technology.....technology......
Are the settings anything near the DS?
BTW who here plays World of Warcraft?
yes, they're about the same more or less on the Micro side.
that thing is ****ing bright.
it's pretty much palm sized but they didn't shrink any buttons.
the start and select buttons change color when ur low on power :p
EDIT: I'll play you xephyr PT and I play OU so no legendaries.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, I don't.

The crust always tastes like cardboard to me. Everything else is fine.

Its pretty much the only food where its not the texture but the taste that bugs me.
Well I am pretty sure that chicken can eat rice. That does not mean that ninjas went to space, but still, you get the idea.

Want proof, well look at Lindsay Lohan's crotch. You can see the devil in that church.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So, in conclusion to the only line I skimmed through... Space ninjas with pizzas beat BOTH ZSS and C.Falcon?

REL38

Smash Lord
So I just read through the 20 some pages you guys argued and Determined it was redundancy at its best.

Good thing I'm at a tourney so I didn't waste my time reading that stuff :/

btw

Get a DS.
Plays gameboy and ds games. And I don't mean the new rip off version.

@Payas

Silly goose, everyone knows celebrity has beens are scientologists.
Case in point, There's no such thing ad Ninjas eating Pizza.

Only Kung Fu Samurai Pizza Space Cats eat pizza.
Fail on your part.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You don't know how many times I had to repeat myself just to get people to realize why Samus wins.

Anyway, lol'd at post.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

REL38

Smash Lord
make m e.
Fine.

Go ahead. But don't come crying to me when you get cancer and CSA breaks into your house to confiscate your illegal bacon.

@Payas

Maybe some people just strive to beat your arguements, but fail miserably.

Besides, how credible are your claims when so many said factors corelate negetively and only slightly positively to both sides which fail to contradict said unrealistic variables to the point where unpredictability reigns supreme in the eyes of the sadly mistaken few who support the downfalls of all differentiating oppositions including that of those who denounce nothing, but predict everything to give benefit to neither "pro" nor "anti", but rather to create the perfect vaccination to destroy all discredit and usefulness of either party to instill ambiguity amongst the whole, there of?

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Fine.

Go ahead. But don't come crying to me when you get cancer and CSA breaks into your house to confiscate your illegal bacon.

@Payas

Besides, how credible are your claims when so many said factors corelate negetively and only slightly positively to both sides which fail to contradict said unrealistic variables to the point where unpredictability reigns supreme in the eyes of the sadly mistaken few who support the downfalls of all differentiating oppositions including that of those who denounce nothing, but predict everything to give benefit to neither "pro" nor "anti", but rather to create the perfect vaccination to destroy all discredit and usefulness of either party to instill ambiguity amongst the whole, there of?

engrish pl0x

UncleSam

Smash Master
@Payas

yay were playing the proper game.
Well good sir, faded minds cannot see everything for what it truly is. i.e. religion loljk

REL38

Smash Lord
yay were playing the proper game.
Well good sir, faded minds cannot see everything for what it truly is. i.e. religion loljk
But the congreguted outcome displays densely eroded variables that overtly contradict the stanza of reliability, but at the same time destroys or even cripple the intricate design amongst the many; despite the concrete results of the latter still lacking precisive components which can very well create a denomination of unrefutable standpoints that may only be deferred by internal results by which lack likelyhood; they still produce domonstrative sub-types aiding the entirety of limited numerators.

Not to mention the Micro has components that can very well be altered to create cancer :p

@MU

So either Zamus got this or JOE will pull something out of his sleeve to either make or break thus MU?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@Payas

Interesting.

I wonder if the appropiate use of the argumental points of the 64th page really have been deciding to use the point of those who are redundant. This brings interesting nuclear concepts from the depth of the english languaje that represent how meaningfull the holy cross of orators bring forward the best of the shakespearean talking.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But the congreguted outcome displays densely eroded variables that overtly contradict the stanza of reliability, but at the same time destroys or even cripple the intricate design amongst the many; despite the concrete results of the latter still lacking precisive components which can very well create a denomination of unrefutable standpoints that may only be deferred by internal results by which lack likelyhood; they still produce domonstrative sub-types aiding the entirety of limited numerators.

Not to mention the Micro has components that can very well be altered to create cancer :p
now were talking about me getting cancer.
haha
it's not made of plastic so... a battery leak would be the worst of my problems.

tocador

Smash Lord
Wowowowowow, i read throughout(cant spell this for ****) this last pages of this MU, and lots of BS were said.

So just to provide some clean info(book suported, except 4, where i cant exactly say if Zamus is or isnt stronger than C.falcon)

1. A "thinner" thing dosent hit stronger as in, it has more force, its just that it applies more pressure to a single point because it has less contact surface, but even then, a "bigger" thing can jsut do the same damage if it is proportionally stronger.

2. None of them had actually had martial arts training, just have experience with "street fighting" as bounty hunters, so this makes them basically even in "tech skill" in melee combat.

3. Being beefed up dosent make you slow, a thin person and a beefed one, if not trained individually(aka one does karate the other dosent) will actually punch at same speed and kick at the same speed(excluding variables). Someone thinner dosent even NEED to eb faster than a bigger guy, its jsut the thinner will run with less weight, meaning she/he will technically be able to run faster IF the strenght of the other guy dosent compensate it.

4. Truefax here, no discussion, womans are weaker than man, AKA a super woman = strong man(theoretically).

My only question here is: How fast is Zamus shots, really? Or falcon? Are those laser guns? Thazers? What :p?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Wowowowowow, i read throughout(cant spell this for ****) this last MU, and lots of BS was said.

Like:

1. A "thinner" thing dosent hit stronger as in, it has more force, its just that it applies more pressure to a single point because it has less contact surface, but even then, a "bigger" thing can jsut do the same damage if it is proportionally stronger.
sure.

2. None of them had actually had martial arts training, just have experience with "street fighting" as bounty hunters, so this makes them basically even in "tech skill" in melee combat.
Samus has been training her fighting skills since she was 3.
IDK about Falcon.

3. Being beefed up dosent make you slow, a thin person and a beefed one, if not trained individually(aka one does karate the other dosent) will actually punch at same speed and kick at the same speed(excluding variables). Someone thinner dosent even NEED to eb faster than a bigger guy, its jsut the thinner will run with less weight, meaning she/he will technically be able to run faster IF the strenght of the other guy dosent compensate it.
go to paya on that. I just know metroid stuff.

4. Truefax here, no discussion, womans are weaker than man, AKA a super woman = strong man(theoretically).
uhhhhhhh.

My only question here is: How fast is Zamus shots, really? Or falcon? Are those laser guns? Thazers? What :p?
according to paya 96% the speed of light. and Falcon's laser required a chargin period.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Wowowowowow, i read throughout(cant spell this for ****) this last pages of this MU, and lots of BS were said.

So just to provide some clean info(book suported, except 4, where i cant exactly say if Zamus is or isnt stronger than C.falcon)

A well toned and thin thing hits harder than a well toned person because the former has muscles that actually increase the speed of his attacks, causing it to greatly increase the force of the attack.

A beefed person is faster than a thin person. A beefed person is slower than a well toned person because the latter has more functional muscle than the bigger dude, while the bigger dude's bulk does not do anything significant aside from giving him more mass.

Women are not weaker than men. They are just tuned differently.

Physical strength can be defined many ways. Most women have a lower center of gravity than men. That means they are able to lift their upper body more easily.

In terms of hormones, which have a powerful effect on the body, women are built to endure extremes such as child birth.

Testosterone is also a big factor in male development giving males certain advantages/predispositions. Flexibility/agility/speed is another area where women seem to be more tuned to.
Women: agility and endurance.

Men: strenght and defense.

Answers in red.

tocador

Smash Lord
A well toned and thin thing hits harder than a well toned person because the former has muscles that actually increase the speed of his attacks, causing it to greatly increase the force of the attack.

F = M . A. Having bigger mass, or bigger accel(Speed) its the same proportionally because neither are on square, so this is kinda flawed saying Speed > Mass.

A beefed person is faster than a thin person. A beefed person is slower than a well toned person because the latter has more functional muscle than the bigger dude, while the bigger dude's bulk does not do anything significant aside from giving him more mass.

The thing is, this only applies in fact ro running and such, in fact in fighting having greater mass/muscles dosent differ anything in fighting speed, its sheer train only. Because moving muscles to hit, even tho the mass makes a little difference, it actually is so small it dosent MAKE a REAL difference.

Women are not weaker than men. They are just tuned differently.

Physical strength can be defined many ways. Most women have a lower center of gravity than men. That means they are able to lift their upper body more easily.

In terms of hormones, which have a powerful effect on the body, women are built to endure extremes such as child birth.

Testosterone is also a big factor in male development giving males certain advantages/predispositions. Flexibility/agility/speed is another area where women seem to be more tuned to.

TL;DR(jk) Resuming: Men's are stronger, faster, have greater stamina and are better in most physical aspects than woman. And you know that as it is scientifically proved ^^. And actually, it is all because of hormones :p.

tocador

Smash Lord
I just posted some facts, and i didnt read all of those on previous pages, so as far as i know, they both have OHKO long range weapons(as stun = kill, shot = kill) but i think, THINK, falcon has the adv in melee.

But then, as i stated previously i dont have any knowladge on Zamus training so i dont know if she is in fact a karate master =B.

But going by bi'oll logic, bulky man > toned woman.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I just posted some facts, and i didnt read all of those on previous pages, so as far as i know, they both have OHKO long range weapons(as stun = kill, shot = kill) but i think, THINK, falcon has the adv in melee.

But then, as i stated previously i dont have any knowladge on Zamus training so i dont know if she is in fact a karate master =B.

But going by bi'oll logic, bulky man > toned woman.
do you play pokemon?
well think of it this way
samus has quick attack (low power but high priority and more accuracy)
Falcon has slam (more power but lower priority and less accuracy)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
do you play pokemon?
or Dedede has Fsmash and Metaknight has Dsmash

payasofobia

Smash Champion

F = M . A. Having bigger mass, or bigger accel(Speed) its the same proportionally because neither are on square, so this is kinda flawed saying Speed > Mass.

Actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_(unit)

Acceleration is different than force.

The thing is, this only applies in fact ro running and such, in fact in fighting having greater mass/muscles dosent differ anything in fighting speed, its sheer train only. Because moving muscles to hit, even tho the mass makes a little difference, it actually is so small it dosent MAKE a REAL difference.

There are more things to muscles strenght than bulk.

Density of the muscle, both in number of cells (myofibrils) per muscle, cell size and functional units (sarcomers) per cell, as well at the muscles ability to store and deliver energy to the sarcomers, the length of the muscle, the length of the lever arm (amount of leverage on the bones).

Bulky muscles lack in many of these areas, and the only reason a bulky person gains any additional strenhg **** because big muscles have a lil bit more sarcomers.

TL;DR(jk) Resuming: Men's are stronger, faster, have greater stamina and are better in most physical aspects than woman. And you know that as it is scientifically proved ^^. And actually, it is all because of hormones :p.

Not true in some of those aspects.

Men have been shown to have been proven to have weaker hearts than women, which greatly diminishes a man's endurance. Also, the woman's body is made to resist more extreme conditions than a men's body.

And about the muscles:

A look at the bulging muscles sported by some female Wimbledon champions proves that female sportswomen aren't the delicate flowers they once were - experts have argued that these women equal male athlete's speed and strength.

The thing is that, generally, women exercise less than men and therefore have weaker muscles than them.

Also, Mental health is an area where men appear not to fare well. For a start, men are more than twice as likely to be affected by schizophrenia. 'Up to 40 per cent more men are diagnosed with schizophrenia than women - and their symptoms tend to be more severe and treatment less effective,' explains Jane Harris of the charity Rethink.

Boys are also more likely to be diagnosed with the developmental conditions autism and Asperger's syndrome. The Autism Society says boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with the condition than girls.

This may be because they are exposed to higher levels of testosterone before birth, affecting their brain development, according to research by Professor Simon Baron-Cohen from the Autism Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.

Answers in red.

tocador

Smash Lord
do you play pokemon?
No, i think this as:

Falcon:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

Zamus:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPdwIpvsv-8

But when vsing speed vs brute force, it really depends on "player skill". I've seen lots of UFC(anything goes fights) fights in which sometimes the small but fast won, and others where the big but slow won.

So then, i call this a draw.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Fixed my post. Eliminated typos, rephrased sentences and fixed broken links.

I would also like to add something: the reason why speed is greater than mass in realistic fights, its because the speed gained with toned muscles is much higher than the mass gained with bulky muscles.

tocador

Smash Lord
Actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_(unit)

Acceleration is different than force.

I know this, dur, but if you want to see ROUGHLY the strenght of a force, it will be M.A = F, which in case means: Having a huge speed and less mass, ends up being the same as having huge mass and less speed.

There are more things to muscles strenght than bulk.

Density of the muscle, both in number of cells (myofibrils) per muscle, cell size and functional units (sarcomers) per cell, as well at the muscles ability to store and deliver energy to the sarcomers, the length of the muscle, the length of the lever arm (amount of leverage on the bones).

Bulky muscles lack in many of these areas, and the only reason a bulky person gains any additional strenhg **** because big muscles have a lil bit more sarcomers.

Yeah, im not willing to search to see if its exactly like you said, but i believe you. But one thing i know, man's have better reflexes than woman(search if you want, but meh, we > womans), meaning they can react faster even with bulky body structures.

Not true in some of those aspects.

Men have been shown to have veen proven to have weaker hearts than women, which greatly contributes to a woman's endurance. Also, the woman's body is made to resist more extreme conditions than a men's body.

Are they going to fight in north pole or something?
just kidding, i get your point :p

Yeah but because of these "natural selection" that ended up making us what we are, man got to be the bulkier ones, to hunt/fight/etc..

Whereas womans wer emade to be the ones better to survive at extreme conditions, to in fact, have better chances of taking care of a baby. Things like: Surviving longer(womans usually live more than man) to hang out more time with the baby, being able to survive in extreme places so she can protect baby, and it goes on.

TL;DR, mans are addapted to fight and womans to survive :p.

And about the muscles:

A look at the bulging muscles sported by some female Wimbledon champions proves that female sportswomen aren't the delicate flowers they once were - experts have argued that these women equal men's speed and strength.

The thing is that, generally, women exercise less than men and therefore have smaller muscles than them.

I know this, but again, natural selection did this to us, not "everyday life" of modern society =X.

Also, Mental health is an area where men appear not to fare well. For a start, men are more than twice as likely to be affected by schizophrenia. 'Up to 40 per cent more men are diagnosed with schizophrenia than women - and their symptoms tend to be more severe and treatment less effective,' explains Jane Harris of the charity Rethink.

Boys are also more likely to be diagnosed with the developmental conditions autism and Asperger's syndrome. The Autism Society says boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with the condition than girls.

This may be because they are exposed to higher levels of testosterone before birth, affecting their brain development, according to research by Professor Simon Baron-Cohen from the Autism Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.

1337 resaerch you did there, but only thing here that actually involves MU is(unless you think C.falcon has some ill) man have more testosterone, and this hormone besides having colateral effects if used in great portions( just like oestrogen do), is what makes man bulkier than woman =P.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@Paya's one argument about the formula

the hell are you using wikipedia for? use a physics book...

of course Force and Acceleration are different
but
F=MA
Force=Mass x Acceleration

@Toc. Acceleration and Speed are two different things...

tocador

Smash Lord
Acceleration is how much you increase your speed in a determined period of time.

Like 1 m/s² = your speed increases by one metter in each second;

exp: Someone moving at a Vo = 3 m/s with a Accel of 1 m/s² should go like this:

Time --------- Speed

"0" second - 3 m/s
first second - 4 m/s
second second - 5 m/s
third second - 6 m/s
nth second - 3 + nth m/s

Happy nao :X?

Top Bottom