• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Yes it would.

The slightest interruption of the beam would greatly diminish its killing capabilities and, above all, accuracy.

And speaking of laser guns, there is also several problems with them.

1. Blooming causes the laser to defocus and disperse energy into the atmosphere. It can be more severe if there is fog, smoke, or dust in the air.

2. Another problem with weaponized lasers is that the evaporated material from the surface of the target begins to shade the surface.

3. One major problem with laser weapons (and directed-energy weapons in general) is their high energy requirements. Existing methods of storing, conducting, transforming, and directing energy are inadequate to produce a convenient hand-held weapon.

4. A laser beam or particle beam passing through air can be absorbed or scattered by rain, snow, dust, fog, smoke, or similar visual obstructions that a bullet would easily brush aside.

5. The lack of a continous beam, particles in the air and the target moving would make doing any serious damage to the target difficult.

I still think that Fox would win because of his superior training and the fact that Sonic sucks balls in realistic fights...but not because of his laser gun.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The fight would go like this:

Fox is flying to the planet mobius with his friends to spend their vacations. Fox sees this as a perfect opportunity to spend time with Krystal and his friends, to buy new parts for his arwing and to eat the best chili dogs in the entire universe.

Everyone else has parked their arwing and now only fox is left. Fox lands his arwing when he suddenly hears a loud ''crack''

Overall Winner: Fox

Sonic sucks too much in a realistic fight to pose a challenge to anyone.

Overall Kills: Fox: 1000-Sonic: 0

Fox:

Kills with blaster: 0
Kills with reflector: 0
Kills with CQC: 0
Kills with arwing: 1000

Sonic:
Kills with ramming ball: 0
Kills with jumping ball: 0
Kills with rolling ball: 0
Kills with bouncing ball: 0

If anything, I would say that SONIC is the worst fighter in this thread, not peach.

At least Peach can take hits and hit hard with a frying pan.

Sonic can't do **** because he has no weight, no muscles, no strenght, no size, fragile body parts, no smarts, no experience, no training, no weapons, HUGE eyes and LONG and THIN limbs that would make crippling him easy, small body so a single hit would damage lots of organs, stupidly big head that would make headshoting him easy and, in a realistic fight, his lack of muscles in his legs would make him very slow.

You could say that totally RL kirby would be worse, but then Kirby is made of rubber so Sonic would just die of tiredness because he wouldn't be able to do anything to Kirby.

JOE!

Smash Hero
JOE!, next round you should do a Peach vs Sonic match.
hehe

Anyways, im sorry for dissapointing matches guys...ive been trying to get as balanced as i could between the brackets I have.

During round 1 i had an easier time making good matches, seeing as everyone was available, and i could mix/match the most interesting figths.

Now that those matches have allready been done, im stuck with 2 (3 if you count wildcards) seperate brackets where i need to make fights from, and unfortunatley, there will be weird matches, that I thought would work out ok, but end up being...not so great.

anyways, new MU soon

another thing i may consider, based on Adum;s suggestion:

What characters (besides G&W, ROB, and now The Hands and Tabuu...) should we just downright exclude?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Borderline: Petey, Duon, and Porky, and if you are being overly realistic, Kirby and MK.

But they still have a fighting chance so I don't know.

-Petey still can bite people and spit acid at them, even though he won't be able to move.
-Duon still has his devastating railgun and his swords.
-Porky can still send automatons to attack his enemies and shoot electric rays.
-Kirby can still kick and punch.
-And MK's gloves could be treated as actual hands.

And in the case of the guys you just mentioned.

The only ones I can't see working are Tabuu and Mr Game and Watch.

You could make ROB be his human sized robotic self from brawl and the hand would just act like and overzised...hand. With all the organs to make it work inside and stuff.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Kirby will suck, but at least he won't be disqualified.

I can see him taking the smallest brawlers.

Anyway ROB could definetly work. He is just like a modern robot.

JOE!

Smash Hero
MRG just won the page

anywho, ROB wouldnt really have weaponary, and would be outsmarted by about everyone...

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser

Just give him this.

Possible...realistic...nice representation of his neutral-B....

Would make him be able to kill all human sized opponents in one hit if he hits, and if he misses he would have to wait till the laser recharges, making him not broken.

Also would make him be able to beat the likes of samus and the futuristic guys because the ray-gun would jam all of their futuristic gadgets.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
He's ok with his sword and shield, that puts him over a lot of the cast.

Don't give him his bow by ruling.

another thing i may consider, based on Adum;s suggestion:

What characters (besides G&W, ROB, and now The Hands and Tabuu...) should we just downright exclude?
Actually Sonic could've been ok if you paired him with the likes of mario.

MK and kirby are obvious (if you're excluding chars, no point in giving him a thumb), DDD too, Jiggs, perhaps ness and lucas, mewtwo might be a good choice for this as well.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
The shield would work if Link was fighting against one Ice Climber. There are two here.

Anyway, the Icies could use their rope as effective weapons depending on how skilled they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZPR4AcpW4

They could form a defensive area around them with the rope and hook.

Wooden mallets are not heavy so their attacks would have a nice balance of speed and power.

Boot spikes are made of steel and with enough strenght they could severely damage TL's head if they drop from higher areas....which is possible with their climbing abilities.

---------------

Like people have said, Bow and arrow, Sword, shield, bombs and hookshot are a must.

Anyway, what is the setting?

I vote for the death mountain from Majora's mask. That way, the parkas will actually be useful.

-------------
Regarding character exclusions.

You should keep them to a minimum and only eliminate the ones that won't work no matter what you do and that do not have a fighting chance against
anyone. Think Game and Watch.

Ness and Lucas still have their bat/stick and several of their earthbound offensive items that don't require PSI.

Kirby could probably beat the smallest characters in the game (Pichu, Squirtle) with kicks.

Give MK hands.

DDD has a giant mallet and size (if you gave Olimar that buff, give it to the kirby chars too)

And instead of having psychic powers, Mewtwo could be a genious that outsmarts every single character in the game, has a lot of precision and tactics that lets him counter his opponent's abilities. And his muscular legs and tail would make him able to defend himself.

Make ROB a super precise robot with a raygun.

Master hand is still gigantic and that would give him an edge over many characters.

And you could treat Tabuu like a butterfly or something.

The only ones I can't see working are Game and Watch and Jiggz...unless you want them to be Joke characters.

UncleSam

Smash Master
why did nobody tell me TL was in the MU.
I h8 u people
<3
has anybody said Skull hammer yet?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
What's the setting JOE!? We should go back to how the fights were in the beginning of the thread, just to make it more interesting.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hammer smashes sword rope grabs shield proceed to stomp all over.
Icees FTW.
Wooden hammers against a steel sword?
lol

/cut up your weapons

Rope grabs shield and gets cut by sword in the other hand. :>

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But that will only happen if it cuts the handle.

The rope....yes, it will definetly get cut if the icies are not carefull.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
>_>
It's a rope, lol. It's gonna get cut by a sharp object.

And it has to be extended to be used, doesn't it?

UncleSam

Smash Master
The rope is sturdy and will probably only be cut if it's extended.
to reach a camper?
TL's settin up his tent, and the IC's will have to use the rope, it gets cut IC's are forced to approach, and TL can use his variety of weapons to stop their approach and take them down...
is IMO implied?

Top Bottom