• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
>_>
It's a rope, lol. It's gonna get cut by a sharp object.

And it has to be extended to be used, doesn't it?
Like Et said, it will only get cut if it is extended.

Otherwise TL would have to make several slices to cut it.

Also, is weapon stealing allowed?

IMO , the icies have this because of numbers. TL would not be able to follow the two icies's movements all the time.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

I've seen TL/YL cut thicker ropes then that in their games. >_>
And the rope is pretty much useless against TL if it's not extended. >_<

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
How do the Ice Climbers get close to a guy with that many projectiles?

In the real world, ropes get cut. =/
And wood gets cut by blades.

And TL has like, 2 other projectiles.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
By using teamwork.

This is what makes this fight balanced. Swordsman with great equipment vs two tough team-working climbers with improvised weapons.

Skill and equipment vs strenght and numbers.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I really don't see how teamwork helps them win against TL at all.

In like, any aspect of fighting.

UncleSam

Smash Master
which is faster?
an arrow fired from a bow?
OR
a rope thrown from 60 ft.? (measurements taken from IC's vs. Olimar)
hopefully this will clear things up

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Because it is very hard to keep your attention and eyes on two enemies at once. Especialy if they are on opposite sides.

If the fight comes down to:

Ice----TL----Ice

or

Ice
-
-
TL------Ice

TL will be in a big disadvantage, and even dealing with two fighters at once in the front is difficult, no matter how skilled you are.

The only way I can see TL winning is by sniping one climber before both reach him....and if we are using a snowy mountain as a setting or simply an area with plenty of rocks and places to hide, sniping an Icey is going to be hard.

Also, TL could hide too, making finding him hard.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'm not saying IC's would challenge a bow with rope. There are plenty of other uses.
I'm trying to point out that TL has the range advantage, 2 approaching people from 60+ feet away will get downed by one archer.
plus the fact that if either one goes down the other will try to help the injured one GTFO.
arrows can kill. rope has limits

EDIT: @ paya dude wont they both be standing next to eachother at the beginning of the fight?
it would take time to set that up. one would get pwned b4 the other gets into position

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
If IC's prime advantage is power in numbers, doesn't TL have the best tools to deal with that?

Bombs split them up, don't they?
Boomerangs lock onto multiple people, don't they?

What can ice Climbers even do that TL can't deal with easily?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Because the climbers want to split up and aim from different angles.

And the only weapons we are using are the bow, bombs, shield and sword, so that TL is not weighed down.

And Uncle, it would also take some time to set up an arrow and aim at them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
... Okay, arbitrary much?
Why can't he use something that's given to him in Brawl? Isn't that kidna the point?

Why can't I just say ICs can't use their (sorta useless in this case) rope?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ok, but boomerangs IMO aren't as useful as bows.

Also, this is an RL fight, so auto-targeting is out.

And Uncle, it also takes time to get a good sniping position, prepare an arrow and aim.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Football field = 100 yards.
1 mile = 1,617y (yards).
23mph*1,617y = 37,191 yph (yards per hour).
37,191 yph/3600s (one hour) = 10.33 yps (yards per second).
100y/10.33yps = 9.68s
quoting arrow speed. btw its just below 2 seconds b4 the arrow reaches a climber if TL spaces the distance of the rope
@paya- not as much time as it'll take for the IC's to set up a plan where they are 90-180 degrees apart from eachother.
I don't see how one WONT get sniped while trying to set it up

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Alright, well the boomerang isn't really hard to aim. Like, at ALL.
So that would kill their "tactical" approach altogether.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
They could move out of sniping range if it is a snowy mountain and then make a plan there.

And their experience at climbing mountains would give them great improvising abilities and path-finding skills to get to TL as fast as possible.

And SB, a boomerang won't kill. It may bonk them in the head, but that is all it will do.

Also, mountains means strong winds, thus, altering the precision of the projectiles.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
And TL's skills of being a master with all his weaponless would give him way too many options for ICs to handle.

UncleSam

Smash Master
They could move out of sniping range if it is a snowy mountain and then make a plan there.

And their experience at climbing mountains would give them great improvising abilities and path-finding skills to get to TL as fast as possible.
even for experienced climbers it's tough to climb a mountain. TL could shoot one of them down while climbing
BECAUSE OF THE FACT that the IC's would be focusing on climbing the mountain.
ALSO even if they make it up and format a plan... they have to climb down
YOU ARE ALSO assuming the battle is in an advantageous position for the climbers

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
A boomerang stuns them long enough for TL to get his next projectile ready.

Why are they fighting on a mountain?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, but TL would also have to struggle with the winds in the mountain, and his lack of proper protection, the snow and the winds would really hinder his accuracy.

SB: Snowy mountain, plain island and rocky island.

Icey, TL and neutral respectively.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't get it. They're fighting at 3 locations?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Like the Ganon fight where we judged each of the ganon's attempts against Ike, we judge each character attempt at different locations.

Would add another layer of depth to the fights.

UncleSam

Smash Master

anyway, we've never dealt with environments in MU's have we?
we've always had them play on still grounds
@paya- that was because no ganon was the same

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ok, let's just say ICs win on the mountain.

TL wins at the other 2 locations. >_>

payasofobia

Smash Champion
In the snake vs Wolf and Diddy vs Luke MUs....and they were perphaps one of the best debates in the history of this thread.

IMO, we should go back to that format.

It is not official, but we should unnoficially do that.

And SB, that is up to debate.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well, the only thing you said that would make the ICs win is that projectiles won't work in the mountains (even though TL/YL's do in their games >_>), so I don't see how ICs can win anywhere else.

tocador

Smash Lord
Boomerangs arent like in games that they go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and hit and hurt.

They are pretty much like a weak kick on the place they hit.

I dont know how TL can use this to stop 2 ice climbers.

Besides a sword, TL dosent have any real advantages over IC's(except arrows, wich i dont know if are allowed so i will stay quiet). 2 Hammers > 1 sword + 1 shield? I dont know, and i think this is where is MU is gonna take place.

ps: I've been hit by bumerangs, alot, and even when they are really strong, they arent TOO fast and you can dodge them form a mile. And they dont hurt too much.

ps2: I like playing with boomerangs, but im not australian :D.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, the only thing you said that would make the ICs win is that projectiles won't work in the mountains (even though TL/YL's do in their games >_>), so I don't see how ICs can win anywhere else.
Rocky areas have plenty of cracks, roads and depressions that would make it difficult to hit someone if they use stealth, and still have plenty of ascensions that would make an attentive sniper able to hit his enemy.

This would be similar to the Snake vs Wolf fight....except to a smaller scale.

tocador

Smash Lord
@Arena of mu: All of pasts mus tried to be a even place so there would be a fair and square fight.

A clean arena isnt even, it favors projectile users, so if we choose to make this match fair, at least a jungle or a place with some rocks/trees to hide.

Or if you say clean = even, lets go with the standart "desert devasted place of Resident Evil movies".

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Exactly.

It is Final Destination balanced....except that projectiles kill in one hit, bubble shied does not work, sidestepping does not work, you can't jump high and projectiles are as fast as link's fully charged arrow.

UncleSam

Smash Master
IMO, we should go back to that format.

It is not official, but we should unnoficially do that.
dude you COULD have brought it up at any time, but you only bring it up here cause you think IC's will win that way >.>
plus snake vs. Wolf and Diddy vs. luke were prolly pretty even anyway so you resorted on stages to deal with it instead.
Besides a sword, TL dosent have any real advantages over IC's(except arrows, wich i dont know if are allowed so i will stay quiet).
arrows r allowed
2 Hammers > 1 sword + 1 shield? I dont know, and i think this is where is MU is gonna take place.
1hammer and another hammer somewhere else vs. a dude with bow+quiver,boomerang, some amount of bombs, a sword, and shield.

ps: I've been hit by bumerangs, alot, and even when they are really strong, they arent TOO fast and you can dodge them form a mile. And they dont hurt too much.
you fail at catching
loljk

IMO it seems everybody is BS'ing their way through these debates now
everything now favors projectile users because they are favorable to begin with.
a guy with gun on a flat surface verses guy with knife. who do you think will win? that's right guy with gun because projectile favors it isn't the stages fault wtf?
I thought this thread was supposed to be as real as possible and in RL projectiles win

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I love how none of what you guys are saying makes sense, lol.

Top Bottom