• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
im just messin with ya :p

Even though YLink is quicker, do you think he'd be able to handle these two using a slight speed advantage alone?

belbzm

Smash Rookie
wow

Cheapest Gold @ www.Belrion.com
10kGold for 62usd ! Secure Manual Powerlevel + Cheap Accounts Too !
While Stock Last ^^
Paypal World Seller + Macfee Secured Site ^^
USE WOW GOLD COUPON CODE for 5% Bonus: wow2277

UncleSam

Smash Master
which game are we taking young link from?
I know TL is about 12-13, play WW.
if we're taking YOUNG link from OoT he's 10
if we're taking him from MM maybe he might be a year older IDK

Sieguest

Smash Master
Aha so my question has been answered!
If Ice Climbers get close then they can double team him
but due to Y/T Links speed advantage he can shoot and arrow or light a bomb run, throw the bomb or shoot the arrow and repeat until he at least kills one climber.

The climbers could rope rush him, but the sword would cut through the rope, unless the climbers get creative with the rope due to its properties (psuedo sling shot?) dangerous but maybe

UncleSam

Smash Master
Aha so my question has been answered!
If Ice Climbers get close then they can double team him
but due to Y/T Links speed advantage he can shoot and arrow or light a bomb run, throw the bomb or shoot the arrow and repeat until he at least kills one climber.

The climbers could rope rush him, but the sword would cut through the rope, unless the climbers get creative with the rope due to its properties (psuedo sling shot?) dangerous but maybe
wasn't the rope limited in range?

Sieguest

Smash Master
*goes back to Olimar vs. IC topic*

brb will edit

EDIT:
Figured out rope length
A standard climbing rope length is 50 meters
due to the mountains that are climbed by the climbers, I could accurately say they may use a rope at about 60 meters

Also due to the mountains the climbers climb, and they would more likely have a dynamic strength rope with high static elongation and low maximum impact force...
rope facts from IC vs Olimar

Sieguest

Smash Master
describe low maximum impact force.
maximum impact force is basically how much force is transferred to the climber or transferred to the rope...

If a lot of the energy from the shock of a fall is tranferred to the climber then it has High maximum impact force....
If more of the energy from the shock of a fall is absorbed by the rope...then you have low maximum impact force

UncleSam

Smash Master
too busy playing dissidia, if the shock is absorbed into the rope it won't do much to TL?
and wont the rope sort of sling back if cut?
have no idea what that has to do with anything, yet

Sieguest

Smash Master
too busy playing dissidia, if the shock is absorbed into the rope it won't do much to TL?
and wont the rope sort of sling back if cut?
have no idea what that has to do with anything, yet
The shock of a fall is...I'm not sure how it entirely plays into damage done though...the low maximum impact force just means the the climber won't suffer from whiplash from falling...

the high static elongation just means that it's stretches leading to a low maximum impact force.

You would have the slingshot effect if TL cut the rope...but what about a slingshot approach with the rope...that's covering 60 meters of distance, at high acceleration, leading to a hard hit...

or using the hook to try and stab TL from range?

UncleSam

Smash Master
The shock of a fall is...I'm not sure how it entirely plays into damage done though...the low maximum impact force just means the the climber won't suffer from whiplash from falling...
I meant that the type of rope would cause less of a hit if the impact to TL was partially absorbed by the rope

the high static elongation just means that it's stretches leading to a low maximum impact force.
tru fax

You would have the slingshot effect if TL cut the rope...but what about a slingshot approach with the rope...that's covering 60 meters of distance, at high acceleration, leading to a hard hit...
that's at maximum range, IMO tink wouldn't be that far seeing as it'll be hard to hit fast with an arrow that far
or using the hook to try and stab TL from range?

I'm guessing this is the type of hook IC's are using.
the only way for that to kill somebody is to get it behind TL's head or something and pull in so the points dig into his head.
when trying to fling it from a distance it can be avoidable

Sieguest

Smash Master

I meant that the type of rope would cause less of a hit if the impact to TL was partially absorbed by the rope

The flow of energy is different...
from a fall you :
acceleration of your fall+ your mass=total force
force=>rope=>climber(who is attached to the rope which is why the force is shared)

In TL's case you have
acceleration of rope times mass=total force

force=>TL
the rope won't absorb the force this time because the rope is the first and TL is the first recipient

I'm guessing this is the type of hook IC's are using.
the only way for that to kill somebody is to get it behind TL's head or something and pull in so the points dig into his head.
when trying to fling it from a distance it can be avoidable
trufax....*throws out window*

UncleSam

Smash Master
The flow of energy is different...
from a fall you :
acceleration of your fall+ your mass=total force
force=>rope=>climber(who is attached to the rope which is why the force is shared)

In TL's case you have
acceleration of rope times mass=total force

force=>TL
the rope won't absorb the force this time because the rope is the first and TL is the first recipient
K, but that's if it hits. we're still assuming both players aren't moving targets.
it'll be tough for either to hit but tougher to hit with rope from afar.

trufax....*throws out window*
don't you h8 true fax?
EDIT: I guess not <= ignore this

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol we're the only two discussing something....

is there anything left to hit on?
:laugh:I think we've covered long range how about short?
short range is all about how the IC's plan their attack, and how TL will adapt.
have you played WW?

Sieguest

Smash Master
:laugh:I think we've covered long range how about short?
short range is all about how the IC's plan their attack, and how TL will adapt.
have you played WW?
In short range...I think ICs may have it...unless....spin attack ftw....one can confront TL head on while the other takes advantages of that opporutnity and lands a cold mallet on his head...TL can take on one I'm sure about that, with better speed...(and better range?) but I'm not sure about two

I have not played WindWaker
I have played Phantom Hourglass though

REL38

Smash Lord
lol we're the only two discussing something....

is there anything left to hit on?
Would the terrain have any noticable effects?

A wasteland would give IC's cover from Linky's arrows, but that would give him time to switch to bombs.

A flat battlefield will almost force the climbers to split up.

The predictable result is leaning to projectiles winning yet again.

UncleSam

Smash Master
In short range...I think ICs may have it...unless....spin attack ftw....one can confront TL head on while the other takes advantages of that opporutnity and lands a cold mallet on his head...TL can take on one I'm sure about that, with better speed...(and better range?) but I'm not sure about two
I'll be getting to this in a sec.
I have not played WindWaker
I have played Phantom Hourglass though
aw WW was great, ur missing out.
what was I getting at?
oh yeah:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEAG1tFtPPA&feature=related
watch it, if you don't understand I can clear things up.

REL38

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it'll become less effective the longer it has to go. For instance, a lasso is rarely used to grab cattle several, several yards away. They always use it at closer range. That's why you don't see whips that are any longer than a few meters. The force exerted from the arms will shrivel down while transitioning to the rope if it has to travel several meters then opposed to traveling a few feet.

Rather than use it inflict damage, it should be used to make Linky fall over. Aim for the legs, make him fall over and a climber will proceed to tenderize one of his limbs with those cleats.

A spin attack would throw him off balance :/
It would also be much less effective than a normal sword slash

UncleSam

Smash Master
Rather than use it inflict damage, it should be used to make Linky fall over. Aim for the legs, make him fall over and a climber will proceed to tenderize one of his limbs with those cleats.
what r u talking about?
popo could just curb stomp TL then

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'll be getting to this in a sec.

aw WW was great, ur missing out.
what was I getting at?
oh yeah:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEAG1tFtPPA&feature=related
watch it, if you don't understand I can clear things up.
O I C
TL has got speed and range working for him...and his mobility is far above average...if he could take on five darknuts then good stuff...

ICs up close have incredible jumping ability,but their hammer does not provide great range....TL could spin attack if he's getting overwhelmed or do that jumping slash to relieve some pressure

Although ICs also have teamwork-spinning with each other could pose a problem for TL in close range

@rel-good point...but TL still has his sword with which he could cut the rope with if they try to sweep him.

UncleSam

Smash Master
yeah that's the gist of it.
could the IC's control their movement while spinning?
they are letting momentum take control of them, while they spin, are you sure they can effectively move without falling over? or at least do it without getting dizzy?
spin around in one spot for a little bit and come back to me

JOE!

Smash Hero
do you really thik YLink could do an effective spin attack, or those jumping manuevers in RL?

and, would the rope cut in 1 hit, if it isnt tense, due to its elasticity

UncleSam

Smash Master
do you really thik YLink could do an effective spin attack, or those jumping manuevers in RL?
he wouldn't be able to great spin but a spin attack is just one spin.
as for rolling around your opponent and attacking, it's possible. especially since the IC's are what? the same size as link?
and, would the rope cut in 1 hit, if it isnt tense, due to its elasticity
me and cherrim will look into that

climbing rope, I've used it before and yes, it's tough. It can carry a lot of weight because of how it was strung together.
the sharpness of a sword is based off of the thickness of the blade which changes the cutting edge.

this is the master sword, I can't tell how sharp it is because it's giving me the end of the blade nobody cares about, if anyone has other pictures that show the edged plz share.

Sieguest

Smash Master
@JOE!-If it didn't cut in one hit then TL could just stick the sword to where as the climbers continually progress forward the sword will cut it for him.

@UncleSam- They could only spin in one direction seeing how it's based off of momentum.
Dizziness? I couldn't really assume that because I don't know EXACTLY how they're conditioned...

I spun around ten times after reading your message! :D I'm still here! :D

REL38

Smash Lord
How convential is it to spin around, holding your weapon out?

I Tae Kwon Do, there are kicks where you do a quick spin because it gives you momentum on your kick. I'm uncertain as to how well that would translate to these fighters. Linky might pull it off, but not so much IC's if done together.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I spun around ten times after reading your message! :D I'm still here! :D
It took you 6 hours to respond to that, I question ur logix in that statement.
How convential is it to spin around, holding your weapon out?
swinging a weapon alone could use the entire body allowing as much momentum and force as possible.

In Tae Kwon Do, there are kicks where you do a quick spin because it gives you momentum on your kick. I'm uncertain as to how well that would translate to these fighters. Linky might pull it off, but not so much IC's if done together.
depends how the IC's are linked to each other, if you start to hold your arm out for example the momentum pulls your arm to the outside of your body because of inertia. the same can be applied to the IC's since they are not one body they could fling eachother away from themselves if they hold hands. remember only one hand is free if they are using hammers. so they'd have to link their free hands together in a way to get the maximum amount of momentum.
just explaining it, not sure how this can be applied yet.
Q: are the IC's hammers 1 handed or 2 handed

REL38

Smash Lord
@Sam

If we're using the ones from Brawl, then it's kinda both.
Two hands would allow for more control and force.
They probably can use it with just one, but the drawbacks aren't really worth it (i.e. Less control, more cooldown, more open to attack)

Using the mallets one handed to spin would work, but I'm not sure if it'll be as effective as Linky's.

Linky's would be quicker catching them off guard. IC's would need to build momentum making it risky. When they're starting to spin, linky would have time to react by dodging or attacking.

Top Bottom