• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
When I mean finals, I mean that I did not practice thanks to me posting in this thread.

And I was so close.... :(

Screw you all!!!

If this thread wan't so interesting then I would not have lost at the semi-finals!!!

REL38

Smash Lord
lol what's with the off topic ness! :D

we're talking about ICs vs. TL in close range...
We get off topic for a few posts and the people who mean serious business gotta ruin the fun :/

Close Range: Linky would probably have the upperhand by having a better weapon that can be controlled better. The mallet is heavy so every hit will leave a climber vulnerable. But if both are going at em', then it's no contest.

Also, TL taking on 5 knights doesn't transition well into this match. A real team of knights would surround him and not be limited to gameplay mechanics that force them to head STRAIGHT toward the target.

tocador

Smash Lord
*Yawn*

Dam my head hurts ><.

woot, yesterday was fun :p.

Hum.... back to the topic, i still go with IC's, 2 > 1, i mean, one holds link formt he back, the others hammers his nuts. What can link do about it hu?

tocador

Smash Lord
Hum....

About hammers dont killing....

Not really, a hammer to the face is like a stronger punch to the face. If you manage to get one face hit with the hammer your are going to knock your opponent out, and with 2 or 3 more "hammers" to the face you can score a kill.

Sure, a hammer isnt a sword, but it is still a weapon.

UncleSam

Smash Master
If the 2 guys manage to get close, they win. Or better, 1 dies and turns into meath shield!!!!!

ps: Link dont have a gun :X
I'm trying to point out that a long range weapon is much more efficient, link can easily take one down before they reach him.
plus popo, couldn't really attack while trying to hold up nana when she's dead.
a person with weapons doesn't have trouble taking out 2 people who can hardly do anything close range.

plus I don't think IC's are that fast, they have 60m of climbing rope, parkas, hammers, and cleats holding them down. Arrows are light, a boomerang is nothing, you should know you've held one tocador. TL's master sword is small to compensate for his size so it shouldn't be that heavy IDK, and the shield is questionable.
I have no idea how heavy the bombs are but with high maneuverability IDK how the IC's could even catch him. 2 vs. 1 shouldn't be a problem when the 1 has better equipment and maneuverability. that's how I see it.
EDIT: the hammer is made out of wood.
and TL has sword, shield, bomb, boomerang, arrows, anything else?

EDIT: btw fire arrow do exits, EDIT2: or at least I think they do

tocador

Smash Lord
How do we estabilish the distance between them? Are they really far away, or like, 10 foot away? This is kinda important in this mu too.

But, TL "weaponary" isnt really that effective. Boomerangs are very limited in "amo" and dont kill. They barely hurt. Bombs can be thrown back and dont have too much range.

Only threat i can see are the arrows. Those even if hit arent 1HKO always. They really depend on the spot they hit and on weather conditions(windy?). But yeah, i can see this is a threat and if ice climbers cant approach fast they are going to die.

Even that sword + shield > hammer, you need to take in account that link is going to fight 2 persons, and its really hard to do so if you are not chuck norris/bruce lee/mac gruber, so thats why i think IC have the edge on melee play.

But yeah, unless IC have abnormal reflexes, or the battle starts up on close range, or popo uses nana as a meat shield they wont approach link.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Tocador

I highly doubt either climber would use the other as a shield.

They're siblings/friends/significant other. They'd be overcome with emotion by seeing the other die. If you had someone you loved die by a gunshot and you're in danger of being shot as well, the VAST majority of people will either run to the other's side or have emotion drive their offense/defense (which is bad in this fight).

The other climber will be in shock.

I say we consider applying a psychological aspect to some these fights. In this one, if the other dies, then the living climber is going to be shocked to see a loved one dead. It adds a nice element and can change the flow of battle.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Fire arrows exist. Dip 'em in pitch and light them on fire.

Another thing: IC's aren't combat trained. They're used to climbing, not fighting. They fight, but they're not as accustomed to it as Toon Link, who's trained with Orca, one of the best swordsman all across the land.

tocador

Smash Lord
@Tocador

I highly doubt either climber would use the other as a shield.

They're siblings/friends/significant other. They'd be overcome with emotion by seeing the other die. If you had someone you loved die by a gunshot and you're in danger of being shot as well, the VAST majority of people will either run to the other's side or have emotion drive their offense/defense (which is bad in this fight).

The other climber will be in shock.

I say we consider applying a psychological aspect to some these fights. In this one, if the other dies, then the living climber is going to be shocked to see a loved one dead. It adds a nice element and can change the flow of battle.
Biologically you dont give a **** if your friend/relative dies. The human only "mission" in earth is to survive, so if you need to live by the death of a friend of yours, you will do it, even if you dont want to, its part of human nature as a animal.

The only ones you would give your life for theirs are kids/wifes, because they are the one that can make your genes live, and they are the only ones, so biologicaly, they are the only ones that matters.

If nana dies, the only thing it will do is help popo as a meat shield.

Edit: Even with nana as a meat shield i doubt popo can kill link in the melee combat withought her help.

UncleSam

Smash Master

Rizen

Smash Legend
How can anyone beat Samus? She's wearing a powersuit that can shoot missiles and can walk in lava! This is unfair to fantasy characters who can't use magic. How would Snake or Samus' weapons work in real life anyway?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Walking on lava? Would we even let that happen or use a volcano environment...?

We nerf the characters and sometimes buff them to make things balanced....

Some things do need to "revert to the way the thread originally was," but I wasn't around at that time, so I wouldn't know :p

EDIT:Where would she be keeping the missiles anyway...?

tocador

Smash Lord
Walking on lava? Would we even let that happen or use a volcano environment...?

We nerf the characters and sometimes buff them to make things balanced....

Some things do need to "revert to the way the thread originally was," but I wasn't around at that time, so I wouldn't know :p

EDIT:Where would she be keeping the missiles anyway...?
I know were she keeps those missles.

And i heard that the missles have vibrating function too.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I c wat you did thar.

The missile would tear her ******l tissue though >_>
No, because she's a SUPER athlete! I heard athletes are pretty durable... SUPER athletes would be super durable.

Tough as diamonds!

And on-topic... Link wins long-range and mid-range, ICs definitely win close-range. Their hammers give them range, and both of them attacking simultaneously would be too difficult for Link to do anything. Once Link falls down by being pushed or whatever, he'll have to deal with 4 legs equipped with cleats... That's it for him.

tocador

Smash Lord
But aproaching is basicaly impossible. Only way IC's can aproach is with ninja dodging or using one as a meat shield.

But if one of them dies the other is doomed to loose versus better weaponary.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
But aproaching is basicaly impossible. Only way IC's can aproach is with ninja dodging or using one as a meat shield.

But if one of them dies the other is doomed to loose versus better weaponary.
Their hammers are huge. They can use them as a blockade of sorts and hunch down so that the massive parts protect their heads and vital organs. They might get shot in the legs, but it's not like the legs get blown off, right? Plus it's HELL aiming at quick-moving targets like legs.

[/roleplaying]

And I've been waiting for this MU to end FOREVER! Just pick the one the majority desires and there, game over! I don't know why I'm even replying. o_o

UncleSam

Smash Master
link has metal weapons, IC's have cleats which they can't just use at any time, unless they want to throw their shoes at link, they also have wooden mallets.
the Master sword is more versatile and powerful than hammers. plus one climber will prolly be shot down b4 they reach him.
IMO IC's have to rush their way though long and mid range where link can easily kill them, I don't see how IC's can win this.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, they're pretty swift and can possibly separate. Don't forget the rope, though. It has plenty of little uses.

I think it's best to consider the CQC now.
Random close-range scenario after Link switches to sword and shield...

IC's get lots of ropes and each grabs an end. They split up and run in Link's direction, but not towards Link! They try to circle around Link, and pay attention if Link jumps, ducks or tries to cut the rope with his sword, where they then get closer so as to make the rope go low enough to "cushion" the blow and not get cut. They pull the rope a bit higher after Link tried to slash at it, then circle around Link, tying his hands in an uncomfortable position (along with his shield). Once Link is tied up, they lay him down and stomp on his face with cleats. Weee!

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
More powerful than a hammer?

Do you know how powerful blunt force damage can be?

You can take a sword blow and still be moving for a bit, but when you're hammer(especially at the head) with great force, it's either a KO or gg. And they have the number advantage.

I don't see why they have to rush. They could just wait till YL runs out of arrows.

EDIT:LOL Kewkky.

UncleSam

Smash Master
More powerful than a hammer?

Do you know how powerful blunt force damage can be?

You can take a sword blow and still be moving for a bit,
depends on where you're getting hit, IC's have no armor, link has a shield.
but when you're hammer(especially at the head) with great force, it's either a KO or gg. And they have the number advantage.
TL has more maneuverability, he can dodge the blows and counter attack, and he has a shield, he's not stupid.
I don't see why they have to rush. They could just wait till YL runs out of arrows.
are you sure they'd be able to dodge 60-90 arrows? coming at them very fast? wtf.
EDIT:LOL Kewkky.
lol

Emperor Time

Smash Lord

depends on where you're getting hit, IC's have no armor, link has a shield.

TL has more maneuverability, he can dodge the blows and counter attack, and he has a shield, he's not stupid.

are you sure they'd be able to dodge 60-90 arrows? coming at them very fast? wtf.

lol
Yeah, TL has A shield and IC's have hammerS. Do the math.
Moreover, TL'l probably stagger/be shaken after blocking. The shield doesn't even look that big. This would be even worse if they attack the some point simultaneously.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Yeah, TL has A shield and IC's have hammerS. Do the math.
Moreover, TL'l probably stagger/be shaken after blocking. The shield doesn't even look that big. This would be even worse if they attack the some point simultaneously.
link has A shield, A sword, high maneuverability, a GTFO move (spin attack).
and a stab to the chest is a fatal blow, if a climber attacks.
1. stab
2. popo dies
3. ???
4. profit

tocador

Smash Lord
Sam, you didnt prove me TL would win. Its just that in a desert place with them "spawning" far from other it is just too hard for IC's to cover a wall of arrows to aproach.

I knew it since the begining, but i needed to defend them to make the discussion interesting.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
link has A shield, A sword, high maneuverability, a GTFO move (spin attack).
and a stab to the chest is a fatal blow, if a climber attacks.
1. stab
2. popo dies
3. ???
4. profit
TL either takes the time to pull the sword out of all those layers and gets hit by the other Climber or runs and has no sword.

Hmmmmm, spin attack.

TL:*SPIIIIIIN*
IC's: I think we should back the f away.
TL:*Pant, pant, pant*
IC'S:Gg.

UncleSam

Smash Master
TL either takes the time to pull the sword out of all those layers and gets hit by the other Climber or runs and has no sword.

Hmmmmm, spin attack.

TL:*SPIIIIIIN*
IC's: I think we should back the f away.
TL:*Pant, pant, pant*
IC'S:Gg.
he wouldn't be able to great spin but a spin attack is just one spin.
but a spin attack is just one spin.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Good read.

Ok, so he's swinging the **** thing. It's still a wide/punishable move.
spin in place one time, and come back to me, see how long it takes to regain yourself,
I can regain myself right away, I can do it with practice swords, it takes no time at all.
btw: it doesn't take a while to pull out a sword from layers, it doesn't take much time to pull a sword out of chainmail once you have stabbed through it.
I don't see how IC's are going to go past long range anyway.
close range is barely advantage IC's
long and mid are links game, he's fast he can create distance faster than the IC's can.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
spin in place one time, and come back to me, see how long it takes to regain yourself,
I can regain myself right away, I can do it with practice swords, it takes no time at all.
btw: it doesn't take a while to pull out a sword from layers, it doesn't take much time to pull a sword out of chainmail once you have stabbed through it.
I don't see how IC's are going to go past long range anyway.
close range is barely advantage IC's
long and mid are links game, he's fast he can create distance faster than the IC's can.
Spin in place with a bag of arrows, rang, bow, and shield on your back while wielding a sword. Moreover, let's add the physique of a 12 year old.

*raises eyebrow*

EDIT:Or however the hell old he is *shrugs*

Top Bottom