• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Oh...my...

-------

If thought was faster than the speed of light, then I suppose anyone could see, adjust and knock a 90 mph fast ball out of the park every time.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That is gravity altering the course of the light, not the speed of the black hole.

Light is the second fastest thing in the universe, not the most dense thing.

tocador

Smash Lord
Oh...my...

-------

If thought was faster than the speed of light, then I suppose anyone could see, adjust and knock a 90 mph fast ball out of the park every time.
Thinking is different from reaction time.

To react to a certain thing, you must at least see/smell/hear it. All these things arent thoughts, they are neurotransmitters sending messages to your brain, so then after your brain calculating the consequences, you think on what you should do. After thinking your brain then sends the actions to your body to then act accordingly.

Reaction time isnt all about thinking, thats why we arent jesus.

And yeah, before acting ness needs to think, thats when mewtwo mind reading skill comes in handy. With previous knowladge of what your opponent will do, you can just crush him down before he can even do it.

And like i said, PK flash isnt auto casted, as shown in games, it takes at least 1-2 seconds to cast.

Uffe

Smash Hero
this statement is false in so many ways.
the gravitational field is so strong in a black hole that even light gets pulled in.
it has NOTHING to do with speed

Okay, smart ***. I was asking, not stating.

And like i said, PK flash isnt auto casted, as shown in games, it takes at least 1-2 seconds to cast.
No it doesn't. Even 1 or 2 seconds is too long for it. If you're talking about choosing an attack and going with it, it's the same way for Pokemon.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Thinking is different from reaction time.

To react to a certain thing, you must at least see/smell/hear it. All these things arent thoughts, they are neurotransmitters sending messages to your brain, so then after your brain calculating the consequences, you think on what you should do. After thinking your brain then sends the actions to your body to then act accordingly.

Reaction time isnt all about thinking, thats why we arent jesus.

And yeah, before acting ness needs to think, thats when mewtwo mind reading skill comes in handy. With previous knowladge of what your opponent will do, you can just crush him down before he can even do it.

Reflexes are faster than thought.

That's just how slow thinking stuff is.

We living beings suck in comparison to many mother physic phenomenons in the universe. The only thing we have going for us is complexity and organization.

Also, Ness reads minds, teleports and moves things too, I already said that lots of times. They are the same except for the fact that ness has a god-mode move.

Also:

We got them boobies.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh...my...

-------

*points to tocador's post...*

tocador speaks truth...
the thought "the ball is coming I must hit it is instant"

depending on when the player RECOGNIZES the ball is a different story...

recognize leads to the thought which leads to the action...if he doesn't recognize the ball until later he misses..but the thought is still instant.

relexes are a response to recognition...*points above* and a reaction is performed

payasofobia

Smash Champion
*points to tocador's post...*

tocador speaks truth...
the thought "the ball is coming I must hit it is instant"

depending on when the player RECOGNIZES the ball is a different story...

recognize leads to the thought which leads to the action...if he doesn't recognize the ball until later he misses..but the thought is still instant.
Instant for our humanly standards. Light is inhuman.

The thing is that you won't recognize how fast light is because you are way too slow to know it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Instant for our humanly standards. Light is inhuman.

The thing is that you won't recognize how fast light is because you are way too slow to know it.
you can't recognize when you think either because you do it when you don't know it...unless you consciously think to perform the action...and even then you weren't thinking about thinking until after you started thinking about thinking...>_>

same thing

edit: YESH SAM COME BACK TO NEUTRAL!
We have all the good stuff :p

tocador

Smash Lord
Sure, a flash is more destructive then exploding someones head just by making their water molecules on blood condensing in the head and making them explode.

Ness dosent have a god-move. Its a attack, a powerfull one, just like any other attack. But the fact it isnt instantaneous, and that no, ness cant read minds(anime/games tell this), whereas mewtwo can control both his mind and his body, is a big deal.

Ness god-move, is weak, very weak, it has casting times, needs to be aimed, and needs lots of concentration because it moves at "light speed". Mewtwo can kill someone just by thinking, and in less that 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 second, just by condensing water molecules inside nesses body. This is faster than casting a pk flash, and far more deadly.

Plus, teleportation can only save you from projectiles, not from things like this.

@Paya: There is no point in discussing how fast light is, or isnt. Pk flash has casting time, this is time enough for ness to die.

Plus, teleportation nullifies projectiles, as you can both alter dimensions, and run forever from the projectile.

The sad thing for ness, is, you cant teleport away from your blood, or from air, because they are inside you. And that's what mewtwo need to kill.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Do you have proof of this, tocador? I mean the whole Mewtwo-can-get-into-Ness'-body-and-kill-instantly? So far we know that PK Flash has a high probability of killing an opponent instantly. Trust me, this attack doesn't miss as much as PK Thunder. Not much has been shown on Mewtwo's side except picking up and throwing things.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
you can't recognize when you think either because you do it when you don't know it...unless you consciously think to perform the action...and even then you weren't thinking about thinking until after you started thinking about thinking...>_>

same thing
Whatever. Keep denying the workings of our universe.

300 milliseconds to begin to understand a pictured object. another 450 milliseconds to fully comprehend what it was. Total speed of thought: 750 milliseconds.

Speed of light: 299 792 458 m / 1000 milliseconds

224 844 343.5 m/750 milliseconds

In 3/4 a second it takes for Mewtwo to know that the Flash is harmful, the flash has already left the atmosphere.

tocador

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was able to change the weather on the movie(specifically sunny to rainny).

Only ways you can do that is by:

1.Creating water molecules on the atmosphere(impossible).

2.Making a large amount of water evaporte(global warming?)

3.Condensating water molecules located in the air, so that it accelerates thr process of crating rain.

And you are back :D.

@Paya: When ness thinks on attacking, mewtwo will automatically know that, and kill him.

If we consider their reactions time the same, it will go to the one who can cast the first strike.

Casting the pk flash uses a casting time, wich is the time mewtwo uses to kill him.

The end.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

300 milliseconds to begin to understand a pictured object. another 450 milliseconds to fully comprehend what it was. Total speed of thought: 750 milliseconds.

In 3/4 a second it takes for Mewtwo to know that the Flash is harmful, the flash has already left the atmosphere.

Habit time: 0.1 seconds.

1/10 of a second for Ness to begin the light speed attack.

And the flash is instantaneous dude, it does not require casting time unlike in brawl.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Mewtwo was able to change the weather on the movie(specifically sunny to rainny).

3.Condensating water molecules located in the air, so that it accelerates thr process of crating rain.

Changing weather conditions =/= boiling blood. One, the area was near the ocean, both the Pokemon center and the fortress Mewtwo was in. Moisture from the water rises up into the air with the combination of warm air, both mixed together, correct me if I am wrong, thus giving you a thunderstorm and possibly a few waterspouts.

I has t3h questions.
how does Ness cast PK attacks?

His mind I'd assume. After all, it's PSI.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ima post this to prove it then.

In the movie mewtwo did 3 unusual things:

1.Changing weather

2.Moving bodys/reading minds/controling minds

3.Gravitational field

Changing weather i explained what it does.

Moving/reading/controiling bodys and minds, implies that after you know what the op is going to do, you can force him into not doing it, or better, kill him with his own strike.

Gravitational fied: To create a gravitational field you must:

1.Make a power source really strong that can suck anything(increasing weight, wich isnt really possible)

2.Moving particles to get a higher density and a stronger pull.

Moving particles is our answer here. When moving particles, mewtwo can just get the atmosphere pressure of 100 square feet, and move it into 1 square feet, right above ness. Result: The wieght over ness will be multiplied by 100, thus crushing his bones.

All of those can be done basically instanteneously.

@Paya: It isnt, in the game it takes a while to shoot it. And another point, no prove has been given still that flash attack moves at light speed. The best you said is: "Look at the name".

But it dosent matter, reading minds > all, gives you always the edge over any situation.

@Uffe: Your are partially wrong, thunderstorms dont have to do with water specifically, and they dont start in a split second with no clouds on the sky.

And when you change weather conditions, implies you can change the vibrations of atoms(thats what makes them solid/gas/liquid and such). So you can make atoms in someones blood vibrate faster so they can turn into gas, or slow them out making them ice. You choose your death.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Do you have proof of this, tocador? I mean the whole Mewtwo-can-get-into-Ness'-body-and-kill-instantly? So far we know that PK Flash has a high probability of killing an opponent instantly. Trust me, this attack doesn't miss as much as PK Thunder. Not much has been shown on Mewtwo's side except picking up and throwing things.
When did Mewtwo have the power to condense?

Where do you people come up with this ****?
Pokemon the first movie...

wrong...two seperate thoughts...and you can't judge your thought speed...as soon as object is brought into focus thought occurs...it's instantaneous...learn your brain son...

you're thinking as soon as you read these words what these words say...

you would argue: "but the eyes take in reflected light to read these"
the light source is continous...so at every point in time there is light in your eyes...walking into a poorly lit room what do you notice first?

the idea that it is dark-or the black wall over yonder?
You would say the black wall over yonder, but actually you thought it was dark first...because you're eyes start to dilate(sp?) and plus you registered the thought of wall a wall is...

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Does blood have a gas form?

Rain - Wikipedia said:
On Earth, [rain] is the condensation of atmospheric water vapor into drops heavy enough to fall, often making it to the surface.
Water vapor is the gas state of water.

This needs to be more realistic by stripping both characters of unscientific psychic abilities.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@Paya: It isnt, in the game it takes a while to shoot it. And another point, no prove has been given still that flash attack moves at light speed. The best you said is: "Look at the name".

But it dosent matter, reading minds > all, gives you always the edge over any situation.
That's the attack animation dude, not a sure tell about how the attack works. Otherwise the game would be boring.

Pokemon the first movie...

wrong...two seperate thoughts...and you can't judge your thought speed...as soon as object is brought into focus thought occurs...it's instantaneous...learn your brain son...

you're thinking as soon as you read these words what these words say...

you would argue: "but the eyes take in reflected light to read these"
the light source is continous...so at every point in time there is light in your eyes...walking into a poorly lit room what do you notice first?

the idea that it is dark-or the black wall over yonder?
You would say the black wall over yonder, but actually you thought it was dark first...because you're eyes start to dilate(sp?) and plus you registered the thought of wall a wall is...
Instant is a false term, for there is no instant action in this universe.

Everything moves at a certain speed, even when it does not seem like it.

And light simply moves faster than thought. Just go lurk moar.

Electricity is fast, but it will never be as fast as a flash of light. Never. Ever. Our minds are limited and we living beings are slow to act and react.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

Around 300 milliseconds. That's how long it took a volunteer to begin to understand a pictured object. Add to that another 450 milliseconds to fully comprehend what it was. Total speed of thought: 750 milliseconds.

Such are the results coming out of work conducted by John Hopkins scientists seeking to measure rates of comprehension. "This information has been difficult to acquire," says neurologist and team leader John Hart, "even with different combinations of behavioural tests, electrical recordings and imaging studies such as PET scans."
Yet by taking advantage of a unique opportunity afforded by a patient scheduled for tests using electrodes surgically placed on his brain, the researchers have moved one step closer to "building theories of higher mental activity." Until now, the speed of cognitive operations (including language processing) has been the missing ingredient.

Reporting their findings in the May 25 Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences, the researchers describe how the patient was asked to name and categorize a variety of pictures and words. By way of a grid of 174 electrodes, his brain activity was then monitored. The speed of comprehension was far quicker for objects that were already familiar to him.

The data, obtained within a single stage at a single site in the brain, are further evidence that information accumulates gradually in the brain, rather than in a strictly all-or-none fashion.

tocador

Smash Lord
Does blood have a gas form?

Water vapor is the gas state of water.

This needs to be more realistic by stripping both characters of unscientific psychic abilities.
Anything has at least 3 forms, solid, liquid, and big boss gas. Anything at all, no exceptions.

In reallity there are things that can go to 5 forms, the otehr 2 being plasma and "condensado de bozo something". Dont ask me about the other 2 as i have little-to non knowladge about them.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Light manifestation.

Activated through mind. Can start anywhere.

There aren't really animations in EB that show it. But the animation leads one to believe it could come out from anywhere.

That's just my take. *Shrugs*

tocador

Smash Lord
That's the attack animation dude, not a sure tell about how the attack works. Otherwise the game would be boring.

Instant is a false term, for there is no instant action in this universe.

Everything moves at a certain speed, even when it does not seem like it.

And light simply moves faster than thought. Just go lurk moar.

Electricity is fast, but it will never be as fast as a flash of light. Never. Ever. Our minds are limited and we living beings are slow to act and react.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

Around 300 milliseconds. That's how long it took a volunteer to begin to understand a pictured object. Add to that another 250 to 450 milliseconds to fully comprehend what it was. Total speed of thought: between 550 and 750 milliseconds.

Such are the results coming out of work conducted by John Hopkins scientists seeking to measure rates of comprehension. "This information has been difficult to acquire," says neurologist and team leader John Hart, "even with different combinations of behavioural tests, electrical recordings and imaging studies such as PET scans."
Yet by taking advantage of a unique opportunity afforded by a patient scheduled for tests using electrodes surgically placed on his brain, the researchers have moved one step closer to "building theories of higher mental activity." Until now, the speed of cognitive operations (including language processing) has been the missing ingredient.

Reporting their findings in the May 25 Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences, the researchers describe how the patient was asked to name and categorize a variety of pictures and words. By way of a grid of 174 electrodes, his brain activity was then monitored. The speed of comprehension was far quicker for objects that were already familiar to him.

The data, obtained within a single stage at a single site in the brain, are further evidence that information accumulates gradually in the brain, rather than in a strictly all-or-none fashion.
This is a canon mu. So it admits reallity inside each characters reality. In animes and such teleportation is instant, so therefore it WILL be isntant in the MU.

Just like Spamus vs Mewtwo. Sure, there are things that go beyond reallity in samus arsenal, but they were accepted solely by the fact that it was a canon MU.

@ET: Sure no animation, but when you use it, it just dosent strike automatically, there is a DELAY, and thats what we can call a casting time.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
This is a canon mu. So it admits reallity inside each characters reality. In animes and such teleportation is instant, so therefore it WILL be isntant in the MU.

Just like Spamus vs Mewtwo. Sure, there are things that go beyond reallity in samus arsenal, but they were accepted solely by the fact that it was a canon MU.
That's what I am doing dude. I am adding reality to each's characters reality.

And if Mewtwo has teleportation, so does Ness.

Ness can teleport.
Can talk to beings no normal being can speak to thanks to telepathy.
Can move objects.

They are pretty much equal except that Ness has a god-mode attack while Mewtwo only has good looks.

Ness wins.

tocador

Smash Lord
And just to make something clear.

There is no evidence that in EB pk flash moved in light speed. The name says what the attack is made off, not its speed. Unless you can prove it, when shall consider it by using the only real measurement we can use, official info, or smash.

Edit:"Can talk to beings no normal being can speak to thanks to telepathy.

WOW, this is sure to give ness the win.

Can move objects."

Light ones btw. And not people.

Tacel

Smash Lord
In my opinion, PSI Powers are better than Pokémon attacks since they are all long ranged (I think).

Top Bottom