• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
LIKE EVERY **** CANON BATTLE< ITS AS IF A WIZARD DID IT AND THEY HAVE THEIR ABILITIES IN A REAL-LIFE SETTING!

anywho, Gygas didnt actually fight ness, ness survived him. And did ness really do it ALONE?

NEss doesnt screw with minds...but mewtwo does

How can he heal himself if paralyzed?

Mewtwo can TP too
but still how can you determine how what effects what....a wizard can't change the unknown resistance factor to something so foreign to each other...

JOE!

Smash Hero
What game anywhere does it show Mewtwo controlling bodies?

You forget that these humans have no psychic abilities, so it's kind of hard to tell whether or not Mewtwo can do this to everybody.
the anime, manga and movies of him.

canon =/= just games

actually, does ness have a means of preventing psychics from controlling his body?

as for their brains: ness has a human brain...M2 has a brain engineered for Psionics. he even has a second spinal cord leading to it

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ness has PK shield, which basically covers him in a shield of light that reduces damage done to him.

It does not reflect attacks though, it just shields him.

tocador

Smash Lord
And that offense is as fast as light and has a high chance of killing Mewtwo instantly.
And that mewtwo can teleport away or close to ness to get a insta KO on ness, while he teles in last mili-second :D.

And that mewtwo can control ness body + mind, making him unable to use psy-stuff, and making him a doll so that he can ram ness into heavy and hard stuff.

O yeah, mewtwo has barriers too :D.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Nothing is faster than the speed of light dude, how many times should I tell you?

And that mind control stuff won't work because both have telepathy and telekinesis, and both can block each other's telekinetic powers.

It comes down to their moves.

Show me your moves dude, what does Mewtwo has that can match a flash of light that kills opponents instantly?

Uffe

Smash Hero
the anime, manga and movies of him.

canon =/= just games

actually, does ness have a means of preventing psychics from controlling his body?

as for their brains: ness has a human brain...M2 has a brain engineered for Psionics. he even has a second spinal cord leading to it
The thing is is that I could ask you the same thing if Mewtwo has any means of preventing psychics from controlling his body. The thing is, neither of us will ever know, which is why I brought up Giygas in the first part of this discussion. Giygas controlled animals and some humans to attack Ness. They didn't have some personal vendetta on the teenager, they were being controlled. Ness however was never controlled. Do you think it's strange that if Giygas really could stop Ness by mind controlling him that he would have done it?

After all, Giygas knew of Ness and obviously didn't want Ness to live. So if that's the case, why not just mind control him? Could it be possible that he couldn't because Ness is also psychic?

controlling human bodies via. telepathy

He moved a bottle with his mind as a child just by simply pointing at it. What makes you think he couldn't do the same to a human?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Basicaly:

Teleportation can be accomplished by:

1 Breaking down one's particles and sending them elsewhere.

2 Dimensional travel or

3 Using a wormhole.

In order of seriousness.

1)
3)
2)

1 is very possible and researching the technology to reconstruct someone will make it possible.

2 is BS because physical transportation through parallel universes is impossible.

3 is likely, but has not been proven yet.

황미영

Smash Champion
If I remember Buzz Buzz says that Giygas' evil was so great that it had influence over the animals, not mind control.

A dark hole can stop that light attack.

tocador

Smash Lord
Nothing is faster than the speed of light dude, how many times should I tell you?

And that mind control stuff won't work because both have telepathy and telekinesis, and both can block each other's telekinetic powers.

It comes down to their moves.

Show me your moves dude, what does Mewtwo has that can match a flash of light that kills opponents instantly?
You are the one that cant read paya, just read about teleportations and such, and see what it can do, god dam it.

Mewtwo can explode your brain with creating pressure(gravity) arround your head untill it explodes. And while under that, ness wont be able to do **** =/.

Mewtwo dont have any "death ball of GG" attack, because he can control it all. With the possibility of controling the space with psyonic abilitys and changing nature conditions it self with gravity fields, he is able to make ness explode just with a finger snap.

He dosent need a attack, as a death ball, as there are easier methods to kill. Gravity field to crush ness bones, making sand enter his body and killing him by destroying internal organs with the sand that was turned into glass by presurization, making his head explode with the sheer power of 4 atms.

All of this are mewtwos weapons, simples as that. AS reference, he can control the weather and make gravity fields in the movie, and only with those reference i can prove all of the stated above.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You are the one that cant read paya, just read about teleportations and such, and see what it can do, god dam it.

Mewtwo can explode your brain with creating pressure(gravity) arround your head untill it explodes. And while under that, ness wont be able to do **** =/.

Mewtwo dont have any "death ball of GG" attack, because he can control it all. With the possibility of controling the space with psyonic abilitys and changing nature conditions it self with gravity fields, he is able to make ness explode just with a finger snap.

He dosent need a attack, as a death ball, as there are easier methods to kill. Gravity field to crush ness bones, making sand enter his body and killing him by destroying internal organs with the sand that was turned into glass by presurization, making his head explode with the sheer power of 4 atms.

All of this are mewtwos weapons, simples as that. AS reference, he can control the weather and make gravity fields in the movie, and only with those reference i can prove all of the stated above.

Ness knows telekinesis too dude.

And unless doing all that is faster than light, then GG dude.

It's as simple as that, Mewtwo can do impressive stuff but if he can't do them in time, then, what's the point?

Uffe

Smash Hero
If I remember Buzz Buzz says that Giygas' evil was so great that it had influence over the animals, not mind control.

A dark hole can stop that light attack.
But does it ever say that he's not controlling them?

Um, if Mewtwo really wanted to kill humans, wouldn't he have snapped his fingers to do so? What was the point of bringing Pokemon Trainers to him if that's all he had to do?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ness knows telekinesis too dude.

And unless doing all that is faster than light, then GG dude.

It's as simple as that, Mewtwo can do impressive stuff but if he can't do them in time, then, what's the point?
Just to strenghten my point:

Ike's f-smash vs MK d-smash, both at 100% damage.

Ike's attack screams overkill and sure death for MK, but the D-smash is simply faster and will always beat Ike no matter how powerfull his attack is because Ike will not have the time to hit with it.

황미영

Smash Champion
No, but the game itself explains what is going on. If anything why does the game not just go out and say he is controlling him. The only thing I can think off that did mind control was the Mani Mani statue (If thats not the namr sorry. xD)

UncleSam

Smash Master
Just to strenghten my point:

Ike's f-smash vs MK d-smash, both at 100% damage.

Ike's attack screams overkill and sure death for MK, but the D-smash is simply faster and will always beat Ike no matter how powerfull his attack is because he will not have the time to hit with it.
PSA can change that lol

Sieguest

Smash Master
Movie plots and game storylines would be ruined if truly evil characters who could eliminate there enemy in a snap actually did so...

just throwing that out there

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, I am back people, not sure how good this is gonna be though, I feel as though I am mentally drained right now; I will keep this short and sweet... or maybe not...

Ness and Mewtwo - a tale of two psychics.

Lets start, both Ness and Mewtwo are psychics, yes? Then skill with telekinesis is everything.

Mewtwo- Pokemon's Professor X and more

What he has: Mewtwo is the most powerful- and only- man-made psychic Pokemon in existence. While not matching up to some in overall might, Mewtwo has been known to be able to take on Mew and stalemate with him, and Mew is the most powerful psychic Pokemon in existence (Supposedly speaking, he CAN learn every single Pokemon move in existence and use them with proficiency), when you see Mewtwo do that, that means he is pretty ****ed powerful, and he gains his psychic proficiency from Mew, being a clone of Mew.

Extreme psychic proficiency - Being a imperfect (but pretty **** close to perfect) clone of Mew, Mewtwo has an extremely high natural Psychic proficiency that few-to-none can match. This genetic and training-honed proficiency makes Mewtwo an extreme threat with his powers in many- if not all- cases. He could probably lift a building if he put enough effort into it. Threat assessment from this is HIGH.

Battle-honed skill - This may be a given, because it can be assumed that Mewtwo may have been challenged by other Pokemon for supremacy over his area, thus he will have had to face alot of foes, giving his high battle experience to draw on, because of the variety of moves his opponents use, it can be assumed that Mewtwo might see some of Ness's moves as throwbacks to those of Pokemon, this is a possible advantage if it turns out to be the case.

-Ferocity - Mewtwo has alot of anger in him, if we draw his personality on that from the First Movie, even though Mewtwo was shown the better side of humanity, it can still be said that Mewtwo isn't trusting of humans, which Ness, barring his powers, is. However, because of the way he fights Mewtwo probably would attempt to give Ness a no quarter battle, if this is the case, then Ness is in for some major psychic blasts if he doesn't react quickly enough.

-Complex Mind - Lets face it, with the level of intelligence Mewtwo has been given via genetics, making plans is something he can excel at very well, if you can out-think your opponent, barring weaponry and opposing psychic power, you can beat just about anybody.

Ness - The Psychic kid from Onett

What he has: Ness, born in Onett, is a highly-skilled Psychic prodigy; showing signs as a baby, Ness has an extreme amount of power that cannot be matched by most foes. From PK-Pulse to PSI-Rockin', Ness has a variety of abilities, just as his opponent does. However, barring the fact he is a powerful psychic, Ness' physical structure is still that of a kid, and that makes him more frail than the largely built Mewtwo, Ness needs to use his smarts as well as his abilities to come out on top.

High-Psychic Proficiency - Lets face the facts, Ness has a high amount of psychic power at his disposal, how high this psychic potential goes is by no means small and how high it reaches is not quite determinable, but perhaps this battle will prove his worth surely and truly. Ness has PSI-powers in excess, and he can, and WILL use them.

Small Stature: If it comes down to projectiles, Ness has the advantage of size, being a smaller target makes you a harder to hit, as it is naturally known. So this gives Ness an advantage in longer range combat.

PSI-Power Variety: Since Ness has so much psychic skill, he has learned to use it in various ways. His PSI -powers give him the pro of versatility, he can mix and match his powers as he pleases, and come up with surprising combinations. This is a very goo trait to have.

Average IQ: Lets face facts, in a realistic setting, Ness' IQ would not be far above the "above-average" mark. While this doesn't truly serve as a disadvantage, it means Ness' options in terms of planning are limited unless an epiphany comes along.

My decision: DRAW

I cannot really compare these two, if it came down to physical combat, Mewtwo would win due to his stature (Mewtwo anatomically has no balls to kick). However, in a psychic combat zone, the two are more than formidable, and they show it through their psychic strength and prowess, genetic or not. I honestly think the two could blast each other all day, and neither would truly come out the victor. So for this match, I am on the fence leaning towards Mewtwo, but in the end, I am still at stalemate.

Thank you.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ask the man, i dont know why.

@Paya: Pressurization dosent take time, and as far as im concerned casting pk flash takes a casting time, of at least 1 second. This is more than enough time to explode someones head by sheer pressure.

Just take it. Pokemon movie was suposed to entertain kids, not to show that a human created pokemon would kill all human race. Sure he could have done it, they just didnt make him do it so that people think as pokemons as little pets and that love > all.

Mewtwo has sheer power going throu him, with the ability to read minds, and teleport, and exploding ness.

He can react faster than light speed, sure, he can even DENY ness to attack, by simply breaking down his snipal cord and such. Plus, he can just put a dam barrier and kill him.

Making sure you understood: Ness isnt faster than mewtwo, as mewtwo dont need time to kill, and can read minds. If ness throws a move, he can just dodge it and kill ness while doing that.

Yep, he is that awsome.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Neutral is fun because you get to laugh at the ignorance of both sides of the debate...better than anything either side could give you..

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Ask the man, i dont know why.

@Paya: Pressurization dosent take time, and as far as im concerned casting pk flash takes a casting time, of at least 1 second. This is more than enough time to explode someones head by sheer pressure.

Just take it. Pokemon movie was suposed to entertain kids, not to show that a human created pokemon would kill all human race. Sure he could have done it, they just didnt make him do it so that people think as pokemons as little pets and that love > all.

Mewtwo has sheer power going throu him, with the ability to read minds, and teleport, and exploding ness.

He can react faster than light speed, sure, he can even DENY ness to attack, by simply breaking down his snipal cord and such. Plus, he can just put a dam barrier and kill him.

Making sure you understood: Ness isnt faster than mewtwo, as mewtwo dont need time to kill, and can read minds. If ness throws a move, he can just dodge it and kill ness while doing that.

Yep, he is that awsome.
Wha....OK dude, thinking is faster than the speed of light.

Hell, thinking is faster than reflexes, god, what was I thinking.

I bet I can think faster than a light bulb can light itself up.

How could I believe in the best mathematician in history....I was dumb.

Or that Ness can move objects and talk to animals because of psychic powers....yup....Ness can't do anything Mewtwo can do.

PS screw the light side.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wha....OK dude, thinking is faster than the speed of light.

Hell, thinking is faster than reflexes, god, what was I thinking.

I bet I can think faster than a light bulb can light itself up.

How could I believe in the best mathematician in history....I was dumb.
aside from the wtf comment at the end of this...

the speed of a thought in a sense is faster than light...you are always thinking thoughts are always "traveling" thoughts are instantaneous, but light isn't...

woot...get at me...1000 posts

payasofobia

Smash Champion
aside from the wtf comment at the end of this...

the speed of a thought in a sense is faster than light...you are always thinking thoughts are always "traveling" thoughts are instantaneous, but light isn't...

woot...get at me...1000 posts
Pfft, our brains are energy, our thoughts are electricity and we probably have no TRUE free will because atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways and our brains are made of atoms and particles.

Nothing is faster than light. The only thing faster than light is darkness....or space if you want to call it that.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Pfft, our brains are energy, our thoughts are electricity and we probably have no TRUE free will because atoms and particles behave in probabilistic ways and our brains are made of atoms and particles.

Nothing is faster than light. The only thing faster than light is darkness....or space if you want to call it that.
all right turn on a light...
which came faster...
you thinking of turning on a light or the light coming filling the room?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That's a bad example because the light cannot turn on before you think it and press the switch.

And even that is a bad example because the electricity must get to the bulb and transform into light for it to count.

tocador

Smash Lord
I know a thing faster then both light and thought.

Leme tell you a story: The teacher was asking on the class what was the fastest thing on earth to her students.

First she asked little Ashley, and she answered: "It is the light teacher, becaue when you turn on it, you dont even wait, it just lights".

Then she asked Bob, and he answered: "The thought teacher, when you think you dont wait, it just goes, you know, it is faster then even light".

Finally she asked little john, and so he answered: "Diarrhea"
"Why you say that?" asked the teacher.
"There was this time when i was diarrhea, and i reached home and ran into the bathroom. When i entered it, there wasnt time to turn the lights on or to think of putting my pants down, just to leave the **** on the toilet."

Ps: Thinking isnt a movement, thats why eisntein dont consider it as faster then light. But its basically instantaneous. You cant act before thinking, and thats the only thing mewtwo needs to kill ness, the thinking.

Top Bottom