• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
Based on Ness' list of moves given by Uffe, I'm going with Ness. None of Mewtwo's moves reach the opponents brain. His psychic attacks have always been translated into raw force made to make devastating blows. If the anime counts (does it?), then Mewtwo can manipulate a person's body. He is also able to shoot balls of energy. Based off of psychic abilities, Ness takes it. But take those away then it might be a different story . . .

Uffe

Smash Hero
No, I'm not missing your point. You said something about them controlling each others minds, and I said that wouldn't happen. So stop assuming and give me some real evidence.
Um, no. You see, I stated that controlling each other wouldn't happen. I also stated that they'd still be able to use PSI.

there is nothing protecting Ness's brain from being tampered with by M2

I don't know who to go for.
if ness wins, Samus wins TDB. but if m2 wins we have an epic rematch in the finals
Likewise.

10likewises
Who's to say M2 can't shield his mind from PSI tricks?

Theoretically, it'd make much more sense for him to be able to than Ness.
Both are psychic. Ness has fought a psychic creature before. I'd have to say much stronger than Mewtwo as well. You know, Giygas? Chances are Ness wasn't able to get into his mind and Giygas couldn't get into Ness'.

Ness can also get out of paralysis with Healing.
My point was to state that Ness has fought a psychic creature before. If Giygas really wanted to control Ness as he had done other animals and humans, he would have most likely done it to Ness as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
My point was to state that Ness has fought a psychic creature before. If Giygas really wanted to control Ness as he had done other animals and humans, he would have most likely done it to Ness as well.
If Giygas did that, it would have been impossible to beat the game and it wouldn't have been fun now would it?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
At least, it has a possible explanation in that Ness and his troop were psychics while all those animals and people were not.

tocador

Smash Lord
Not to mention that Samus has the gravity suit.

Which with the help of magic makes using gravity against her useless.

And matter is...not made of atoms?

Is matter not ruled by physics?

Isn't transporting matter from one place to another, even when breaking one's particles, transporting matter?

And how can Mewtwo be faster than light when according to Einstein, the only thing faster than light is space/nothing/vacuum?

Unless Mewtwo can transform himself into nothing, I doubt he will dodge a flash.

And...isn't a flash.....light?
By the literal term of teletransport, you could translate it into: tele = light transport = move with. Move with light.

In theory you would be able to use light to travel, therefore being as fast as light.

There is another method to teleportation, but even i cant understand, so i will leave it alone.

At least then, if you are moving as fast as a projectile, chances are you wont be caught.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If Giygas did that, it would have been impossible to beat the game and it wouldn't have been fun now would it?

Haha. Very funny. I have nothing else to go off of other than the game. Same could be said about any main character who's to defeat the evil boss at the end of a game. Like The Legend of Zelda for example.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
By the literal term of teletransport, you could translate it into: tele = light transport = move with. Move with light.

In theory you would be able to use light to travel, therefore being as fast as light.

There is another method to teleportation, but even i cant understand, so i will leave it alone.

At least then, if you are moving as fast as a projectile, chances are you wont be caught.
Umm...dude, tele means distant, not light.

Otherwise Television would mean light vision, or telemarketing would mean light marketing.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
From being controlled by one another, perhaps. But they've still got abilities they could use to their advantage.
/Facepalm

If they both go in with their minds closed to each other, then neither will be able to get in and so it will come down to moves only, NO MIND CONTROL.

Let's establish this: If M2 gets inside on Ness, Ness is dead.

Um, no. You see, I stated that controlling each other wouldn't happen. I also stated that they'd still be able to use PSI.
Right...

I agree with Sam. Not only that Ness had help in that battle.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
But isn't a move that is the speed of light and kills Mewtwo 75% of the time better than everything Mewtwo could probably have?

And minds closed= no mind reading.
Yeah, prove to me it kills M2 75% of the time.

I KNOW!

Okay, apparently we're not understanding each other.
Sure.

So, do you agree with this: Neither character will be able to control the others' mind.

That's what I've been trying to express the whole time...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yeah, prove to me it kills M2 75% of the time.

I KNOW!

Sure.

So, do you agree with this: Neither character will be able to control the others' mind.

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/PSI_Flash

Not the exact probability, but it says it has a HIGH probability of killing all enemies on the field.

And even a 51% probability of it working would give Ness the victory.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sure.

Oh! Me too! But at the same time I was clearly stating that just because both wouldn't be able to do so doesn't mean neither one would be able to use their PSI. I was saying that just because they can't mind control each other doesn't mean they can't use their PSI to attack or defend themselves. For example, if Mewtwo learns Psybeam, then no doubt he can use it on Ness, you know? That's all I was trying to say.

tocador

Smash Lord
Umm...dude, tele means distant, not light.

Otherwise Television would mean light vision, or telemarketing would mean light marketing.
Ops messed it up, i made up a deffinition by mixturing latin and greek silly me.

Teleportation is the transfer of matter from one point to another, more or less instantaneously, either by paranormal means or through technological means. Teleportation has been widely utilized in works of science fiction.

Similar is apport, an earlier word used to describe what today might be called teleportation; and bilocation, in which an individual or object is said to be, or appears to be, located in two distinct places at the same instant in time. The word "teletransportation" (which simply expands Charles Fort's abbreviated term) was first employed by Derek Parfit as part of a thought exercise on identity.

The word was coined in 1931[1][2] by American writer Charles Fort to describe the strange disappearances and appearances of anomalies, which he suggested may be connected. He joined the Greek prefix tele- (meaning "distant") to the Latin verb portare (meaning "to carry"). Fort's first formal use of the word was in the second chapter of his 1931 book, Lo! "Mostly in this book I shall specialize upon indications that there exists a transportory force that I shall call Teleportation." Though, with his typical half-serious jokiness, Fort added, "I shall be accused of having assembled lies, yarns, hoaxes, and superstitions. To some degree I think so myself. To some degree, I do not. I offer the data."[3] Fort suggested that teleportation might explain various allegedly paranormal phenomena, though, typically, it's sometimes difficult to tell if Fort took his own "theory" seriously, or instead used it to point out what he saw as the inadequacy of mainstream science to account for strange phenomena.

In other words, teletransporting = being in two places at the same time(instantaneuos movement), but in fact being in only one. Is it possible? Not for us, with now-a-days tecnology.

Is it possible in a canon matchup? Hell yeah.

@Paya: Pk flash isnt speed of light :D. Plus, teleporting > light speed.

Sieguest

Smash Master
wtf?
hmmm....lemme find a quote of something I said in the last canon battle...it will be my point of neutrality...brb...

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@Paya: Pk flash isnt speed of light :D. Plus, teleporting > light speed.
Nope, unless suddenly the definition of a flash of light is ''really powerfull boob attack''.

And you know the definition of teleportation in fiction. Stick to that.

tocador

Smash Lord
I could name my dog flash, but hell, he wouldnt be as fast as light.

Controling a light speed projectile is just, no. Plus, you made that up ><, it dosent say in any place that pk flash = light speed.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Projectile? More like a flash of light.

http://mother3.fobby.net/

Get the ROM and play the game until the Pig electro tower (forgot the name). PSI flash is a flash of light, not a projectile.

Or just look at this.

Either lots of small balls of light or a flash.

tocador

Smash Lord
Pk flash = light, use sunblocker and you will be good then.

Still, controling someones mind is different from controling someones body. Mewtwo can still play doll with that big-headed earthling.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Pk flash = light, use sunblocker and you will be good then.

Still, controling someones mind is different from controling someones body. Mewtwo can still play doll with that big-headed earthling.
Lol @ sunblock. Better get Banana Boat. :laugh:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The best Pk flash Lucas can get is the Beta one.

Ness gets all Pk flashes.

But yeah, they are the same.

BETA: It generates a strong flash and can make the enemy start crying uncontrollably, and in some circumstances, can make the enemy feel strange, become numb, or even be destroyed.

LUCAS: Causes all enemies to cry. Can also cause strangeness, paralysis, and instant defeat.

Sieguest

Smash Master
but the comparing it to what in can do to mewtwo is null due to the fact that these are only evidenced by what happens in Samus's universe...not the Pokemon world...we can't measure exactly how powerful something is compared to something else from an entirey different state of being...
the natures of each's individual universe are very different from each other, so an accurate comparison of potentcy is gone...

Again the comparison of two different universes in Canon is null...as the natures of each universe cannot allow us to accurately determine the effectiveness of one upon the other...

a flamethrower from flareon is not the same as the flamethrower from metroid...two different mechanics in canon...
all the other comparison you made are derived from two different mechanics in canon....
^true while seemingly unrelated to this ness vs M2-it is...this is a canon match correct?
while I'm not directly hitting on M2 vs Ness...the concept is still the same...

my reason

I've declared neutrality

tocador

Smash Lord
Just to not wander off too much:

Ness offense: Pk flash + pk rocking

M2 offense: Body control, throwing stuff, mind battle ...

Ness defense: Run, teleport(???), psy-sucking barriers.

Mewtwo defense: Teleport, barriers of all kind, gravity fields.

@Marthage: Except they both are from earth.They live under the same physics. The're notion of flamethrower are the same, because you know, they are both earthlings(pokemons or not).

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Someone clear this up?

This is if it works on the other person, not if they can do it at all.

l___________________________________________l
lTelekinesis_________________No? ???___Yes? ???_l
lDamaging Pyschic Powers_____Yes? ???___Yes? ???_l

Sieguest

Smash Master

@Marthage: Except they both are from earth.They live under the same physics. The're notion of flamethrower are the same, because you know, they are both earthlings(pokemons or not).
Nowhere anywhere in the pokemon series does it mention the earth...
besides that misses the point of how something from one series affects something from the other series potentcy wise

Uffe

Smash Hero

Ness offense: Pk flash + pk rocking

M2 offense: Body control, throwing stuff, mind battle ...

Ness defense: Run, teleport(???), psy-sucking barriers.

Mewtwo defense: Teleport, barriers of all kind, gravity fields.

If Mewtwo has body control, what makes you think Ness doesn't? I don't think Ness would just let Mewtwo pick him up. Same applies for Mewtwo. Ness displayed minor telekinetic powers as early as infancy. He picked up his bottle as an infant. Chances are his ability to do so with other objects and possibly humans have grown.

Someone clear this up?

This is if it works on the other person, not if they can do it at all.

lTelekinesis_________________No? ???___Yes? ???_l
lDamaging Pyschic Powers_____Yes? ???___Yes? ???_l
Ness has telepathy. He communicate with animals, some plants and non-humans.

UncleSam

Smash Master
If Mewtwo has body control, what makes you think Ness doesn't? I don't think Ness would just let Mewtwo pick him up. Same applies for Mewtwo. Ness displayed minor telekinetic powers as early as infancy. He picked up his bottle as an infant. Chances are his ability to do so with other objects and possibly humans have grown.
what game anywhere does it show that ness can control bodies I'd like to know, I hardly know anything about mother

tocador

Smash Lord
Mewtwo ahs a move called psychic, plus he is shown in animes controling peoples body.

Unless ness have a "body-control psy stuff alpha" move, or you seen he doing it in anime he is bounded to not being able to do so.

Uffe

Smash Hero
what game anywhere does it show that ness can control bodies I'd like to know, I hardly know anything about mother

What game anywhere does it show Mewtwo controlling bodies?

Mewtwo ahs a move called psychic, plus he is shown in animes controling peoples body.

Unless ness have a "body-control psy stuff alpha" move, or you seen he doing it in anime he is bounded to not being able to do so.
You forget that these humans have no psychic abilities, so it's kind of hard to tell whether or not Mewtwo can do this to everybody.

JOE!

Smash Hero
LIKE EVERY **** CANON BATTLE< ITS AS IF A WIZARD DID IT AND THEY HAVE THEIR ABILITIES IN A REAL-LIFE SETTING!

anywho, Gygas didnt actually fight ness, ness survived him. And did ness really do it ALONE?

NEss doesnt screw with minds...but mewtwo does

How can he heal himself if paralyzed?

Mewtwo can TP too

Uffe

Smash Hero
watch the first movie...

That's the movie, not the game. See how that works? I've only got one thing to work with. As I already brought up, Ness has shown a sign of telekinetic power as early as infancy. If he's able to pick up an object or objects, what makes you think he wouldn't be able to do the same to a human or even Mewtwo?

Top Bottom