• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And just to make something clear.

There is no evidence that in EB pk flash moved in light speed. The name says what the attack is made off, not its speed. Unless you can prove it, when shall consider it by using the only real measurement we can use, official info, or smash.

Edit:"Can talk to beings no normal being can speak to thanks to telepathy.

WOW, this is sure to give ness the win.

Can move objects."

Light ones btw. And not people.
http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_PSI_abilities_in_EarthBound#PSI_Flash

It generates a strong flash and can make the enemy start crying uncontrollably. Often, it will destroy an enemy in a single strike.

Flashes=light.

Talking to other beings=Mewtwo does it too, and that implies mind reading.

Move objects: moving rocks>throwing Ash into a pool.

Ness always wins in a canon fight.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Doubt it.

If Mewtwo can't react to the flash, then Samus won't either.

Still, I have my doubts.

It's official.

SAMUS VS NESS IN THE FINALS.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's the attack animation dude, not a sure tell about how the attack works. Otherwise the game would be boring.

Instant is a false term, for there is no instant action in this universe.

Everything moves at a certain speed, even when it does not seem like it.

And light simply moves faster than thought. Just go lurk moar.

Electricity is fast, but it will never be as fast as a flash of light. Never. Ever. Our minds are limited and we living beings are slow to act and react.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

Around 300 milliseconds. That's how long it took a volunteer to begin to understand a pictured object. Add to that another 450 milliseconds to fully comprehend what it was. Total speed of thought: 750 milliseconds.

Such are the results coming out of work conducted by John Hopkins scientists seeking to measure rates of comprehension. "This information has been difficult to acquire," says neurologist and team leader John Hart, "even with different combinations of behavioural tests, electrical recordings and imaging studies such as PET scans."
Yet by taking advantage of a unique opportunity afforded by a patient scheduled for tests using electrodes surgically placed on his brain, the researchers have moved one step closer to "building theories of higher mental activity." Until now, the speed of cognitive operations (including language processing) has been the missing ingredient.

Reporting their findings in the May 25 Proceedings of the National Academy of the Sciences, the researchers describe how the patient was asked to name and categorize a variety of pictures and words. By way of a grid of 174 electrodes, his brain activity was then monitored. The speed of comprehension was far quicker for objects that were already familiar to him.

The data, obtained within a single stage at a single site in the brain, are further evidence that information accumulates gradually in the brain, rather than in a strictly all-or-none fashion.
this scan shows like two different thoughts...
I agree instant is a bad word...

recognition leads to thought directly afterword...boom..right there...nigh no time between...why'd they add two different articles of thought kills me...

"oh hey there is something" is a thought all in itself after recognition...nigh fast

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And it ended up in a tie.

But if Ness has all of Mewtwo's abilities and more, I believe that he has enough going for him to defeat Spamus.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I hope in the last round they are allowed to use all of they're abillities but still in RL type of style. >_>
I think they were. It had something to do with Samus I guess having some psychic ability. I'm not too sure. I don't feel like going all the way back and searching. That condensing crap was pulled up, though, that's for sure.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think they were. It had something to do with Samus I guess having some psychic ability. I'm not too sure. I don't feel like going all the way back and searching. That condensing crap was pulled up, though, that's for sure.
IDK what tocador was doing, but Samus' suit will resist electrical pulses which is part of the process in telepathy.
M2 couldn't get into her head.
Plus Samus has fought Psionics B4 taking into some weird account that well I can't even remember

payasofobia

Smash Champion
If Ness loses, all of his friends, family, doggy, townspeople and rivals will die in an planet-sized explosion and will be forever forgotten by the rest of the galaxy.

If Samus loses then the whole galaxy except the Earth is conquered by the space pirates and then galaxy-sized genocide ensues.

-------------------------

UNCLE, why was it a tie? I thought Samus had that one for sure...

Salem

Smash Champion
Samus ain't psychic. O_o

But she has the gravity suit to help not get flipped around and get her neck snapped.

And I don't think PSI Flash will work on her cause of the suit. >_>
It's considered a metal right? cause last I played Earthbound PSI Flash never worked on any kind of metal thing.
Then again I haven't played that game in a while so I don't know. :p

UncleSam

Smash Master
Samus ain't psychic. O_o
tocador did it *points to tocador*

But she has the gravity suit to help not get flipped around and get her neck snapped.

It's considered a metal right? cause last I played Earthbound PSI Flash never worked on any kind of metal thing.
trufax bro.
*pokes*

REL38

Smash Lord
A flash of light can temperarily daze someone's vision.

A flash grenade can temperarily blind someone.

Rapid flashes of light can cause a siezure.

If PK Flash was strong enought to OHKO enemies then it's gotta be epically strong, but in the intensity of the light.

PK Flash is apparently strong enough that it would fry the retina of the eye. The flash of light is apparently so dramatic that it screws over the occipital nerves that relay vision to the brain, utterly destroys the Ociipital Lobe of the brain from an extremely severe burst of light causing the brain to no longer function.

This is the only way a flash of light would destroy an enemy other than the theory of extreme amounts of heat.

This is how Ness Implodes Mewtwo's brain.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Samus ain't psychic. O_o

Ask a Metroid player. I'm not one who plays Metroid.

UncleSam

Smash Master

If PK Flash was strong enought to OHKO enemies then it's gotta be epically strong, but in the intensity of the light.

PK Flash is apparently strong enough that it would fry the retina of the eye. The flash of light is apparently so dramatic that it screws over the occipital nerves that relay vision to the brain, utterly destroys the Ociipital Lobe of the brain from an extremely severe burst of light causing the brain to no longer function.

This is the only way a flash of light would destroy an enemy other than the theory of extreme amounts of heat.

where in anywhere can you implode somebody's brain by burning their retnas with extreme amounts of light?
that's BS

EDIT: me and Dryn are metroid fans.
In all the games I've played light hasn't done damage that I know of
haven't played the games in a while tho, just hyping other M

payasofobia

Smash Champion

Extreme amounts of heat works too.

And remember dudes, Samus can be affected by flashes of light as shown the prime trilogy. Just get close to an exploding missile.

She is not inmune to them.

Though according to the effect, I would think that the light is so intense that it burns the opponent while also blinding them.

----------------------

Ok, time to calm ourselves I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg14-pbuQoA&feature=channel_page

UncleSam

Smash Master
And remember dudes, Samus can be affected by flashes of light as shown the prime trilogy. Just get close to an exploding missile.

She is not inmune to them.
it's a concussive blast, I don't think light is a factor there
Though according to the effect, I would think that the light is so intense that it burns the opponent while also blinding them.
still that doesn't implode somebody's brain
I want to bash REL's quote because that was just stupid
and for the light to do that it would have to be very concentrated. doesn't that take time?

----------------------

Ok, time to calm ourselves I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg14-pbuQoA&feature=channel_page
trufax

enjoy cherrim ppl

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/PSI_Flash

Not the exact probability, but it says it has a HIGH probability of killing all enemies on the field.

And even a 51% probability of it working would give Ness the victory.
No, it wouldn't. Also, the people Ness faces aren't constantly moving, are they? Mewtwo could teleport out of the way, towards Ness, appear next to him, and snap his neck. Game over.

Oh! Me too! But at the same time I was clearly stating that just because both wouldn't be able to do so doesn't mean neither one would be able to use their PSI. I was saying that just because they can't mind control each other doesn't mean they can't use their PSI to attack or defend themselves. For example, if Mewtwo learns Psybeam, then no doubt he can use it on Ness, you know? That's all I was trying to say.
Yeah, yeah, I agree. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
No, it wouldn't. Also, the people Ness faces aren't constantly moving, are they? Mewtwo could teleport out of the way, towards Ness, appear next to him, and snap his neck. Game over.

Yeah, yeah, I agree. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
You're saying Ness can't detect that or very well do the same thing?

What are people not getting?
Ness can do everything Mewtwo does and then some.

tocador

Smash Lord
OK just to chill you guys out, saying that "Ness= m2 but with zomg move".

Mewtwo is know for: Changing weather conditions(changing atoms vibrations), reading/moving/controling peoples mind/body, creating gravitational field(particles movement) and being able to teleport/create barriers, with the addition of having such a advanced brain structure it can actually changes reallity with his brain waves(particles movement and such).

Ness in the other hand is a kid that aqquired psyonic powers and can with those abilities "cast spells" and talk to things.

Ness never read anyones mind.

Ness never controled anyones body.

Ness was never proved to be abnormaly good with reflexes and such.

Ness attacks dont kill, just knock them out, mostly.

Ness is said to have the ultimate weapon, PK FLASH. A flash to actually cause some damage(besides blinding in eye contact), need to have ultra high temperatures, that in contact, or close to human flesh would melt it, thus making it a self destruction move.

The only way then pk flash is plausible is that a flash of light scares or knocks foes out by its brightness.

This is ness ultimate weapon, eyes closed and bam, it wont work.

Now onto body structure:

"Ness is a small child, with a big head. He is a average human, just with psyonic powers".

"Mewtwo was built by the world most advanced cientists to be a weapon, designed to change the world by playing with its physics, as moving particles and changing vibrations. The world is made of those, everything is atoms vibrating together, if you change how they vibrate or where they are, you can possibly kill anything or build anything. For that reasons, m2 was given abnormal analysing capacities, better than supercomputers, and a special spinal cord capable of doing so."

In game history: While mewtwo turned good in his movie, he is konw as the ultimate pokemon, and in the movie only resigned because people needed a happy ending. If you see, he didnt loose, he just turned good. Whereas, he fought lost of animals, pokemons, and changed world as we know.

Ness is a kid. He participates into a kid's game. In his journey he learns spells to kick peoples *** with hes powers, but most of the spells arent deadly, they dont kill, just knock them out. Flashes, dizzyness, headbuts, most of those dont kill, just injure or knock people out because of side effects. All of them wich can be countered by simple moves, such as closing eyes, or moving somes steps to the side, as they all come from a child.

In the battle: Ness dont have any tools to use. His only killing weapon is the stick, and melee moves, where he can teleport, or use psy moves to get free hits.

Mewtwo can predict and react to all those moves, plus, controling all the things he can, he can alterate anything around ness, or mess up with ness. Throwing him at rocks, exploding his head with pressure, toying with ness blood, you call it. Each one of those its a insta KO and dont take time to occur, basicaly instantaneously.

Add that to mind reading, and mewtwo can just act faster then ness or dodge any move he throws at him.

Ness is a kid, Mewtwo is a god, this is a unfair fight.

Next round please.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
"Mewtwo was built by the world most advanced cientists to be a weapon, designed to change the world by playing with its physics, as moving particles and changing vibrations. The world is made of those, everything is atoms vibrating together, if you change how they vibrate or where they are, you can possibly kill anything or build anything. For that reasons, m2 was given abnormal analysing capacities, better than supercomputers, and a special spinal cord capable of doing so."

In game history: While mewtwo turned good in his movie, he is konw as the ultimate pokemon, and in the movie only resigned because people needed a happy ending. If you see, he didnt loose, he just turned good. Whereas, he fought lost of animals, pokemons, and changed world as we know.
No, he was just created to prove that you could clone pokemons. And that you could combine Pokemon DNA.

Whoops, double post.

Anyway, since when was Mewtwo a weapon?

tocador

Smash Lord
No, he was just created to prove that you could clone pokemons. And that you could combine Pokemon DNA.

Whoops, double post.
This is true, but you need to analyse it farther.

Why creating a clone of a pokemon? Better, why clonning the BEST pokemon? History says they wanted a army of super pokemons, or at least one that would give them total domination, so thats why they enchanced mewtwo with all the extra abilities.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
This is true, but you need to analyse it farther.

Why creating a clone of a pokemon? Better, why clonning the BEST pokemon? History says they wanted a army of super pokemons, or at least one that would give them total domination, so thats why they enchanced mewtwo with all the extra abilities.
Extra? lol, Mewtwo is a bad clone.

Mew is far more flexible and usefull than Mewtwo, although it lacks the raw strenght Mewtwo has.

And Mew has never been a god, he is just the original pokemon. The pokemon which every other pokemon evolved from.

And Mewtwo was never planned to be aggresive, the gene splicing made him like that.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You're saying Ness can't detect that or very well do the same thing?

What are people not getting?
Ness can do everything Mewtwo does and then some.
Really?

How could Ness detect that if he doesn't enter M2's mind?

All Mewtwo needs to do is get inside, and it's OVER. Mewtwo is a creation stronger than anything Ness has ever faced. What we need to do is stop treating M2 like a normal thing Ness fights against. Rules applying to the people Ness has defeated may not and probably will not apply to M2.

The question is, what are you not getting.

It depends, how much can an exploding tree move?
See, that's my point.

Top Bottom