• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
wrong. that implies the bigger guy is about the same skill level, and if he's bigger, and as good as you, he's better

anywho, wario isnt 2x as big, but he's near 2x as heavy
I'm assuming you mean as skillful, but bigger.

No, because you gotta remember, a ton of that is fat. While muscleheads who are bigger, will be faster (there are other issues which I'll get to later), way too much of wario is fat.

He's got the edge on brute strength barely, but his primary advantage is girth to add to momentum, which will deal more damage, but he's gonna be slower, and slower, with the same skill level (and there's no way lucario has anywhere near the same skill level) is dead.

Also, Lucario's thigh muscles aren't mostly hair, take a look:

Too obviously defined, too obviously flexing that's just muscle. He WILL pulp wario's anything that he gets a direct hit on with a kick. He can also pounce very well.

Addittionally, here's the thing with muscle, if you've got a lot of muscle, you tire quickly. That's why distance runners are mad defined but never big. Wario breaks that in a million ways by not only being muscular, but also being extremely fat. He completely reverses humanity's general advantage, and he doesn't even get raw speed like most muscular guys do.

Lucario uses low kick, GG wario, your legs are taken out, and you're crippled. Or he can tire them out.

Yes we need to.

Baboons are 8 times stronger than humans. Diddy should have won that fight.
Lucario isn't a human...

Also, Diddy isn't a baboon.

That is bull****. Lucario looks nothing like a cat.

Just look at JOE!'s comparison a few pages back.
His build is much more like a panther then a dog.

A REAL one, not a cartoon one.

Ok, Jackle's pretty good, except the hindquarters are off, his hind legs are good mostly for pouncing.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
25 pages? That's way too many in an obviously broken fight.

Lucario is stronger, faster and more resilient in every way.
Lucario has trained in martial arts beond that of any human level.
Lucario has blades, claws, concentrated muscles, excellent jumping skill and can throw kicks and punches faster than the eye can see.
He is also part metal so hitting him would be like punching a brick.

I usually write paragraphs for the one I think'll win, explaining the strengths and weaknesses of both, but I can't think of any situation in which Wario would win, other than Lucario spontaniously combusts.

-----------

EDIT: OK, My love of a debate has driven me to find anything which could be of use.

Wario can hold onto things with his hands, and IRL no aura to grip things with.
But what's he going to do?

Throw a rock at Lucario?
Smashed, continue on to punch his lights out.

Hit him with a stick?
It would need to be a heavy stick to do anything, which would leave him open when (not if) he misses.

Grapple with him?
Hand spike to the throat. (And this is who is DEADLIEST.)

Hold onto BOTH his arms?
Chest spike to the heart/chin/neck.
Groin Kick.
Forward flip over Wario followed by a kick to the back of the head (maybe with his claws out).

--------

If we look at the games they came from:
Lucario is a strong pokemon in the standard tier but is easily capable of beating one in the uber tier.
Due to this it was thought that it was a legendary pokemon until it was disproved by nintendo.

Wario was an antagonist in the Mario series, but then Nintendo ran out of ways to make him look strong and threatening and so gave him his own series of games where he spends forever more playing mini-games, bumping into walls and shaking things to death.
---------

Weaponary:
Lucario has metal spikes on his wrists which can stab, slash and block.
One metal spike on his chest probably to protect his heart.

Wario has his fists.
---------

Armour:
Lucario has metal bones capable of withstanding most impacts.

Wario is fat.
---------

Skill:
Lucario was born knowing martial arts and has only got better since.

Wario can shake things.
---------

Physique:
Lucario is based on Anubis.
Anubis is part Jackal.
Jackals (and other wild dogs) have some of the best endurance in the animal kingdom (maybe camals and certain species of reptile).
Lucario has the balance and poise to stand on his hind paws.
Lucario has concentrated muscles which can punch through rock.
Lucario has claws.

Wario is fat.
His fat could protect him from a few blows and might protect him from a clean stab to the gut.
His neck is less lucky.

---------

Wario holds no advantage over Lucario.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
MRG's manly gaze paralized the substitute!

Well, whatever.

I just hope JOE! returns quickly. I am hoping we get to do a loser brackets match now.

REL38

Smash Lord
An orgainzed wall of text.

The Lucario we are dealing with is a wild Pokemon. You need a TEACHER in order for someone to master a form of martial arts. That would mean he'd have to make up his own and use it on Pokemon opponents. He's used to fighting ONLY Pokemon oppnents so the fact that he's fighting against a human for a change might throw him off for a few seconds.

Next, how do you know he has METAL BONES. Metal doesn't substitute real bones. Some people have metal hips, but not every bone in their body is metal since the body wouldn't be able to function properly.

Dude, we can't go off of Lucario's stength depicted in the Pokemon games since that would be unrealistic as I stated before:

Lucario's stat is at 110.

Okay, then let's compare this to another Pokemon.

Machamp's stat is 130.

Nothing big, right?

Well, let's look at what the Pokedex says about Machamp:

Pokemon Yellow:
One arm alone can move mountains. Using all four arms, this Pokémon fires off awesome punches.

Pokemon FireRed:
Its four ruggedly developed arms can launch a flurry of 1,000 punches in just two seconds.

Pokemon Pearl:
It can knock a train flying with a punch. However, it is terrible at delicate work using its fingers.

So if a Pokemon with a Base Attack Stat of 130 can MOVE MOUNTAINS, then what kind of power does Lucario have if he's only 20 points lower?

The problem with giving Lucario such strength makes it extremely unrealistic. So apparently Lucario can punch 800 times in two seconds? So Lucario can't necessarily move a mountain, but move an oil tanker with ease? That would be COMPLETELY unrealistic.

How does his body structure allow for such overwhelming amounts of strength? Wouldn't his muscles tear apart from punching at such great speeds?

You use his stats from Pokemon games when they defy the laws of Anatomy. Because of this, we gotta go with the realistic route of comparing Lucario to a Jackel that can walk on it's hind legs and doesn't afraid of anything.

It's because of this where his spikes would have limited use. His strength would then be compared to a jackel (Anubis looks like a Jackel) so the most damage those spikes are doing are cuts and gashes, but if he's getting in that close, then Wario's just gonna grab him and give him one good swing and it's lights out.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
^ Lucario/Riolu are fighting types, they know how to fight from birth.
Maybe not a human fighting style, but one that works.

And addler, I think you need to review your post a little more.
Everything I said was entirely cannon. I reviewed every fact before posting them.

I don't want this great thread to turn into a fight between people who care and people who are just voting for their favourite.

UncleSam

Smash Master
he means there is only one thing wrong, the bones are not made of metal,
everything else is correct or was accepted (Lucario's spikes)

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
This is a realistic fight.

I would try to prove you wrong and dismantle a lot of your arguments, but there are multiple wall of texts explaining just that in previous pages.

Donj't take this post personaly.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
I can't find evidence on the web of his metal bones (all the pokedexes talk about his aura), however it was metioned once in the anime.

Miss off his metal bones and he's still the quicker and stronger fighter though.

Dude, we can't go off of Lucario's stength depicted in the Pokemon games since that would be unrealistic
Note: It is his ATTACK stat, not his Strength.

This is how much damage he can cause with his hands, claws and spikes, not how much he can lift.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I can't find evidence on the web of his metal bones (all the pokedexes talk about his aura), however it was metioned once in the anime.

Miss off his metal bones and he's still the quicker and stronger fighter though.
Donj't take this post personaly.
^^ this, you don't need to explain
EDIT: he still explains, well not my problem
I r back.

Unclesam, YOU LEFT US, there shall be no respect here, never we shall speak again.

*Get's gun and shoot head"
no respect? bow down to me,
I has a YGOTAS reference in my custom title, HAH!

Adler

Smash Apprentice

UncleSam

Smash Master
I can see that, and you can see that, and adumbrodeus can see that, but they are persistent...
so I'm not saying anything until I really need to

UncleSam

Smash Master
wow somebody likes it

custom title, I can prank ppl, green name, and access to a premium only room I'm not telling about wut we do thar

oldhat

Smash Rookie
What Adler's saying is just not realistic. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8120758&postcount=3960 Realistically, Lucario is a jackal that can walk on it's hind legs. The largest jackal on the planet, the golden jackal, "is generally 70–105 centimetres (28–42 inches) in length,"( golden jackal physical characteristics ). Lucario is at most 3'6" , standing on his hind legs. Wario is about 5'3" and has tons of range on Lucario. Not to mention the weight discrepancy between a 30 pound jackal and and 300 pound man.

Besides, Lucario's spikes are on the front of his paws. Which completely nerfs their range and striking power as weapons.

And Adler:

"This is a contest of real world fights between members of the cast of super smash brothers. This means no magic, no game physics, no ph1r3, and realistic as possible."

Sonic doesn't have super speed, and Yoshi can't flutter jump. Metal bones are just about as silly.

REL38

Smash Lord
1.I can't find evidence on the web of his metal bones (all the pokedexes talk about his aura), however it was metioned once in the anime.

2. Miss off his metal bones and he's still the quicker and stronger fighter though.

3. Note: It is his ATTACK stat, not his Strength.

This is how much damage he can cause with his hands, claws and spikes, not how much he can lift.
1. Proof or it didn't happen.

2. He might be quicker, but definitely not stronger.

3. The Attack Stat is basically the exact same thing as his strength. Chances are if you can pick up a 1000 lb boulder, then your punch is gonna waste someone. Giving Lucario that Stat is unrealistic.

Sidenote: Since when did Lucario get asthma?

tocador

Smash Lord
I hate wikipedia

10hateswikipedia

Edit: I know what asthma is, its just i didnt knew its english name ><. In portuguese it is called ASMA so i first tought you guys written it wrong =/.

Top Bottom